[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you live and what stories did they tell you as a kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 19

Where do you live and what stories did they tell you as a kid so you don't go outside at night?

Western-Germany:

>Don't go outside when it's dark or the "Abendmutter" (night mother) will find you, put you in a bag and drag you to hell.
>>
>>18203841

Hungary:
>there are gipsies outside...
>>
File: IMG_4427.png (118KB, 388x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4427.png
118KB, 388x366px
Texas, specifically the border:

>if you don't behave la llorona will think you're one of her children and take you into the canal
>>
Michigan, don't play in the woods alone the dog man will get you
>>
>>18203841
Bitch please I lived in the middle of the woods they dident need to tell me any stories to keep me from wandering out into the pitch black woods
>>
>>18203841
People just told me not to talk to strangers or I'd get diddled and murdered.
>>
Karachi, Pakistan:

>Dont go outside or you risk getting robbed by an opium addict, kidnapped and held for ransom by terrorists, framed for a crime until you bribe the corrupt policeman or blown up in a seemingly random terrorist attack.

Something tells me my parents fears were more grounded in reality that your parents.
>>
US

Don't go outside at night or a pedophile drug dealer will grab you and throw you into his van
>>
>>18203998

Haha, this.
>>
>>18203913
I'm in Michigan for college. Where might one find this dogman?
>>
SE USA: "Don't go outside after dark. That's when the pedophiles start hopping off the trains and kidnap little kids."

>Literally live 5 minutes from train tracks.
>Fuck you Great Grandma.
>>
>all these tough guy posts

Sorry your family members didn't have the imagination to make you squirm with fear for fun while your minds were still malleable enough to believe in this shit
>>
>>18203998
exactly this

bklyn ny, 1990s, you don't need to be told anything, you know what goes on in the street
>>
>>18204294
northern Michigan lower Peninsula. deep woods I'm in the thumb and have seen it once but sightings this south are rare.
>>
>>18204411
>being this upset that not all parents lie to their children
>>
>>18203841
i dont remember a story for specifically at night, but my mom's best friend would stick me behind the bed between the frame and the wall and tell me that 'the booger monster' was going to get me. for some reason, it gave me an extreme fear of gray aliens, probably because of this psychedelic ass poster my mom used to have above our bed. i dont think she ever even said what the booger monster was.

from then on i feared that every stranger was an alien wearing thin human flesh
>>
File: 1472318451952.png (234KB, 434x355px) Image search: [Google]
1472318451952.png
234KB, 434x355px
>>18204444
They told me about child molesters too, my family just liked to fuck with kids cause it's fun

You can be scared of rapists AND ghosts when you're under 9 years old.
>>
I think they were tired after the first three kids.
>>
>>18204471
>my family just liked to fuck with kids
>>
>>18203841
Greek: the nigger will come take you
>>
yowies
>>
My great grandma used to tell my dad and his brothers and sisters to not go off the porch at night or the niggers will get them. US
>>
South park, co

A big scary monster will eat you
>>
>>18204519
Midwest...
Grandma said on monday nights nothin ever good happens because its nigger night
>>
File: 18205005.jpg (137KB, 921x606px) Image search: [Google]
18205005.jpg
137KB, 921x606px
>>18205005
The problem is I am certain I am not the only one to think my way.
>>
>>18204411
Slammed by these quads. >>18204444
>>
>>18204442
Ah. I'm even further south, near Coldwater.

I'll have to find a way to get up there.
>>
>>18203949
Maybe his parents didn't believe it and just told him that so he would behave.
>>
File: 1456386577148-3.png (312KB, 487x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456386577148-3.png
312KB, 487x310px
Pennsylvania

"Don't open the door for strangers or the gypsies will spirit you away."

Worked too, I was always terrified to open the door.
>>
>>18205097
>tfw gypsies turn you into anime
>>
Missouri
Don't stray into the wetlands at night or the Twisted Shambler will drag you under the murky water. It is a dirty, sinking, tangled mass of roots and vines. Dad used it to explain why duck hunters would be found dead in the marsh.
>>
South Texas.

