[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you guys know about the Masonic god Jahbulon? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: jahbulon small.jpg (723KB, 1152x1600px) Image search: [Google]
jahbulon small.jpg
723KB, 1152x1600px
How much do you guys know about the Masonic god Jahbulon?

I first heard about him reading Alan Moore's "From Hell" where he briefly describes the god as being a combination of Judaism's Yahweh, Egyptian's Ra (or maybe anubis I forget) and a Babylonian God that I forget the name of.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a discussion about this on /x/ yet and am curious to what you may be able to contribute.

Pic related: The comic panel from "From Hell' in which Jack the Ripper has a vision of Jabulon.
>>
File: 300px-Jahbulon.png (143KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Jahbulon.png
143KB, 300x361px
Edit: I think the Egyptian god implied by Alan Moore is actually Osiris.

Also, this picture here is also supposedly one of the most popular pictures of Jahblon and happens to include a dank and rare pepe
>>
>>18212173
>Jahblon
Horseshit, that's Lemegeton's representation of Baal.

>>18212164
Joseph Campbell suggest very convincingly that Jahbulon is just a corruption of Hyle.

According to Masonic historian Arturo de Hoyos, the word Jahbulon was first used in the 18th century in early French versions of the Royal Arch degree. It relates a Masonic allegory in which Jabulon was the name of an explorer living during the time of Solomon who discovered the ruins of an ancient temple. Within the ruins he found a gold plate upon which the name of God (Jehovah) was engraved.

In Duncan's Masonic Ritual and Monitor, published in the mid-19th century, Malcolm Duncan uses the word as a recognition password in his rendition of the Royal Arch degree, and in a footnote states that the word is a combination of sacred names. However, there has been controversy regarding Duncan's ritual. Some Masonic authors state that even if Duncan's ritual is authentic, it is either an outdated exposure or that it had been superseded by another explanation.

According to Francis X. King in The Secret Rituals of the O.T.O., the word is used in two rituals of the Ordo Templi Orientis: the Lodge of Perfection, in which the candidate receives the Fourth Degree (which is called Perfect Magician and Companion of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch); and the Perfect Initiate (or Prince of Jerusalem) degree, which falls between the fourth and fifth degrees. King prints in his book the lyrics of a song that mentions the word "Jahbulon."
>>
>>18212224

I see you know how to use copy and paste
>>
>>18212235
?

Flip through Francis King's book if you want the OTO conception, which is about the only modern elaboration on the word. Or Duncan's Ritual.

I'm not sure how anything I've said changed in the three years since I last posted the Wiki pull plus the Campbell nod. Those are the important essentials, and you can read up on source materials if you'd like.
>>
>>18212173

That's Bael you stupid mother fucker.

He's a Demonic God.
>>
File: gohlbahn.png (601KB, 574x661px) Image search: [Google]
gohlbahn.png
601KB, 574x661px
>>18212254

I already read the wiki which is why I replied in this way. I wasn't aware that you wrote the wiki and still can't be sure of that now.

In any case, I already read the wiki page and was interested in learning more which is why I created this thread. I do have the intention of doing further research although am engrossed in other material that is required for classes that I'm enrolled in at the time and thought a discussion on /x/ would be entertaining and insightful. I meant no ill will.

>>18212276

Do you have to be so nasty? We're complete strangers and I come with the intention of learning through discussion. I love the material that is sometimes found on /x/ and /his/ but I really am getting tired of the vitriol that people immediately turn to on this fucking website.

Regarding your claim that it is Baal, I know that this certain depiction is claimed to be Baal, but I have seen other sources that it also represents Jabluon, thus making it at least controversial in my mind.

That being said, I posted two picture as well as said that the second was "supposedly" one of the more popular renditions because of its frequency of appearing when the name is simply typed into google. I'm interested in learning what you have to share, but if your just going to take your life's aggression out on me, don't.

Although I'm sure this won't sway the hostility in which you'll reply (or most likely ignore), I'll still be interested to learn what more you have to say on Jahbulon or any secret Gods you may know of.
>>
>>18212164
>Masonic
>God
Only trouble with that is that Masonry isn't a religion.

