[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if you classify sleep paralysis as "Paranormal"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1385422156750.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1385422156750.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I don't know if you classify sleep paralysis as "Paranormal" still around this board, but I just had it for what I believe was about an hour straight.

For those of you familiar with SP here is my "Static Image" (I just made that term up; basically it's the environment you can see during your episode. If there's an actual term let me know!):
Laying on bed, on back. Corner of the room. 2 posters on the opposite side of the wall. Long part of the L-desk on my immediate right. Blankets on my chest.

My Sleep Paralysis has always been common, but lately I can usually trigger it on demand; basically all I need to do is lay on my bed during an unusual hour while tired and stay in the same position for about 20-30 seconds, then think about the fact that SP exists, BAM. I can no longer move, the voices around the room begin, and annoying shit ensues. Do I want this shit to happen and ruin my nap? No. Can I NOT think about it? No. Fuck.

cont in next post
>>
>>18155406
Anyways, as soon as it started earlier, I was unable to move "much". My first instinct is to get out of it, which I usually do by shaking my head and convulsing wildly, which usually works. It did not work this time. I then accepted the fact that I have to find another way out of this bullshit. However, for some reason I decided it wasn't that bad. I felt something on my left shift closer to me, but I couldn't really see it. (I can never see the creature that is in my SP episodes, no matter the circumstances. It's impossible.) I didn't mind it much so I decided whatever maybe I'll just let it happen this time and see how it ends up. (I always try to get out of because I have a fear if I let it happen I will die) So I just lay there, and it gets closer and closer, but at a certain point it stopped and I felt an amazing relaxation. I was at peace. I closed my eyes for a while, then opened them and suddenly I was inside of my blankets. I freaked out a bit and noticed a picture on my right inside the darkness. I don't remember what it was but it was colorful. I was actually scared so I closed them again and I felt an invasive presence on my right side of the face. Even though I could not see it, I knew it was staring intensely at me. I then tried the twitch trick and I got out of it. I was back at my Static Image, but I was not out of SP yet.

2nd attempt begins here: I notice a water bottle on my right. I manage to be able to grab it and unscrew the cap so I can drop water onto my face. No matter how much I unscrew it and take it off, the cap always manages to be back on. This attempt happens a few more times, but to no avail. 3rd method: Yell my sister's name. The first time I did it my voice was normal, but 2nd time I yelled it was significantly lower, and eventually it was completely mute. I can no longer yell so I give up that method.
>>
File: Undyne Grey.png (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Undyne Grey.png
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>18155426
Method #4: I actually manage to unscrew the bottle and feel a few drop of water on my hand. Wow!
So I put that shit over my face and begin tilting it. Oh, boy what a coincidence! A hand above me immediately tips it back upwards each time.
Method #5: Open the bottle, keep my arm above my head patiently and accidentally drop the thing. Suddenly a hand from the left wall tickles me instantly, I drop the bottle, and the hand above me grabs the bottle and returns it to the desk in an efficient manner. By this point I'm pissed.
Method #6: Grab the bottle and slam it on the desk repeatedly. This one went in a fashion similar to me yelling.

Eventually I actually fell asleep and had a dream about living in some apartment with my two sisters, which I believed to be me finally being awake and free. I walked to the building entrance and some lady offered me free bread, but she was confused about where the store in this building was and assumed I was the employee there. I told her the market was on the left hand side and she thanked me and demanded the bread back, as it wasn't free, it was just for the store. I went upstairs and there were three doors, but I knew from memory that the middle door was our door. I opened it and my older sister and I exchanged greetings. I looked in my living room and noticed my younger sister sleeping in her pajamas on the couch. All was right with the world, but I remembered that this is bullshit. It wasn't a warm, rainy day in autumn today. I shook my head and woke up to my Static Image once again. (Am I the only one freaked out about the fact that every night you completely forget that your entire life even existed and accept a new one as the real one?)
>>
File: 1473913378959.jpg (20KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1473913378959.jpg
20KB, 328x396px
>>18155448
After that "awakening" I was still paralyzed for a few instances. I then proceeded to have a couple false awakenings where I got off my bed and did things but always ended up back to the Static Image.
But at long last, I was actually awake! I cracked my hands together and was happy. You know what was the funniest thing? I reached for the water bottle while I was still laying down and I could not reach it.

