[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does ego death feel like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 18

What does ego death feel like?
>>
>>18134827

Before ego death you were in the room.

During ego death the room is empty. Literally empty. There is just some weird being in there. You are unable to move, you are unable to think, you are still able to look at something but you don't process it, the input just disappears. And you don't even identify this being as you. You "identify" it as something for a millisecond.

And later you realize you were never in the room, not even before ego death. The room was always empty. The ego is just an Illusion.

We are just a collection of atoms.
>>
>>18134851
I had an event where I believe i experienced ego death about a year ago. I was pretty deep into my own thoughts when suddenly all of my perception felt like it went down the drain.

I could see, but all that i saw was this black circle with a white ring around it and all of my thoughts being sucked into it. It lasted for a minute i think and then I came to. My friends where calling out to me but everything was pitch black and dark. I had to piece together who they were from memories of their voice pitches. I didnt "feel" anything for like a day after that i.e. immediately after the event, i didnt feel like anything existed outside the front door or beyond what i could physically see.
>>
>>18134869
Sounds like a Schizophrenic delusion and episode.
>>
>>18134869
Practice inner silence.
>>
>>18134827
look into "the cosmic joke"

where everything is funny because it is pointless.
>>
>>18135160

Nah. Schizophrenia doesn't have the stuff with thoughts and perception shutting down. Quite the contrary.
>>
>>18134827

Absolutely euphoric and the after glow lasts for weeks.
>>
It feels like you're the observer of your self.

Instead of you being your self.

It's not as bad as it sounds. Not at all. You basically become a caring parent of yourself. Idk how else to describe it. I get it here and then. Rarely. It comes and goes.
>>
>>18137086

So, you've never experienced it then.
>>
I thought Ego death was where your complete view of yourself was shattered. Every action you have previously taken is broken down in to what you were trying to project. What I mean by this is sat you were acting in a way that was trying to be funny at some one else's expense. In ego death you will see what you were trying to influence the other person in to believing, you will also be aware that making fun if people makes you a shitty person. It will really make you think about self projection of your own personality and how your ego allows you to make these choices in order to fulfil what ever purpose you are trying to achieve i.e. Appear intelligent, funny, confident etc.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense and I haven't completely misunderstood what ego death is. I'm usually really high when this happens.
>>
>>18134827
Depends on you. Could be you feel extremely euphoric and feel like you KNOW everything is possible. Could also be you feel extremely depressed or even terrified at the realization that nothing really matters and feel like life is some cruel joke. Or you could feel something else.
>>
File: canwakeup.jpg (37KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
canwakeup.jpg
37KB, 500x311px
>>18137091
Not that anon but what do you mean?

I'd describe it the same way as he did. And it really can come and go.

It feels like complete liberation.
>>
It's basically an out of body experience, without needing to be in physical danger.
>>
>>18137165
>I'd describe it the same way as he did. And it really can come and go.

I've had my ego shattered, obliterated, to such an extent that it took months for it to grow back and even then it's not the same.

That's the only meaning I can see in the phrase, "ego death". That's not what anyone here seems to be talking about.
>>
>>18134827
the end of fear
>>
>>18134827
Like getting fired from being a person
>>
>>18134851
>>18134869
Gaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>18136923
Are you an expert or still pulling shit from your ass? It's likely you're just a schizo and, ironically, your ego is too high to acknowledge your mental illness.
>>
>>18134827
It feels like complete horror and complete euphoria at the same time. Imagine hurtling noisily towards your certain death and having a mind-shattering orgasm in the same moment. There's a reason the word awe became both awesome and awful and terror both terrific and terrible. When you strip away the ego, existence is completely overwhelming. You feel different for a long time afterwards, like everything is equally insignificant as it is meaningful. Nothing matters and everything matters.
>>
It feels like im in a literal void, like how hardcore atheists describe death. Except then things start to change in the void and reality springs forth from it, but you get to see it from a new perspective which is great.
>>
>>18134827
Ego death is the realization that anything can happen, literally anything is possible and that all things that happen are tied together in such an intrinsic way it's impossible to describe as you and millions of other yous are journeying around through life, and which paths you take depends on the energy harbor inside or your outlook in life. It's like red energy takes red tracks blue blue and so on. But most of all is that it's all okay, everything happening right now is just happening. Basically ego death is death of Judgement, for you are nothing to judge.
>>
>>18137091
Actually he has experienced it and explained it better than anyone else in this thread.
>>
>>18134827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdzUxjbLo08
>>
The same way enlightenment tastes.
>>
File: swilyego.jpg (129KB, 447x335px) Image search: [Google]
swilyego.jpg
129KB, 447x335px
>>18134827
I accidently underwent Ego death in the early 90's at one of Lynyrd Skynyrd's concerts when one of their Giant Loudspeakers fell on me during a guitar solo.

