[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can something like universe have always existed? Like fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 15

File: XAoTYt7.gif (4MB, 469x359px) Image search: [Google]
XAoTYt7.gif
4MB, 469x359px
How can something like universe have always existed? Like fucking always No beginning alwaysssss
And even worse if its had a beginning how the fuck did something that didnt exist create existance, from nothing. How can non-existance create itself into existance
And what if god created out universe were did god beginning begin? always or gods god cerated god? But how did gods-gods-gods-gods-gods created from all the way from beginning? This reality is fucked up somethig that have always existed or being created when nothing existed is equal fucked up and none of it should be real, but either first or the other is the only answer to why we are here right now. And why the fuck are we humans even asking these fucking questions like we are supposed to ask otherwise we wouldnt ask it?
>>
>>18235774

Would nothingness make sense? What is nothing?

It is proven that the concept of nothing is unstable in maths.
>>
The more likely scenario right now is some variation of multiverse. Something has always existed, but not as it exists right now.
>>
File: 2YLsNVf.jpg (594KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
2YLsNVf.jpg
594KB, 1280x540px
>>18235774
>>18235778
>There are infinite universes of absolute nothingness
>We lucked out into one of the universes with abundance
>>
>>18235774
picture a balloon full of water, with its surface covered in other empty balloons melted to it. now, suppose there is a rock in the balloon full of water[and just figure that theres a hose or some source refilling the balloon if it should lessen] and you shake around the main balloon, little holes show up, and all the other balloons begin to fill, and when those balloons invent quantum computers, they get covered in other balloons and get their own rock.

or... something.
>>
>>18235784
>>There are infinite universes of absolute nothingness

No its not infinite universes of nothing, its not even 1
Being nothing means it dont exist
>>
>>18235784
>>18235778
according to one of those buddha guys, nothingness is all there is.
>>
>>18235792
>This box is empty
>No anon, if the box is empty, there is no box! The box itself doesn't exist now

That's how you sound.
>>
>>18235792
well, in programming:
if i have a list of three string variables that are all EMPTY/""/null,
do i have no strings? or do i have three empty strings.
i believe an empty universe is required for there to eventually be something.
>>
>>18235791

But were did the first ballon come from? Balloons can't have ''no beginning''
>>
>>18235795

Empty space still exist because empty space is dark matter
>>
>>18235802
from a box, stupid.
>>
>>18235774
You're looking at it wrong. Time isn't some absolute, transcendental thing, it's a property of the universe as is space. No universe, no space-time. In the equations describing the Big Bang when you go back far enough time simply disappears.

Causation is step-wise, which requires time. A cause in one moment and an effect the next. Nothing caused the universe because there was no cause to be. There was nothing before the universe, not even nothing, not a void, no before. There was being and the beginning of being - the start of the universe.
>>
>>18235807

BUT WHO MADE THE BOX?
>>
>>18235808
From a certain point of view "something has always existed" is true, but this doesn't mean an infinite regression, because there was a beginning of always.
>>
>>18235816
http://mgsbox.ytmnd.com/
>>
>>18235808

Then were did the first matter come from? I rock just popped up into existance because nothing doesnt exist or therefore a rock must exist
>>
A good way to understand it is like this:
A 2 dimentional spider can only crawl up, down, left, right on a sheet of paper (2D dimention). If something is in its way, it had to crawl around it, always staying flat on that 2D piece of paper.it can never crawl out of the paper, even 0.00000001 nano meters above or under the obstruction to go around it.
It will never conceive the possibility of using 3d paths (above and below, as opposed to simply up down left right).
That is why we can't conceive 4D objects like the infinity of the universe (how can something have always existed, no beggining nor end), creating something out of nothing, etc.
Its simple 4D stuff our minds can't comprehend
>>
>>18235820
We don't know yet because quantum mechanics and general relativity haven't been unified, and at the exact beginning is precisely where the scales they involve would meet (extremely small and dense so as to warp space-time.) For this same reason we don't understand black hole singularities yet either.

