[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please explain what happened to me and how I can experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: blue-jellyfish-11281716664Q2rH.jpg (61KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
blue-jellyfish-11281716664Q2rH.jpg
61KB, 1280x853px
Someone please explain what happened to me and how I can experience it again

>6amish, wake up because I was thirsty. I get a drink of water, use the bathroom and return to bed after checking my Facebook.
>Close eyes, instantly viewing a scene of a park near my home.
>Fully aware of the fact that I was awake a second ago. Find this really bizzare but I accept it. Toy with the idea that I could've died.
>Gliding through the air a good distance above the ground.
>Feels way too real, I could hear and feel the wind as it passes over me. Birds chirping etc etc.
>looks like it could be just the beginning of morning, no signs of life, houses seem vacant and streets are empty besides the cars parked along the street.
>Think I'm lucid dreaming, try to do typical lucid dream stuff but I can't. It feels like I'm stuck on a rail and I can do nothing but observe as I pass through the area on a fixed path
>Start to think that this must be what Astral Projection is, but there are some discrepancies between the area I'm gliding through and real life.
>As I get towards the end of the street, I start to rise higher and higher
>Phone rings IRL and I wake up.

What did I just experience? How can I do it again? I would have passed it off as a dream but it happened just as I literally closed my eyes.
>>
Inb4 who was phone

It was my mom.

If anyone could shed some insight I'd really appreciate it. Whatever it was ive become obsessed and want to do it again.
>>
I used to have dreams like this frequently as a child. It felt pretty much as you described except that I had an inkling it wasn't real because the sky was always orange, as if it were dusk.
>>
It was a lucid dream. Being in control is a common element of them, but it's not a necessity.

Some people can control the dream the moment they become lucid, some wake up right after they become lucid, and others need a lot of focus to gain control in the dream.

A common trigger of lucid dreams is waking from a deep sleep and returning to sleep soon after, like you described. If you really want to experience it again, set an alarm for 6am, do a small task when you wake up, then go back to sleep again. It's not guaranteed to work, but it's your best bet. Otherwise you'll have to wait for probably months for another one to happen naturally
>>
>>18234832
>>6amish
>check Facebook.

God,what is wrong with you people?

On topic, you had a dream. Don't trust your memories from when you're half asleep as absolute truths.
>>
tldr; you were dreaming.

I had a similar experience (thank god nothing happened). The first time this kind of (lucid?)dream happened to me I had no idea of any of this stuff, so I was pretty freaked out.

I was in my room but the door and window had switched places, but the door kind of still was where the window now was(what the fuck??) I tried to go through the door to my living room and hit my head on an invisible wall and at this point I start freaking out since in my mind I was not dreaming and my consciousness was indistinguishable from real life, I thought I got a weird stroke or something. Then my legs stop working and I collapse on the ground and look up through the window to see the sky look like pic related.

Shit feels literally like real life and there is no real way to distinguish between dream and real life here unless you know some tricks, like for example covering your nostrils and breathing through; means you are dreaming. Or putting your hand through a wall. One time I woke up went to the toilet took a piss and went back to sleep, then I woke up for real and realised that I just went to the toilet like a 5 minutes ago. I felt kind of dumb that I didn't realise that i was dreaming.

I do the breathing trick like 4 times a day whenever I remember when I am awake ever since I had my first wtf-nonlucid-reallike dream experience.
Its actually pretty easy to control the waking up progress, I can now wake up whenever I want in the dreams. Realise it is a dream -> wriggle like a mad man -> wake up.

>how I can experience it again
no thanks never again please

but if you insist, I get these shits when I wake up and go back to sleep on my back or take a little nap after work. Just to clarify, I have never done any lucid dreaming on purpose and not even sure what lucid dreaming is. I have little contorl in the dreams and mostly I just end them before some creature made of FUCK NO appears.
>>
>>18234832
I read it is though 6 Amish people woke up because you were thirsty. Its too early in the morning to be reading /x/
>>
>>18234832
>there are some discrepancies between the area I'm gliding through and real life

Yeah, lucid dream.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.