[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've tried praying and worshiping many Gods and Goddesses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: VivecC0DA.png (4MB, 1440x2028px) Image search: [Google]
VivecC0DA.png
4MB, 1440x2028px
I've tried praying and worshiping many Gods and Goddesses over my life, but none have seemed to care about me, I feel like any divine being has abandoned me, anyone else like this?

Also religion thread and why you believe or have a lack of belief
>>
slay yourself to find out
>>
>>18201486
I like it. Most people need to believe in a creator or a purpose to feel as though life is worth living. If that means they have to live boring ass lives then that's cool. We all end up in the ground it doesn't really matter much what any one "believes"
>>
>>18201486
Why even Vivec?
>>
File: 2000px-ICXC_NIKA.svg.png (114KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-ICXC_NIKA.svg.png
114KB, 2000x2000px
>>18201486
There is only one divine being and he has no equal.
>>
>>18201486
any god that wants worship and praying doesnt deserve to be worshipped and prayed to.

anyone just being religious (praying, doing good deeds etc) just for divine redemption doesnt deserve divine redemption

a god, or the god certainly doesnt do things so you worship him, if he would have he would created everyone as religious.
on the other hand you shouldnt worship him so he can do stuff for you since that would make him your bitch.

if you worship and praise a god, do it for what he has done, and not what he could do to you, and he probably doesnt do stuff so you keep praising him, but because you were truthfull and honest, and living along his agenda (knowing or unknowingly) and gained his blessing that way.

at least that is the only kind of god i would worship
>>
>>18201573
What's this sigil mean?
>>
>>18201486
>anyone else like this?
Sort of, but it's an ambiguous thing since psychologically it's possible to subconsciously reject help or reject acknowledging it when it happens or worse: subconsciously experience internalized prejudice and want to believe one is abandoned because of the need to satisfy a perception of oneself or the universe. Which is similar to the first two except instead of just dismissing outside assistance one also subtly indulges self-destructive thoughts. I should clarify that the last one falls as much into narcissism as it does self-hate because it's possible for someone to think the universe is cruel simply to justify a biased hatred, as much as it's possible for someone to hate their flaws and weak will and want to believe the universe will punish them accordingly, no more no less, to absolve responsibility in self discipline. After all if there's a cosmic scale that balances everything no one ever feels they're beyond the tipping point of salvation. It's just a matter of enduring enough long enough.
That or they're just masochists and enjoy suffering.

There's a lot of back and forth I've done. In fact I should mention a lot of the above stems chiefly from earlier reflections on mundane social interaction simply re-applied to a supernatural scale. You can read the above talking about someone rejecting love and help from their friends and family as much as intervention from foreign forces. It's all about perspective.

cont.
>>
>>18201611
IC, XC=abbreviations for Jesus Christ in Greek and Slavonic, respectively. NIKA= "conquers" in Greek.
>>
>>18201605
>if you worship and praise a god, do it for what he has done, and not what he could do to you

Someone that gets it, I am amazed.
>>
>>18201621
Which is why I keep searching for things beyond myself, but not necessarily from anything or anyone in particular, to change my perspective positively.

Regardless of what the true nature of the universe is individually or relative to an individual the fact of the matter is it's incomprehensibly large and complex. Whether or not there are more horrors than wonders or vice versa there certainly must be more wonders than one human life can begin to appreciate.

Even if life isn't fulfilling I can at least choose to see it otherwise. That's all that really matters in the end, the individual experience. If it's all true, if any of it's true, then let me find a shred that makes all the lies seem insignificant. If it's all delusion, then let me choose my illusion.
>>
>>18201500
How can you be an atheist and not be a nihilist? If you believe it really all is meaningless, why don't you blow all of your money on coke and hookers and then die in a shoot out with police?
>>
>>18201605
This.
>>
>>18201636
Probably because crack and std's do nothing to prolong his already short existence?
>>
>>18201649
Why prolong it?
>>
>>18201486
I fucking love Morrowind so much. I can't wait until my less shit computer gets fixed so I can play it. Jesus I'm so fucking hyped. I hate how long it's taking.