At that moment, I could feel every inch of my being spread out from my core, with each connected sphere that was me gradually fade... until it came to the last one, that which was me fade. At that moment, I was all things and I was nothing. I was both, a part of Lynyrd Skynyrd, a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd, and someone who's never heard of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Then I woke up in a hospital with Lynyrd Skynyrd's lawyers asking me to sign a waiver so they wouldn't have to pay for my medical bills (which I gladly signed)
>>
>>18134851

*tips fedora made of atoms that aren't even in the ever-empty-room*
>>
>>18137930
Why did you signed?
>>
>>18138976
Dude, it Lynyrd Skynyrd's Lawyers! Why wouldn't I sign!!
>>
I'd agree with most descriptions here. It's not an easy thing to describe.

>>18136923
Schizophrenic here, it absolutely does. There's multiple kinds of schizophrenia - that can be a facet of catatonic schizophrenia, which I've experienced off and on.

I would say though that there are aspects of it that are really similar to ego death and other experiences most often obtained by psychedelics or religious practice. I think embracing spirituality can be both helpful and harmful if not careful (ie people on this board getting ready to shoot themselves over a ghost)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObQjb_SoXA
>>
File: Jews fear the Samurai.jpg (87KB, 637x696px) Image search: [Google]
Jews fear the Samurai.jpg
87KB, 637x696px
>>18137445
Nice way of putting it cause its true.

Its like living as a samurai, fearless.
>>
>>18137869

Heh.

Blind leading the stupid, as usual.
>>
File: Bhairava6.jpg (17KB, 230x346px)
Bhairava6.jpg
17KB, 230x346px
>>18137654
oh yeah. Yeah at some of the highest level of meditation you experience infinite bliss and can also experience at the same time infinite terror. Its beautiful but yeah so intense you have no idea.
>>
>>18134827
you just stop give fuck i guess?
>>
It's not really even a hard thing to do. You should always still want a sense of self in your body because that's what we've been given.

You can use this enlightenment to have a good life experience though. It's really just being able to see things in an objective light. It's over hyped and extremely simple.

You can get there with drugs, meditation or just thinking of paradoxical questions about yourself. I did that was I was young and it just stuck ever since.

Call it mindfulness if you will.
>>
>>18137091
How can one be proud about such a thing as interpreting ego death? Don't u get how nonsensical that would be?
>>
>>18137103
Egolessness sober should be the goal. Coz when ur high or drunk or whatever ur already disengaged as it were. If u can take a step back when it's everyday stuff then u can live in peace. Imo.
>>
>>18137324
For all I know ur explaining how ur self esteem hit rock bottom. Ego death is realising self esteem is based on an illusion. A mirage as it were.
>>
>>18137578
Talk about having a stick up ones ass. Who shat on ur pancakes?
>>
>>18140549
>How can one be proud about such a thing as interpreting ego death?

I have no idea. It's nice to know what these things mean, though, and entertaining to watch others pretend that they do.

Hard not to think that hilarious.
>>
>>18140573

No, the exact opposite happened. In a flash I was free of all self-doubt. I knew, balls to bone, exactly who and what I was. And I was deliriously happy about it.
>>
>>18139989
I had something like this yesterday when I was meditating. I was feeling down and paranoid. (Schized out with psychosis so it's something I have to deal with. Can't stand loud crowded rooms for example because I can't tell if everyone is talking about me so I imagine they do) Anyway I was feeling sorry for myself and then I was like 'no I don't agree with that. I am not a victim. I have a lot to be grateful for.' And then I started visualising. And out of no where I visualise I have a family. I haven't gone into that before but suddenly I have this kid and he wants to play football. And I started bawling. I was sad and happy at the same time because I realised through the pain I've gone through I've come to appreciate all I have in life and what I aspire to have. It's through the pain I realised life is a blessing. Not the happiness. Strange. Very strange.
>>
>>18140585
Aah okay I get it now.
>>
>>18140527
Emptying the cup allows you to fill it up again with whatever you want.
>>
>>18137578
kek
>>
>>18140729
Exactly
>>
>>18134827
At first you feel cold even freezing, but then you start to warm up and feel just delicious. But you keep warming up, hotter and hotter until you start to darken and smoke, finally ending up all shriveled and black in the toaster.
>>
>>18137103
I think the true feeling of ego death is something different, or so I've come to understand.

