[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok lets have a logical thread about what happens after we die.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

Ok lets have a logical thread about what happens after we die.
I assume it'd be a lot like before we were born...nothing.
We are just egos born from a cosmic abyss and when we die our egos dissolve and go back to being everything.

Another thing I think is because of the DMT being released if we cant accept death we have a bad trip for enternity or if we accept we trip and go into the abyss happy.
>>
>>18197508
You pretty much just ended your own thread, friendo
>>
You're right, because the mind is an emergent property of matter. When that matter can no longer support this, the mind ceases to function, and the matter continues to be matter.

There is no "going back to being everything" because it was in the first place: matter is all part of the same system of the universe. Even your phenomenological experience is inextricably tied to the world around you.
>>
I don't know what happens. Simple as that. We can speculate and claim all we want, but no one will find out until we get there or someone comes back from the "other side" and reveals themselves.
>>
>>18197916
>I don't know what happens. Simple as that. We can s
Not to imply that there is or isn't an afterlife.
>>
>>18197508
Bad trip for eternity sounds awful.
>>
This view worries me quite a bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd1Q7autTkg
>>
Reincarnation cuz muh energy can't dissipate. Only change form.
>>
>>18197508
Well on a fundamental level we are nothing but matter, albeit a complicated one. When we die, our "consciousness" may go away, but the fundamental building blocks of consciousness remain.

So if we consider the Law of Conservation of Mass, then the logical assumption is that death isn't real, but rather a name we give to a process we don't understand. The truth is we are simply not capable of understanding what it means to be alive, so trying to know what death really is is not only silly but a waste of time.
>>
File: 1459683479666.gif (272KB, 500x568px) Image search: [Google]
1459683479666.gif
272KB, 500x568px
I find it comforting to think reincarnation is a thing, but what can we prove? Those stories of reincarnated children who apparently remember sit from their past lives sounds rather fake. But I'm still rooting for it.
>>
>>18197508
hopefully we become energy and can go off into the universe and explore....my luck I run into a energy eating entity. EEE for short?
>>
>>18197516
This.
>>
>>18197530
I generally agree, but consider this. Maybe identity can continue. With enough time, maybe the exact same properties that assemble to produce your consciousness are put together again. Would it be a clone or would it be you ? Unfortunately we don't know enough about the brain to answer this, but it's an interesting thought experiment.
>>
File: cofee1.jpg (245KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cofee1.jpg
245KB, 900x900px
>>18197508
Have you ever heard of the term "Quantum immortality"

simple explanation your consciousness is living like an action hero from a bad 80's film in which when ever a life or death event happens you always "just" make it, the bus just miss's you, you climb out just in time, the bullet just grazes you, etc.

The concept is that you do in fact die or have died multiple times but as the universe has all results occurring simultaneously the only thing defining the results is when they are observed. eg things are true and false, dead and alive until they are observed in which case the end result is fully determined.

So essentially every time you fuck up and die, your consciousness is shunted into one of the alternate options in which you do not die because if you die you are unable to continue observing the results.

How ever this is happening simultaneously with every living thing on the planet, so from someone else's perspective or more to the point, from within their respective reality, you did die, or that version of you died in that case. Much like how in your perceived reality they may or may not have died in the past or near to distant future.

If i am right, well fuck immortality for all in the most horrifyingly boring sense. If I am however wrong, well... I will never know because I will be dead.

But having said that so far I have nearly drowned 6 times in my childhood, had 8 near miss's involving heavy machinery and few very... interestingly turbulent aircraft flights to which i was surprised we arrived at our destination, mind you with more bruises then when the flight began. not to mention a variety of, close calls and fun illness's. All of which can be explained away as to why i recovered or survived but its an interesting thought experiment non the less. I certainly hope I am wrong though.
>>
We are the fabric of existence, the universe perceiving itself. There are no such things as separate events, like a wave in the ocean, we are a wave of the universe.
>>
>>18200222
I like this theory. Ties in with multiverse theory and that our conciousness continues after death.
>>
>>18200222
I opened an industrial pressure cooker while it was fully pressurized at work. I pulled my arm out after I realized gallons of scalding oil were spraying on it. It wasn't even red, just a few specks of insignificant burns. The thing is, is it should have shot the pressure out at an insane speed. It didn't happen though, and the maintenance guy called it a miracle.
>>
OH MY FUCKING GOD PEOPLE HOW HARD IS IT TO JUST SAY THAT YOU DON'T KNOW! ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF THE UNKNOWN THAT YOU HAVE TO TELL YOURSELVES LIES JUST FOR PEACE OF MIND?!
>>
>>18200498
Well it's good thing that attractiveness isn't the same thing as accuracy.
>>
>>18201086
Obviously
>>
>>18197508
More importantly, why does googling this album yield no results?
>>
>>18201433
Found one song

It's kinda shitty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpNUh-5D-4
>>
I have read scientific articles on the theories of life after life, or events thereof if not alive per se, but almost all of these speculative ideas are conjecture and babble.

Likewise, religions all around the world spout conjecture and babble.

