[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok /x/, i have a question. In all skinwalker/goatman stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1461493104870 - Copy - Copy.jpg (173KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
1461493104870 - Copy - Copy.jpg
173KB, 960x716px
ok /x/, i have a question.

In all skinwalker/goatman stories (inb4 some shit about goatmen not being real, i dont care) in most goatman stories they say that they felt that it was a feeling of the creature being "pure evil" i dont understand, why? all they seem t odo is rip up moose and shit? even with native goatmen stories all they did was participate in cannibilism i know its bad but surely not "pure evil"? So my question is what makes goatmen/skinwalkers pure evil.
>>
To Native Americans, cannibalism was one of the worst things you could do.

Google "Wendigo."

Natives believed that eating human flesh turned you into an insane demonic beast.
>>
>>18142513
ok thanks, i sorta touched on that
>even with native goatmen stories
but i didnt realise how bad it was
>>
Can't say much for "goatmen", but for skinwalkers (ACTUAL skinwalkers, like Navajo) they're witches. Witches that have done one of the worst things in their culture, be it incest or murder of a family member. They reject all that links them to the tribe and have perverse mockeries of their sacred rituals and dances.

A skinwalker IS inherently evil because of what they did to become what they are.
>>
>>18145333
And yes, I probably sound like an autist, but I know skinwalkers. I grew up near tribal lands. I've seen some shit and it fucked with me.
>>
>>18145341
>>18145333
seems skinwalkers and wendigo have very similiar origins,or are they the same? idont know because im not very knowledgable in native culture

thanksfor answering btw
>>
>>18146271
Wendigo are more of an Algonquin thing by my knowledge. But yes, they're also the result of the ultimate tribal taboo, in this case cannibalism.

Many would have you think they're weird fucked up deer-men but they're not. They might wear a deer headress, but a wendigo is traditionally either a wind spirit that will grab you and speed you across the land until your feet bun away to smoking nubs before lifting you to the sky and eating you OR inhumanly tall emaciated figures that are constantly hungry for more human flesh.
>>
>>18146367
I never knew that about Wendigos, but cool!
And aren't Skinwalkers more of mimics? They'll morph into a disfigured form of their prey, or a random organism.
>>
File: ravenous-597644816-large.jpg (87KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ravenous-597644816-large.jpg
87KB, 800x1200px
>>18142513
it lead to a cool movie tho
>>
>>18147222
skinwalkers are like what >>18145333 said they're witches. They can transform into other animals by using their hides (aka skins hence skinwalker)
>>
>>18142513
Native americans, at least the iroquoi, the hurons and some other eastern tribes practiced ritual cannibalism and ate their fallen enemies.

t. the jesuit missionaries whose heart was eaten after they still preached while being tortured so they can acquire their bravery
>>
>>18147222
Skinwalkers don't take the shape of their prey so much as a shape of an animal they hold the power of, usually through their pelt or feathers.

Though they CAN inhabit the body of their human prey through eye contact according to some legends. That or they freeze them in fear.

All in all, skinwalkers are not ever something you want to see or fuck with.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.