This is one of the reasons why physicists run experiments such as those at the Large Hadron Collider.
>>
Why don't you just wake up anons.
The universe is a simulation, everything is vibration, UFO are real, if we had the tech to make an emulated universe where they can't tell it's emulated then it's probably been done before.
>>
>>18235825
>infinity of the universe

Infinities in physics means you fucked up somewhere. Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>18235833
then physics isnt any fun.
>>18235832
but we cant, not even close.
>>
>>18235774
0=/=1
it never has. its always been
0=0
>>
File: 337826a1419935382-big.gif (403KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
337826a1419935382-big.gif
403KB, 380x380px
>>18235774
It didn't need to start, and it won't end. It's fine to ask those questions. The time frame that the divine operate on is eternity, all possible circumstances and outcomes. Regardless, these things are a bit above our pay grade to be worried about.
>>
>>18235818
Not clicking that shit nigga
>>
>>18235833
>Infinities in physics means you fucked up somewhere

Soo.. what are numbers? I mean, they are infinite in both sides
>>
The nature of existence is to exist. The nature of non-existence is to not exist.
>>
I don't know but I sure hope someone smart enough comes along in my lifetime that can explain all this shit to us.
>>
>>18235842
Flat earth shrill detected, we are in fact in a simulation, that's why we have the Mandela effect , Deja Vu , precogs in general. There's a reason we only see one side of the moon. The simulation is projected yet the idea is rejected.
>>
>>18235774
because any basis of "time" is far below the creator, and since the creator is everything and nothing can exist outside of it, it can't have come from "nothingness"
>>
>>18236600
It's all density and vibration bro, those your vibration and your reality will shift by 47 degrees on the 47th of the hour
>>
>>18236600
You can bring an ass to water, but you can't make him drink.

Understanding it takes some fucking effort, it can't be spoon-fed into you via some easy-to-digest Youtube video. Fucking learn it.

Absolute millennial faggotry.
>>
>>18236676
Surely there is someone out there who is smart enough to get an ass to drink water, but it's not me so why waste my time? I'll wait for him to explain things to me.
>>
>>18235774
What if this universe exists as a realm no different than a digital world created by a programmer ? Does the programmer need to have existed within his created world in order for the world to have been created? Can the individuals within the digital world fathom what existence is outside their world with any certainty?
>>
>>18236718
It would be easier to see a Camel walk through the eye of a needle.
We're not helping you. Dick.
>>
>>18235774
>How can something like universe have always existed?
Because the universe in the sense that you are thinking isn't actually anything but rather an endless vacuum, literally nothing.
As for matter and the physical universe it didn't always exist it came into existence with the big bang, before that who knows.
>>
>>18236718
That's marketing's job, I'm in engineering.
>>
>>18235774
God doesn't need a creater for he is God.
>>
>>18236732
Again, I'm sure there is someone that can easily walk a camel through the eye of a needle. I'll wait for that guy to teach me rather than learn it myself thank-you very much.
>>
>>18236676
If you can't explain it, then you don't understand it yourself.
>>
>>18235778
Even if humans were non-existent there would still be observers in the form of animals.
>>
>>18236601
>Flat earth shrill detected, we are in fact in a simulation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U
>>
>>18235774
Some people say if you took an average of everything in the universe it would equal nothing. Everything has an equal opposite.
>>
>>18236587
Thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>18235774
From your perspective of a finite being there must to be a beginning and an end.
Anyhow, we lack the means to perceive some objects and events.
Deal with it.
>>
>>18236534
Numbers are a language, you can make them say anything you want.
>>
>>18236752

Then why don't you design a straw for my ass then, HUH?!
>>
>>18235784
I just wanna say nice pic

>venator is best star destroyer
>>
>>18236534
The set of all natural numbers or other infinite sets do not exist physically.

