[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you abuse multiple personalities? Like if you're tired,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

Could you abuse multiple personalities?
Like if you're tired, switch into another personality and let him lead for a while? Or if you're afraid of speaking, let a personality that makes a great speaker take over?
This of course requires that you need to be in control of your personalities
>>
Theoretically yes, but if things go wrong you will have to make a Jackie Chan tulpa.
>>
>>18216209

Why Jackie Chan?
>>
>>18216212
So he can beat the bad guys up.
>>
>>18216203
Yes, but you'll end up fucking your shit up and have voices bounce around your head while you spend 1/4th of the day active
>>
>>18216216

Okay, so is there a way to "pull the plug" and erase the personalities if they get too annoying?
>>
>>18216203
You can do that, or you could just better your own self like a real man. no need to split apart your brain just quit being a fag.
>>
>>18216278

But how about if I wanna do something immoral or something that is not reconsilable with my personality but is still something that needs to be done?
>>
>>18216285
Easy; just quit being a bitch and do what must be done.
>>
>>18216365
This.
>>
How does one even "make" an extra personality? This sounds all fun and well, but schizophrenia is a mental disorder, not something you have control of and abuse to no end.
>>
>>18216990
people are retarded
>>
I once tried to consciously summon a dialogue with another personality, or entity in my head. It freaked me out how easy it was to do, and how the voice just kind of took on a tone of its own beyond my control.

The whole thing made me uneasy and I stopped doing it, but was just left with the nagging feeling of something else being there.
>>
>>18217050
How did you do it? Elaborate.
>>
>>18217050

Literally put a 'hey' out there and waited for a response. Allowing the responses to flow sort of stream of consciousness. Only way i can describe it, is feeling that this thing wanted my attention and for me to feed thoughts into it, so it's like a nagging feeling.
>>
>>18216203
how do i sumen jacikie chan
>>
Hypothetically, if you already have an early history of long term abuse/neglect, and have either already split from that initial trauma or later trauma that finished the job, and then from there either get lucky or get some treatment, you could end up with a functional system where you could pick and choose who's front.

However, the issue is that this is actually all your own brain. Someone who has a personality thats good at public speaking isn't doing anything more efficiently than someone who has one personality but gets good at public speaking - in fact, the MPD person will be dealing with all sorts of negative side effects, including exhaustion, memory loss, etc.

If it helps you as a mental category, you're free to create roleplay personalities. You create these little brain fragments all the time when you imagine conversations with people, write a fictional character, or need to figure out the pros and cons of an argument. (This is likely what >>18217050 did. Yes, it is easy!) If you give enough time & energy developing them, they may become consistent, and it may be useful for you to let "that personality" take over to deal with something unpleasant. Some people may find that level of compartmentalization and visualization helpful, but in the end, it's all you.

If you're already fucked in the head, especially base identity problems caused by the things I mentioned earlier, this might cause problems. But in that case, you're already fucked, so who cares? At least you'd be doing it on your own terms, and not because you finally get raped in a dark alley and your brain decides it needs to fracture itself to bits for sanity's sake. Live a little, that's what I always say!
>>
>>18216212
Because Jackie Chan don't have time for you
no time Jackie Chan very busy man
>>
So now having brain-split personalities, be polarism and shit like that is just a matter of faggotism? Being weak and bitching around?

Ok.
>>
>>18216257
Medications.
>>
>>18216990
>schizophrenia
He's actually talking about trying to get dissociative identity disorder on demand.
>>
>>18216216
This, or you effectively stop it with your own will. The only way to do so is to make it irrelevant.
>>18216257
Yes. Making it seem appropriate for a different time line but not yours. Past history is past history.
>>18216990
Quite simple really. It's about asking "What would xxx do or say about this situation and acting it out". Quite literally, it's acting. Once you act out this persona long enough you can "add" it into your banks of personas.
>>
>>18216212
he don wan no trabbul
>>
>>18218040
Me.
>>18217436
>But in that case, you're already fucked, so who cares?
It matters to those who use different personalities to solve different problems. Sometimes thinking outside the box is the best answer to any current question. The next level of social engineering revolves around not just thinking outside the box, but thinking outside the persona to solve the problem. Something that needs to be spread like wildfire in order for humanity to be saved.
>>
>>18217063
You mean you had a series of thoughts? That's amazing and also cool! Please tell us more about how your brain makes thoughts when you're thinking!
>>
>>18216203
Yes.
It's called schizophrenia.
>>
it's easy when subjected to constant scape goating
but eventually my alter said fuck this
im now by myself against these crazy fuckin people who couldn't be nice to their peers or family
every dream i have is constantly full of yelling
im so anxious about the people i know because all they ever do is make me feel guilty
>>
>>18219703
obligatory
/thread
>>
>>18216212
why not jackie chan?
>>
Don't try to do it. It works, but it will fuck you up eventually. Sure you may think you're strong enough to just magically make them go away but they are just as strong as you, and they can just as easily make you go away and you wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>18219782
you must accept they are you and you them
why fight yourself
you should love yourself
nobody else but yourself can truly love yourself
>>
>>18216203
OP must have never heard of MK ultra. Basically proof you can manipulate multiple personalities, even controlling them yourself without a handler.
>>
>>18220869
Yep, that's all right except for the part where these are other fucking personalities that don't necessarily think that way. I'm just warning, man, do not mess with this shit.
>>
>>18222019
you're a fool
>>
>>18218061
I said in my post that was an option. Creating a persona can be done, I'm just saying it carries risks. I'm saying this as someone with both natural and artifically created "personalities" - they have their uses, but pretending the entire experience is a miracle cure that will solve all your problems is a great way to make a schizo go more schizo. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Warning people of risks is what responsible people do.
>>
>>18221058
Ah yes, MK Ultra and Monarch Programming, both things that are said to be incredibly positive experiences that definitely don't result from repeated trauma. Sounds like a great way to pass your college public speaking class!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.