[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a gem thread? What kind of crystals do you use? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

Can we have a gem thread? What kind of crystals do you use? What are the magical and / or energetic properties, and how have they worked for you in the past?
>>
Also, I wonder if there's something unique about Bismuth. There's no way a metal that... unique looking doesn't have interesting properties associated with it.
>>
File: 3672154.jpg (583KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3672154.jpg
583KB, 1200x1200px
I think you know what kind of "crystal" I'm into, OP.
>>
>>18134255
It's an "all-chakra" substance that can be used with any chakra. It's also transformative and encourages personal growth.

There are a few other "all-chakra" stones but I think bismuth is one of the best.
>>
I didn't realize we were getting visits from the 1400s.
>>
I have a vast collection of crystals, from all over the world. My collection is probably way better than yours, OP.

As for which of them work the best, none of them do.

Because they're fucking rocks. And there is no scientific study which finds they do shit. Sorry buddy.
>>
>>18134266
Back from the dead, I see.
>>
I have a sodalite I use as a paperweight. It's pretty. I don't think it does shit.
>>
>>18134252
I work with various stones. I don't think they "do" anything, but each type of stone has supposed characteristics/powers, and enough autosuggestion/meditation can bring about noticeable changes. I've managed to trigger more vivid/interesting types of dreams by meditating on the supposed qualities of various stones like amethyst, labradorite, angelite, and selenite, in singular or mixed use. Autosuggestion is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>18134446
So is your position that things don't work unless scientific studies say they do?
>>
File: latest[1].png (366KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
366KB, 1024x717px
>>18134286
Gems have been around a while.
>>
>>18134252

Is that a jerk off crystal bro? My buddy had one and when we jerked off it would glow.
>>
>>18134807
J.O crystal??
>>
>you're supposed to leave a new crystal in a bowl of water during a full moon to "cleanse" it
>or a bowl of sea-salt water
What in the sweet flying fuck?
>>
>>18134541
I work with crystals and stones all the time, and am around people who use them religiously (literally).

This is pretty much the truth of it as far as I can tell, its very much like the magical use of various herbs. Any object can have talismanic "power" through autosuggestion or tradition.

Like herbs however, as I understand it, SOME stones do actually have demonstrable effect, just like SOME herbs so they shouldn't be entirely ignored. The rest is self-hypnosis suggestion or superstition. The placebo effect is fucking amazing though.
>>
>>18135136
don't do this.

This is a bullshit new-age tradition that ends up destroying a lot of crystals or minerals. Do not immerse or leave your minerals immersed in water, especially in salt water. I say this for both collectors and people with metaphysical interest, just do not fucking do it. Wipe them down, clean them, smoke them, pray over them, whatever, but do not leave them immersed in water if you don't want to fuck up your shiny new bauble.

oh also, dont leave your colored quartz (and many other minerals) in direct sunlight, or youll fade them and fuck them up.
>>
>>18135145
What are some cost effective fancy looking gems? I'd like something that looks esoteric but is really just a fancy trinket.
>>
>>18135153
I think youd have to define "fancy" and what kind of look youre going for.

Flourites are cheap and abundant. Theres some really fucking cool looking agates and jaspers. Theres a huge abundance of quartz in a gorillion shapes, cuts and styles, you can get a big fucking huge piece and dangle it in a wire wrap or something. Theres tons of minerals that are mixes of multiple types that are less expensive because theyre not very good mineral samples.

Who are you trying to convince that you are "esoteric" and what kind of impression are you trying to make?
>>
>>18135171
Oh, I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm esoteric, I don't really have anyone to impress. I just want something shrouded in faux-mysticism that looks like it should have some sort of magical quality, but is really just a shiny, angular rock.

I like things that are multifaceted, shiny, and colourful, but that's pretty broad. I like cool colours in general.
>>
>>18135179
get a multicolored tourmaline or some kind of rutilated quartz, or some kind of multicolored quartz, wire wrap the shit out of it and dangle some kind of magical charm off the end, like an eye of horus or something. Instant esoteric nonsense. It shouldnt be too expensive depending on what you find. Also human altered stones are way cheaper than normal stones, so if you can find a piece thats been cut into a point itll be cheaper than a natural point.

You can also find quartz cut into shapes that are "magical" in some way, those might work too.
>>
>>18135186
>multicolored tourmaline
Pretty fancy anon. I like that a lot.

You make your own jewlery, right? How did you get started? What kind of tools would I need? I have a shitload of free time, and I'm looking to get into a new hobby to make people christmas presents.
>>
>>18135153
Selenite can be found in very large impressive formations, an often obtained for a low price. I suggest visiting rock and gem shops in the rocky mountain states such as Colorado, rather than metaphysical or new-age vendors if you are looking for a good deal though.
>>
>>18135191
nah I dont make jewelry but basically, youll need some rocks, a spool of wire, several pairs of different sized pliers, a bunch of patience and a handfull of youtube videos. Wirewrapping is not terribly difficult and can produce some cool stuff. Just look up wire wrapped stone on google.

I know about minerals (and mineral metaphysics) because I sell them, it's not actually my specialty but Ive picked stuff up.