I need. To play. Morrowind. Fuck.
>>
>>18201611
It's a christogram. IC XC, NIKA.
IC XC = Jesus Christ
NIKA = Victory.
>>
File: Hexagon cube.jpg (40KB, 802x700px) Image search: [Google]
Hexagon cube.jpg
40KB, 802x700px
>>18201486
here is a thought: we know the elites worship lucifer/moloch which you can see at bohemian grove. now lucifer is associated with saturn. saturn has a hexagon on its northpole. put triangles on the flat sides of the hexagon and you get the star of david, put 3 lines inside it you get a 3D cube (look at pic related) like the black one in mecca where people walk even around in circles like the rings of saturn. open up the cube you get the christian cross.
now in the bible it says we shouldnt worship tin gods or false idols, yet we have those things? considering the symbolism, in christianity the idol is even lucifer killing the messiah. thats what people pray to. the elite made all the abrahamitic religions worship lucifer without them even knowing.
now if there is something behind those believes i dont know. but im pretty sure thats what the elites believe, and thats what they did, and if its real the symbols might lead to all the "mememagic" we put into those symbols we think we are giving god actually to lucifer. and people wonder why their prayers arent heard.
>>
File: 1475202304492.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475202304492.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
you are god you are the only one who cares you are the one who dose.
>>
>>18201660
Ask him not me, I believe. Just applying a drop of logic into the conversation.
>>
>>18201486
I used to believe in the Christian god, I was raised to follow that shit, but every time something good happened, it'd follow up by something twice as bad. So when I asked god about it, more shit was thrown in my face and I stopped believing in him and began to go on my own path to have a relationship with the Creator and so far it has gone well. He has opened up my eyes and doesn't judge me for not worshiping him because we all worship him whether we choose to or not.
>>
>>18201708
Christianity doesn't promise a good life.
It's idiocy to abandon the religion because of suffering.
>>
>>18201714
Why should I waste my time on a god who brighten things up just to throw double the shit at me? I abandoned that religion out of free will and I have been happier since then.
>>
>>18201714
>>18201725

Why does everyone keep confusing Jesus with God?
>>
I think god and satan are the same entity sort of. if god made everything and everything is god then god is satan and satan is god?
respect both of them I guess?
my opinion changes daily.
>>
>>18201732
Because Protestantism.
>>
>>18201732
Jesus is a manifestation of God.
>>
>>18201732
Jesus is one part of the Holy Trinity.
>>
>>18201735
One of the oldest creation epics mentions this very thing.

It describes existence for lack of a better term splitting itself into two parts.

The two parts coexist for a short time before one half becomes annoyed with the other and declares war.
>>
>>18201725
You are assuming that 'shit' has substance and that God directly causes it.
>Why does everyone keep confusing Jesus with God?

It is a core doctrine of Christianity that Jesus is the incarnation of God.
>>
>>18201756
The original trinity is (in modern terms): The father, the son and the holy ghost.

Not

That guy in town square telling us what we want to hear.
>>
>>18201771
And God caused that incarnation of himself.
And yeah, I do link it to him. If God gave a shit, this world wouldn't be in the rut it's in. You shouldn't defend a religion that's set on controlling you and stripping you of your own free will. Free will doesn't exist till you can choose to make good or bad decisions.
>>
>>18201750
So are you.

Your point?
>>
I dunno man. I tried Discordianism as a joke but now I feel like Eris exists and cares about me. I don't worship her but I like her a lot.

I mean, if she took corporeal form I might go for some fetishy body part worship or something but that's pretty different.
>>
>>18201780
>Free will doesn't exist till you can choose to make good or bad decisions.

A key part of the old pre-christian teachings...
>>
>>18201486
Pray to La Santa Muerte. She accepts all
>>
>>18201789
>Eris exists and cares about me.

Good luck, friend. May those that search you out be merciful in their judgement.
>>
What's wrong with being happy with the universe as it is? Does meaning have to be something focused and revolving around you?

I mean, the cosmos, nature and shit is pretty awesome and meaningful in itself. So are people, at least people you have relationships with. When you die all this stuff continues, what's the problem? That's your after life: stuff continues after your life.
>>
>>18201800
>May those that search you out be merciful in their judgement.
What does that even mean?
>>
>>18201811
Look before you leap?
>>
>>18201789
Ha, interesting. Yeah, some Discordians end up taking it strangely seriously.
>>
>>18201811
Vague Christfag/other orthodox religion threat, probably.
>>
>>18201784
I don't remember being a holy being who creates miracles in an instant.
-
>>18201790
And not a lot of Christians realize that. If you're in a garden, and you only know good, you have no free will. Lucifer had to come and say, eat this fruit so you know what is good and bad. That's where freewill came into play.
>>
>>18201836
>Lucifer had to come and say, eat this fruit so you know what is good and bad.

That is another hijacked and rewritten story.

In the original Enki offered mankind knowledge. It was not an act of sabotage but rather an attempt to prevent us from creating current plight.
>>
>>18201869
I'm just talking about Christianity at the moment, spare me the other stuff.
>>
File: 084.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>18201776
>>
>>18201836
>I don't remember being a holy being who creates miracles in an instant.

