[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could ghost sightings have a scientific explanation? Could they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1474402490840.jpg (106KB, 564x560px) Image search: [Google]
1474402490840.jpg
106KB, 564x560px
Could ghost sightings have a scientific explanation? Could they be something along the lines of a window into the past or a parallel universe rather than spirits of the dead?
>>
>>18241206
I don't really believe in ghosts in the typical sense. But my insight may help you. I think ghosts are little more than invisible parrots. Maybe they are just a 4th dimensional creature that can intrude on us, and people who claim to see ghosts who resemble dead relatives or follow actions of the deceased simply connect two unconnected things. Perhaps the reason ghosts are always seen when no one else is around and never captured on video (that I know of) is because they are just antisocial creature. Or perhaps they just becone slightly opaque in the moonlight.
>>
>>18241381
The reason I call them parrots is maybe they like parrots see something and mimic it. But I think the more resounding problem is people who connect things with no connection. Like when people see faces on Mars or toast
>>
>>18241206
ionized anomalies creating electrostatic interference.
or swamp gas
>>
>>18241206
>window into the past or a parallel universe
Somehow I find that a little more clumsy and convoluted a theory than the scientifically unfounded but far more simple concept of a residual conscious imprint through some means we're not aware of but interact with psychologically. Ergo a traumatic life or death might inadvertently fire off enough strong signals.
>>
>>18241206
I heard a theory to that effect. Something to do with the magnetic field of the person being imprinted on the magnetic field of the earth similar to the magnetic strip on a vhs tape or something. And when the conditions are similar it plays it back like a recording
>>
>>18241473
but what about the clothes?
why it works with people why not with animals (I guess not) or objects?
how can they produce sounds?
>>
I'd rule out alternative universes since those tend to manifest themselves via fantastic visions.
>>
>>18241206
>scientific explanation
yeah, its called schizophrenia
>>
>>18242108
That's your scientific explanation for everything.

"Particles aren't *really* neither a wave, nor a particle, yet both. Reality's just schizophrenic." Mhmm.
>>
>>18241912
No clue. I'm not an expert or anything. Just something I read that kinda seemed to make enough sense to me to explain it.
>>
>>18241206
are ghosts just a fluctuating quantum state that once measured collapses?
>>
>>18242546
Im only a first year physics student but i know enough about quantum mechanics to say "no"
>>
>>18241206
they're probably just in their own reality and to them you appear as the ghost.
>>
>>18242108
Not even that. General mindfuckery and mild halucinations can happen to perfectly sane people
>>
>>18242575
This. That's the scientific explanation, what OP's suggesting about parallel universes and wormholes to the past is more along the lines of "pseudo-science".

If we can get him to bring up ESP, reiki, and "quantum" anything, I'll have Bingo.
>>
>>18241206
Yes, but not a window into the past. Most likely a window giving off a reflection, or trick of the light.
>>
File: 1476053462603.jpg (34KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
1476053462603.jpg
34KB, 256x255px
>>18241206
I think they're higher beings, with a higher vibration.
>>
>>18242759
Ey why do they call em Loa?

bc they loa beings, with a loa vibrational frequency, inhabiting a loa plane of existence
>>
Nobody has ever produced any scientifically sound evidence of any ghost related thing. Nothing. So you can't apply the scientific method to anything about ghosts. There can't be ghost science yet. Probably never. Not until one leaves a ghostly shoe behind for us to fiddle with.
>>
File: ludex.png (497KB, 815x593px) Image search: [Google]
ludex.png
497KB, 815x593px
>>18242784
>>
>>18241206
It's a mixture of a lot of things.
You guys are always trying to make a simple explanation for something that can't be explained.
My theory: a mixture between collective unconscious images/sounds, imprints from the past in the magnetic field, beings from other dimensions mimiting, spirits of the dead, spirits of all kind.

There are portals and places where they are more prone to manifest. And the human mind helps to create those portals by collective fears, memories, etc.

It's only the tip of the iceberg. Very complicated stuff.
>>
>>18242826
>a simple explanation for something that can't be explained
Of course! Because that is the logical thing to do. I'd rather make one assumption, than a dozen
>>
>>18241206
no, people just like to tell stories for either attention or entertainment
>spooky ghosties are all made up, little billy
>>
>>18242759

nice ahegao
>>
>>18241381
I'm with the 4th dimensional being thing too.
Ghosts are always portrayed as being shadows, or translucent... They're more than just that, obviously... But Humans can't perceive the 4th dimension, so that's all we see.
Maybe they're not supposed to be seen, so we when see a "ghost", we get scared, or freak out, therefor tipping the ghost off that it's been seen, so it quickly disappears before it can be documented, or examined, Therefor we're left with no proof of the encounter. Who knows
>>
>>18242108
Explain shared encounters?
>>
>>18242826
This. There are different types of experience of ghosts. Some are past events, usually ones which carried a strong emotional charge. And as anon says, place can be a factor.

Some are dead people who haven't left the astral/emotional body behind and 'gone on'.
>>
>>18241460
How does that explain paranormal experiences from say, a death in a home a new resident has no awareness of? Hoaxes?
>>
>>18241912
Maybe we can tune better our own species.
Anyway, here's a book you must read:
Ghost and Ghoul by T. C. Lethbridge
https://a.pomf.cat/minnff.pdf
>>
>>18245934
Also:
Paranormal Experience and Survival of Death by Carl B. Becker
State University of New York Press, 1993.

https://a.pomf.cat/hxwjmx.pdf
>>
>>18241206
>a window into the past or a parallel universe
Not much more scientific than ghosts.
>>
Entities that have evolved to the point where they can adapt their biology into what we would call extrasensory realms..

Really, if they exist - they just exist on a different level of the same thing we do.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.