For example I could count atoms, and run out of atoms in the entire universe before reaching infinity, because it is impossible to count to infinity. It is an abstract concept.
>>
>>18235774

The universe isn't constrained by the idea of beginning and ending.

It is both and neither, simultaneously.

Think of it as a torus bending in on itself.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (10KB, 142x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
10KB, 142x225px
>>18237936
I'm thinking of you bending in on yourself.
>>
File: image.png (890KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
890KB, 750x1334px
>>18236827
does there have to be observers for it to exist?
>>
>>18235798
It's like binary.... It's either on or it's off. Quantitative reality exists between the 1's and 0's. This kind of thinking always leads to something paradoxical. The constructs of human expression are bound by the unknown and the knowing that we will never know how much we actually don't know. To try and understand this universe you would have to witness it function on the smallest level.... And the more we continue to focus in the microscope... Boom!!! Another bit of empty space full of a universe it's own.
It is like sand between my fingers... The more I squeeze the faster it pours. It will never be explained through our primitive languages.
>>
>>18235774
Why is it not having a beginning so weird to you, when it having a beginning is also weird to you?
>>
>>18238085
See... It's paradoxical. Even in the instance that something is understood... It could not be explained within the constructs of all our known languages.
>>
>>18236508
>not recognizing ytmnd
>>
>>18238109
It's OK that won't matter, words don't matter. Think about that.

It won't matter in the end.
>>
>>18238109
Yeah, truely imagining nothingness and infinity is equally impossible I guess.
I think it is something, that just needs to be accepted as something abstract. At least we can desribe it mathematically
>>
As a Christian, god didn't make humans intelligent, it was the devil that gave us the power of knowledge, we weren't supposed to be this way.
Let's just say you hurt god by making those questions
>>
File: cb.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>18238141
You are right, in the end, it doesn't even matter
>>
>>18238109
In theory this thread is meaningless... But sometimes you have to witness the borders of language to realize that 'meaningless' would imply that it had meaning or the word MEANINGless would not exist.
If this thread where pinned it should read as follows:
A big bunch of nothing that you have to see for yourself!!!
>>
>>18238173

>A big bunch of nothing that you have to see for yourself!!!

An excellent synopsis of the universe as a whole.
>>
>>18238176
I would have to agree
>>
>>18238185
Some part of me never lets this die....
I heard an Alan Watts lecture where he described Buddhist monks using paradoxes too reach enlightenment. It makes you ponder upon the concept of enlightenment itself.
Are we all now ENLIGHTENED!! Lol
I would like to think so..
>>
>>18238159
What is matter?
>>
>>18235774
Time and space are subject to this dimension and density, what we call the photon or light birthed this universe, the logos that created this universe has a creator, infinite intelligence. You seek the law of one, love and light brother.
>>
>>18235820
All is variations of light and vibration of said light, of course also a fractal part of the logos that created this universe, which intern carries a fraction of the ONE TRUE INFINITE CREATOR ADONAI.
>>
>>18235833
Our current model of physics is flawed faggot, love and light.
>>
>>18236144
Though eventually we will all graduate thru proper steps channels and lesson and return to source as this is the nature of the illusion we call this reality.
>>
>>18236600
You seek the law of one brother.
>>
>>18235774
That argument only works on materialist atheists.

Theists have the answer worked out, God always existed. He is immaterial and eternal.
All that is, is made manifest through him, and all that is not, is Him. He was, therefore, not created. God exists separate from space time.

