[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, what was it supposed to be? Ibe never seen or heard of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

so, what was it supposed to be? Ibe never seen or heard of a monster like that before

also any good horror movies out lately that have flown under the radar these past few years? Aside from a good story this was beautifully shot. And I mean, recent, not your best of the 1970s and back
>>
>>18162072
wow wow wow....

'I am not a serial killer' is a book by Dan Wells. Wonderfully written. A young teenage boy who helps his mom in her mortuary prep bodies, knows that he is a sociopath. He wants to murder people and play with their bodies. He doesn't want to ruin his or his mothers life though. So he makes rules to follow to keep him and others safe. However, as he tries to be a normal person he begins to learn more about his strange elderly neighbor... and how it might not be a disservice to the world if he killed someone that is more of a monster than he is.

I loved that book. Does this movie have anything to do with it?
>>
>>18162500
Precisely. Though I haven't seen it yet, that is essentially the premise. Knowing Hollywood and books, it obviously won't be verbatim.
>>
>>18162505
Thank you, anon. Yeah, I bet the director took some liberties to fuck up the story. Hopefully not too bad but I wonder how easy it is to translate all the mental dialogue of a book into a movie. I'm fucking stoked to see it regardless!

I just found the film for download on [spoiler]pirate bay[/spoiler].

In the book the monster was -spoiler alert- [spoiler]In the first book you only get teaser as to what this elderly man really is. You learn this when they are in the old mans backyard after a bbq. The boy and old man are sitting around chatting. The old man mentions something that my old christian mind picked up on. He's a fallen angel. A demon cast from heaven along with Lucifer. After eons on earth he's found himself in love to this woman, something he never thought possible. He never had emotions before. He decides to grow old with his wife but to live he needs to replace his dying organs. The human bodies he steals begin to degrade. In the past, before meeting his wife, he'd just murder someone and infest/possess their body. But he can't do that and stay married to his wife... It's a fucked up situation. He is and isn't a monster anymore. When he dies by our main character you're left wondering if it was right or wrong to kill him.[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1425753206639.jpg (70KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1425753206639.jpg
70KB, 500x390px
AHHHHH -==Spoiler Alert==-

The spoiler tags didn't work for that last paragraph

That post is a SPOILER

S P O I L E R
P
O
I
L
E
R
>>
File: house.jpg (515KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
515KB, 1366x2048px
I've been watching a lot of horror lately. The House on Pine Street stands out as one of the best ones I've watched in a while.
>>
>>18162597
This one won a bunch of awards and accolades. I haven't seen this one yet either.

http://youtu.be/48RHUoTrcqw

Sooo, recent horror thread? Recent horror thread.

Did anyone have a chance to watch "Blair Witch" (2016)
>>
>>18162597
Honestly, this movie was fucking awful and came across like it was made for tv. 3/10.

31, new Rob Zombie movie is out, apparently a directors cut is coming - which will need to be a lot better than the version I saw 6/10, meh.

I might watch the cam of Blair Witch, back in the day I saw the original on pirate (vhs) and it scared the crap out of me - seemed really atmospheric and truly original at the time. Saw it again years later and it sucked. Turns out, the pirate was a really bad transfer, picture rolling, static etc. etc. - that actually added a lot to the atmosphere (for me), so seeing how "glossy" it really was was a huge disappointment for me :/

Probably the best thing I've seen in a while was Baskin (torrentable), nice atmosphere, kinda funny in places and a nice aesthetic to it.
>>
>>18162072
sounds like an apt pupil rip-off
>>
>>18163097
But this movie is sci-fi horror and the kid hunts a serial killer who's killing on his turf. not a rip-off.

Just watched it and it's purty good.
>>
>>18162500
yeah they made the book into a movie and it came this year. It was pretty quiet though, not a lot of press
great fucking movie though, shame it didnt get more hype
>>
>>18163778
It was great! I just watched it tonight because of Op's thread and I'm glad I did. It follows well with the book.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.