[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw an FMA thread on /a/, and someone mentioned the Magnum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: sUyGg.jpg (24KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
sUyGg.jpg
24KB, 600x338px
I saw an FMA thread on /a/, and someone mentioned the Magnum Opus. Can you guys explain more about it?

I know that it refers to alchemists looking for the philosopher's stone, but is that all?
>>
>>18160586
google?
>>
Goddamn, trolls are getting lazy.
>>
>>18160586
magnum: large or important
opus: a project

Alchemists were looking to perfect themselves into a higher form of being, which would be immortal and superhumanly wise.

Don't take fictional works seriously.
>>
File: 256308.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
256308.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
The Magnum Opus is the soul's quest for self-improvement. It is, as the psychologist C.J.Jung would call it, a process of individuation, in the highest possible sense.

One of the central historical or mythical figures in Alchemy is Hermes Trismegistus. If you are interested on the Great Work, I would recommend some books on Hermeticism. A good starting point is the Kybalion. Also Initiation into Hermetics, by Franz Bardon.

I think if you do the exercises described in the beginning of the second part of the last book, you will really get a hang of what doing the Great Work really means. Take care.
>>
>>18161266
>>18161664
>the self improvement meme

The Magnum Opus was both internal and external. Here, read real books for a change https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a
>>
>>18161664
>Kybalion and Bardon

Thanks for the good chuckle.
>>
>>18161670
I get the lolz for the Kybalion. It is a 'Secret'-tier book, useful only for introductory reasons. But I really don't get the flame on Bardon. I would be glad if you could explain your views on him and recommend a much better and way more practical author on the occult.
>>
>>18161666
nice trips man!

all those books and still the mystery remains a mystery and the reader gains no wisdom... boohoo... kekpl
>>
>>18161266
I've heard that completing the MO bestows the alchemist with some form of enlightenment and makes them a physical piece of God. Is that true at all, or just a different interpretation?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.