[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what to believe anymore. Why are we even on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

File: mats.jpg (126KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
mats.jpg
126KB, 900x600px
I don't know what to believe anymore. Why are we even on earth? I've heard that it's because of our physical birth, but why is that? Why are we told we will go to heaven anyway? What was the point of descending to Earth?
>>
we were put on earth to survey scrotes, and we will die on earth commandeering the cock.
>>
>>18243649
I don't know OP but I can tell you this post is false 100% for sure
>>
>>18243663
i can tell you that sounds like the sour grapes of a person who has hasn't even began to seize meat.
>>
>>18243632
We're here to test our strength. Heaven is merely a word for the complete perfection of our true existence beyond this one. There is no change there, so we limit our consciousness and connectedness by coming here. This is the only way to know if you're a good person; can you best fear, pain, and confusion and still be kind to your fellows? Most likely, this isn't your first attempt and it won't be your last. Don't worry if you fail, there's always the next life.
>>
You're are here due to necessity, whether or not you wish to address the terror of the situation is up to you.
>>
>>18243853
I've handled my share of meat jousts, but I am not dumb enough to believe that THAT is the whole point of life on Earth!
>>
* “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith* in God; have faith also in me. 2In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3* And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.a 4Where [I] am going you know the way.”* 5Thomas said to him, “Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?” 6Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth* and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.b 7If you know me, then you will also know my Father.* From now on you do know him and have seen him.”c 8Philip said to him, “Master, show us the Father,* and that will be enough for us.”d 9Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?e 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.f 11Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.g
>>
12Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.h 13And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.i 14If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.

The Advocate. 15“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.j 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate* to be with you always,k 17the Spirit of truth,* which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.l 18I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.* 19In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me, because I live and you will live.m 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I in you.n 21Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”o
>>
22Judas, not the Iscariot,* said to him, “Master, [then] what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?”p 23Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.q 24Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.

25“I have told you this while I am with you. 26The Advocate, the holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name—he will teach you everything and remind you of all that [I] told you.r 27Peace* I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.s 28* You heard me tell you, ‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’t If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I. 29And now I have told you this before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe.u 30I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world* is coming. He has no power over me, 31but the world must know that I love the Father and that I do just as the Father has commanded me. Get up, let us go.v

יֵשׁוּעַ
>>
מָשִׁיחַ

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/matthew-kjv.html
>>
>>18243632
>What was the point of descending to Earth?
>implying some of us didn't ascend from hell
>implying you're worthy to ascend rather than descend as you die
Earth is just another place to be when you are stuck in the cycle of becoming. Stop becoming and just Be and in doing enter Nirvana.
>>
>>18243979
There is nothing "early" about christian writing.

There is nothing old or original about christian anything.

The difference between a Christianity and any other new age belief comes down to social acceptance fueled by popularity.

Exalting a lack of personal responsibility for anything makes it easy for ANYONE to join the fun.

Almost to easy to be true no?
>>
>>18243924
fuckemg fool... i didn't say procreation or to sate ones hedonistic desires, but to qualify and appraise the assets of xibalba.
>>
File: dushka1.jpg (18KB, 440x304px) Image search: [Google]
dushka1.jpg
18KB, 440x304px
>>18243915
This nigga
>>
>>18243632
Earth and the rest of the material realm is a place where rebellious souls can act out their self-centered desires.

This world is basically spiritual time-out; once we calm down and start acting properly, we can return.
>>
File: Untitled.png (383KB, 440x972px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
383KB, 440x972px
>>18244063
>This nigga
What about him?
>>
>>18244080
Hare Krsna. Any ideas for material in the next KCON general?
>>
>>18244080
Well if that ain't a fanciful load of horse droppings.

Return to what? There is nothing that could return and there is nowhere to go.
There is nobody that could depart from anything.

All the time looking for excuses like that. For what?
All the time trying to fix something and to help others. For what?

What the fuck are you hiding you dirty fucker?
Nothing exactly. And that is what you are. Nothing. Nobody.
An illusion coupled with a futility.

>drops the mic and walks out
>>
File: page102_1.jpg (24KB, 365x337px) Image search: [Google]
page102_1.jpg
24KB, 365x337px
>>18244096
Would you kindly let me terrorize your situation?

Spread your Heptaparaparshinok so I can enter with my Triamazikamno.
>>
>>18244097
Personally I'm always up for posting bhajans and talks that you find interesting, but if the point is to gain the interest of /x/, then I admit I am a bit stumped. Karma, reincarnation, God, and the soul are common topics so we can always talk on them but risk becoming noise rather than signal. I originally found interest in retelling chapters of the Bhagavatam, but I'm uncertain which parts will be received well. I was thinking the story of Brahma creating the prajaptis.