It doesn't really make much sense for matter and energy to have always existed. You can't infinitely reduce something in physics, there has to be a start point for matter and energy.
However, to suggest that matter and energy simply came into existence from their own volition is equally stupid. Mathematics cannot cause anything, they are simply systems of measurement and observation.
>>
>>18238062
Good summary friendo, our current sound vibratory rate has not the proper verbage to fully explain, in time tho we shall all know, all is one, only identity seperates us.
>>
>>18238269
What is God? Could we not in theory become 'God' ourselves? God is a slot of compartmentalized unknown. It sounds and looks different in all languages but it is still the same slot of understand... Or not understanding... It is simply the unknown that shapes what we actually know.
>>
File: 1473850727651.jpg (600KB, 700x6826px) Image search: [Google]
1473850727651.jpg
600KB, 700x6826px
This image should help you understand what is at the beginning of the chain OP.
>>
All you numbskulls saying nothing is something: No, nothing is NO THING. It is not any thing which we can define. True nothing, that is. If you think it's a vacuum, you're wrong. If you think it's darkness, you're wrong. If you think it's a void, you're wrong. All of those things have a definition. You cannot define nothing as in a thing that exists, because it is literally not a thing that exists. Its in the word itself. Any possible way you can conceive of to describe it is wrong, bc simply by describing it you've assigned an attribute. And nothing has no possible attributes, because it is no thing.
>>
>>18238307
God is simply immaterial, eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, immutable and perfect.

We are like God, in that we are made manifest through him, however, we are based in reality and bound to certain things that don't allow us to fully realise our potential yet.

I would argue that all of the immaterial aspects of us, are that which is like God. Our sense of morals, beauty, our identity, essentially all that makes up our consciousness, the mind and the brain are two different things.

I think this is simply an experience, and exercise in creation and learning.
I think we have been placed in darkness so that we can create light, the ultimate form of creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU0PYcCsL6o
>>
>>18238269
>Theists have the answer worked out, God always existed. He is immaterial and eternal.
no they don't and no he isn't

>All that is, is made manifest through him, and all that is not, is Him. He was, therefore, not created. God exists separate from space time.
nope

>It doesn't really make much sense for matter and energy to have always existed.
yes it does

>You can't infinitely reduce something in physics, there has to be a start point for matter and energy.
time and energy were created in the big bang, before time causality was meaningless

>However, to suggest that matter and energy simply came into existence from their own volition is equally stupid.
as opposed to a character out of bronze age mythology creating the universe?

>Mathematics cannot cause anything, they are simply systems of measurement and observation.
nobody credible has ever said anything like that
>>
>>18238340
But you are already describing nothing as nothing
>>
>>18238288
This whole thread just gives me flashbacks... I never took the time to try and understand everything before certain substances found their way into my system. I think spirituality somehow falls into how to actually make sense of it all. If only the other half of the world could pull their heads out of their asses they might notice the lovely display of lights that our universe beams at us every day. Culture is swallowing our abilty to understand... Sucking it up with artificial light and polluting consciousness.
>>
>>18238343
Here is where chirstians divide, if you actually think god is a long white bearded man, you are stupid
>>
>>18238340
I think its a completely incomprehensible concept.
Most people, as you rightly point out, can't even begin to understand the basics of "nothingness".
A lot of people say "its like before you are born" but that makes no sense. Again, if we can describe it or liken it to anything, then it exists as a concept.
Even the mathematical concept of "zero" doesn't fully do it justice because, again, Zero is a concept, it is something that exists.

And even if we take Zero to represent "nothing" at what point will it turn into a "one"? With no intelligent mind interacting with it, it will always remain as a zero.
>>
>>18238356
I'm not a christian
>as opposed to a character out of bronze age mythology creating the universe?

the argument is me saying "no they aren't" to things that they haven't proven, because it forces them to actually argue for those points

IE:

>It doesn't really make much sense for matter and energy to have always existed.
yes it does

what was presented is just an argument from personal incredulity, so I responded in kind
>>
>>18238343
Great "NO U" answers there. Have you tried constructing an actual argument?

Also, is John Lennox, Professor of Mathematics credible enough for you?

