[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did any of you understand Dark Souls? DS3 in particular, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1475981726653.jpg (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475981726653.jpg
101KB, 500x500px
So did any of you understand Dark Souls? DS3 in particular, and I don't mean the plot. I refer to the allegory and metaphor of DS3.
>>
Go on.... I just started playing ds2 and the topics it has are quite interesting..
>>
>>18218464
Well I realised it basically describes our current predicament.

"Yes indeed. It is called Lothric. Where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge. In venturing north, the pilgrims discover the truth of the old words. The fire fades. And the lords go without thrones. When the link of fire is threatened, the bell tolls; Unearthing the old lords of cinder from their graves. Aldrich Saint of the Deep; Farron’s Undead Legion the Abyss Watchers; and their reclusive lord of the profaned capitol Yhorm the Giant. Only in truth, the lords will abandon their thrones. And the unkindled will rise. Nameless accursed undead, unfit even to be cinder. And so it is, that ash seeketh embers."

>And the unkindled will rise.
This is you at the start of the game, it is a reference to ones birth seemingly out of the void.

>Nameless accursed undead, unfit even to be cinder.
This is another reference to us humans

>And so it is, that ash seeketh embers.
We are the ash and we seek some sort of meaning during our lives. In the game you play as Ashen One/Champion of Ash, there is no real defined goal in DS3 and there are quite a few endings, just like in life.

In short DS3 to me was a metaphorical and condensed representation of a human life from start to finish. We are currently living the life of the ashen one and when we die we become the champion of ash as we have traversed the trials and tribulations of the mortal realm. We are the blessed accursed undead.
>>
ITT: babby's first critical analysis
>>
>>18218536
You're a fucking dickshit, there's another one on the house.
>>
>>18218566
Mate if that's all you had, you really need to step your game up. Fucking anything can be a metaphor for the human condition if you stretch it thin enough.

Sorry not sorry, I calls it as I sees it.
>>
>>18218570
Essentially you have contributed nothing, not even a critical analysis. You are as worthless as the shit you type. That is the type of thing some faggot teeenager would write, I hope for your sake you aren't yet an adult.
>>
File: 24!132118b .jpg (24KB, 600x422px)
24!132118b .jpg
24KB, 600x422px
>>
>>18218587
Bro the caterpillar bursts from the cocoon as a human from the placenta. This is also a metaphor for the internal cocoon of the mind we use to become new people.
>>
Well I'm the guy that just got ds2 and there was a guy sitting down by the big tower in majula, he was saying something like living here is suffering. This can be compared to the ideology of Gnosticism & Buddhism.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.