>>18212276
>He's a Demonic God.
Always hated Americans saying things like that. He's just the God of Baal worshipers. False God, yes. But daemonic? No.

>>18212373
>but I have seen other sources that it also represents Jabluon
Yea, lazy people who don't understand either thing made it so.
>>
File: 1473773091846.png (273KB, 450x497px) Image search: [Google]
1473773091846.png
273KB, 450x497px
>>18212173
>>
>>18213341

I don't know very much about masonry although I do know that they aren't a religion but do allow members to worship whatever deity they choose and I read that jabulon is distinct to practicing members withing freemasonry.
>>
>>18212164
>Masonic God
So you're telling me that the God of Abraham is Jahbulon?

Because technically, even though Masonic tradition verges towards the Satanic, their Great Architect of the Universe is still the God of Abraham, who's technically Satan if you ever studied any of Crowley's works.
>>
>>18213557

Hah
>>
>>18213854
>and I read that jabulon is distinct to practicing members withing freemasonry.
Yea, that's another fabrication. The term Jahbulon isn't a name, it's a title or description.

>>18213880
>even though Masonic tradition verges towards the Satanic,
Oh do say how.
>their Great Architect of the Universe is still the God of Abraham,
Only if that's your belief. Great Architect is just a placeholder/non-sectarian term so Hindus, Christians, Druids, etc can meet without proselytising.
>who's technically Satan if you ever studied any of Crowley's works.
Not the most reputable source there...
>>
>>18214027
Actually...

>Druids, etc.
They only accept religions where there's only one creator God. Druids have two, Thelemites have 3, Wiccans have 2; none of those three religions are allowed in Masonic lodges under penalty of dismissal.

Not only that, but their Great Architect of the Universe is still the God of Abraham, as every single allegory taught in Masonic lodges revolve around Abrahamic tradition & theology (hence Boaz & Jachin, the two pillars to the Temple of king Solomon, among other things).
>>
>>18214055
>none of those three religions are allowed in Masonic lodges under penalty of dismissal.
False. The GL of Florida tried to make that so, but it was overturned.
Plus, Druids have only one creator deity, The Dagda. Danu came from him to create the rest.
>Not only that, but their Great Architect of the Universe is still the God of Abraham
Even before 1813, GAotU still wasn't reference to any one deity.
>as every single allegory taught in Masonic lodges revolve around Abrahamic tradition & theology
Not every. Just a lot is framed around Biblical history since the 3rd degree was added. Prior to that it was about a very different structure, not even made from stone.
>>
>>18214284
Are you that Australian from /pol/ that comes in to defend the good name of the masons whenever they're mentioned in passing?
>>
>>18212373
Baal Jabulon are the same entity
>>
>>18214482
UK, but I can do that.
>>
>>18214507
Source?
>>
File: bobby.jpg (29KB, 439x487px) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
29KB, 439x487px
So basically Jabulon is just a fake pussy bitch and Alan Moore is just making shit up?

Has anyone here read "From Hell" by the way? I'm just curious. Obviously, it's a work of fiction, but it was very heavily researched and contains many things pertaining to free masonry, city planning in relation to historical/religious events and symbols, and obviously, jack the ripper.
>>
>>18215105
>Alan Moore is just making shit up
Gosh, never! Next you'll say that 300 wasn't accurate to history.
>>
>>18215143

I addressed that it was a work of fiction, but based in fact.

Just like 300 portrays certain facts like famous quotes, characters, and locations with a heavy exaggeration for entertainment effect. In the same way that the facts that are ALLUDED to, albeit misrepresented via artistic liberty withheld by the director and producer, the facts that are ALLUDED to in Alan Moore's work of fiction is what I'm interested finding out about.