A projection of God is a very broad term. We are all products of his will and we all project his likeness to a degree. It is kind of hard to avoid.
>>
>>18201890
We were made in God's image, meaning we're builders and all that bullshit. The main thing he gave humans was dominion over spirits. Solomon found that out and that's how he became as wise as he did.
>>
>>18201909
I believe he gave us free will.

Whatever we manage to gain dominion over is entirely up to us.

If the power we gain or the workings we engage in threaten the existence then his emissaries will attend to the problem.

Most people lack dominion over themselves let alone "spirits".

My "key" has sat on a bookshelf for several decades...
>>
>>18201982
As you can see, I lack dominion over simple typos...
>>
Have any of you had experience of speaking in tongues ? I was raised in a church like that and I did feel gods presence ... even when I go back to visit it's amazing how the holy spirit works ...
>>
Find a god that maybe your ancestors worshiped, or at least a deity from your ancestor's country.

That's what I got that finally responded to me, but I feel like they all kind of appreciate being noticed again.
>>
Maybe you have to find something else.
Something inside you rather than external.
>>
>>18201486

>be raised Christian
>use construct to gain understanding without ultra rigid adherence to all dogma because stories written by fallible humans trying to explain the unknown mega structure of all things in the universe and our place within it

1.) Impossible to know everything about everything.

2.) Spirituality and connection to the rest of the universe is important because we're all part of it.

3.) If it's all bullshit then what does it hurt?

4a.) If it's real then you'll be severely fucked on Judgment Day.

4b.) Why take that chance?

5.) Just because nothing comes to you does not mean it's not real.

6a.) Evil is real.

6b.) As inherently good creatures we must ward against it.

7a.) Live good life.

7b.) Leave good energy.

8.) Don't be a faggot >>18201663
>>
>>18201573
This, also what so many fail to realize when praying/ talking to Christianity/deisms God (I am) is that he isn't a genie nor is his work visible
>>
>>18201780

>You shouldn't defend a religion that's set on controlling you and stripping you of your own free will.

The people within the religion attempt to control others because they are people (who are inherently flawed). This is defined as sin in and of itself.

The message of the religion is to be a good person, avoid/fight evil and help your fellow man. Sadly this message is lost on many people.

Also, it doesn't strip you of free will because you just proclaimed you abandoned its practice out of your own free will. If your free will was stripped then you wouldn't have been able to leave the religion in the first place, and been all "Gooble-gobble! Gooble-gobble! One-of-us! One-of-us! One-of-us!"
>>
File: vjY6QdPB.jpg (32KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
vjY6QdPB.jpg
32KB, 400x399px
>Just come with me to Church once Dawg."

>Sure, it could be interesting to see what it's about."

>See, that wasn't so bad, right?"

>I guess. Everyone was so happy and friendly."

>Want to go again next Sunday?"

>I dunno..."

>We're all going to grill steaks after."

>Yes!"

>What do you think of Church now?"

>The pastor gave some pretty good advice. Everyone was so happy to see me again."

>How do you feel about Church now?"

>It isn't what I expected, it's actually fun."

>I know? Everyone thinks it's some chore. So see you next week?"

>I'm not Christian, I'm agnostic and think there's no evidence or agument for God."

>That isn't a problem, we accept everyone at Church. Besides, don't you want to see Sally again?"

>Sure, what's the harm?"

Bit by bit, the communicable memetic parasite burrowed into Billy's brain as his church participation became habitual. It altered the pathways of his brain, he began to question as to whether evidence or argument was needed for belief. Everything made so much sense and felt so natural. Then the parasite's proboscis would reach the very core of his psyche, injecting the most powerful drug of all, Love. Billy would feel God's love as an actual experience, and love God in turn. This was now a reality to him, God was his waifu, he had become... a Christian.
>>
>>18206800

Lo, the Lord said, let there be dubs -- and it was good.
>>
The divine is your life, dude. How can the divine ever be separate from you? It's impossible.

This life is the divine realm. It contains the entire play of duality perfectly, right here. This is heaven and this is hell. This is the realm of gods and goddess and the One god itself.

Any gods and goddesses you seek are just aspects of the one divine. And that one divine is the very fabric of your life.

You can't escape it. You can't grasp it. You can't see it. You can't know it. But you are it totally and forever.
>>
>>18206801
Oh twentysomethings
>>
>>18201767

And both parts will then split themselves... and those splits will split, and so on. Until all is one.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.