[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I transcend beyond my parent's failures at raising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: sigmund-freud-photo.jpg (52KB, 330x363px) Image search: [Google]
sigmund-freud-photo.jpg
52KB, 330x363px
How do I transcend beyond my parent's failures at raising children, /x/-style?
>>
File: 1442016823291.jpg (75KB, 540x748px) Image search: [Google]
1442016823291.jpg
75KB, 540x748px
>>18236831
Expensive boarding school, and ensure they get into a good college/university. They will likely end up successful as well as having a good chance at becoming a mason/thelemite. Downside being you will probably have no emotional connection to them beyond the age of 8.
>>
Don't breed them at all. Why would you bring someone into this thresher?
>>
>>18236839
I meant me not my seed

Way it's going now, I won't have kids if I don't reform the way I've been living the past 18 years
>>
>>18236831
knocking down the wall of mommy-daddy is extremly dangerous thing, which may - and often does - lead to collapse
>>
>>18236874
explain pls
>>
>>18236874
Wat?
>>
>>18236831
don't have any.
if you have a lapse in logical thinking at least prepare everything beforehand and have a kid when you plan to.
>>
I raised enough, shit I don't want to do anymore.
>>
>>18239016
I'm get a nice small dog n some fish.
>>
>>18236831
Become a wizard and have no kids.
I'm talking this from personal experience. 40 years, forever alone. Cut the evil by its roots, don't let it continue.
I'm a fucked, fucked up person. I don't want to subject children to even a hint of what I had to deal with.
>>
>>18239018
i couldn't imagen raising a kid for another 25 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dceu2HYLcqc
>>
>>18239022
I have the same perspective. I couldn't bear watching my kids go through it all so I have been diligent to not have any accidentally my whole life (I'm 34) My much younger brother was not so lucky, he got caught up in it early before he could grow wise enough to see the truth and so I have a niece now, which is causing me some distress, but luckily I don't have to see her very often and just make myself scarce at family functions.
>>
>>18239028
sure i will take 3 more for say 25 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y92NgQxg8BQ
>>
>>18236831
Vipassana meditation and beginner rituals like the daily lbrp, and yoga helps too. You parents failed, ok, still your life is yours and is your responsability where it goes. Understand that failure is always a chance, and parents are as humans as you.
>>
>>18239030
You might need to move to another state, Anon. The lack of contact with your niece prevented her to consider you a close relative. She will hit on you at puberty. Get the hell out.
This imprinting mechanism is well known in, say, China, where children of emperors were raised separately so that they would marry themselves with more ease, to conserve lineages.
You won't find much reference to this in English, because the subject clashes with our taboos. Anyone who tries to discuss this is shouted down by good members if our society.
My personal first hand contact with such a situation was with a female coworker, who divorced from her husband, a trucker. They have a daughter, and she didn't see her father much. Oedipus complex is written all over the girl, who's taller than her mother now, too much developed for her age (she made 13 days ago) and now under therapy. Each time she discusses with her father she reacts with the rage and despair of an abandoned woman, which she already is. Because of her father's job, she never had the close contact needed to see him as family, and not a man.
I hope this is not the trouble you are having with your niece. If so, it only will get worse. Get the hell out.
>>
>>18239074
The window for this family bond to develop is about up to five years of age. If there's still time, visit your niece a lot more, if not, uh, keep /b/ updated. Good luck Anon, and godspeed.
>>
>>18236874
Elaborate and tell us anyhow
>>
>>18236874
bumping until anon fucking answers
>>
Start off by realizing that parents are just people, and people are often fucked up.

Then accept that your parents were more fucked up than most.

Identify those behaviors in yourself which imitate or react to their fucked up-ness and you wish to be rid of.

Work on figuring out why you do those things, and do something about it.

Magic can help with all these if you've got experience with it. If you don't sorry but that gonna be some long and highly personal business that I can't give you a step by step on. I suggest looking into chaos magic and coming up with your own stuff.

A couple words of warning, first, it can be hard to analyze the roots even of good or liked behaviors, disliked ones are of course even harder. When you feel a strong, unpleasant emotion when examining yourself don't get worked up, don't try to fight or resist the feeling, don't tell yourself "No!" or "Not now!" Learn to calm down while feeling these emotions. Let them in so you can get to know them, which is the first step to doing something about them.

Secondly, even with magic, don't expect this to be an overnight thing. This is a method for growth more than a one time solution. It's a process that last a lifetime. This ends up being a positive thing, and you'll see that once you start making progress. This is the method that let's you live for yourself, based on what you want rather than outside influences. It's learning the difference between action and reaction.

