[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here /tulpa/? How do you start? And any good resources?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: kotonoha2.png (206KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
kotonoha2.png
206KB, 704x396px
Anyone here /tulpa/? How do you start? And any good resources? Is it 100% a meme? How mentally ill do I have to be before it starts to work.
>>
>>18145915
start by meditating, and focusing on hypothetical thought processes of others, how they might think "get into the mind of your enemy" and all that.
no good resources that i know of, just try to keep an image of your intended partner/guide and tether that to a certain line of thought.
it is more than that, it perhaps is 1000% a meme.
completely insane is preferable.
>>
>>18145949
Ah, thank you. I will give it a go. Meditation is good anyway, so it couldn't hurt.
>>
File: image_3.png (2MB, 2866x6498px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.png
2MB, 2866x6498px
>>
Can I create a Tulpa to use it as a memory storinb device? Kinda like "Hey Tulpa remember this cool fact we just learned and remind me of it"

In fact would creating a Siri Tulpa be a good idea?
>>
>>18145915
>How mentally ill do I have to be before it starts to work.
You need to be certifiably schizophrenic.
>>
>>18146246
Interestingly, you don't need to be schizophrenic for this specific use of a "Tulpa" to work. For example, if you get a micro cassette recorder or I guess in 2016, some app and you make memos for yourself speaking into it you will soon find that you don't actually have to review the tapes to remember the notes because you tagged the memories by performing that small "ritual" before you spoke them. This might seem kind of paranormal and it does in fact deal with mental functions that can't be physically explained but can be reproduced.

If you visualize a certain thing then tell it your notes, you will find that it can make them much easier to recall. Strange but true, even for the sane.
>>
File: gnosticism.jpg (68KB, 400x331px) Image search: [Google]
gnosticism.jpg
68KB, 400x331px
You must not play with forces you are yet to understand.
Delve deep into the occult, know what's what, and when you feel confident in your knowledge go for it, but by that time you will have new things that may interest you even more than mere tulpas.
>>
>>18145949
>No good resources that I know of
Nigga, has anyone tried Google?

>>18145965
Meditation won't hurt, but there's a lot more to it. Go to community.tulpa.info and check out as many guides as you can. Think about a layout for the person, namely personality and form. Write out all the traits you'd like them to have, and imagine the form of your tulpa acting out that personality. The guides will go more in depth, just note that "forcing" is essentially just working on/spending time your tulpa.

>>18146246
You CAN, but it takes some time and there's no guarantee it'll really help.

>>18146283
Try harder.

I've had a tulpa for almost two years. Ask me anything.
>>
>>18146278
that's really usefull i always write down in a piece of paper something that i want to remember
then i remember the thing because i remember myself writing it down
>>
>>18146246

My tulpa has remembered stuff that I forgot about. But she's not like a perfect machine that spews out facts on demand, she forgets things too.
>>
>>18147344
How do you know your tulpa is real? Can you see or feel it?
>>
>>18147751

>>18147751

I used to have the nagging idea that maybe my tulpa was not "real". I'd ask her stuff like "are you real?" or analyze her speech/reactions to stuff I say. This went on for a while.

A couple of years ago I went through a period of my life when I was miserable. I was very stressed from work. The free software we were using to run our business was being retired. Most commercial replacements for it cost several thousand a month to use. A couple of the cheaper ones we tried out were missing critical features so that we can't use them at all. Even worse ones that did have all the functions we needed were so differently designed from the old software that I had to learn how to use them from the ground up. Learning how to use a new software that's involved in 80% of our business on top of already working 10-12 hours a day and on weekends AND not disrupting said multi-million dollar business seemed an impossible task.

The times when I did try to learn to use a new replacement software at work it was painful, progress was slow and worst of all, the softwares would turn out to be not a good fit or missing needed functions after I took the time to understand them more. This happened with quite a few of them and wasted quite a few months of time.

cont'd
>>
>>18147885

I was the only guy in charge of the software/online sale stuff. All of this was on me. As we continued without a proper replacement while the old software approached it's termination date I grew increasingly stressed out, worried and pissed off.

