[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about reincarnation, /x/? I understand that many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Can we talk about reincarnation, /x/?

I understand that many "remember" or know of their past lives, please explain how.
How can you remember something that happened in a completely different body with a different brain? Is it something inherented?
Like, do you carry on the memories of your ancestors?
Is that why some people have different reactions to different events?
If so, can you only have lives based on your/your ancestor's decisions? Can my next life be of a Saudi woman if I am Chinese? Are all my past lives different genders? Or all the same.

Please enlighten me. This is a concept that leaves me with many doubts.
>>
I forgot what it is called but children are more likely to remember their "past" life. When you get older you lose the ability.

I think ancestors have nothing to do with it. What I m now curious about is if any one remembers life on another planet.
>>
>>18216437
I've never had visions of my past or anything, but I've been told and its been found in my birth chart that I spent my past lives living in a monastery and doing meditation.

It made sense because meditation practice was so familiar to me. I knew things about yogic practices, procedures, rituals, even mannerisms.

There may have also been a past life where I was incarcerated. Because in this present life, I harbor fears of people accusing me of something, and my natural tendency is one to isolate when that happens.

I've heard that the most potent forms of past life carry-overs come from fears. Perhaps, you have unexplained latent fears present since you were a child. Some are of course natural for any human being, but others perhaps are exaggerated or a bit of a mystery to you. Those can be clues.

Other example is having a certain familiarity with a culture, a country, or a way of life. It may appeal to you or you may just know things about it without really understanding why. Something clicks or makes sense from observing that culture to you.

The metaphysics behind this is not so clear. There are vast explanations for how the soul migrates from one incarnation to the next. There are even theories that there are no souls, and that bodies that incarnate just adopt the karmic patterns in their environment, thus reincarnating those karmic patterns which have of course ties to many past lives.

It could even be theorized that karma is genetic and generational. That you are essentially a reincarnation of your parents and their parents and so on but happening simultaneously if both of you happen to be alive. There have been records of children telling their mothers that they were their parents in a past life, for instance.

It's also unclear whether reincarnation happens linearly in time. Whether you go from past to future or jump around different parts of history. You might be an American now and in the next life be reborn as a Chinese peasant from 200bc.
>>
>>18216437
Of course, ultimately time is just as illusion, and the spirit or essence that is reborn each and every time is the same essence of everybody. And that essence must be beyond time itself. So you can say that the spirit or essence that we all are is reincarnating as all of us simultaneously from past present and future.
>>
>>18216437
These stories usually come from children that don't know about intrusive thoughts and can trick themselves into believing things like that.
>>
>>18216437
>How can you remember something that happened in a completely different body with a different brain?
It's got nothing to do with you're physical body. It all has to do with your soul/consciousness.

I do believe that you generally tend to reincarnate within your ancestral lineage. That's just my opinion though, I practice a religion that has a lot to do with ancestry.
>>
>>18216437
The Swiss psychologist Carl Jung described this pretty good, look up the collective unconscious. It's essentially a storebank of all human knowledge and filled with various archetypes that we project onto our experience.
>>
File: time_portal.jpg (59KB, 720x555px) Image search: [Google]
time_portal.jpg
59KB, 720x555px
>>
>>18216703
the whole concept of having been physically incarnate on a different planet has always been appealing to me. I've always felt foreign to earth, finding its inhabitants and in particular the societal construct of the western world very odd.

events happening in the world have been very interesting as of late. Time is drawing near. The outcome? What so many of us are waiting for and chose to incarnate here for.
>>
>>18217869
Also explains why so many more women report previous lives than men. Still waitin on that Kwisatz Haderach
>>
>>18216987
Intrusive thoughts are the result of overloaded information and trauma, they don't make people believe things that didn't happen.

OP when your brain initially forms, it has pre-set connections and when these connections are read, they can be memories you never experienced, because they're just random sets of cells. The chances that one of the random sets end up matching someones real life memories is actually: pretty damn good. (Look up the library of Babel)

"Incarnation" is when you are so similar to another person, you can be assumed as the person themselves. "RE-incarnation" is religious stuff.
>>
>>18217869
Is on the spot. The upper level spirituals in the religions that deal with incarnation can shift people's archetypes, other religions see this as "getting rid of deamons" apparently you can tell when you're a guru because you can completely change someones image of themselves, giving them a new behavior, changing their archetype. This is viewed subjectively as changing the "spirit that controls them"
>>
>>18218540
>Also explains why so many more women report previous lives than men

The same reason they report so many rapes, because they're full of shit.
>>
File: tumblr_mmsxur8yte1qzw7g7o1_500.jpg (87KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmsxur8yte1qzw7g7o1_500.jpg
87KB, 500x670px
>>18218540
One day he'll emerge... after Brian Herbet is done pissing on his father's grave.
>>
>>18216437
When a life ends, it is over. The record button is hit, and the disc is pressed, and it's a final cut. Nothing can be done about this life. Where it is can only be described as somewhere else, maybe the Akashic Records, I dunno.

But it's stored, somehow. That person's thoughts and perspective, every moment they collapsed a wave function and identified themselves as a separate consciousness from the rest of the universe, all of them are accessible by going there in your mind.

Do I know how to do this reliably? No, obviously not. But do I think I've done it before? Yeah. Sort of a lot. I think a lot of us, maybe everybody, has, but we don't really know how to talk about it. Maybe quantum computers will help soon.

So, it's not so much *your* past life that you're remembering, but more like *a* past life. And they're all "yours," if you want to think about it that way, but they're also *ours* as, like, a species/people/class of cognitive entities with similar physical limitations based on genetic code.

I think this framework might be helpful. Also, it might be what allows us to recognize that we're all connected and thinking together. Someone else might be having this thought right now. Who are "you" anyway? I don't know who "me" is, but I hope this helps, anyway.

Just try not to be so linear when thinking of past lives, and it seems to go easier.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.