It's more like a disconnection from the way of seeing the world as devised by the subconscious mechanism in your mind designed to link your mental sense of body and individual experience to your physical participation in the world. Think of that mechanism as a useful evolutionary trait for self-preservation. In that sense ego-death destroys the concept of the self as an actual prism for viewing the world, and you are able to experience a reality looking at it all from a different way.

Oddly I've come closer to that feeling from mindfulness and meditation than through the use of psychedelics like acid, which more often than not kick me into a thought process similar to what you were talking about. Nonetheless both states of mind are enlightening and pretty fascinating! But you can see which is more enjoyable sometimes lol
>>
But, how do i get this ego death without any drugs, can anyone make a mini-tutorial about it? And what are the effects of it, just don't giving a fuck?
>>
>>18137103

I understand what you're saying but if you're a fairly smart individual with self-reflection this stuff happens pretty often and comes quite naturally to you.

I often wonder how any fucking individual can unironically think high of himself and love himself.

We are are all so fucking shitty and disgusting. It's almost impossible to not be. We are humans after all and not gods or machines.
>>
>>18141739

Do meditation and think about nothing. That's it. Become nothing.
>>
According to Styxhexenhammer on his book on modern occultism, when he died momentarily his body went cold and the EMT turned into hellish pig demons whilst his ego slowly became nothing.
>>
File: 45.jpg (38KB, 660x460px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
38KB, 660x460px
>>18139790
To not even ask for something minor and relevant, like you getting free admission to Skynyrd concerts for life, something that wouldn't make a shred of difference to them... it's really pathetic. You caved to the lawyers just because you had stars in your eyes. This also says quite a lot about Skynyrd, that the technical aspect of his show had seriously wounded one of his fans, yet instead of a personal visit he sends his lawyers. Actually, I don't even know why I bothered, there's no way any of this is true.
>>
>>18141803
...you do realize that nearly all Skynyrd fans are essentially retarded, right?

Since that's true, this is just the average skyn fan being a complete moran in it's natural habitat, so this might have happened.
>>
>>18134827
For once you see the world without your own thoughts and preconceptions clouding your vision
>>
There is momentary ego death that can be brought on by psychadelics and there is the permanent kind. The permanent kind just sort of happened randomly to me 4 years after I took a heroic dose.

The mind suddenly becomes silent. As in, the chaos of all the worry of the world just suddenly stops.

There was a process of personal discovery that led to this state. However, I cannot tell you how to do it because it is different for everyone.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is: become wise, but never lose your inner child.

That's said as simply as I can put it, yet is entirely true. Unfortunately, you will be blind to it until you've reached that state. It is a self-encrypting secret, both literally and philosophically.
>>
>>18141932

I should also state that if you are lucky enough to reach this permanent state, even if you think you have a deep understanding of the religious texts of the world...they suddenly become crystal clear. Same thing happens when you read the writing of truly adept Alchemists.
>>
A weird side effect of this state is that you can instantly tell if people are being truthful or not. I thought I had a good instinct for such before, but it became overwhelming afterwards. The psychopaths in control of this world absolutely could not exist if people could easily achieve this state of being, and they will do anything to keep people occupied with mundane things and worried.
>>
File: king of hill2.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
king of hill2.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>18140585
>>
File: king of hill.jpg (17KB, 304x228px) Image search: [Google]
king of hill.jpg
17KB, 304x228px
>>18140580
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (12KB, 199x273px)
kundalini.jpg
12KB, 199x273px
>>18141683
>I think the true feeling of ego death is something different, or so I've come to understand.

Theres different degrees. Different stages. The higher not necessarily the better. Its described in 2 types of advanced Hinduism. The 7 stages of Turya aka transcendence described through Western psychologist would be this...
1-manic Lots of energy
2-manic until you choose to go to sleep
3-schizophrenia Realizing all is one.
4-severe schizophrenia Trying to comprehend the incomprehensible.
5-catatonia Becoming like a Buddha statue
6-seizure Experiencing ridiculous amounts of bliss.
7-permanent seizure Permanent experience of bliss.
>>
>>18134827
I'm quite confused, there are two states of Ego death, the beneficial one that causes the self to become fully enlightened.
You lose any sense of self, the concept of individuality dies when the Ego dies, you no longer need it because you're no longer one person.
Naked beneath that light, you are burned away from concepts like sex, gender, race, religion, personal identity, and the like.
You are gone, the "you" that you were is dead forever, but the enlightened, the transcendent whole that remains exists where you were.

