[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys ever just get pissed off at our purposefully obtuse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Do you guys ever just get pissed off at our purposefully obtuse ancestors. Why would they do this shit to us and make us suffer with all these mysteries
>>
No. Because there's no reason getting pissed about that. That's just silly.
>>
>>18137239
No because they ded.

Besides, all my ancestors did was make a square "pyramid" to cut the hearts and heads off of captives and themselves to worship their phoney bologna sun god.
>>
>purposefully obtuse

What evidence do you have of that? They all died out. They were never planning about what people might think hundreds of years later. They never even thought of you at all.
>>
>>18137334
If you're gonna make a fucking monument, it's probably to commemorate something you want people to remember. If people a long time from when the monument was constructed can't figure out what it commemorates, that defeats the point of a fucking monument.
>>
No, my ancestors used to walk naked and eat fruits, they never built things like the Stonehenge
>>
It's kind of like culture shock man. I mean, people cared about things and understood things in completely different ways back then. Yeah they were humans like us but really, just take a look at old newspaper ads from the 50s or the 20s. Those were meant to appeal to a lot of people so you would buy their product or service. And even at just 60 years away they seem stupid, silly and unrelatable. Imagine putting 100 years between you and something you thought was meaningful to everyone. Imagine 500. Now 3,000-5,000? No way anyone will immediately "get it." Especially considering that it probably looks a lot different from what it used to. The pyramids for example don't have all the smooth white stones anymore. Who knows what else isn't there.
>>
>>18137313

I like you and your rational nature.
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 225x225px
>>18137402
No it doesn't.

>used to please the gods
>used for aesthetic purposes
just because it looks good doesn't mean it's made to last.
>>
>>18137239

Lol are you kidding me OP? I don't get it. What's the mystery?

These sculptures were erected through tradition by chiefs either representing themselves, ancestors or mythical ancestors.

They were "buried" because the Polynesians completely deforested the island.
>>
>>18137320
Mexitard detected
>>
>>18137334
ugh ugh big head in ground going to spook future people. ugh ugh yeah ugh going to be super spookie to dem. ough ough I'm oack ougaggings with ancient spookies tune in next time for more sppokie oughs
>>
>>18137622
the truth right here.

all the things we believe in today, will be wildly useless and unfathomable to cultures of the future. We are living in a fabricated society, who sees the world in a rose-colored screen known as the media. We are living in a bubble and an era of non-renewable growth that will pop all too suddenly.

Rome will fall, new kingdoms will find their place within its grave.
>>
>>18137239
No because they didn't make them for us to try and figure out. They knew what they were for when they made them and that's that. To them they must have had a significant meaning(or not) and it doesn't make a difference. Maybe in another ten thousand years if the earth hasn't gone to complete shit, people are gonna wonder why we build monuments of a dying man on a cross
>>
>>18137239
>ITT OP is a 12 year old autist that thinks ancient peoples made up vague shit just to piss him off
>>
>>18138554
Guilty/10
>>
>>18138716
but that is objectively what happened.
>>
>>18137239
Think about whatever it is that you know best. Now carve that knowledge into a rock knowing that whoever finds it centuries or eons hence probably don't speak the same language.
>>
>>18137334
Nigger detected. Civilized societies think beyond the day.

>>18137402
>hey guys let's make giant scary guy statues so the enemy tribe doesn't come up our hill and eat us
>10,000 year old mystery
Ok
>>
>>18138906
>objective
>inserting extrapolations about someone else's intentions

i don't think you know what "objective" means
>>
Here's a theory....imagination.
>>
all those guys in the OP look like me,
>>
File: image.png (45KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45KB, 640x1136px
paranormal
>>
>>18137568
>t.African
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.