The Lechuza will get you if you misbehave. Not even Mexican desu. "Boogeyman" didn't quite cut and my asshole mexican neighbor lady who babysat me scared the fuck outta me with that shit so my mom adopted it.
>>
Sweden, only local stories about the black forest which i live in (it's literally its name), you go into it you'll get lost and never come back.
Can confirm that it's difficult to navigate in, easy to get lost.
>>
File: vtx.jpg (5KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
vtx.jpg
5KB, 246x205px
nothing that i can think of now....
but shit has been going down here in my town the last two weeks that might put the children here in my town on concern

>Victoria, tx (yes of PT fame not about her tho)
>last wednesday morning Bloomington tx (20 mins outside victoria)
>young boy 12, stuck by car early morning
>hit and run, driver still hasn't been found
>no witnesses
>2 days ago young girl 10-13 found dead in wooded area south part of the city limits
>police still won't say if it's homicide or anything

>shits going here
>>
>>18203841
>stories

I was told the truth muthafucker.
>men will drag you into their cars and rape you
>>
>>18203841
Hungary
My great-grandfather always told me that don't wander off because there are "Prikulics"s out there.
I always thought that it's just some cute word that he made up.

My face when: not too long ago I randomly remembered this and googled the word
"Prikulics is the Transylvanian term for werewolf."
>>
>>18203841
México, Sinaloa, Mazatlán

No salgas de noche o "El Coco te comera" (Don't go outside at night or The Coco will eat you)

Si te portas mal "El ropavejero te metera en su saco y te robara" (If you behave ad The ropavejero will drag you in his bag and kidnap you)

Si juegas cerca del ganado "El chupacabras te matara" (If you play around the cattle The chupacabras will kill you)

Si juegas cerca del rio de noche “La Llorona vendra por ti" (If you play near the river at night the Llorona will come for you)
>>
>>18203841
Staliningrad

"Go outside, it's fine, we killed all the nazis already. THROUGH THE GATES OF HELL AS WE MAKE OUR WAY TO HEAVEN! THROUGH THE NAZI LINES! PRIMO VICTORIA!"
>>
>>18203949
Maybe his parents didn't live in a dangerous shithole
>>
File: dino_buzzati_babau.jpg (19KB, 380x286px) Image search: [Google]
dino_buzzati_babau.jpg
19KB, 380x286px
Lombardy
Nothing /x/ related, but parents usually warned me about gypsies and niggers

My grandma used to tell me about the babau, which is kinda the italian version of the sandman, just with nothing to do with sand, just a being that goes around eating children dreams

>>18205174
kek
>>
>>18205155
I'm also from Victoria. What do you mean by
>of PT fame
?
>>
>>18205155
and RIP Kevin super sad. Hope the cunt gets caught very soon
>>
>>18205230
unless you're the cunt and you're bragging about it........
>>
>>18205234
i promise im not
>>
File: 1411450513887.jpg (33KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1411450513887.jpg
33KB, 413x395px
>>18203841
>tfw you grew up in a christian household and your parents didn't put urban legends in your head

not even santa
>>
I"m from australia, no stories required.
>>
La Llorana
>>
>>18205250
No urban legends, just a bunch of archaic religious bullshit.
>>
>>18205144
Vart i svea land ligger den här skogen?
>>
>>18205250
> no urban legends
> christian household

Topkek
>>
>>18203867
So fucking true.