"I become nothing, and discover that I am everything" Jin Y. Park from Buddhisms and Deconstructions.
>>
>>18143685
I thought there were two, but... I was wrong. Sorry about that.
>>
>>18143683

lel

>>18143685
>You are gone

And then it grows back. Without an ego, you would have a very hard time navigating life.
>>
File: Bhairava8.jpg (29KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bhairava8.jpg
29KB, 1000x600px
>>18143683
What some people call it is what I would call stage 0.
>>18141739
sounds like you got it. Saying its not giving a fuck sounds about right. Try it for a decade and see what happens. ;)
>>18141779
dude... sounds sweet
>>
>>18143690
That's kinda the point...
It is the ultimate form of enlightenment, because you are not shackled by anything.
Completion, and finally freedom.
Once this is attained, you die as a person, and become beyond everything material.
That is the hardest part of ego death, true ego death means the annihilation of the self.
>>
>>18141975
Yeah its weird reading Taoism which I started off with cause its incomprehensible helped me understand Buddhism better and now I get every line.
>>
File: Bhairava5.gif (599KB, 1150x832px)
Bhairava5.gif
599KB, 1150x832px
>>18143698
>I kick the egos teeth out!
>>
>>18143698

You don't seem to have the faintest idea what you're talking about. Sorry.

>>18143702

Wat?
>>
>>18143731
It's not something that a person can understand.
Even I'm going by what I've read and understood, but even that isn't going to be enough.
Ego death, and enlightenment are one in the same. Transcendence beyond the physical plane, beyond life and death into becoming one with everything.
Anyone who says they've experienced ego death never truly has, because once you've done it... you die as a person.
Everything becomes concepts, words that divide energy from itself, structuring it into mundane categories and labels.
We're no different from dirt, a blade of grass, trees, the birds in the sky, the bugs in the soil, the fish in the water, and anything that lives or has ever once lived.
It goes beyond the Earth, beyond the Milky Way, beyond even our meager universe.
We're all energy, all made of the same shit as stars and black holes, divided by petty concepts like ideology, greed, sex, religion, and the like.
It is sad, but once you've gained enlightenment, you can't share that information, because you will transcend us all.
>>
>>18143768
>It's not something that a person can understand.

More like not something that you can understand.

>Even I'm going by what I've read and understood, but even that isn't going to be enough.

I'm not. I am going by what I have experienced.

>Ego death, and enlightenment are one in the same.

Depends on what you mean by enlightenment, actually.

>Transcendence beyond the physical plane, beyond life and death into becoming one with everything.

Mere words.

>Anyone who says they've experienced ego death never truly has, because once you've done it... you die as a person.

I'm afraid you're just babbling nonsense.
>>
If smoking salvia makes you experience ego death then I would describe it as basically getting all your memories disconnected from your brain to the point where you know that you were something but when you try to remember what that "something" was, you can't access anything, you can't remember anything, like a USB drive that has been disconnected from a computer.

And usually it doesn't "feel" like anything until you are plugged back into your ego, which is the time when you remember who you claim to be, all the things that link you to your body and brain come back, and basically you get access to all that info stored in your brain so you start living normally once more
>>
>>18143776
The scariest and most difficult thing is admitting you've not reached enlightenment.
I feel sorry for you, because you've not even touched the surface of it.
Blinded by a fantasy borne from your imagination.
Many cultists have experienced this delusion, poisoned by it, and poison others with it.
The more you hold onto it, the stronger you will fall.
You are not enlightened.
Far from it.
>>
>>18143801
>If smoking salvia makes you experience ego death

Is there any reason to believe that?
>>
>>18143813
>The scariest and most difficult thing is admitting you've not reached enlightenment.

Yeah, I can see that. You are emotionally invested in this and it shows. It isn't enough for you to babble about it on 4chan. You actually pretend to sit in judgment of who is and who isn't enlightened.

