[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

based on how angels are described in the bible, and demons are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: angel.jpg (116KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
angel.jpg
116KB, 500x451px
based on how angels are described in the bible, and demons are described in key of solomon. is there any way to tell angels and demons apart from visual information alone? (like angelic grace or whatever)
>>
>>18189591
No, not from appearances alone. It's sort of why you need foreknowledge and the proper prep to keep things in check, demand a name and depending on the response and behavior proceed carefully.
Generally it seems if there's some hesitance, ambiguity or flip-flopping that's your cue to be done with where that line of conversation.
>>
>>18189591
There is, it's not as hard as you think. Infact that picture you posted is a demon.
>>
>>18189591
Hexagrams can limit deception but they're certainly not foolproof.

Generally speaking an angel will want you to know who/what it is or why it's there. They don't exactly have much in terms of free will, and their interest in you is only as deep as the On High demands.
>>
>>18189591
They fill you with this indescribable primal fear, look in their eyes.
>>
>>18189617
well then what is it?
>>
>>18189617
I'm pretry sure that is a depiction of a throne, not a demon.
>>
>>18189591
Both demons and angels can radiate heat.

Demons however can generate unwanted cold feelings with the soul purpose of causing good people pain.

That is not to say angels cannot use cold to heal or protect or hurt evil beings in retaliation.
>>
>>18189618

While demons, on the other hand, are basically free agents. That's what makes them interesting and in some cases potentially dangerous.

I didn't have an easy answer to this one. There may not be one.
>>
>>18189591
I recall, when I was dying, Azrael's mercy. A voice, that told me, now was not my time, and a sublime calm and grace. Then I awoke.
>>
>>18189650
Well shit. I'm a demon if the lighting is correct.
>>
>>18189793
Demons have their loyalties with the king of hell. The free agents you discribe are more than likely old gods, Chaos beings or Demigods...
>>
>>18189807

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>18189811
One mythology is as good as the next, senpai.
>>
>>18189726
>>18189617
>>18189591
Nope it's a demon, that's one of their base forms. Honestly I can't be bothered at the moment, to explain why. This is one of my days off, and I'm quite busy.

I've told you what to look for, it's up to you to try and understand it more than what my explanation gives, as it is a hint. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will however tell you one more thing, it's a singularity, with rings swinging around it's core. The center is dark, yet produces light (Around the edges), that means the light is being bound by the darkness. Which means this is a polarized being of the evil variety.

Evil things tend to feed off of good, and vice versa. That is all for now.
>>
>>18189844

For your purposes, perhaps so.
>>
>>18189849
>Nope, it's a demon
>Honestly I can't be bothered at the moment, to explain why. This is one of my days off, and I'm quite busy.
You're a special kind of retard, huh?

>The ophanim or ofanim (Heb. "wheels" אוֹפַנִּים ’ōphannīm; singular אוֹפָן ’ōphān), also called galgalim (galgallim, גַּלְגַּלִּים - "spheres", "wheels", "whirlwinds"; sing. galgal, גַּלְגַּל), refer to the wheels seen on Ezekiel's vision of the chariot (Hebrew merkabah) in Ezekiel 1:15-21. These are first construed as angels in one of the Dead Sea scrolls (4Q405), and as a class of celestial beings in late sections of the Book of Enoch (61:10, 71:7) where (with the Cherubim and Seraphim) they never sleep, but guard the throne of God.

>These "wheels" have been associated with Daniel 7:9 (mentioned as galgal, traditionally "the wheels of galgallin", in "fiery flame" and "burning fire") of the four, eye-covered wheels (each composed of two nested wheels), that move next to the winged Cherubim, beneath the throne of God. The four wheels move with the Cherubim because the spirit of the Cherubim is in them. These are also referred to as the "many-eyed ones" in the late Second Book of Enoch (20:1, 21:1).
>>
>>18189858
Thank you for that. But you do know Fallen Angels and good old God's angels of light? The difference between Daemons and Demons?

You seem to be misunderstanding me, I'm already familiar with most of what you posted. It's just, I'm privy to some information that most aren't.

But anyways here is a link to get you started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(classical_mythology)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon
>>
>>18189913
I'm deeply aware of what Daimones in the Greek conception were, and moreover, the description of Iynges appear to mirror Ophanim.