Also my mother used to tell me about the
>copper-dicked owl
Also known by it latin name the bubo cupropenis
>>
Homem do saco (garbage bag man)
>>
>>18205209
Hes retarded .dont mind him
>>
>>18203841
Banshee's, seeing one sitting by a lake combing her hair killed fucking Cu Chulainn for fuck's sake
>>
1986 kid so all I ever got was "watch out for crack heads"
>>
>>18205093
Barrie?
>>
>>18204294
traverse city my dude. i'm in GR, but my bestie is from traverse and has a handful of stories from her finnish grandfather regarding dogman. and as if i needed to say it; the more north you go, the spookier shit gets. don't even go near the UP unless you're ready to hate nature for the rest of your life
>>
>>18204471
Its not fun to scare kids for no reason, you edgy faggot.
>>
>>18205250
Your childhood sounds boring and desolate as fuck

>being proud of being a square
>>
>>18206361
Hillsdale

>>18206454
My family spent a week at a cabin in the UP 3 years ago. Didn't see anything, but we did spend most of our time out at Whitefish Point, Mackinac Island, or at the beach. We didn't go in the woods.
>>
This looks like bait, but I'm not lying about this
>Don't go out late or you're gonna get shot by some nigger
Grew up in super southern family
>>
Africa: the white man will take away our kingdom
>>
Hello this is the ghost of Saga Steve. Get back to your Western Heritage reading, anon. Oh and stay away from the arb pond at night. I haunt it now, too, and I'm not the only one.
>>
>>18204442
>>18206454

I'd like to see it, but I'm a few states away. According to the sightings map, I have a few reports near me.

I saw something back in July on some railroad tracks at night, but it was so far away it could've been a bigfoot instead. Bright red eyeshine and very fast, jumping off the tracks and into the brush with one great leap from something you'd see from Until Dawn.
>>
>>18206781
Africa: the black man will sell out the other blackman because of petty greed
>>
File: 1475813064764.gif (764KB, 158x197px) Image search: [Google]
1475813064764.gif
764KB, 158x197px
>>18206486
I sincerely doubt you know what fun is
>>
File: 1474259769024.jpg (98KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
1474259769024.jpg
98KB, 600x823px
>>18203841
I live in the Bay Area, CA.

>tia rojna
not sure how its spelled but its spanish and sounds like theea row nah
>lady who drowned her kids
>now she wonders around wailing for her children
>takes other little kids to a stream so she can drown them too
>>
>>18203938

This

You'll be raped and cut up into tiny pieces, said in the nicest way possible to get the threat of such across
>>
>>18204294
It's also sighted in southern and central Ontario, Quebec, the Midwest in general, and the Maritime provinces of Canada. It takes some digging, but there's people looking into these creatures all across those regions. Was disturbed to learn a sighting occurred a mere twenty minute drive from my quiet Ontario city in the last couple years.
>>
>>18206486
Wow, your kids are going to have really boring, sheltered lives. Ask any parent who had kids before the year 2000 and they'll tell you all the BS/scary stories they told their kids.
>>
>>18206500
don't you know it's hip to be square
>>
>>18207128
Also it totally is fun to scare kids
>>
>>18203841
Coyotes was the common one, which we did certainly have a lot of coyotes where we lived.

As for paranormal stuff, I was told that if I tried to go outside at night, hands would come out of the ground to grab me, and I'd have to stay there all night until the sun rose.

One day, I was playing in the rain, and it was getting dark, but I was having fun, until I jumped into a mud puddle and my feet got stuck. I immediately started screaming like crazy. My mom ran out and pulled me from the ground, but my sandals stayed in the mud. Shit freaked me out.
>>
>>18207203
Illinois btw
>>
>>18203841
>Germany
Nah, just a muslim immigrant lurking.
>>
> UK
Don't go out at night, some cunt'll bottle ya or come at you with a butter knife
>>
>>18207183
It is. It's fun to scare adults, too. Kids are just easier to do it with, and just like adults, they have a bit of fun with it.
>>
>>18205250
JDUB?
>>
>>18203841
>don't go on the mountain, anon, there's mountain lions

>don't go wandering. a hobo child molester might get you
>oh yeah, ill fight him!
>hobos do drugs, anon, he probably won't feel it.
>>
>>18207439
THIS
>dad tells me a man could snatched me up and take me away
>"I'll kick him in the balls,dad!"
>you won't have time between him grabbing you from behind, wrapping a rope around your neck then dragging you off
>"oh.my bad."

