[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where would /x/ place Archangel Michael on the Kabbalah? Both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Where would /x/ place Archangel Michael on the Kabbalah? Both Archangel Michael and Raphael switch between Hod and Tiphareth depending on the sources. Jewish lean towards Michael on Hod and Raphael with Tiphareth, Christians have them vice versa.

I'm interested to know more about the archangels and how they relate to the Kabbalah, chakras, symbols, elements, animals and archetypes they represent.

Angels thread
>>
>>18231659
>Both Archangel Michael and Raphael switch between Hod and Tiphareth depending on the sources.

They trade positions, depending on the relative astronomical/astrological positions of Sol and Mercury. Nominally, I put Michael in Hod, following John Dee.

>I'm interested to know more about the archangels and how they relate to the Kabbalah, chakras, symbols, elements, animals and archetypes they represent.

See Agrippa's, Three Books, 777, &c.
>>
>>18232408
I skimmed through Agrippa's Three Books (a lot of info!). The charts relating to the number 4 assign Michael to fire, the Sun, Mars and the lion while Gabriel is assigned Mercury, Saturn, water and man.

When relating to the number 7, Michael is now assigned to Mercury. Mercury being a water planet.
Books also acknowledges that some do put Michael as the Sun and Raphael as Mercury.

Is there any logic behind the change or is it something human minds cannot comprehend about angelic beings?
>>
>>18232408
>They trade positions, depending on the relative astronomical/astrological positions of Sol and Mercury. Nominally, I put Michael in Hod, following John Dee.

Can you elaborate on Sun and Mercury's positions that causes Michael and Raphael to trade places and your reasons behind placing Michael on Hod?
>>
>>18232816
In astrology, Mercury is "neutral". It can be both sunlike as well as saturnlike, depending on it's position. So you might ascribe it to the fiery as well well as the watery group.
>>
>>18232816
>Is there any logic behind the change or is it something human minds cannot comprehend about angelic beings?

It's just a controversy that's been around for a while, likely astrological.

>>18232829
>Michael on Hod

I said I followed John Dee, who likely followed Agrippa.

I use a simple convention, when working with the planets. Whichever rises first is Raphael.

>>18232876
>So you might ascribe it to the fiery as well well as the watery group.

It's best to leave things as they are. The scale of the number of seven is one thing. The scale of four another.
>>
According to http://www.archangels-and-angels.com/aa_pages/correspondences/angelic_symbols/symbolsl_michael.html

Archangel Michael is signed the Sun and Strength tarot cards. Interesting the website quotes a passage from the Prediction Book by Madeline Montalban, "Astrologically the card is ruled by a combination of Sun, Mercury and Jupiter forces."

Conclusion is that Archangel Michael is a messenger, which both Sun and Mercury fill the role. Fire is also associated with Mercury through fire being linked with messengers and even with quicksilver being referred to as "dry water".
>>
I think the aspect of Tiphareth that Raphael represents is the healing power of the sun and the avatar aspect associated with it. Raphael appeared as human before on earth.

Michael represents the aspect of the sun as God's champion and defeater of darkness/evil.
>>
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.