Your stuck in the mentality that God is a bearded man in the clouds, as you clearly showed by your use of the term "character". Religion and theism are separate things.
Why would an entity who created the whole known universe look specifically like us or be bound to human logic and beliefs?
>>
>>18238376
>>18238369
>>
>>18238369
It doesn't make sense though.
There has to be a beginning for matter and energy, infinite reduction is a fallacy. It only makes sense for an immaterial being.
Its not my personal opinion or incredulity, its accepted scientific fact.
>>
>>18238351
The procession of the equinoxes is upon us, our very dna will be reformatted, it isnt a choice its the nature of inteligent deaign's spiritual evolutionary path, sit back and enjoy brother, may the light and love always be with you.
>>
>>18238369
I didn't even mention that you were christian, im telling you, there are christians that take the bible literally, and other who take the bible the philosofical way. It's stupid to think we derived from Adam and Eve, and selfish to think God is human-like. There are proofs the bible was miss translated
>>
>>18238360
Is consciousness infinite or is it a concept that falls within the fringes of our own hardware. Individualism isn't downloaded from some "cloud" It is shaped through experience... So when we die.... Then what? Isn't that really the million dollar question for most theologians?
>>
>>18238393
it's not an infinite reduction, it's pointing out that it's impossible for humans to know what happened before the big bang because time didn't exist before the big bang, science examines causality and the natural world.

this means that you as well have no fucking idea what happened before the big bang and that your guesses about god are as good as mine.

give me a reason why spurdo didn't create the universe instead of whatever god you believe in.

also, in quantum mechanics things frequently pop in and out of existence, meaning that things don't necessarily need to have a beginning
>>
>>18238395
I never mentioned that god was a bearded man in the sky. next time don't respond to my posts with nonsense
>>
>>18238408
>as opposed to a character out of bronze age mythology
Which character were you referring then?
>>
>>18238347

All I have done is say what it is not. The term itself is a placeholder for what cannot be aptly defined.

>>18238360 gets it. Cheers mate.
>>
>>18238396
Consciousness must be eternal also, it is immaterial and it exists outside of space time.
It therefore cannot have a beginning or an end, it simply is.

In that way it is divine, it is simply a single part of the entire Godhead.

We are all one and the same, separate but whole, individual but many. One means the singular and one means togetherness.

In the same way that a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing, our individual consciousness is something that the whole universe is doing.

If you think long enough about what it is like to go to sleep and never wake up, you will eventually be brought to a much more pertinent question. What was it like to wake up, without ever having gone to sleep?

Alan Watts is great reading for all of this kind of philosophy.
>>
>>18238414
I'm saying that the christian god is a character out of bronze age mythology, you can interpret the mythology in whatever way you want, but in the end that's all he is.
>>
>>18238402
Because spurdo holds potential beyond creation and creation alone.
In understand that the unmoved mover argument is almost circular in its logic, but it has to be, that is the very nature of the argument and the concept that the argument is trying to explain.

I don't claim to know though, I just believe.
In the same way though, our sense are deceptive, science is inherently unverifiable.
Why would I choose to believe in something as boring and disgusting as material atheism?

If the only logical answer is true agnosticism, to form no beliefs whatsoever, then what is the point? Why bother?
>>
>>18238421
Whose talking about Christianity though?
In any case the whole "all these different religions, which one is right?" thing is bullshit.
There are many correlations between most religions. I'm sure none of them are entirely correct but even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
>>
>>18238421
It's okay to be an atheist, you have all my respect from being one. But people need something to look forward to survive, many people died because of religion, but many other might have been saved too. If there wasn't any religion, it would probably be a suicide fest. For myself, i doubt i would be living a normal life if i didn't believe in god, i would probably be doing whatever i wanted, like raping and robbing, but that's where morals come in.
>>
>>18237650
I have to try this now.
>>
>>18238421
I always attributed "God" to some sort of synesthesia. It is an area of our not understanding that we assign an image to our minds fueled by our subconscious understanding of ego to give a sense of supreme individually. Our hierarchical minds meld it into a concept with a face.... The fringes of language and vision blurring the synaptic pathways in your brain.
>>
>>18238464
Having said all of this... What kind of drugs was Jung doing? Cocaine didn't do very well on the Freudian end of the spectrum
>>
>>18238448
I think that's what it boils down too.
Of course atheists can know good morals and have passions and goals in life.
But why do they?
What is the underlying, fundamental reason for an atheist to get out of bed, or to not kill and take what he likes?
Biological drives? Won't hold up in an intelligent being.
To keep yourself in comfort? Nothing but cowardice and laziness.