Good luck, and don't forget to find help if you need it.
>>
Question. What would cause a child to actively avoid being seen with their mother at all times, in public when seeing kids from school and elsewhere? I also didn't ever have friends over because of her. And she's a anti-social self-isolator too, if that helps.
>>
>>18239436
Maybe you inherited her lack of social skills, I don't know. A therapist might be helpful.
>>
File: 1467788934188.jpg (355KB, 813x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1467788934188.jpg
355KB, 813x1205px
I'm sure you can imagine some perfectly justifiable excuses for violence if you try
>>
>>18236831
Get into politics.
Get put in charge of education.
Make every school like the one at the start of the Kurt Russell documentary 'Soldier'.
Profit?
>>
>>18239018
Enough about your order from the Korean takeaway, you fat mess.
>>
>>18236831
FOR FREUD, THE ACT OF BECOMING AN INDIVIDUAL (in lacanian terms, becoming a subject) IS, BY DEFINITION, TRAUMATIC. the best parenting results in a neurotic child. all parents fail, it is literally unavoidable.
>>
>>18236831
It's not about loving them it's about providing them opportunities
>>
>>18241083
Why is it traumatic? Please elaborate
>>
File: CGJung.jpg (3MB, 2604x3909px) Image search: [Google]
CGJung.jpg
3MB, 2604x3909px
>>18236831
Throw Freud in the trash and get Jung at heart, that's my advice to you Anon. His strange and wonderful Red Book (or Liber Novus, the name he gave it) details his own mystical exploration into and reconciliation of the inner demons that he and we all birth within ourselves, for one reason or another, since our earliest childhood.
>>
>>18236831
It's going to require self discipline one way or another.
You can blame others for the way you are and end up stewing in it, or you can accept your upbringing and try to work with what you have to improve your life.
You're a big kid now and it's time to start understanding that you're responsible for every action you take.
>>
>>18241623
This, Freud is degenerate trash tier.
>>
>>18241623
The red book is borderline incoherent to anyone who hasn't read everything else by jung

that's not a good place to start
>>
>>18241649
I think as long as someone has a decent grip on basic concepts like archetypes and dream interpretation, they can learn plenty from the book.
>>
>>18236831
I have another suggestion, OP. A short book originally written as a thesis study, then revised to be sold in stores called Prometheus Rising, by Robert Anton Wilson.

It's essentially a discourse on and exploration of the 8-circuit model of human consciousness, originally conceived by Timothy Leary, plus with some rather interesting interactive "try-this-at-home" bits.
>>
>>18236831
You don't. Every parent will "fail" at "raising" children, because the only way to "succeed" would be to provide for all your child's needs, which is impossible to do. Even if you provide all material needs, there are existential crises that are endemic to the growing self-awareness of a sentient being that no human being can (or should) prevent.

All you can do as a parent is strive tirelessly to avoid having any expectations of your child, and just let them grow, learn, and explore. Provide your life as an example of experience, and then let them create themselves.
>>
>>18236831
>/x/-style
Create a nanny tulpa who can help you, then contact the demiurge for guidance. When your kid hits puberty summon him a succubus to teach him about sex.
Just keep him away from the energy vampires and he'll be fine.
>>
>>18236831
You can try to save them from your parents but you can't save them from yourself.

Parenting is a learning experience anyway. It's not suppose to be easy and nobody comes out it without getting hurt in some way. It's like any relationship you have with people you care about.

Trying to apply some baseless ideology on them will just make them miserable. The best way to parent is just really to approach it with love. It's not going to be easy and it's going to stomp your ego but that's part of it.

Let the idea of raising them perfect go. It's just a recipe for disaster. Humans are not perfect. You can, however, teach them to live honest and authentic lives. But that's only if you can be that authentic with yourself.
>>
don't have kids life is miserable
>>
File: 1328936805692.png (114KB, 673x301px) Image search: [Google]
1328936805692.png
114KB, 673x301px
>>18236831
here's one method

or you could just teach them that different religions teach different things and let them choose for themselves

>>18236839
this might work too
>>
ITT: 50% of people interpret the OP one way and 50% interpret another way, neither of whom read the thread
>>
>>18239043
Not OP, but I wish I knew you in real life. Grab coffee or something because this speaks to how I feel. As a new parent, I've grown to despise my parents a lot. Feel bitter towards them not doing certain things when I was a child. I'm going to try your appraoch
>>
Do a heroic dose of salvia to shatter yourself and then slowly put yourself back together to learn what makes you you and ask yourself why you blame your parents for all your shortcomings. Meditate and constantly ask why. Like another anon said you'll have a voice get angry and emotional when you examine yourself but don't let them win- it's painful but necessary to change. Takes years. And it doesn't stop.

I had a phase where I blamed the way my parents raised me for years but then I realized they did their best with me, and it's all my own doing. I'm the shitty person. I let myself become this way. Blaming the people who gave me life got me nowhere and only held progress back.
>>
>>18236831
Dose 'em with mercury and LSD and educate them on the Satanic Illuminati Jew Matrix.
>>
>>18236831
Send them to live with David Icke and/or Drunvalo Melchizedek.
>>
I won't read the thread because the little I've read, it was all too stupid.

The real answer is you go see a psychanalyst and tell him about that. See where it goes. That's it.

Don't believe what you read on the internet about Freud, Jung, Lacan, about the nature of the psyche and so on. There are a bunch of traps in the way and you won't understand it on a single sit. In fact, you don't need to understand it, you need to go see an analyst and tell him what is bother you. The analyst only asks you to to talk.
>>
drink dog blood
>>
>>18242699
eww. really, you would think about sending kids to these two nutbags? i feel sorry for you that you hold them in such regard.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.