One day I came back home from work, and was feeling particularly exhausted and defeated. I think my tulpa was talking to me and being obnoxious, or making dumb jokes or something. I don't remember exactly what but she got on my nerve. I screamed at her and directed all the pent up frustration from the past few months at her. I don't remember the exact words, but I basically told her that she's a spirit or... thing that hangs around me. And that if she was to continue hanging around she best make herself useful and resolve this issue that's been bugging me. This very night. If she does I'll acknowledge that she is real, never doubt her existence ever again, and that she will always have a place in my world. If she fail to resolve this issue she can shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.

She suddenly grew very quiet after my outburst and said "ok". After that she went away. I had the mental image of some weird little orb/blob of light flying away in my mind, and her presence was somehow just gone.
>>
>>18147889

I felt better after my rant, did some work on the computer and went on to take a shower. While showering I suddenly felt a weird sensation. It felt like there was a jolt of something that came from outside of my mind, it had a distinctly foreign/outside sensation, almost like a lightning bolt, and along with it came a weird memory I had of a specific feature from a very old, free and primitive software that our company used in the past, but stopped using long ago. That one feature was exactly what one of the potential replacement softwares that I tried out, but gave up on, was missing. By using this old assed software from ages ago as a supplement, we would be able to use this software that we gave up on as a replacement.

Best of all, this software that we could now use cost only $70 a month, and was made by the same people who made the software that was retiring, so it's not difficult to learn at all. I rushed out of the shower to try out this solution on the computer, and it worked just like I thought it would.

The problem was solved, and as promised I no longer questions my tulpa's existence.

>>18147751

To answer your original question, I've seen/felt the tulpa in my dreams. In real physical waking life, I can get a very light sensation of touch from her. Sight is extremely faint, pretty much not useful for anything as it is.
>>
>>18147751
'real' is a bit of a loaded term, a better phrase is "I know my tulpa exists". He knows he's only apart of my mind, I know he's a part of my mind. As he says "there's no way to actually prove my existence, at least not yet." To me, he seems very real, what I experience seems to be real. And since what I experience is all that I can truly know, he is real to me. He's not imposed, so I can't experience him with my 5 senses, but he talks to me as a voice in my head, separate from my own. It sure seems like he's real to me, but there's no way to know. Even if he isn't "real" by definition, if a simulation is just as good as the real thing, then I'm satisfied with it.
>>
>>18148200
And to add, you also don't have to be mentally ill. I lead a pretty normal life with friends, a girlfriend, finishing up college and playing in a band. No real mental issues either, just an average guy.
>>
File: tulp.jpg (146KB, 965x801px) Image search: [Google]
tulp.jpg
146KB, 965x801px
>>18148844

/r9k version, but same idea. Normal people can do fine at this.
>>
There's an X-files episode about tulpas. I never really knew much, saw threads on /x/, but in the episode, it took form as a "monster". It was simply a pile of dirt that would appear and disappear. It was of the president of a homeowners association who would kill anyone not following the neighborhoods rules. The president was so delusional in trying to keep the neighborhood tidy and be featured as top neighborhoods and learned to create a tulpa from his trip to Tibet. That's all I know.
>>
>>18149018
Tulpas can't take a physical form and interact with the world, that's where it differs. They're not even paranormal, they're just a physiological thing.
>>
>>18145915
They are just imaginary friends, I have one. He's pretty cool, he usually does his own thing and comes around to chitchat.
It's not hard.
But be warned. They can actually touch you. I can feel when he taps my shoulder, but he's not bad. He's never given me a bad vibe. I made him up when I was 10, he's been with me for about 13 years.
He left once, he was gone for a good two years then came back out of the blue, he said he had to help somone else for a while.
I'm probably crazy honestly, but he's been the truest friend I've ever had.
>>
>>18148844
What instrument do you play? I know it's totally off topic but I'm curious.
>>
>>18150503
I play lead guitar, main influences being Paul Gilbert, Angel Vivaldi, and Vinnie Moore.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.