Clearly nobody knows what happens to us, and even some well-renowned physicists have made radical claims to our own lives as being nothing more than mere illusions and we are not actually alive! If so, and if people have become aware of their own existence, how come they are here and have not zero-summed?

Western religions all in their own way make the response to the "after" question not necessarily with the stories of God, damnation, and life in Heaven. Rather, Heaven to me is harmony with life, on earth, and after. However, aside from a few scary dreams there are few descriptions of Heaven. Jesus even spent more time telling people how to go to Heaven, and why they aren't going to heaven presently, and went *poof* some while after he died on the cross.

In one particular psalm, 139, tells of God's omniscience and declares he has known us even before there was anything. Still, nobody really seems to declare what will happen in the afterlife besides eternal punishment and waiting for the End Times - but that focuses on the clash of Humanity in Life and Death, I think. Okay, so you have arrived at your hour of death. What next? Nobody knows, and God hasn't told us what is really going to happen other than Jesus reigning for a thousand years, blah blah blah. Even so, what THEN?? This is how religion is impractical in our daily lives, our actions, but to me is more explicit in my spirituality rather than rationality. I can't rationalize how God will dictate my life if he already knows how my life is dictated. I think the "what, how, when, who, why" is all subjective and left to the alone observer.
>>
>>18201437
There is definitely worse sounding bands. I don't think they are shitty, just rather generic.
>>
>>18197516
/thread
>>
>>18197508
Your next life gets chosen by how you act and live your life in the last, there's a hierarchy of creature and life experience, human being at the top, although you can still suffer in a human life experience
>>
>>18197508
No such thing as a free lunch. Why do we have shame guilt or worry every action has a consequence. We have a lot to answer for.
>>
File: Hexagon cube.jpg (40KB, 802x700px) Image search: [Google]
Hexagon cube.jpg
40KB, 802x700px
>>18197508
you know the whore of babylon? the one trying to get you with false prophecies and wonders towards lucifer, lightbringer, the light? keep that in mind for a second

the number 777 is the number of god, the number 6 is the number of the human. 666 is the number of the beast, man trying to become god. trying to rise above others.

Also know that saturn is often associated with satan, is the 6th planet in the solarsystem, hexagon on its northpole is 6 pointed, satur(n)day is the 6th day of the week in most calendars. draw 3 lines into the hexagon on saturns northpole (there is actually a stormpattern in form of a hexagon on its northpole going on for at least some decades now) becomes a cube, that cube could represent a prison right? humans are carbon based lifeforms, carbon is the 6th elemenent with 6 neutrons, 6 protons, and 6 electrons, making a cube of the carbon would be 6x6x6 again. the earth is tilted on its axis by 23,4 degrees to the vertical axis, making it 66,6 degree to the horizontal ones. the more i look in it, the more i feel like this materialistic world is a prison.

so what comes when we die?
what if the whore doesnt appear in this world but in the next one, as someone we love, trying to make us go into the light, satan, the cube, the prison, maybe this is even hell, so we will be trapped in here, this materialistic world once again.

you know star trek? star trek was as far as i know strongly influenced by the freemasons, and we know they like to give away parts of their knowledge or plans in entertainment media. so what if its like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79lVNKthCw
>>
>>18201680
Hate to burst your bubble but the hexagonal shape in the storm can be recreated and explained. Also, the hexagonal shape is no longer there.

Kthxbaaaaai
>>
>>18201680
Carbon can have 2 or 4 electrons per shell. Not 6.
>>
>>18201680
Earth's axis can vary, from 22.1 to 24.5 degrees.
>>
>>18201711
any source on it dissappearing? and as far as i know there are some theories how it could happen, but nothing proven.

>>18201755
i didnt say per shell, but total 6
>>
>>18201772
sure it varies, but still soruces usually say "23,4 degree", and the middle of what you said is the 23,4 degree axis tilt.
>>
>>18201785
Sorry no current source on it disappearing. I believe I may have misread somewhere that it had dissipated.
http://www.space.com/30608-mysterious-saturn-hexagon-explained.html

Also if search for videos on this, it can be recreated. I'm on my phone so it's pretty difficult. Something about smaller cyclones can cause this shape to happen.
>>
>>18201818
yeah, i read about a few explenations, one of them being 6 smaller tornados/hurricanes at the corners creating the shape. but still it is weird that such a shape still exists after decades. creating it in a lab sure works, but on a planet where stuff is basically random to uphold that shape for that long sure seems weird.

im sure there is some natural cause to it, even though its maybe some part of nature we dont know about yet. but still it is odd, and also the symbology of the cube, the hexagon and other stuff related to it is pretty old making me wonder how ancients were able to percieve it themselves.
>>
>>18201843
Be careful that it isnt current knowledge mixed psuedoscientifically with older texts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5jqNFfxM0
>>
>>18201626
Morality is a social construct friendo. Guilt, as with all of our emotions, are just chemicals firing off in the ol' brain.
>>
>>18200222
I always wondered this, but what happens when you get really old?
>>
>>18197508
DMT IS NOT RELEASED WHEN YOU DIE