In any case it's a fun and intriguing topic, in my mind, to discuss.
>>
>>18214548
Jah-Bul-On

Jah from Jahveh/Yahweh.
Bul from Baal.
On from Osiris

"On" = Osiris may seem non-sequitur, but it was thought by scholars that On was an older form of the name of Osiris before modern scholarship disproved it.
>>
>>18215606
BTW, I'm not the guy who said Baal = Jahbulon, but, yes, Baal is part of the supposed etymology.
>>
>>18214284
>>18214027
>>18213341
This fucking mason. Every thread.

Nice disinfo.
>>
>>18215606
>"On" = Osiris may seem non-sequitur, but it was thought by scholars that On was an older form of the name of Osiris before modern scholarship disproved it.
Or it's from the Chaldaen word, "On" which means "Lord/Most High."
>Jah from Jahveh/Yahweh.
It's just Jah. The letter/word.
>>
>>18215606

Ohhh yesss, I remember now the third "Babylonian" god that I couldn't remember in my OP is Baal. Now I feel stupid in response to the reactions saying it was Baal, although they should also feel stupid for saying it was a representation of JUST Baal.
>>
>>18215319
>the facts that are ALLUDED to
Might want to get some more academic style books, then.
>>
>>18215649
>Or it's from the Chaldaen word, "On" which means "Lord/Most High."
Good one, I didn't know that.
>It's just Jah. The letter/word.
I knew it was a word in itself, but I wanted to make the connection to Yahweh clear for the presumably uninitiated reader.
>>
>>18215606
Actually, On is more than just Osiris; On describes both YHWH & Satan as if they're one being.
>>
>>18212164
>How much do you guys know about the Masonic god Jahbulon?

I heard Albert Pike was pretty pissed off about it when he found out
>>
>>18217692
>I knew it was a word in itself, but I wanted to make the connection to Yahweh clear for the presumably uninitiated reader.
Fair enough, but the distinction is important, as it is in the degree. The tetragrammaton is four letters, but it's also four words. So in this case, only the first one is used because of what it means.
Ain't lexiology fun?
>>
File: SHIVA.jpg (25KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
SHIVA.jpg
25KB, 398x500px
>>18217777
k nice quads
>>
>not worshipping Equimanthorn
fucking plebs itt
>>
>>18217682

You just like being a cheeky little bigger don't you
>>
>>18215606
I'm curious from where you got this information is because this is exactly Alan moores description
>>
>>18218346
It's an established belief. You can find the information anywhere, a library, a magazine, the internet.
>>
>>18212224
thanks k
>>
>>18218346
It's a Taxil type thing. It's wrong, but spread like wildfire.
>>
>>18213854
Masons can have any religion they want as long as its a abrahamic religion
>>
>>18215319
>Just like 300 portrays certain facts
>portrays few* facts
Fixed that for you. On a side note did you know homosexual relationships were common and accepted in Spartan culture?
>>
>>18218478
>Masons can have any religion they want as long as any belief in a supreme deity, organised or no
FTFY
>>
>>18218715
>It's all Satan anyway
>>
>>18218804
>Missing the point
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 1280x1024px
19 And what is the exceeding greatnesse of his power to vs-ward who beleeue, according to the working of his mightie power:
20 Which he wrought in Christ when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his owne right hand in the heauenly places,
21 Farre aboue all principalitie, and power, and might, and dominion, and euery name that is named, not onely in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things vnder his feete, and gaue him to be the head ouer all things to the Church,
23 Which is his body, the fulnesse of him that filleth all in all.
>>
>>18218715
And you know this because you're a Wiccan Mason? Because I know someone who was kicked out of the Masons for being Wiccan; he only stayed so long because he faked himself as an Anglican.
>>
>>18218715
>He thinks Wicca has a single supreme diety
They have 2 supreme dieties. No single creator god; both are creators.
>>
>>18218715
Thelemites, when discovered by Freemasons, are ratted out & kicked out of the brotherhood. Often, they have to lie that they're Catholics or other faiths that have a single supreme diety, because Thelema has 3 supreme dieties. Wicca has 2 supreme beings & they also get kicked out when discovered.

