[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /x/ tell me about Crowley's publication, conti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (26KB, 324x504px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
26KB, 324x504px
What can /x/ tell me about Crowley's publication, continued long after his death, "The Equinox"?

I know about these links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equinox

http://www.the-equinox.org/

My question is more to do with the issues, errata and related material published long after Crowley's death: volumes IV, V and so on. Wiki seems to have added a blurb explaining V etc as of several months ago.
>>
So you found the mention of Vol. V but didn't follow through with looking up the separate publisher?
>>
>>18227127
Whaddya wanna know specifically. May be a minute before I reply. The wiki article appears to be mostly sufficient.
>>
>>18227131
Yuh, Thelema Publishing via Nashville. That was Motta's old outfit.

Seems they're still technically an incorporated entity.
>>
>>18227135

Just if there are any other "apocrypha" which use/purport/pretend to The Equinox name, which are not mentioned throughout the above links.
>>
>>18227175
Motta's Equinoxes weren't pretending. They were legit. First two were trash, next two were pretty good. I've got Sex and Religion in the library.

Jake Stratton Kent contributed to "The New Equinox".
>>
>>18227131

See, this >>18227181 is helpful and not cunty. This is how you do it.
>>
>>18227135
Fuck off already jesus
>>
>>18227226
No.
>>
More generally, I am using this thread to figure out which numbers of the document can be reasonably acquired in economical versions. Amazon reviews suggest various imperfections among various items, which I haven't yet systematically or critically reviewed (because a lot of information is entailed in the project, and that's what this thread is for, a discovery process).

However both bn.com and amazon suggest too-good-to-be-true cheap prints of volume one, which are variously alleged to be cheap reprints of this-or-that pdf, and somehow "not the genuine article", or cash-in knockoffs. This is another reason why I've made the thread; to tease out these things.

Certain impressive-looking copies of this-or-that also pop up on amazon, demanding a few hundred bucks here or there. And various pdfs are available, but the point is to take it all in and compare what's what.
>>
>>18228387
>More generally, I am using this thread to figure out which numbers of the document can be reasonably acquired in economical versions. Amazon reviews suggest various imperfections among various items, which I haven't yet systematically or critically reviewed (because a lot of information is entailed in the project, and that's what this thread is for, a discovery process).
Soft and hardcover reprints of the original ten:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1268931

The lulu version is fine if you're tweaked out there are scans of the original ten with all the ads in them.

>>18228387
>Certain impressive-looking copies of this-or-that also pop up on amazon, demanding a few hundred bucks here or there. And various pdfs are available, but the point is to take it all in and compare what's what.
Motta 5:3 and 5:4 are worth having. I scanned 5:4.

Gunther/Breeze's 4 is shit. The commentary on the holy books is redacted. I've got the full manuscripts from the Warburg Microfilms of the Warburg Collection over in my library. Vision and Voice with Commentary is also, unsurprisingly, shit. The notes are heavily redacted, and the materials are kept in Houston under the watchful eye of an OTO compliant university so scans probably aren't coming.
>>
>>18228401

So this along with other links suggests that there is a robust "bespoke", or "on-demand" practice of producing what amount to cheap facsimilies, ads and all, have I got that about right?
>>
>>18228439
Lulu ones are just what's listed in the the table of contents of the first ten, not the ad papers, etc., but i'm fairly certain my scans in the library full facsimiles.

You're missing out on exactly jack and shit by buying the softcovers.
>>
>>18228448

My first interest is in having all the content; I was never after any old hardbacks to begin with. cheers.
>>
>>18228401
>Motta 5:3 and 5:4 are worth having. I scanned 5:4.

I've a first edition of 5:3.
>>
>>18229286
I know ;_;
Beastly Book of Changes looks like it has more unpublished ephemera.
>>
>>18229291
>Beastly Book of Changes looks like it has more unpublished ephemera.

Oh really?

Mostly, it's just kinda funny. I asked you the other day what 5:3 was, only to discover I already had one. 5:4 I xeroxed and velo-bound. Not sure who's copy it was.
>>
File: Aleister_Crowley_28810.jpg (28KB, 335x400px) Image search: [Google]
Aleister_Crowley_28810.jpg
28KB, 335x400px
>>
Yea search something on deep or dark web xD
>>
one bump only because I've been researching the equinox this evening, cheers!

the lulu bespoke-edition starts to make more sense for me.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.