How deliciously ironic!
>>
>>18143819
The irony is in the one who is defending himself.
Have I ever stated that I am even enlightened at all?
I adore playing with people.
I have my theories, I have examples of failures and hopefuls.
Right now. I love you to bits. I can smell your ego, it smells wonderful.
>>
>>18143838
>The irony is in the one who is defending himself.

That would be you, desperately clinging to your ideas about something you have never actually experienced.
>>
>>18134851
/thread

A bit vague, but honestly the best description of what it feels like to experience this. The whole idea of ego death is that you realize your perception of self is just a cellular function, and for a moment, you lose that perception.
>>
>>18143853

Not really. It's just that neither of you have experienced ego death.
>>
>>18143846
>That would be you, desperately clinging to your ideas about something you have never actually experienced.

Wow, you hit the problem I have been having with your interpretation. I'm not sure what else I can add.
>>
Here's an idea.

Instead of talking about something you don't understand, why not do something with your life and experience this phenomenon for yourself?
>>
>>18137445
Not entirly true.
Fear of what is to come is removed. It's impossible to threaten an ego dead person.
But there is still the fear of now. Running if you see an angry doggo. Get out of the way of the speeding car. Stuff like that.
>>
>>18143869
Here's your (You)
>>
>>18143914
>>18143919

Why are so many having profound difficulty making coherent comments?
>>
>>18143869
>not convoluted in mystified/philosophical nonsense, must be a false account

You probably think DMT is a portal to another dimension, too, huh? Sorry to break your heart, but ego death really is that simple.

Protip: drop philosophy and declare biology while you're still young and stupid.
>>
>>18143933
>here's your (You)
>not coherent
Welcome to 4chan, newfriend.
>>
>>18143940
>You probably think DMT is a portal to another dimension, too, huh?

Of course not, silly! You really suck as a mind-reader. Stick to shitposting.
>>
>>18143944

I've been here way too long.
>>
File: gorgeousmountainmeditation.jpg (3MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
gorgeousmountainmeditation.jpg
3MB, 2592x1728px
>>18143933
Sorry about the your incoherence.
The ego is the smart guy that protects you.
Keep the guy unchecked and he will keep you alive from every threat. Everything good that happens is because of this guy. Everything bad that happens was because you didn't listen to the guy or that he wasn't given enough power. You will eventually become a prisoner in your own ego if this goes on.
>>
>>18143948
>responds to non-central argument
>stick to shitposting
Well, you're the expert, senpai.
>>
>>18143952
>Sorry about the your incoherence.

lel

>>18143954

No shit.
>>
File: Costanza3.jpg (56KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza3.jpg
56KB, 704x528px
>>18143731
Its true after going down the path I read the deepest spiritual texts and totally get it.
>>
>>18143962

No, you aren't even close.
>>
>>18143768
Concepts are annoying.
>>
>>18143964
I believe that was the point of his joke.
>>
File: Aghora4.jpg (25KB, 295x440px) Image search: [Google]
Aghora4.jpg
25KB, 295x440px
>>18143914
Yep Ive had someone threaten to shoot me in the head and ran after them until they threw the gun.

Threatened to be cut in half with a knife; offered them my knife.

Gangbangers telling me they are going to shoot me up while I laugh in their faces telling them what little bitches they are.

GET ON MY LEVEL!!!
>>
>>18143819
>You actually pretend to sit in judgment of who is and who isn't enlightened.
>>18143846
>something you have never actually experienced.
>etc

lel this guy
>>
File: pepe farm.jpg (72KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
pepe farm.jpg
72KB, 960x960px
>>18143964
lol
>>18143970
I was being serious.
>>
File: 311949-question-mark.jpg (20KB, 364x329px) Image search: [Google]
311949-question-mark.jpg
20KB, 364x329px
It feels like nothing. You freely examine every aspect of yourself - intents, desires, motives, from multiple perspectives and with no emotional attachment or judgement - no ego. You become a truly open book to yourself, naked with no ego to clothe you, and introspection becomes truly transformative.

To get an idea of what this is like, compare it to what it is not. Think about anything about yourself that troubles you, habits, beliefs, assumptions, and judgements that you fear being wrong, or would cause a crisis if they were wrong. Think about anything about yourself that you are reluctant to analyze. What if the people on the internet you get mad at are right? This is the ego at work, a crystallized ego that is resistant to change. After ego death, if it is a true ego death, one's ego becomes much more fluid and malleable as one has learned to examine every part of themselves as if it were not a part of themselves.