DMT HAS NEVER BEEN FOUND IN THE BRAIN

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION
>>
>>18197508
>lets have a logical thread about something we know literally nothing about
>>
>>18201523
>implying aliens
>>
>>18202556
That comment is just as false as saying DMT IS produced in the Brain. The truth is that, while we currently do not know where it comes from, trace amounts have been found in the human body, including the brain. It is a reasonable assertion that it is created by the pineal gland, but as said before, it is not conclusive.
>>
>logical discussion
>about philosophy

Ironically the first fucking sentence in the OP is illogical
>>
>implying we won't go to oblivion aka not experiencing anything ever again
>>
Nothing happens, you exist for a short time and cease to exist the concept of you will only exist in the memories of those who knew you soon to be forgotten
>>
For all questions regarding DMT in the human body, it is produced in the Pineal Gland of the brain.

http://www.tokenrock.com/explain-dimethyltryptamine--dmt--30.html
>>
>>18201086
>LIES
>UNKNOWN

huh
>>
File: images (8).jpg (5KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
5KB, 274x184px
I don't know what happens. The only people that do know have already made that journey.

I know what I believe. Most people know what they, themselves, believe, too. But no one really knows. And that's kind of exciting, isn't it? Terrifying, but exciting.
>>
>>18207121
Mostly terrifying.
>>
I want to believe reincarnation is real. I had this theory where we'd meet the same people, only in different forms ad infinitum.
>>
>>18200222
Like another anon pointed out, this fails to cover what happens when you eventually die of complications from old age. Death is inevitable, anon.
>>
>>18207138
I guess it depends on what that belief you have is. For me, death is incredibly comforting and something I do not fear. There is still much to do and live here on Earth, but when my day comes... I hope to greet it with a smile on my face and a skip in my step.

It was either Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter that said something about "Greeting death like an old friend."

That's the goal - to live both such a satisfying life that you have no regrets, but also that you have a healthy and deep understanding of death that you don't fear what's next.
>>
>>18201680
This is correct. The super elites try to keep you in a "frequency prison" where they can trick your soul into choosing to reincarnate back on the planet. This is mostly for like the stupid, unawakened masses though. Most of the people who post here actually probably chose to come down here fully aware of the current circumstances on Earth. This has been happening since the 60s, for reasons I won't disclose at this time.
>>
File: 1475596129229.jpg (76KB, 1200x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1475596129229.jpg
76KB, 1200x1117px
>you die
>universe decays
>trillions upon trillions of years later another big bang and universe repeats
>since you aren't conscious to perceive time you awaken in an instant and repeat your life the same in the new universe
>>
>>18207154
That was comforting. Thanks anon.
>>
>>18197508
I believe we are all just energy in a stable state. The entire universe is one grand energy pool that is just diversified throughout different forms. When we die, our consciousness ends, but the energy will remain in the universe. We will simply shed our egos and be that "Buddha" like state. I think..
>>
>>18199191
Youre thinking too locally. Everything is part of the same relative existence. "reincarnation" can be seen just by the energy transfer between predator and prey. The energy literally moves into the predator. Only difference being that energy triggers different synapses in the brain than it would in the previous vessel.
>>
>>18207154
>>18207184
You are right anon
>>
>>18207174
I hate this thought but my ex gf was convinced that was true. I don't like it though because my life has always been shit 80% of the time.
>>
>>18207841
I do agree that if the universe were to start again from the beginning, every thing would happen exactly the same. If you rolled a dice, then re-winded time, then played it again, I would imagine the dice would land on the same numbers in the same exact spot. However, there's not much science behind what will happen in the static state of the universe. Perhaps it will contract, and return to a low entropy state. Where would the energy come from to trigger that though?
>>
>>18197530
Matter is just energy at a stable state. Einstein's theory of relativity states this very clearly, and can be seen when matter is converted back into energy (Better known as nuclear energy). It is called that because you literally convert the nucleus of an atom into raw energy. Much like the energy the sun creates from converting matter into energy. Therefor, matter is energy in a "static" state. If you were to imagine the big bang as an event with immense immeasurable amounts of energy, you could hypothesize that the energy was converted into mass. Like you said, there is no "returning to everything" because we are everything. Not us as identity, but the energy that is everything is us. So I am not god, but god is me.
>>
>>18201086
I think it's okay to speculate without saying that you know something to be true. After all, that's how scientific progression starts.
>>
>>18200222
>"turbulent" aircraft experience.
>Heavy machinery close calls
>almost drowned
>straight baby infant peepee head
>>
>>18200222
you know... i sat in a room with a reptilian with a screwdriver in his hand and he said i was going to keep dying until I MYSELF got tired of the cycles repeating. No idea how many times i died. Basically every time i died i progressed to a new cycle where i either died again or stopped dying, but the whole experience seemed linear. worn out pissed off and seemingly bouncing in place with a screwdriver... I know for certain i died of a drug overdose when this body was 17 years old, since then i have encountered many occultish happenings but not everyone experiences the same phenomenon. layered intertwined mosaic that is reality is how i figure it. cheers to blowing up antarctica. shjts hitting the fan soon.
>>
>>18199191
Do you have more of these gifs? That's awesome
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.