>>18135197
>I suggest visiting rock and gem shops in the rocky mountain states such as Colorado, rather than metaphysical or new-age vendors if you are looking for a good deal though.
Working in a metaphysical shop that sells rocks, in the rocky mountains, I can verify this.

However, there's kind of a problem there too. The mineral shops specialize in mineral specimens, they will have rare and cool minerals, but they might not have esoteric or metaphysical function. Conversely, metaphysical shops will have the right metaphysical stones, but theyll be lacking in certain other minerals.

For instance if you just want any old quartz point, or any old selenite rod, youll find it in both places, so shop at the rock shop. If youre more in depth with the metaphysical side and you want an isis face, manifestation crystal with lemurian sides, you MIGHT find one in the rock shop for a steal (because they dont care about those particular formations, its just a quartz to them) but youll be more likely to find it in a metaphysical store (for an increased price). It all kind of depends on what youre looking for.
>>
>>18135227
I should add to that explanation a little...

certain formations (especially on crystals) can be SUPER fucking rare, like, even more rare than precious stones. And they have commensurate value, but usually ONLY to someone who assigns some meaning to those formations.

A metaphysical store will know, and understand those formations and why theyre special AND how rare they are, and charge you appropriately.

A mineral shop will not know, nor care, nor be able to advise you about those formations and will only have a moderate mark up (if any) on those formations.

If you really know your metaphysical stones, you can find great deals at rock shops, if you dont, you're probably not getting a "special" mineral. There is actually some connoisseur level to the whole industry.
>>
>>18135237
one last note, if you do get into the metaphysical side of crystals, be aware that there are less than honest traders on both sides (metaphysical and mineral shop) that will cut or otherwise 'fake' a rare formation and sell it at premium, it's hard to tell the difference some times so base your opinion on their knowledge and the reputation of the shop. Man-cut crystals will also usually be geometrically perfect and symetrical, whereas naturally formed minerals are rarely that precise and perfect (though it does happen). Also be cautious of heat treated and altered stones. Some crystals and minerals are dyed, exposed to radiation, cooked or otherwise treated to achieve certain results.

Whether this is a problem or not is entirely up to you, but just know that it happens.
>>
File: 1470442116386.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
1470442116386.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>18134252
You people are worse than flat earth believers, fags who believe crystals are magic are the reason everytime I want to add some form of crystal or mineral to my collection I have to enter some hippie mental cases shop and hear them spit retarded shit about how it does (insert batshit crazy magical property here)
>>
>>18135237
Speaking of formations, are you aware of 'record keeper' formations on crystals? They're like pyramid encryptions that stand slightly off of the face of the crystal. I got an amethyst from the head shed of all places that has an insane record keeper face. A large pyramid with two small ones at the end.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (17KB, 373x395px)
images (13).jpg
17KB, 373x395px
Spanish pyrite cubes are best crystals
>>
Quartz for general purposes
>>
>>18135400
>You people are worse than flat earth believers
Opinion noted.
> I have to enter
You HAVE to? really? In this age of ebay and etsy and what Im sure are alternative shopping experiences locally you HAVE to enter a store you don't like? That would be unfortunate if you weren't full of shit and just looking to dump your pink knight bullshit in here. The difference between you and the "hippie mental cases" is that they only gave their opinion where it would usually be welcomed, you brought your opinion somewhere its entirely unneeded and unwelcome. Id like to recommend some malachite and sodalite because your fourth and fifth chakras are a mess brosephine.
>>
>>18135416
>record keepers
>amethyst record keeper
Thats fucking cool, Ive never seen one. I've seen record keepers in normal quartz, I think Ive even seen some rutilated record keepers and record keepers with other elements (dolphin I think) but not on an amethyst, thats nice, you should post a pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 600x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 600x633px
>>
>>18134252
I use the amethyst. I have a few chunks of it. I was told it soaks up the mind waves from your screen and stops your brain from frying or something like that. Whatever I had it and next to my screen is as good a place to keep it as any other
>>
>>18135769
This was the first thing that popped into my mind. Was gonna paraphrase until I saw this.
>>
>>18135876
Wanna jack of together
>>
>>18134446
thats not exactly true. there have been plenty of studies regarding the effectiveness of placebos. if someone genuinely believes a rock will make them feel better, it'll change their outlook on things, and they'll feel better

its not because of the rock, but whats associated with it
>>
>>18134252
I have a nice little crystal and mineral collection going. Some specimens I found in situ, others I purchased. Some are natural, and some are polished. I collect them because I think they are beautiful, and I love geology. Sometimes I like to pretend that they are magical and I am a wizard.
>>
>>18134569
Is your position that blindly believing bullshit makes it true?
>>
I have a spherical amethyst
It is said that amethyst is a gem moves away bad energies and brings good luck
>>
>>18136932

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/False_dilemma
>>
>>18134807
man, i had one of those, but when I tried to get onto an airplane, the tsa confiscated mine. It was just too powerful.It probably messed up the avionics.
>>
File: uranium.jpg (86KB, 481x385px) Image search: [Google]
uranium.jpg
86KB, 481x385px
>>18135139
yeah, like uranium ore.
>>
>>18134266
Hehehe talk about a high energy crystal
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.