>one night when Im a little older
> I see flashlights sweeping the yard across from us
>the people who lived there moved away years ago and we were pretty deep in NC country.
> I was 13 maybe
>all the memories of child molesting murderes came flooding back
> tries to be semi-brave by cracking the door and yelling
>"Who's out there?"
>They didn't fucking answer.
>"Who the fuck is out there!?"
>"Police, go back inside right NOW!"
>wave my hand so the motion light would come on
>I can see indeed they are cops
> both with dead silent German Shepards with them, noses to the ground
>"SON, TURN THE LIGHT OFF RIGHT NOW, GO INSIDE!!"
>panic,slams door,lock it, pull all the curtains closed and keeps all the lights off.

I was so fucking spooked like, who the fuck were they looking for? I called my mom and begged her to come home like a bitch.
>>
File: dzFDPGD.gif (4MB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
dzFDPGD.gif
4MB, 400x373px
>>18205435
>copper-dicked owl
>>
>>18203938
Same, my mum was quite paranoid about abductions because there were a few of girls the same age as her when she was young who it happened to. She didn't let me play in the front garden unless she was there, never let me walk to school until i was pretty old etc.

>She's paranoid about stranger abductions
>got molested by her brother anyway

J-jokes on you, mum
>>
>>18207263
>go on /x/
>Thread about scary stuff you were told as a kid
>THIS is the first thing you come up with

Some people, I swear.
>>
Im Dutch but this is really specific to the street i grew up on;
Dont go to the houses at the end of the street, you wouldnt want to find out whay goes on there.
There were 2 houses next to eachother one abandoned and one that noone lived in but it was fully decorated and had lights on timers.
Went back the other day people live in both of them now, still find them creepy tho
>>
>>18204581
Underrated post
>>
I have a vivid memory of my mother telling me about the Homo-Nigger In The Woods.
It was a way to keep me and my little brother away from the deep parts of the woods when we were very young.
>>
>>18207937
[cont.]
Later on I had a friend sleeping over and I told him about it, he got shit scared.
Just imagen being around 5-7 and hearing from your parent that there is a big Homo-Nigger in the woods that will fuck you. Yeah, "great" parenting.
>>
Scotland:
don't go outside or you'll get stabbed
>>
central texas here, my mother always told me to not go out at night because of wolves and mountain lions.
>>
File: 1473213614274-x.jpg (19KB, 284x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473213614274-x.jpg
19KB, 284x300px
I grew up in a holler along the border of Virginia and Kentucky.

The monster me and my cousin were told about was a real man, his name was Goose Egg.

He was this hairless hermit who lived in the woods where we played.

Goose Egg burned down the house where his wife, wife's mother, and his newborn daughter were. Killed them and went into the woods.

School bus went by the burned down, brick, house.

He really did live in the woods too. We found his shelter. I remember how to get there. Whether it is or not, I don't know. I imagine he's dead, it's been twenty years.

Saw him a few times throughout the years.

I still think about him a lot.
>>
>>18207948
Scotland ??? Bern there and would have bet on anything scary, but nothing that mundane coming up. I thougt it extremely peaceful there, at least in the Highlands.
>>
>>18205250
same
mom just used to tell me not to associate with certain people
and she was right to an extent
>>
>>18203930
Nice try skinwalker
>>
Tennessee
>skinwalkers
>blair witch
>crazy incest ridden hillbilllies
>shit to that effect
[spoiler]>country music[/spoiler]
>>
>>18207955
jesus christ
>>
>>18208225
Yeah, right. It was a pretty weird thing.

They told us that if we were bad, that Goose Egg would take you in the night into the woods with all the other bad kids.

Actually seeing him was as horrifying as the stories let on.