But if you're going to clam the Ophanim of Ezekiel's vision were demons you're going to need some sort of Biblical or Midrash citation for me.

>privy to info
Or you're just another person roleplaying at spoopy hidden knowledge despite having never actually read through the core documents of the systems in question.
>>
Silly retards, they never come down to earth. Key of Solomon was a book written by some crazy person in the 1400's, it's rake and gay.
>>
>>18189945
I have, and no need to get all aggressive. I'm not trying to sound impressive at all, you know what. How about I just let you have this one. You've bested me, I'm going to go now.

But I do ask, just study some more. Not saying you're uneducated in the matter. Just that there is always more to learn. I wish you the best.
>>
>>18189975
>just study some more
I already maintain and research a library of about five thousand source texts and academic analyses.

Every week, no, ever DAY there's some fag on here who claims to have special secret knowledge nobody else does who then promptly fucks off when the slightest scrutiny is given to the concept being peddled.

Don't be that guy. Anything short of active participation only lowers the local quality.
>>
>>18189998
I know /x/ is annoying. But, yeah I guess I'm contributing in a bad way. It's just, I guess my heart it a little too in my mouth or in my hands. As if I know something I want to share it, to help others.

Problem is I bite off more than I can chew. So sometimes my posts are like half-commitments. I will say, I am not of that caliber. I do know what I am talking about, and not just same faggot trying to sound "Le cool".

Really, I don't know how to proceed with this as I can't divulge all of my information. I only feel comfortable giving summaries or sending you off in the right direction.
>>
>>18189998
But how will he ever feel special and get into the cool kids' club if he can't convince us what a radical special snowflake he is?
>>
>>18190023
Honestly I don't get anything out of this. My ego is already small and cares nothing for the admiration of those on /x/. Is there anything you want to know specifically, I can only give you short answers. Hopefully those crumbs are enough.
>>
>>18190061
Man I sound like such a faggot too. Ugh, sucks being in such a sucky position as I am being sincere, but at face value. I sound just like those I loathe on /x/.

The ones claiming to be "Le enlightened". I will have to painfully cop-out (For you and me, ripping off the band-aid) and leave this thread and get something to eat (starving).
>>
>>18189618
fucking /omg/ where
>>
>>18189849
>I am busy
>shut posting on /x/

Chose one
>>
>>18190061
Not the other guy, just adding my 2c. It is retardedly obvious that your ego is huge. So much so that you appear to have an ego complex about "having a small ego"

You are the kind of person that buys into their own bullshit whole heartedly and without pause.
>>
I believe heavily in God and the Bible and my understanding on what angels and demons are Please note this is my understanding, which could be wrong. :

Angels are beings created to serve God in Heaven, they have the ability to appear to whom they want when they want, an angel appeared in front of Balaam as he was riding his donkey, the donkey could see the angel, but Balaam could not.

Numbers 22:23
And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.

From what I understand if I'm not mistaken, 'Demons' are a title given to Satan and his Fallen angels who rebelled against God.

The fallen angels which were sent to Earth as 'Watchers' over early humans were of physical appearance and had sexual relations with the women of them times and bare children with them.

Genesis 6:1
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

These children, whom were the giants were born of flesh but were not of human spirit - upon death they would become 'Evil Spirits' to wander the Earth.

It's important to understand that God controls all spirits, good and evil.

We learn from the book of Job, Satan still has access to heaven and comes to present himself before God and God gives Satan permission to do whatever he wishes to Job and his family, so long as he doesn't kill him, to test his faith.
>>
We learn in the book of Kings how God works to influence events on Earth,

Kings 22:19
And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. 21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him. 22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. 23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

It's really important to understand what is happening here, there is an assembly in Heaven, God asks his spirits who will convince Ahab to go to war with.