And then there's the phenomenon that trolling other threads gets more responses anyway, like >>18244111
>Return to what?
Our eternal state.

>There is nothing that could return
I disagree.

>there is nowhere to go
Yes and no. It is not a change in physical location.

Excuses like what? What am I excusing?

As for fixing and helping others, I currently do it for my own self-interest. Hopefully one day I shall do it simply because I love the person I'm doing it for.

>What the fuck are you hiding you dirty fucker?
Aside from this body's identity, I don't think I am. What do you want to know?

>Nothing exactly.
I am the eternal servant of the servant of Krishna.
>>
>>18244164
Was thinking of putting an FAQ about the basics of Bhakti. Something along the lines of this http://krishna.com/assorted-q-and but much more condensed. Do you also know of any prabhupada lectures that deal with Krsna 101 so to speak?
>>
my theory so far

there was the demiurge principle, casting souls down, and whether we like life on earth or not we need to live a good and virtuous life connected with the skies so that at some point in our next lives we will finally attain gnosis/nirvana/whatever

i do not know why this happened to us. some guy once told me about his experience while he was meditating, he said he was able to see his soul being removed from some sort of universal consciousness and being put in his fetus, a direct descending into mortal coils away from home

i started crying incontrollably when he told me that. since then I have a hard time believing we're on earth so that we can be "tested". being tested cannot be the purpose of being on earth.
>>
>>18244182
it cannot be the purpose of being on earth, because being above is where we should be. you wouldnt kick your 4 years old child out of the house to "test him". it is at home that he can actually grow for the better with his parents. ideally.
>>
>>18243632
Wee're on Earth because we're dead
>>
>>18244173
What about bios? Bhakti is a distinctive type of yoga because it deals with relationships, PEOPLE. We can give people not just the stories of the avatars, but of the saints and acaryas as well.

How many times has Sri Nityananda Prabhu even been mentioned on /x/, let alone Lord Chaitanya?
>>
>>18244164
>>Return to what
>our eternal state
If there was a departure and a return, then that state can hardly be assigned the name "eternal state".

Now, how does this differentiate to my current state?
Who am I even? I am nobody and yet I am all, for each one of you I am different. So where am I? Who am I?
I am already eternal and there is nothing to return to.
You sir, are playing a game.
>>
>>18244182
Why is being tested not a justifiable enough reason?

Why does the reason have to be justifiable at all?

You could very well be here for the sole purpose of cleaning fishtanks.
>>
>>18244223
>Why does the reason have to be justifiable at all?
come on.

and as I said, from what I know, this cannot be the reason why. what would even be the purpose? we are put in mortal coils with extremely limited intelligence. this is not a game.
>>
>>18244240
It's a game to see if you'll pass through the womb or not
>>
>>18244211
>If there was a departure and a return
There hasn't been. You are currently serving Krishna. We all are. This cannot be avoided. The difference is whether you do so directly, intentionally, or you do so indirectly, under the illusion that you are serving yourself.

>Now, how does this differentiate to my current state?
The difference is in your consciousness.

>Who am I even?
You are a soul. An eternal, infinitesimal part of the infinite whole, the Supreme Soul.

>So where am I?
I don't know.
>>
>>18244247
that's unfair considering some are born retards and stuff, it doesnt add up
>>
>>18244240
There is no obligation for you to have a purpose nor anyone else.
>>
>>18244259
That's what happens in the world of the dead, chaos and imperfection.
>>
>>18244255
>there hasn't been
What now? Return or no Return?
If there is a return, the state is not eternal.
If there is no return then we still can't talk about eternity.
You simply don't know.

But you want to believe, and that is a strong thing.

>the difference is in your consciousness
My conscience tells me you're not even trying.

>you are a soul
You say that because you are a soul too right?
So how would you know at all?
Because somebody told you? Who told you? Your mind?
>>
>>18244264
we have been CAST down to earth.
>>
>>18244318
>What now? Return or no Return?
Both. The temporary exists within the eternal.

>You simply don't know.
I do not. Correct. But I can give you the information of the acaryas that do.

>You say that because you are a soul too right?
I am a soul. That is not why I say it.

>So how would you know at all?
The soul is realized many ways, though the most accessible is inquiring from those who are self-realized, and offering them service

>Because somebody told you?
Yes.

>Who told you?
Srila Prabhupada and Krishna

>Your mind?
I feel that you think I believe myself enlightened or self-realized. This is not the case.
>>
>>18244363
I am self realized.
Now what?