Plenty of stories if anyone cares to hear them.
>>
>>18203883
does the goatman legend reach down to the border? My friends in West Texas heard it as kids (this is assuming you're closer to being "south texas")
>>
File: ragnbone.jpg (110KB, 590x456px) Image search: [Google]
ragnbone.jpg
110KB, 590x456px
There was an old "occupation" in England called rag and bone or scrapping. Basically a guy with an 'oss 'n rully (horse and cart), would roam the streets looking for unwanted household items and scrap metal. Wherever they went they'd shout "Rag and bone any rag and bone" or some variant, in a deep hollering voice so that it carried far and people would bring out their unwanted tat to the road side. Sometimes scrap yards would employ lads to do it for them and rent the horse and cart out or sometimes older blokes did it "freelance", its always dodgy sorts though, pikeys, ne'er-do-wells etc.

Anyway, the practice still continues in rural parts of the country and it was a regular occurrence where I grew up. Our parents all told us never to let the Rag and Bone Man see you or he'll put you on his cart and take you back to his shack in the dump. Whenever we heard his cries from the next street over we all scrambled into our back gardens and armed ourselves with whatever "weapon" we could. I even remember regularly running inside to warn my parents and they still played along with the act.

I don't resent them for it though, its good to have mysteries and adventure as a kid, plus it probably was worth staying away from those guys so they had less to worry about, leaving us to play alone.
>>
File: ragnbone2.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ragnbone2.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>18208480
and here's an original type rag n bone man.
>>
>>18206361
Stayner
>>
>>18208486
Also a really brutal film about the subject, not about child catcher types but about the trade in general and the involvement of young lads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLxOKou7Nc
>>
>>18208505
>>18208486
That ones pretty good, but I like this other film about them better. It really shows the squalor they live in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
>>
>>18203841

I was told the night trolls would kidnap me if I went outside at night alone.
>>
>>18203841
Tell us more about her. All I know are a water spirit, white spirits and talking snakes.
>>
File: gypsy.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gypsy.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>18203867
Croatia:
I live in small town and there was hoax story 10 years ago about white van and gypsies stealing kids who wandered on outskirts of town and selling their organs on black market.

No kids were allowed to play after 10PM outside, even in backyard of their own house.

Nothing actually happened, just mass hysteria.

I dont know if its more bizzare about gypsies stealing kids or afraid parents acting like in M. Night Shyamalan movie "The Village".
>>
>>18207104
You mean the llorna?
>>
>>18208237
Yes, please, continue!
>>
>>18209257
All of these stories are going to take place between '87 and '99, and in coal mining country. Just to give you some setting.

It wasn't uncommon for me, or me and my cousin, to just go into the mountains for the day. Fun stuff to do there. Mountain springs, waterfalls, mine shafts, those big vines that you can swing on. I really cherish the childhood I had, pre-internet and so on.

We had heard the stories, this happening some time in our parents upbringing (call it the seventies, maybe eighties).

I remember seeing his house before I saw him.

I was with my cousin, just exploring, looking for the fun stuff. We came upon a clearing, wasn't huge, maybe 20X20ft. The little shelter had an A-frame roof and was partially underground. The ground was littered with all sorts of useless junk. Tools, toys, trash. General shit. Two or three trails that led outside of the clearing, but I'll get to that in a bit.
>>
>>18203841
Crota
There is a legend that 6 brave warriors went into the abyss, only one returned...
>>
>>18203841
>Germany
If you go outside at night, you will get raped by group of handsome sandniggers
>>
Florida

My mom would always freak me out with stories about carnivorous jackalopes.
>>
Australia-
I wasn't told anything but I used to think something would get me if I went out, like a creature who wanted to kill me or something.
>>
There's junkies out
>>
>>18203883
rgv fag here. Shit would fuck me up all the time at night. Damn mexican parenting.
>>
>>18206454
UP anon here, I wouldnt worry about it
>>
>stories
Strange men will rape you and murder you. Don't fucking go out at night.

Don't know what kind of retarded parents make up shitty lies.
>>
Quite literally the police will get you through bs curfew laws.
>>
>>18208253
Nah, never was told me about a goatman as a kid. It was mostly lla lorona and other made up ghosts for me (some of my older cousins would make up bullshit stories of like high school kids who were ran over by the train right by my house, shit like that lol) though I'm more on the southwestern side of the border than the south south. Closer to El Paso than Brownsville.