When you get to the bottom of it, without reason, morals are simply arbitrary rules.
Love is no better than rape.
Death is no better than life.

And its clear from how unbelievable nihilistic and hedonistic society has become since the decline of religion.
>>
File: rebend.png (13KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
rebend.png
13KB, 528x404px
>>18238437
>spurdo holds potential beyond creation
what

>
In understand that the unmoved mover argument is almost circular in its logic, but it has to be, that is the very nature of the argument and the concept that the argument is trying to explain.
That's what's called special pleading

>I don't claim to know though, I just believe.
and I believe spurdo made the universe.

>In the same way though, our sense are deceptive, science is inherently unverifiable.
your standard for evidence has gone up from your feelings, to no amount of evidence. at least try to be consistent.

>Why would I choose to believe in something as boring and disgusting as material atheism?
you decide that, not me

>If the only logical answer is true agnosticism, to form no beliefs whatsoever, then what is the point? Why bother?
agnosticism is a position on knowing, not belief.
ex: I do not believe there is a god, but I do not know there is no god.

>I always attributed "God" to some sort of synesthesia. It is an area of our not understanding that we assign an image to our minds fueled by our subconscious understanding of ego to give a sense of supreme individually. Our hierarchical minds meld it into a concept with a face.... The fringes of language and vision blurring the synaptic pathways in your brain.
repend hetden xddd
see the dru fabse ob gob
>>
>>18238481
What is your problem exactly? If someone says they don't claim to know but they believe, how can you fault them. Its their personal choice, if you want to believe in spurdo then feel free, I'm not judging you.
>>
>>18238476
I think we just outgrew our old religion and we are desperately looking for another way to make sense of it all. Borders dissolve everyday... We have to figure out how to save ourselves from our own existence.
>>
File: Ididntmeaneveryone.jpg (202KB, 1112x1093px) Image search: [Google]
Ididntmeaneveryone.jpg
202KB, 1112x1093px
>>18238476
>Of course atheists can know good morals and have passions and goals in life.
But why do they?
because we evolved to behave within social units, and the morals that we have better our survival.

>Biological drives? Won't hold up in an intelligent being.
presumably this person never feels hungry

>When you get to the bottom of it, without reason, morals are simply arbitrary rules.
pic related
>>
>>18238498
Kind of sad but its a necessary part of our collective growth I guess. That's why I never try to pigeon hole myself into a particular religion.
>>
>>18235778
0=n/infinity
So
Infinity=n/0
So
Infinity=0/0

If there is something, you need an infinite force to create nothing.
If there is nothing, something will arise.
>>
>>18238494
You have your right to believe in stupid things, I have my right to make fun of you for believing in stupid things.
>>
>>18238501
Why do you go the supermarket to buy meat instead of killing the animal?
Why do you spend your money on meat when you could steal it from the supermarket?
>>
>>18238501
Your saying no one has ever intentionally starved themselves?

Also, better is subjective is it not?
Why is it better to be alive, rather than dead?
>>
>>18238501
Morality should be based in what is best for the progression of humanity. Clearly there is one of infinite possibilities that we strive indefinitely
>>
>>18238506
Equally I have every right to make fun of you for believing in nothing.
What a waste of life.
>>
>>18238509
because my other biological drives of thriftiness and resource acquisition have informed me that the factory farms produce meat in much larger quantities and thus for much less energy expenditure than going out with my gun and killing animals that probably won't even taste as good.