It was too far away for me to grab it.
>>
>>18155406
Ive only had 1 sleep paralysis experience in 11th grade
>sleeping on the floor, belly down
>hearing breathing from someone standing right infront of me
>im sleeping next to an open closet so it sounds like someone is there
>clearly awake but cant move for shit
>hear my Spanish teacher calling my name
>hes a 60 year old obese cuban man
>Anooooooon.... Anoooooooooon
>cant get up but scared as fuck because i actually think hes in front of me
>go into a lucid-dream like state
>realize want to have a wet dream
>im in an mma class in my dream
>start humping the ground in the middle of class while hearing my old Spanish teacher call my name
>cum instantly
>wake up
>check closet, no one there
>go and clean up
Nothing paranormal about that. Just your mind fucking around.
>>
File: 1445758391552.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1445758391552.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
I learned that when -I- (Don't want to say it applies to everyone else) have Sleep Paralysis, everything I see is just a snapshot and everything I do is bullshit perpetuated by my brain using a set of logical possibilities without reality interfering. (distance for example)
Kind of obvious looking back at it like this.
I also discovered that continuing the episode without interfering will just make me fall into a dream.

Anyways! I'm sure you guys are mad at my blogpost but I just wanted to share and ask these questions:

>Does anyone else have a "creature" during Sleep Paralysis that they can feel but can never see, no matter what you do? (For example I can see the edges of the creature but something always prevents me from seeing the full thing, be it a loss of strength to move a blanket out the way or me being unable to turn my neck any further)
>Does anyone else have "hands" that prevent you from doing things to wake yourself up?
>Is anyone else able to trigger themselves into Sleep Paralysis?
>>
>>18155473
I've had sleep paralysis only three times in my life, but to answer your questions, no.

In all three instances of sp my nightmares were kind of like the dreams in Inception. When I managed to wake up once, I fell into another dream, that was usually similar, but not exactly the same. This usually happened 6 or 7 times before finally waking up for real(at this point, I was still questioning whether I have truly woken up or if I was still dreaming). Another interesting thing is that in the first two or three dreams, I know I'm dreaming, and by the second sp I've learned not to panic, but after those I just lose it.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 199x199px
>>18155473
>Does anyone else have a 'creature'

The last time it happened to me I felt a hand on mind and something in my mouth. Had a tongue kiss with what I can only describe as a see-through vibration above me. It felt like I lifted out of my body, just above myself during the kiss. I woke up having 'got there' and my body was tingling for a good 5 minutes after.

It's just a brain trick, r-right???
>>
>>18155899
>tongue kiss
That sounds a lot better than mine.
>>
Dream thread dude
>>
I've had it one time. I had a glass closet and I couldn't sit up but I could see my reflection. My reflection sat up and gave me an uncomfortable glare. It then started talking to me. My heart was pounding. After a little bit I feel back to sleep. I still have chills writing and thinking about it.
>>
It's happened to me one time. I had a mirror closet. I remember waking up, but I couldn't move. I could see the mirror closet. All of a sudden my reflection sat up and glared at me. It then started to move its lips but I couldn't make out what it was saying. My heart was pounding so fast. I eventually fell asleep. I still get chills writing and thinking about it.
>>
>>18156172
I just recently saw a paranormal video of a woman 's reflection turning it's head without the women turning it's head. Been watching mirrors closely since then. But that sounds so creepy to experience
>>
>>18155792
I had the Inception type SP a few years back. I actually had SP now and then. Nothing big, but it was always the same thing. Some black shape by the base of my bed, looking at me.

After a while I got annoyed and thought "loudly" (like yelling in your head) "FUCK OFF" to the thing. The second I did that, it jumped me and laid beside me in bed. I couldn't move but I saw the black shape right next to me in the corner of my eye.

Now that I think of it, I haven't had SP since then. Did I scare it off, or did I let it in?
>>
>>18156199
I'm so glad i'am not the only one with an experience like that thanks for the post.
>>
>>18155899
I "woke" up to a green haired woman sitting on me. I got scared and closed my eyes then it fealt like she was humping me.
Shit was weird and i wish it would happen again
Boners where had
>>
I don't think my experience counts as sleep paralysis, but it freaked me the fuck out, and still does.

>sat at computer around 2am, ready to go to sleep
>turn computer off and leave the room to go to the bathroom
>taking a piss when midway through I feel a presence in the room
>instantly terrified, I feel like my life is in danger
>somehow know that whatever it is, it's behind the shower curtain, which is closed
>I finish taking a piss and cautiously walk over to the curtain
>pull it gently to the side and peek through
>there is a girl stood in the shower
>skin looks dead, a pale blue/white; long black hair like one of those Japanese horror films
>this_is_how_i_die.png
>wake up in my bed
>no idea how I got there
>check my phone and it's around 3:30am

I went back to sleep and spent most of the next day trying to figure out what the fuck happened.
Still don't know really.
>>
>>18156233
When did that happen? Been watching Japanese paranormal clips and am wondering if they're real...can't believe you saw one though
>>
>>18156233
shit nigga something similar happened to me but not that bad.

just was on my computer watching animu and then I realize wait a fucking second this isn't real and im in my bed the next moment. I remember going to bed but it felt so normal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.