Post it mang. I love desert urban legends and ghost stories. Always seem creepier cause it's so empty out here.

>>18210864
Same, even had a 2spooky nightmare about that bitch one time that I'll never forget. Mexican parenting is almost on a sadist level but it made my childhood have a sense of thrill besides "oh yea, don't stray too far btw or someone will kidnap you, rape you, burn your genitals and dump your body in the middle of the desert so nobody will ever find you" and shit, you know?

I remember when I was really little and they would start with a certain tone and the "la" and I would automatically start whining "nooooo pleaaase", it was funny.
>>
>>18207118
>>18207832
Our mothers were insane
>>
clearwater, florida

>the scientologists will get you
>>
i use to live in a trailer park on the queen Charlotte islands and next to the park was a forest

lining the forest were statues of wooden children...

my dad use to tell me that the statues were real children that had wandered into the woods and had gotten lost and that if i wandered in i would become one of the statues.
>>
>>18208678
Ha, yeah I was expecting Steptoe and Son
>>
>>18203841
Upper Palatinate, south-eastern Germany.
If you stay outside at night...
...bats will fly into your hair and you'll have to shave your head to get them out
..a variety of dozens of different gnome-like creatures will jump on your back and you'll have to carry them home
...you might get burnt by a firey landsquenet
...the devil might call for you and rip you apart if you answer him
...you might get caught in a meadow and not find out for a hundred years
...you might hear the cat-like crying of the Klagemutter (mother of sorrow) announcing your impending death or that of your family. You might even see her in the form of three-legged sheep
...the Nickel might crawl out of his pond and drown you

And so on. There a hundreds of varieties. Many of them have counterparts in other countries. The Klagemutter is very similar to the Banshee, it can even be bound to a certain family. Water spirits even have similar names. In Southern Germany it's Nickel, in High German it's Nöck, which is very similar to the Scandinavian Nökken.
Gnomes that jump on your back are known around Europe and usually connected to stories of drunkards on their way home.

Folklore might seem creative sometimes, but the truth is, they are all just copying from each other.
>>
>>18205165
Nagyapád érdekes ember lehet.
sok volt az acid woodstockon ?
>>
Mississippi
something something about junkies child molestation jokes.
>>
>>18205250
What about jesus you cunt ?
Its like a skinny better looking yet unfortunate santa
>>
>>18207750
Rézfaszu bagoly
>>
I live in socal and my folks told me I'd be kid napped and put into sex slavery. They had to be honest with me cuz when they tried to pull the boogie man will eat your soul that made me want to go outside even more. Grown up on horror movies does wonders to a child's fear. Love my folks though.
>>
Rural Washington

Mainly just coyotes. Some nights you could even hear them howling.
>>
>>18203841

anyone here from the Philippines?

I was born and raised in Tondo, Manila, Philippines. ghettoest city in the Philippines.
My mother didn't have to tell me any spooky stories to scare me from leaving the house at night.

> real life is scarier than any ghost stories.
>>
>>18203841
Isn't that what Merkel is doing to the indigenous German population now?
>>
>>18204517
This, and emus
>>
>>18205197
I'm from Italy too. My dad would tell me "don't be scared of the dark, its not like there's U BUCU or anything" or "il gatto co e 'recchie" (the cat with ears). The first term was probably some kind of boogeyman, but "the cat with ears" I never understood wtf does it mean.
>>
I grew up in a flat that bordered a playing field and park. To make sure I didn't leave the park /field my mum told me that the pub opposite the far exit, which was called the Brain Surgery, really was a place where they operated on people's brains. She said if went out of the field they would catch me and use me to practice on.