God chose to use a lying spirit because Ahab rejected God's rebukes and warnings all through his life and the cup of God’s wrath was full. Since God is sovereign over all of creation, He is not restricted in what or whom He can use to accomplish His holy purposes. All of creation is under His authority, and He chooses to use people and spirits, both good and evil, to bring His divine plans to pass and bring glory to Himself. “He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: ‘What have you done?’" (Daniel 4:35). In the case of Ahab, God chose to using a lying spirit to accomplish His perfect and righteous plan (Psalm 18:30). The lying spirit will receive its punishment just as Ahab did, and those who repent of their sins will receive forgiveness just like Ahab could have.
>>
>>18190095
>>18190105
You're confusing ego with a misguided sense of wanting to help people. But I've decided that I'm not helping anyone here. As I physically (I really, really need to eat something right now) and morally (Knowledge is power, play with fire and get burned) can't at the moment.

I will say one more thing and think of me what you will. Angels are inter-dimensional god LIKE beings, and the ring shape is a derivative of what you would consider divine authority.
>>
>>18189998

Where do they come from?
>>
>>18190121

7/10

Best RP in a while.
>>
File: tree-of-life1.jpg (139KB, 300x597px) Image search: [Google]
tree-of-life1.jpg
139KB, 300x597px
>>18190282
>>
Demons and even Satan generally only get extremely vague descriptions in early texts. The images of demons that come to everyone's mind come from much more recent artists than you'd think.
>>
This world is an illusion as well as it is real.

There is what is and nothing else matters.
But what is there is not to be comprehended by human mind.
>>
>>18190296
o shit daath boi
>>
>>18190483
the game, you lost it. me too
>>
File: jambi-dispersion-the-sorcerer.gif (750KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jambi-dispersion-the-sorcerer.gif
750KB, 500x500px
>>18190490
>>
>>18189807
Who is the King of 'Hell'?
>>
>>18189591
Wait wait wait wait wait, aren't christian demons just fallen angels? They actually shouldn't be visually different, or am I wrong and ignorant?
>>
OP i am sure you will be able to feel the presence of evil or the presence of good... or if you are a Christian you may no this thing by determining the behavior of the being and whether or not it acts in a way that is Godly... on a further note, i do not think that demons exclusively take angelic forms or are/were angels
>>
File: angels.gif (258KB, 624x658px) Image search: [Google]
angels.gif
258KB, 624x658px
A Psalme of David. Plead my cause (O Lord) with them that strive with mee: fight against them that fight against me.

2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine helpe.

3 Draw out also the speare, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soule, I am thy salvation.

4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seeke after my soule: let them be turned backe and brought to confusion, that devise my hurt.

5 Let them be as chaffe before the wind: and let the Angel of the Lord chase them.

6 Let their way be darke and slippery, and let the Angel of the Lord persecute them.

7 For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soule.

8 Let destruction come upon him at unawares, and let his net that hee hath hid, catch himselfe: into that very destruction let him fall.

9 And my soule shalbe joyfull in the Lord: it shall rejoyce in his salvation.

10 All my bones shall say, Lord, who is like unto thee which deliverest the poore from him that is too strong for him, yea the poore and the needy, from him that spoileth him?
>>
File: Angel over Jerusalem.jpg (186KB, 1050x801px) Image search: [Google]
Angel over Jerusalem.jpg
186KB, 1050x801px
10 ¶ And Davids heart smote him, after that hee had numbred the people: and David sayde unto the Lord, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and nowe I beseech thee, O Lord, take away the iniquitie of thy servant, for I have done very foolishly.

11 For when David was up in the morning, the word of the Lord came unto the Prophet Gad Davids Seer, saying,

12 Goe and say unto David, Thus saith the Lord, I offer thee three things; chuse thee one of them, that I may doe it unto thee.

13 So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven yeeres of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three moneths before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three dayes pestilence in thy land? Now advise, and see what answere I shall returne to him that sent me.

14 And David saide unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the Lord (for his mercies are great,) and let me not fall into the hand of man.

15 ¶ So the Lord sent a pestilence upon Israel, from the morning, even to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to Beersheba, seventie thousand men.

16 And when the Angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord repented him of the evill, and said to the Angel that destroyed the people, It is ynough: stay now thine hand. And the Angel of the Lord was by the threshing place of Araunah the Jebusite.