>I feel you think
Yada yada all wrong and nonsense obviously.
You should be ashamed tricking the kids into your vehicle, sir. You are a dirty man.
>>
>>18244319
Ohh OK. Sorry.
>>
>>18244406
not him, but you're a stupid fucking faggot skeptic who doesn't belong on /x/. Why the fuck are you here if you are literally throwing a tantrum over the fact that you can't comprehend the idea that you have a soul?(you fucking do, retard) Is this an extended summer? You're being manipulated, either way.
>>
>>18244430
>we don't take kindly of your folk around here
Roll a d20 to see if you cry. If so, how hard?

Why are you here if you literaly throw a tantrum
To throw tantrums. What are you? Stupid?
>you don't belong here

Show me your soul.
>can't show
Aw shit nigga
>but is there
And I am a rich man.

>you're being manipulated
Wouldn't be too sure about that one if I were you.
But you are not me. Thank fucking goodness.
>>
>>18244247
I was a c-section. Does that mean the universe did not want me?

But I'm here anyways because they cut me out. Oh god no.
>>
>>18244464
What are you talking about? As long you're here, you belong here. This place is for the dead.
>>
>>18244446
kys, f a m and you'll remember, and then you'll be disgusted with how arrogant you were.
>>
>>18243961
>6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth* and the life.

Fun fact: in Aramaic and Greek (the only two languages in which Jesus' words could be written if he historically existed), the articles "the" and "a/an" don't work the same way. There is no difference between the definite and indefinite articles in those languages, so it would actually be an equivalent translation to say "I am a way, a truth, and a life."

And if you don't think this is the truth, then just consider it *a* truth ;)
>>
>>18244511

you're cute anon, thanks for that fact, that will be a nice meme to use for the christfags <3
>>
>>18244515
But the KJV is the Holy text of god, bro
>>
>>18244495
But...I was supposed to die at birth

You made sure I didn't. Fuck you cunts!
>>
>>18243632
And what if the soul is no more nor less than the sum-total of all our words and actions? And what is the difference between an action and a word? And what if our purpose is to experience, and share these experiences?

Then, the onus is removed: you are no longer under obligation to judge yourself, or belabor under the false burden of "purpose."

Then, you are free to act, knowing that these actions are always unto yourself as well as to those upon whom you are acting.

Then, you are released: the bondage of self dissolves, and you are allowed to drink deep from the well of being, knowing that beyond good and evil lies the truth of the moment.

Somewhen all are one, anon.
>>
>>18244519
You probably would have been cast down again
>>
>>18244517
*a Holy text of God
;)
>>
>>18244541
Funny, I was being sarcastic though
>>
>>18244529
Who cares. How do I go back up?
>>
>>18243632
I love when everybody want meaning of life existance.
But like kids at frist don't want belive something that they learn were told in stories is not real.
There is no after life.
There is no high order reason to live.
There is no second chance.
There is no advance alien race.
There is imagination.

Even scientists are dreamers.
>>
>>18244510
I'm not arrogant.
You only see me that way. Because you don't really see anything real.
Then you tell others to kill themselfes.
Maybe you're salty because life dealt you a bad hand.

I'm gonna pray for your mother tonight anon.
She needs a blessing after having dealt with an irresponsible brat like you are.
>>
There doesn't need to be a point. You're conscious and that's all that matters. If you decide to stare too closely at a computer monitor, you will only be able to see little flashing lights that appear to be meaningless. If you zoom out and take in the whole picture, it makes sense.

Over-analyzing life is what got me into a few months of existential depression, OP. Just accept it all at face value. You'll discover that happiness is pretty easy
>>
>>18244553
If I knew that, I wouldn't be here
>>
>>18243632

Shit is meant to be known, not believed in.

You don't need to believe in any answers regarding such silly religious questions.
>>
>>18244585
Oh right I forgot you're in hell too lol

Sucks to be us.
>>
>>18244556
retards not allowed in this thread
>>
>>18244556
The chance of life existing outside of earth is astronomical. The chance that am extraterrestrial civilization came into existence before ours did is equally plausible. If they have had more time to advance technologically than we have, there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't be more "advanced" than us. The only question is whether or not one of these races has discovered our planet or not.
>>
>>18244724
>There is no reason to believe they are more advanced than us.

If there were reasons, what would they be? Just curious.
>>
>>18243632
The creator of this universe is some sort of energy made of light. Light has no sense organs or brain to create some sort of sense of all that it senses... Ipso facto, God put a little bit of itself in all of us to observe its creation. We are God observing its creation(s). I could go on about this, but I'm tired. This is condensed.
>>
>>18244527

Somewhere all are one. Just remove your onus!
>>
>>18243632

Because you chose this manifestation.

