[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sure this board has talked about Poppy already, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: poppy.png (663KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
poppy.png
663KB, 1366x768px
I'm sure this board has talked about Poppy already, and even though I frequent this board quite often, if that's the case, I've missed it.

What are some theories you guys have about what her channel is about? Is it just an art project exhibiting somewhat obvious but cryptic clues into Monarch Programming? Is it just pretentious bullshit? Is Poppy really affiliated with some kind branch of the vaguely titled "elite"?

Just looking for general discussion and information around this channel and Poppy as a character herself.
>>
>>18147865

For anyone who is not familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8JE00xTMBOqKs7o0grFTfQ
>>
>>18147865
>Is it just an art project exhibiting somewhat obvious but cryptic clues into Monarch Programming?
It's a satirical portrayal of music celebrities. Hints of Monarch Programming are not outright saying "ILLUMINOPOLY", but it is a theming device that better conveys the idea they're mocking.

The director also has a channel, with a similar style of content.
>>
>>18148054
>>18147865
It's absolutely disgraceful that project monarch conspiracies have begun trending with the normies, every single last one of their theories is just utter retardation.
>>
>>18148071

You think it's a disgrace that monarch conspiracies are garnering more attention lately?

I'm curious what your own take on it is then?
>>
>>18148071
>normies
kill yourself
>>
>>18147865
Yeah, Poppy was discussed several weeks ago here. Supposedly an art project by Sinclair and Poppy is really like a 25 or 26 year old woman being portrayed as a young 14-15 year old girl.

>Some think the Illuminati is actually stepping out into the open more with monarch subject poppy acknowledging her handler/handlers etc.

>Others say the artist is trying to expose the industry more/make a statement.
>>
>>18147865
It's just a commentary on pressures put on female pop artists. Not that smart or interesting but the videos are fun.
>>
>>18149354

If that's true then whats the reason for the 3:36 video? Or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-GpCwzcuH0

Even if it is an uninformed art project, these videos fill me with a hypnotic existential dread that I find morbidly pleasurable.

>>18149304
It does seem more to be a statement on the corruption of innocence of the music/entertainment industry.... but I do think it's definitely more to it than that.
>>
>>18149567
There's also a lot of social media commentary in the videos
>>
>>18148071
This
>>
>>18147865
She looks like a normal art student to me (her videos i mean),
>>
>>18147865
Don't you dare ever post my MKUltrafu on this board ever again.
>>
>>18147865
I wanna pop Poppys cherry soda pop top.
>>
>>18147865
It's NOTHING, just "pretentious bullshit" exactly
If you're a pretty girl all you need to do is recording yourself and you will earn tons of money for nothing
Another proof that everything in our society is about sex and power
>>
>>18150863
Everything is about money
>>
The director Titanic Sinclair has done this shit with multiple girls. Poppy was the one that took off with it. I feel they are just 2 hipsters doing very hipster things.
>>
>pretentious bullshit

she makes "weird" videos so she can be perceived as "weird" and "cryptic" by people like you when really all she wants is views and attention so people will listen to her music and she can make money
>>
>>18147865
its an art piece about the monarch affect. not even a very good one. they just straight up say it is with all the fucking obvious imagery.
>>
>>18151034

so basically what you're saying is she wants attention and views so people will listen to her music?
>>
who cares about this ugly whore. she just wants attention and your giving it to her. shes just a regular whore who wants views.
>>
>>18147865
Poppy is a social commentary/satire on celebrities and their Illuminati overloads.
>>
https://youtu.be/u4pnlOGrZsU
>she's the sort to browse b
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY

Her music is great IMO
>>
File: 1468735541983.jpg (227KB, 1373x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1468735541983.jpg
227KB, 1373x1076px
OP here.

Surprised but also not surprised at how many /x/ers are so immediately condemning of her channel being petty and ostentatious. The vitriol doesn't surprise me because this is 4chan of course,but I thought people would be more open to talking about the little clues she gives in her messages and what they might be about.

She has one video where she repeatedly asks "Why won't they listen?". Aren't we curious what she might be implying here? Even if it is just art with no real occult insight backing it, isn't this the kind of media that /x/ would be interested in consuming?

I guess I was just hoping for more in depth theorizing about specific videos or messages she portrays, even if, like I said, it is just art and not anything of substantial, applicable knowledge (which I haven't seen anyone rule out with either evidence or convincing argument)
>>
>>18151179

Fabulous insight. Thank you for your careful contribution.
>>
>>18151028

Thank you for pointing out the foolish oversight I made in judgement about this channel and even in judgement of myself and other people like me. Your contribution is rich with insight and I highly value your words.
>>
>>18153353
poor man's melanie martinez desu
>>
File: 1469207233949.jpg (18KB, 385x380px) Image search: [Google]
1469207233949.jpg
18KB, 385x380px
>>18150936

This might be the case, especially after watching some of Titanic Sinclair's videos.
His videos give me a feeling that they do seem kind of like jaded hollywood people, but at the same time, they're very talented in producing sublime, purposefully obvious hypnotic videos. Better than I or anyone I know would be anyway.

I said already but will say again here that I think even if it is just art with no real or substantial occult/esoteric knowledge backing it, I still enjoy them.

Although something makes me lean towards the possibility that there's more to it than that.
>>
File: IMG_0036.jpg (113KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
113KB, 900x668px
>>18153472

Just googled.

Not sure they're in the same category as Poppy's songs I believe are just an elaboration on what is possibly the art installation that are her videos, while Melanie Martinez seems to be legitimately focused on producing music/albums/music videos.

That being said, I thank you for bringing my attention to Melanie, I like what I see so far!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.