17 And David spake unto the Lord when he saw the Angel that smote the people, and said, Loe, I have sinned, and I have done wickedly: but these sheepe, what have they done? Let thine hand, I pray thee, be against mee, and against my fathers house.
>>
>>18190701

If they have wings why are the walking up and down those stairs?
>>
File: tissot_hagar_desert374x600.jpg (34KB, 374x600px) Image search: [Google]
tissot_hagar_desert374x600.jpg
34KB, 374x600px
6 But Abram said to Sarai, “Behold, your maid is in your [f]power; do to her what is good in your [g]sight.” So Sarai treated her harshly, and she fled from her presence.

7 Now the angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur. 8 He said, “Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where have you come from and where are you going?” And she said, “I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai.” 9 Then the angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself [h]to her authority.” 10 Moreover, the angel of the Lord said to her, “I will greatly multiply your [i]descendants so that [j]they will be too many to count.” 11 The angel of the Lord said to her further,

“Behold, you are with child,
And you will bear a son;
And you shall call his name [k]Ishmael,
Because the Lord [l]has given heed to your affliction.
“He will be a wild donkey of a man,
His hand will be against everyone,
And everyone’s hand will be against him;
And he will [m]live [n]to the east of all his brothers.”

13 Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, “[o]You are [p]a God who sees”; for she said, “Have I even [q]remained alive here after seeing Him?”
>>
File: IMG_20161003_084142.jpg (173KB, 720x873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161003_084142.jpg
173KB, 720x873px
>>18189591
No.
https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf
>>
File: IMG_20161003_084837.jpg (161KB, 720x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161003_084837.jpg
161KB, 720x877px
>>18192569
Sorry, wrong page.
>>
>>18189591
No, anything Ethereal can manifest in any physical form. If it demands payment of the soul for ANYTHING it is demonic. If it demands servitude to something far higher than itself along with it and treats you as a baby or younger brother, you have an angel.

You can play along, but always read the fine print. Never sacrifice any ground to them. Be stubborn and steadfast. An angel of God will tell you to look within and find the answers yourself. After all God gave you senses and a mind to guide you.
>>
>>18190296

*golf clap*

>>18190549

That's why they finally threw me out of that AA shit-show. I just didn't find someone who wrote of, "Lord Choronzon", a credible voice. Her husband took it poorly, what with jrt new book coming out, and all.

>>18190682
>Wait wait wait wait wait, aren't christian demons just fallen angels?

Which just opens another can of worms.

>>18192829
>An angel of God will tell you to look within and find the answers yourself.

Or kick your ass around the room, figuratively speaking. Depends upon the circumstances.
>>
>>18192988
>>18192988
Fair point friend. I can't speak for them. I do know they won't demand your soul though. They are more likely to just tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>18192990
>They are more likely to just tell you to fuck off.

It depends. Archangels can be quite hostile, under the right circumstances. They demand a certain degree of piety and deference.
>>
They will look like a practical joke, and the joke was on you.
>>
>>18192996
If you were to meet anything otherworldly and acted Cavalier and without indifference, you deserve what you get. Were I to meet an Archangel deference and piety would become my whole being. Such grace to meet even my presence would be astounding.
>>
>>18193001
>Were I to meet an Archangel deference and piety would become my whole being. Such grace to meet even my presence would be astounding.

Good enough. I wouldn't go that far, but then my circumstances were different.
>>
This board is full of fucking schizos, i swear
>>
>>18193015
>schizo spotted
>>
My dad grew up with a preacher father, who dealt with demons and even casted demonic entities out of people and houses. From my dads personal experience and mine, demons and angels don't have visual differences because they are light energies. The only difference between them is how you feel them, as he says when he's felt a demon around him, you get cold and sick, depressed and scared and when he's felt an angel around him, its a calmness and happiness. Best I can give you!
>>
>>18193019
*paranoid schizo
>>
>>18193023
>23

And also this. You just know because you feel it.
>>
>>18189591
If you would ever be unlucky to meet demon dare him to praise Lord. Father Pio did it when he met one of them and it worked.
>>
>>18189849
>all this back pedaling
>>
>>18189591
does it even matter? angels are not exactly benevolent.

example: the last plague in the Moses story.
>>
>>18193015
For what purpose are you here?
What kind of threads do you follow on /x/?
>>
>>18189591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDsXl7hAv3Q

Could this be an angel?
>>
>>18189807
Wrong role play thread
>>
bumping for interest/so I can find this here later
>>
>>18189617
lol no its one of the cherubs that approached ezekial
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.