The road to this is simple: rigorous and sustained self-inquiry over a long period of time. Examine your deepest held beliefs, judgements, and perceptions about yourself, others, and the world with as much rigor as you can muster. Question yourself to the core. Spare no sacred cows from yourself. Ideally you would do this while engaging in mindfulness meditation as well as writing it out to better organize your thoughts on paper. There are no shortcuts such as drugs, there is only mental discipline and exercise.
>>
>>18143970

I don't see that he had a point.

>>18143980

lel

>>18143995
>I was being serious.

Unpossible.

>>18143997

And another who's never experience it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death
>>
>>18144000
You seem to be the only person in the world who has ever experienced ego death. Care to give (or link post to) a description?

And nice trips.
>>
>>18144000
>Unpossible
>>
>>18144013
>You seem to be the only person in the world who has ever experienced ego death.

What a silly person.
>>
>>18144017
So that's a no? What a big surprise!
>>
>>18144013
Don't feed the trolls.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Have_No_Mouth,_and_I_Must_Scream
>>
Idk if this is ego death but if I look at my self in the mirror too long I start to not recognize myself. I realize that the person everyone sees is not me, because I am just an observer. I also get weirded out over my name.

Pretty uncomfortable desu
>>
>>18143776
>this autistic
>shiggydiggy
>>
>>18143966
They most certainly are.
People tend to bicker and fight over even the most minor of differences, their belief and ignorance acting as a shield against reason, and their bigotry acting as a sword to cleave any they feel is different from them.

>>18143970
I don't think he'll get the joke though.
He's kinda... well, I guess we could call him a "special" snowflake.

>>18144000
I feel sad for you. I adore you for just
>>
Some posters explained it well, but now I'm gonna try to explain it myself (even if it's pretty much explained).
You and your ego are always together, when someone says fuck you and you say "no, fuck you" that's pretty much the ego, it's your ideas and beliefes... The ego is actually you.
When experiencing ego death you see everything without social construct, without your ideals and such, you see it as it is, you don't feel pain, love or regret you see reality.
It's kinda like you died but your body is still there, you died within yourself (your ego).

>experienced ego death twice on a heroic dose of mushrooms (7+ grams)
>>
>>18144022

I was mocking your straw man, silly.

>>18144086
>I adore you for just

lel
>>
>>18144106
I know, I'm slapping myself for being so sloppy.
Oh well.
>>
>>18144102
>The ego is actually you.

It's what you normally experience as you.

>When experiencing ego death you see everything without social construct, without your ideals and such, you see it as it is, you don't feel pain, love or regret you see reality.

This is one aspect of it. It's really quite beyond words. Any frame we attempt to put around it will omit more than it includes.

>experienced ego death twice on a heroic dose of mushrooms (7+ grams)

I miss doing heroic doses of shrooms. It was fun, but after multiple trips my mind/body started to rebel.

I hit samadhi on the course of my magical/mystical career. It shattered my ego and it took several weeks for it to grow back. The perspective you describe above lingered like an afterglow for some time. I had difficulties with interpersonal boundaries and establishing a sequential narrative of recent events for a while, too.
>>
>>18144138
Several weeks?
Sounds scary, but I would love to experience it.
>>
>>18144164

It wasn't scary at all. I'd never felt so good in my life.
>>
>>18144173
I mean the trip you were on to shatter your ego so hard...
>>
>>18144106
It was a sarcastic observation. It has to be an argument to be a straw-man, anyway, dipshit. This isn't even relevant. My point was you offer nothing but vacuous attacks on personal credibility without offering any substance to the thread yourself. This is the second time you've digressed from the point, you vapid fuck.
>>
>>18144191
He can't really provide any evidence to support his own argument.
There is no way to confirm nor deny it.
I can go out and say that I know exactly how you can experience Ego Death.
Anyone can experience it by following my rules.
You gotta believe completely in it though, even a little doubt will fuck you right out of total enlightenment.
You've gotta fast for a month, strip naked, subsist on nothing, but honey and milk, shit in a bag until it is half full, let it ferment in the blazing sun, and huff on it.
Instant Ego Death.

Is it right, I don't really know.
Is it wrong, I can't really say.
Can you confirm or deny it?
No.
>>
>>18144183

Ah, I understand. That was indeed pretty dark and scary. And I'd already lived through some pretty dark times.

>>18144191
>dipshit

Now this fucker, right here, this is enlightementation at its finest. Y'all could really learn something from this guy.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.