>>18238512
>Morality should be based in what is best for the progression of humanity. Clearly there is one of infinite possibilities that we strive indefinitely
comrade stalin says that we must kill the kulaks for the progression of humanity, praise marx

>>18238518
apparently not believing in lies is wasting my life, who knew.
>>
>>18238510
Now that's the million dollar question! Maybe we have to witness existence to realize that existence will be just fine without us.... So why do we not throw ourselves off a cliff via mass suicide?
>>
>>18238521
You are being selfish by saying his beliefs are lies. You don't truly know what's on the other side. Your guess on the afterlife is as good as his, you are not superior to him
>>
File: anakin1.jpg (243KB, 1024x622px) Image search: [Google]
anakin1.jpg
243KB, 1024x622px
>>18235817
From my point of view the universe is evil.
>>
>>18238521
If you believe in nothing you will fall for anything.
>>
>>18238534
This is anther problem with atheists, they think they can call other peoples beliefs a lie or a delusion without realising that they are therefore making a claim to knowledge themselves.
>>
>>18238526
I think it is in our programming to spread life as far into the deep nothingness as possible.
>>
>>18238538
And vice-versa
>>
>>18238510
the people who starve themselves to death are usually doing it to gain honor or status, things that would potentially help their capability to produce offspring in the wild. the mechanism obviously isn't perfect because it wasn't designed for a situation in which starving yourself will gain you honor/respect, but such is the way these things work.

>>18238534
I believe his beliefs are lies, on good evidence, mind you. It's not like I said you couldn't make fun of me.

>>18238538
no that means you won't fall for anything because you won't believe in any lies anyone has told you, you're effectively useless as a pawn in somebody else's schemes if you won't follow them.
>>
>>18238552
Care to give me the evidence?
>>
>>18238549
fair point but no one is claiming to believe anything and everything. I base my beliefs on what seems true to me and for that reason I would gladly die to uphold them, in fact it would be an honour.
>>
>>18238552
> I BELIEVE

Glad you said it yourself faggot.
>>
>>18238315
Too bad next to no one acts like God is a base fundamental force instead of the angry sky daddy we all know and have to love.
>>
>>18238560
Plenty of people do. I do.
Just because some idiots bring theism down by association doesn't mean its definitely incorrect.
>>
>>18238560
Buddy see
>>18238395
>>18238356
>>
>>18238560
Not often in the Western world, but its a massive part of certain philosophies.
>>
>>18238545
They are only making a claim that they lack knowledge, m8. That's not nearly the same as specifying they know a certain way is right. Unless they're a gnostic atheist of course, but let's leave those fedoralords out of this.
>>
>>18238552
You have absolutely no idea why anyone does anything. I thought you were free from holding beliefs or making claims?
>>
>>18238580
That's not the point, saying "God is a delusion" is a claim to knowledge, plain and simple.
Everybody believes something.
An atheist may not believe in god but he still holds beliefs. The onus is just as much on them as anyone else.
>>
>>18238556
moral feelings associated with respect of authorities and regulating social behavior would be the job of the amygdala and the prefrontal cortex.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22230628
it's also an evolved module of the brain
so yes respect is for authorities, traditions, and customs are evolved things.

>>18238558
never claimed otherwise, but I also said I have good reason to believe these things.

>>18238582
>You have absolutely no idea why anyone does anything.
I disagree

>>18238586
the claim of knowing things is on theists, whenever I say things like "god is a delusion" it's always draped within philosophical truths like the inability to know things for absolutely certain.
>>
da world is built on concepts all concepts need other concepts 2 exist the world is a illusion lol
>>
>>18238586
So God is basically the program that sorts what we believe into truth?
>>
>>18238592
So you show me how the brain works and you expect me to take this as evidence?
>>
ur mum is a concept u r a concept
>>
>>18238602
the brain has modules to do things like respect authorities and traditions

the brain is an evolved organism
therefore respect for traditions and authorities is also either evolved or part of an evolved process
>>
da fact we can make concepts in our head analogy and stuff and the world is all a concept the world is a illusion lol
>>
>>18238613
the reality we see is an illusion on some level but we have no reason to believe that the illusion we see is completely divorced from reality
>>
>>18238613
Then why live at all?>>18238613
What is beyond the illusion?
>>
>>18238616
societies is a illusion divorced from reality
>>
>>18238621
prove it pro tip you can't
>>
>>18238611
So by saying i'm christian you think i believe Adam and Eve, dinosaurs didn't exist, and God is a old man with a white beard? There are many ways to take this.

