[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could we have another thread about the creepy tales and folklore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: latest[1].png (156KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
156KB, 700x500px
Could we have another thread about the creepy tales and folklore characters from different countries. I remember a few anons from Mexico were telling some pretty creepy ones. Also was interesting how we sort of have the same tales in latin america but with some variations.

Here we have:

El Hombre del Saco: Man who walks around with a bag and takes children by putting them in it.

La llorona: Woman who can be heard crying around a bridge and that comes with you in your car.

Chupacabra: Creature that sucks the blood out of chickens and goats.

I'll keep posting the ones I remember and I could also post the TL;DR of the ones in the OP.
>>
La Llorona from a local newspaper (Translated from Spanish)

THE LLORONA- For years there have been many truck and bus drivers who say they have seen in Coamo a woman in a corner of the bridge put Pumpkins asking. Anyone who ignore her, it got him into the car. In fact, they say that the appearance of "La Llorona" men who denied transportation caused many accidents.
>>
EL JACHO- Legend has it that a fisher man in the mountains of central Puerto Rico used every day to go fishing in the river. He was carrying fishing materials a jacho for light on the way back and a wooden cross. One day he remained late into the night trying to capture something but did not catch anything. Then it began to rain and the fisherman decided to return home. Halfway rain blew out his jacho and he could not see how to get home. Then he picked it up and turned on the wooden cross that had for light way home. The couple of days sick and died. people in the mountains say you can see the light of jacho wandering among the trees, because they say he is in search of the ashes of the cross.
>>
DESMEMBRADOS (Dismembered)- in Lajas there are many people who have seen dismembered beings walk the PR-116 highway. Interestingly, the appearances of the "witnesses" occur in an area where many car accidents have raised. Some who have seen "the dead" say they first heard dogs barking and then appear in the torsos and bodies from the waist down and legs up alone wandering street sector.
>>
GHOST GRADUATION - They say that on 1975 a newspaper published about the case of a girl in Yauco that had been collected near the cemetery by some youths who offered transportation. The girl said she was going to her prom. The young boy who gave the girl the ride and her danced the night in the event. Then he offered to take her back home. On parting, she was cold so the gentleman decided to lend his jacket with the intention to pick it up the next day. When the young man went the next day to the house of the girl, a lady welcomed him and told him that the person he described was his dead daughter. He showed several photographs and the boy confirmed that it was the same girl he had shared the night before. When he went to the cemetery to visit the grave of the young girl, he found his jacket on the tombstone.
>>
SPIRITS OF THE TUNNEL- In the early twentieth century, there was a train accident in the tunnel Guajataca in Quebradillas, in which dozens of people died. Today, there are people who claim that the spirits of the victims appear and they hear voices inside the tunnel. On the other hand, also adjacent to the Guajataca tunnel, there is a legend of many people who claim to have seen in the PR2 among Quebradillas and Isabela, a woman dressed in white floating in the air at night. They say that the image of women always appeared near where there is a sculpture of the face of an Indian. Supposedly, the female has been mounted in several cars.
>>
THE CHUPACABRAS- is a legendary creature that is attributed hundreds of animal deaths on the island and, for the past 17 years has caused the mayor of Canovanas, Jose "Chemo" Soto to make numerous and frustrating expeditions inside the forest. Chemo insists that people who have actually seen the creature describe it as a kind of two legs that looks like a man from the waist down and up is flaky, with a ridge full of quills. The tongue of the "monster" is very long and it is through it that he sucks the blood of animals. According to the Mayor, the chupacabras kills male animals by the neck and the females "takes them through the back of the anus, and makes a good bestial gap".
>>
That's all I got for now. Feel free to contribute your own and share your country's version of these urban tales.
>>
I am from mexico and I have seen a little person once tried to steal my friend. He ran after it but it was disapear
>>
>>18160409
midget?
>>
>>18160417
No was small like have my leg. It ran fast but it was dark outside so I couldnt see it very good. It touch my friend and run behind buildings
>>
>>18160417
Duendes
>>
>>18160889
What is the story of Duendes?
>>
You're talking about duendes. My grandma is from Mexico and she tells me stories about them all the time. She says they like to steal babies or younger children by bribing them with candy and toys.
>>
>>18160923
do they eat the kids
>>
>>18160923
Mind sharing a few?
>>
From what my grandma has told me, no they don't eat kids. They just steal them. If they take the kids the kids are basically lost forever in the duendes world. It is said that duendes like to play in trees in Mexico or by the arroyos (rivers). They usually like to take the children that aren't baptized yet. My grandma has also told me that if you're crossing an arroyo in Mexico and your child is asleep you have to talk to them or else the duendes will take their soul.
>>
My sister has actually seen a duende before in our house and my brother used to see them when he was younger and lived with us in our house also.
>>
>>18160957
I have a vague recollection of something like this. I live in Latin America but not in Mexico. I wonder if this exists in other countries. I know La Llorona is a recurring one.
>>
There are many tales in the limits of Dominican Republic and Haiti. My grandma told me about this witch that would steal children and cook them. There seem to be a lot of witches around this area. Many of my family members recall seeing them fly at night.
>>
>>18157271
Los nahuales, los aluches, people with a horse head, los bultos.
>>
>>18161002
Mind sharing some stories?
>>
>>18160953
>If they take the kids the kids are basically lost forever in the duendes world

and what do they do there? are there at least theme parks?
>>
>>18160936
Nah, in the case of babies, they turn them into duendes as well, in the case of little children, they play with them, and then return them several decades later, but for the children only where a few hours, that's the legend here on Sinaloa, México
>>
>>18161086
they seem like pedognomes
>>
>>18161002
Los nahuales - A shaman/witch doctor that can transform into a animal to do ritual stuff in the astral plane without gettin hurt, some say that they transform into animals to curso people

Aluches - it's basically what you would call a goblin

Peoble with Horse head - Demons that you can find when you visit parks and roads at midnight that scare you and then leave
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.