It was very effective, I believed it for years. Sadly it closed before I was old enough to have a drink there
>>
I'm from Brazil, and my parents used to warn me about homem do saco, which is a man that puts little kids on bags and kills them.
One time I was walking with my mum and she pointed at a random homeless dude with a bag and said that if I didn't behave he would take me. Obviously I was terrified and started screaming and crying until she took me home. Man, I was a coward piece of shit.
>>
>>18205250
Wait a second, Santa isn't real? Then explain to me how the present get under the tree every christmas, trees don't just spawn presents like some video game this is real life if santa didn't put them there then who did?
>>
>>18207867
>4chan is a site used by edgy underage teens solely these days
>Suprisingly enough teenagers aren't witty and practically overgrown kids with ego
It doesn't make sense??????????????????
>>
WA, USA

>"You can go outside if you want, just be sure to wear reflective clothing and don't accept tricks from strangers."
>>
>>18205174
RUNDADADUNDADADUN

PRIMO VICTORIA
>>
>>18203841
I live in Ontario. My parents always told me if I left my bed at night, the monster under it would drag me into the dark forever. Doesn't help that my brother would sometimes hide under the bed and grab my ankles too. Whenever I asked my parents or older siblings, they'd just tell me that everyone who sees it never got away. I was 6 when they started telling me this shit.
>>
>>18212070
When i was real little my family would always tell me that i'd get molested or something and considering i grew up in a hood where i was like one of the 3 white kids it's kinda true.
but black folks are also a lil protective of kids to a point.
>>
Didn't have to tell me shit, outside was full of immigrants and arab gangs and inside was full of LEGO and vidya.

Such is life in shitty European suburbs.
>>
>>18205281
Fuck yeah we got enough to worry about with our deadly ass spiders and wildlife. Although depending on your background you may hear about the yowie if the wildlife wasn't enough. (I quite enjoy my night time bushwalks now though, it's the streets I'm scared of)
>>
>>18211292
Kek, pretty convenient name for you mum to use to warn you off it
>>
>>18203841
I grew up near a forest at my grandparents house, there were a couple of goat found with their legs torn of so people in the area came up with some really wierd ideas one of them was a Wendigo or Woodspirti kind of creature so my Grandfather told me that and if i ever wandered out at night i would get my legs torn off and bleed to death in the forest
>>
>>18207077
I can't tell if that's a midget or an amputee

Also
>USA
>Don't go out at night or you'll get shot/stabbed/beaten (tbf it was a shitty inner-city neighborhood so that's actually kind of reasonable)
>>
Hawaii.
the only spoopy stuff I remember was the same shit any Hawaiian kid hears. Don't answer to someone calling your name, especially in the forest, and night marchers. I guess it's different because a lot of parents actually believe in the Hawaiian myths and urban legends.

Oh and I remember my mom and her friends being too terrified to go to the bathroom at the drive-in theater because there was all these faceless lady stories.

My mom was going to beauty school and had the worse fucking mannequin head that had eyes and no mouth, which I guess was to help them cut bangs and shit, but my dad fucking loved terrifying me with it.
Usually my mom woyuld stop him but my worst memory was my mom calling me downstairs because she had something for me and right as I walked past our cupboard my dad flung open the door shaking the head at me. I ran upstairs hearing both of them laughing their heads off.
But if I was a 22 year old with a kid, I'd probably play pranks on his ass all the time too.
>>
>tfw too scary to even look out of the windows at night
>>
>>18213276
Scared*
And too retarded to write correctly
>>
File: Nøkken - Theodor Kittelsen.jpg (344KB, 1250x834px) Image search: [Google]
Nøkken - Theodor Kittelsen.jpg
344KB, 1250x834px
Nokken. Creature that lives in lakes and wells. Grabs people and drowns them.

Can also transform into a white horse. Will ride back to the lake and jump in and drown you if you mount it.

This is to get kids to stay away from water and wells. It worked on my older sister who was deathly afraid of nearing the well.
>>
>>18203841
east-germany (pre fall of iron curtain)
there are sickos and pedos out there, end of story no magical or religious bullshit
>>
>>18205119
Weird. I grew up in Missouri and never heard this. I grew up in St. Louis though so maybe it's from another area
>>
>>18203998

This is basically it, especially if you grew up in the 90s/early 2000s.
>>
>>18205093
Holy balls! I grew up in Quincy.
>>
>>18203841
>Murica
>"don't go outside at night or I'll slap you through a wall" - my dad
>>
File: wewegombel (1).jpg (45KB, 228x320px) Image search: [Google]
wewegombel (1).jpg
45KB, 228x320px
>>18203841
Indonesia:

>If you kids still playing outside after sunsets, wewe gombel (pic related) will kidnap you and hid you in her nest (tree).