You are an atheist, and you have all the right to not believe in god, and i respect you because, you haven't seen him (and neither did I)
>>
>>18238616
beyond the illusion is making illusions beyond anything is understanding how something work and manipulating it do like art and stuff and stuff that need technique lol
>>
>>18238623
the proof is the internet
>>
>>18238625
how is that in any way related to what I said
>>
i live on the internet lol
>>
File: timothylearysfinger.jpg (9KB, 182x250px) Image search: [Google]
timothylearysfinger.jpg
9KB, 182x250px
Who are these people that come into these threads and deliberately muddy the waters?
>>
>>18235774
The whole concept of nothingness can only exist in contrast to infinite somethingness. This whole necessary beginning concept is an illusion.
>>
>>18238654
yea lol
>>
>>18238592
The fact that nothing is certain doesn't mean god is definitly a delusion. It just means he's a possibility. Man I hate atheists like you.
>>
>>18238697
the fact that nothing is certain obviously means that god definitely isn't a delusion, however the lack of evidence for him says he's probably a delusion.
>>
>>18235774
your mind is finite, and thinks in finite measures so you can't truly comprehend infinity.
something infinite has no measurable sides or borders, no end to compare/contrast. the universe goes back, time-wise, forever.
no beginning, it just always was. imagine a string with no ends, their wouldn't be a front or back to the string, it just goes forever.
makes you think about how insignificant we are.
>>
>>18238661
You didn't even read it did you
>>
>>18238213
Nothing matter, thank for ask.
>>
Anything that lasts more than your lifespan can be considered infinite.
>>
Fizzics n sheeeeit
>>
>>18238734
You just contradicted yourself.
>>
>>18238505
>If there is something, you need an infinite force to create nothing.
So what happens when you die?
>>
>>18236587

But existence can only exist through creation
>>
>>18235774
There is no nothingness to observe. There is always information to observe in existence. And since the mind acts as an observer, it is always existing
>>
>>18235774
My philosophy teacher puts it like this. The universe had a definite beginning through some outside force or interference. To suggest otherwise would mean that something came from nothing.
>>
>>18240019
>universe
>outside force

thats why hes is a philosophy teacher
>>
File: 1000.jpg (20KB, 400x457px) Image search: [Google]
1000.jpg
20KB, 400x457px
>>18240157
>I have never seen the matrix
>I can't engage in basic philosophical speculation
>>
File: image.png (211KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
211KB, 300x600px
Hey, Nyarlathotep here, the Universe didn't always exist, and existence is merely a dream.

If you'd like more information join the Church of Starry Wisdom.
>>
>>18240166
this has nothing to do with metaphysical scepticism
In the matrix, the world as we know it is a simulation. That doesnt mean, there is something "outside" of the universe in thatis fictional world. "outside of the universe" is a nonsensical concept. Thats like saying "blue is an odd number"
>>
>>18240171
Goddamnit Nyarly, we don't want to join your cult.
>>
The universe is starting right now my dude
>>
>>18235774
God has nothing to do with time
time only exists within our physical universe
its like a goldfish asking you how could you even exist whithout water surrounding you
hope this helped
>>
>>18239534
obviously means that god isn't definitely a delusion*

what I meant was that god can't ever be known to be a delusion for sure, but as it is the lack of evidence around it and the vast amount of contradictory beliefs about god sort of point to him being a delusion.
>>
>>
>>18235791
Absolutely mangled that example, m8. Terrible
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.