Do with it what you will.
>>
>>18244801

You created it.

I created it.

We all created it, and are continuing to create it.

That which you call God, exists inside every piece of stardust to float around this place.

The artificial constructs you place on things to separate them are just that, constructs.
>>
If this was a test then by what values what you be jugded on? Any values created by humans will always be biased by human consciousness. And who is to say that they see the true reality of things and can therefore form values to jugde people by truthfully?

Also, why should a loving god send us to a place full of spiritual dangers and things that can gobble your soul or why would you chose to take the risk of going to such a place?

I personally believe that we chose a human life with human limitations and things to overcome because as eternal beings you don't have these things. We co created this setting we are in because of the individual experiences. I also think that the whole of creation is so to say behind your shoulder experiencing your life with you because I don't think they would want to miss out on it as personal experience cannot be conveyed truly without experiencing it.

They however only watch it while we have like one foot in this reality while the rest of our soul stays at the "source".

If we were fully aware of all this it would alter the experience though and that is why we aren't.
>>
You ask why we have fallen down to this gross material world?

Because our parents were too guilible in their original (animalistic?) state and listened to the lizard's temptation. To know between good and bad, this is why we are here.

This was ordained for us; the serpent in the garden just did what it was assigned to do. Our final aim is to return to our home with what we've learned on this Earth, so we can consciously experience the "heavenly" anti-material state.

Or, you can (mis)take todays Materialism as (your) God. It's explanations and viewpoints of existence are known to you, I assume.
>>
Ur here to judge lol
>>
>>18245908
But pussy is just too tempting, how can we possibly overcome?, especially when they broadcast impossibly beautiful women onto our eyeballs 24/7. There is no sanctuary, no relief, no salvation.
>>
>>18245920
And if u dont know how to judge take a break lol
>>
>>18245923
the relief is ur hand lol
>>
>>18245908 (Me)
I personally think there is something to what is told to us in the scriptures and therefore I tend to lean towards the former, but it also gives rise to the question: Why was the tempter in a place of bliss in the first place, and who was it?
>>
>>18245908
the serpant sheds its skin for growth societies countries communities shed to encourage growth of their own ideas and culture and stuff
i think that wat the serpant represents showing adam and eve good and bad good and bad as in do i fucks wit this or fuck this

just judge ur values n stuff n try live vby it and surround ppl that live it keep it real lol
>>
>>18245944
Prob How groups r made
>>
>>18245944
oh yea this is why we all divided too lol
>>
>>18245923
The division of flesh and spirit is a fabrication of the Christian church. You have to realize that we must live in balance with our physical and spiritual aspects of our human nature in this our life on Earth.

Also, if I might personally add: From all of what is going on behind the scenes against us humans, you settle for our natural and healthy sexual urges? No, what is or may be wrong with your standpoint on Sex is your objectification of your partner to sex doll status, and your reduction of the act as a mere generator for hormones (that tell your brain to be happy) contrary as it should be; an act of mutual love (including the hormone part).

If you practice sodomy, it is surely not the worst of all sins, but you still cross a line by doing it. A blowjob degrades the woman to a submissive slut, cunnilingus makes you a faggot. For my part, I think it could be more respectable act in the 69 position, as it is no more puts the two in roles (of de- and upgrading).

>especially when they broadcast impossibly beautiful women onto our eyeballs 24/7
The "they" you are referring to in this matter, who are they? Managers and writers of broadcasting corporations. And what are corporations after? Amongst other, profit. Sex sells. I doubt that they are commissioned by the devils themselves, I think this is just how they work. Very subtly, behind the scenes. And we fall for it.
>>
>>18245016
>Because you chose this manifestation.
How the fuck could you've chosen it when you dont even remember it?
>>
>>18243632
earth is a place given to man by god to rule over

heaven is the place we will be judged and earth is the place we rule

god is going to fix earth back to how it was originally back when adam and eve were made but he will also build new a New Jerusalem for us to live in
>>
>>18246226
>and earth is the place we rule
Pffthahaha

>god is going to fix earth
Adorable wishful thinking fellow human, but you will be shocked how Hell will eventually and gradually manifest itself.

Because you didn't obey.
>>
>>18243632
>Why are we even on earth?
Because we wanted to. We were curious about darkness and wanted to experience it. You can at anytime go back to light, just as easily as taking a breath.
>>
>>18243632
>What was the point of descending to Earth?
To do our Father's will. I feel sorry for the lost.
>>
>>18248902
Shut the fuck up, seriously
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.