Wewe gombel basically a ghost of dead woman who is obsessed with kidnapping kid, because in her past her kid died or something like that. Often depicted like Kuntilanak, but with large breast. When she kidnaps you and put you on her nest (tree), no one can find you. The tree will only look like a normal tree from outside, people can't see or hear you.

The only way to save you is to gather people from village, make a noise like they having a festival, so she's leaving the nest to check it out. When she left, the tree will go back to normal and people can finally find and save you.

The story is strongly believed in rural area / countryside. But not in big cities. Thug and criminals are more dangerous there.
>>
>>18207480
This happened to me

>HS
>in the back of the field with my rifle and IR lamp/optic looking for coons
>suddenly flashlights and dogs everywhere, spotlight sweeping the field
>don't know what to do, just hide in the grass
>crawl back towards the house, stopping when the spotlight swept near
>long gone by the time they get to where I was

Turned out another kid in my class had just shot 5 people a half mile down the road and was seen running in my direction

No one died though he just hit them in the legs and abdomen with a .22
>>
>>18203841
Nothing about going out at night since I was already scared of the dark but my parents and grandparents did threaten for the gypsies or bauke (singular: bauka - our version of boogeyman except there are more than one) to get me if I didn't behave properly.
>>
>>18205174
Except that Primo Victoria is talking about D-Day.
>>
File: Yowie-1-2.jpg (986KB, 1862x3057px) Image search: [Google]
Yowie-1-2.jpg
986KB, 1862x3057px
>Ausfagland, East coast
Never had much in the way of don't go outside or the ___ will getcha around here

but it was solidly understood that Yowie sightings were a thing, Causing grown men to get spoob'd hard.
>>
told me not to play in the woods or Haitians would chop me up eat
Me and use the remains for their voodoo shit which turns out was actually happening so eh
>>
>>18203841
Not really about going outside, but "the devil looks at the window at naughty kids" or something like that.
Poland.
>>
Argentina, Buenos Aires:
'If you're a bad boy and don't do as your parents say, "el hombre de la bolsa" (the Bogeyman) will come and put you inside his bag and take you somewhere nobody knows and eat you'
>>
>>18203841
The Ozarks.

The blue man, MoMo (Sasquatch) is out there, and probably hungry.

Some of my family legit believes he's real due to their perceived encounters with him. My Grandpa isn't credulous but he thinks its real. There are no stories of him eating people so I don't know why it works to keep us inside. I guess kids don't think that far ahead.
>>
East Texas, not really a regional thing, but this dude who trained fighting dogs was arrested in my hometown after some of them got out and mauled a person to death, and they told everybody they got them all, but there were still stories of dog attacks floating around, so kids starting spreading stories that they were the ghosts of tortured dogs who didn't survive his cruel training.

I later moved to a different town which was for a short while terrorized by "Duct Tape Man". There were lots of bike trails through forested areas that kids would walk or bike on to school. One day apparently a small group of girls walking home was chased by a man with duct tape over his mouth and wrapped around his arms and legs. There wasn't really any mythology to it, and to be honest it was probably just teenagers out taping (laying strips of duct tape in the road which stick to tires and make it sound like you have a flat) which was really popular at the time.
>>
>>18212183
So you are about twelve years old or from France?
>>
>>18203841
Tyrol, Austria
Come back when the mountains turn red for when the shadows of the mountains reach you, they keep you.
Around 5th December: The Krampus will get you. (which was really fucking scary cause they were running around grabbing you for real)
>>
>>18218739
damn, sounds really much more scary when it´s written down
>>
>>18207480
You just screwed up the whOle operation you pimple-shit fuck!!
>>
Louisiana.

Fucking loup garous
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.