[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: Creepy\sp00ky artwork I really liked this one because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: 1475646141786.jpg (51KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1475646141786.jpg
51KB, 403x403px
>ITT: Creepy\sp00ky artwork
I really liked this one because of its back story.
>>
File: EVEN NOW.jpg (200KB, 778x675px) Image search: [Google]
EVEN NOW.jpg
200KB, 778x675px
>>18231849
>>
>>18231849
What's the story
>>
>>18231868
Artist killed himself after painting it, spoopy noises, shit moving in the room the painting was stored, deep feelings of unease around it, etc.
>>
File: download (19).jpg (103KB, 522x665px) Image search: [Google]
download (19).jpg
103KB, 522x665px
>>18231849
I have this in my comfy folder
>>
HAR(IUHTTTTTTTD F
>>
>>18231849
Its just a portrait bro.
>>
File: Zdzisław Beksiński - 1978 (6).jpg (822KB, 1768x1787px) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław Beksiński - 1978 (6).jpg
822KB, 1768x1787px
Beksinski really taps into my fear of being crushed in crowds. this one horrifies me
>>
File: louis wain 02.jpg (319KB, 500x1011px) Image search: [Google]
louis wain 02.jpg
319KB, 500x1011px
captures the artists slip into paranoid schizophrenia over the years.
>>
>>18233051
Except that's generally considered false. People have dated some of the more psychedelic patterns appearing in his paintings as being created before the onset of his schizophrenic tendencies (which by the way aren't actually 'confirmed;). And quite a bit of 'normal' feline artistry during his decline in health too.

I mean, it's cool and all if that set of pictures you posted really were chronological, but even that is disputed. Not trying to be a wet blanket.
>>
>>18233007
is it a transdemisional,damon,spacefareer, at the gates of orion?
>>
>>18233095
While it's true that there is some overlap between periods with psychedelic images and normal images, there was definitely a trend in the artist drawing more psychedelically the deeper into their mental condition they were. The notion that it was coincidental was conjured up as an attempt to prevent damaging the reputation of the artist, his family, the magazines he published in, and the psychiatric care he was receiving, since while outsider art is hip today, back then it was considered condemning.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.