Technically, the thing with Freemasonry is that, regardless of which religion you follow, it must be a single supreme diety because every parable they use is bassed off of Abrahamic tradition (like Hiram Abiff building the Temple of Solomon, which was a temple to YHWH, the God of the Jews).
>>
>>18220298
You can't be kicked out for being Wiccan alone. Faking would have been the reason, or as part of the Wiccan beliefs, having views contrary to Freemasonry (they tend to be feminists and witches and shit).

>>18220302
I don't know enough about it, so fair enough. But there are still members able to join.

>>18220330
Yea, Termites are one of the few groups who are not permitted to join. Their spiritual beliefs are at variance with Christian morality, and thus they are not compatible with Freemasonry.
>it must be a single supreme diety
Yes and no. Some places are fine with "a power greater than all", so some chap took his obligation on an Advanced Astrophysics textbook.
>the God of
>of [group]
Have we really regressed this far?
>>
>>18220383
Actually, you can't just say you can be any religion regardless, without mentioning the Freemasonic rituals & doctrine being chiefly of an Abrahamic tradition.

Yes, you can be a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Norse neo-Pagan; all have a single supreme creator of the world. Christians believe in God as the creator, Greek neo-Pagans believe in Gaia; whatever.

But ultimately, they have to be compatible with the Abrahamic system in some aspect (namely, doctrine & morality). Thelema & Wicca are both witch craft cults that have more than a single creator diety, plus their doctrine isn't in line with any religion's set of morals. Same goes for Satanism, but the founder of Satanism would be spinning in his grave if he saw how many angsty teenagers are claiming to be Satanists without understanding the true nature of evil.

And yes; someone you'd consider an Atheist would still bind himself to science as his faith, because it doesn't matter what you call your creator diety; to Masons, it's all an empty void anyways (see Qabalah).

In the beginning, there was the word & the word was God.
>>
>>18220495
>Actually, you can't just say you can be any religion regardless, without mentioning the Freemasonic rituals & doctrine being chiefly of an Abrahamic tradition.
Sure you can. At least, ever since the Union of 1813, which I'm sure you're familiar with.
Freemasonry always has been Christian, but the entry requirements have changed.
>to Masons, it's all an empty void anyways
Well, no.
>>
>>18220826
So Masons don't learn Qabalah?

Where God is Ayn Soph? The void from which emanates the illusion of creation?
>>
>>18220860
>So Masons don't learn Qabalah?
Nah, sadly. It's mentioned in one of the side degrees you can elect to join, alongside other ancient scientific/philosophy systems, though. But if you want to learn it, it's all on you.
>Where God is Ayn Soph? The void from which emanates the illusion of creation?
Not my area of expertise. I elected to delve into Alchemy.
>>
>>18220887
Aww...

Somehow, though, I'd elect to join the Rosicrucian order. Alchemy's still very important, but there's plenty to learn from in all other fields.
>>
>>18220900
>Somehow, though, I'd elect to join the Rosicrucian order.
Yea, that's what i mean. The Rosicrucian Society is where one can learn Qabbalah, Alchemy, Gematria, and so on. So you have to be a Mason to do so, it's nothing to do with Freemasonry.
>>
>>18220916
What I don't understand is why so many people join the Blue lodge instead of the Red lodge, though. And especially when so many people decide to become black brothers.
>>
>>18220925
You're speaking in American terms. "Blue Lodge" is Freemasonry. Craft lodge is the proper term, and it means the three degrees. One must join that to join any of the sub/side degrees.
"Red Lodge" means the American Royal Arch Chapter which includes Mark (which is really part of the Craft), VPM, EMM, and Holy Royal Arch (also technically part of the Craft).
>And especially when so many people decide to become black brothers.
You're possibly thinking of the Orange Order, which is something else entirely.
>>
>>18212164
Okay I am new to /x/ so I don't know all the memes. I am currently an entered apprentice At my local Freemason lodge

Are they really into all this stuff, or is it just a meme? Or maybe it's just some allegory?
>>
>>18221711
Read up on Leo Taxil, brother.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.