[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Within many faiths, there is a significant amount of confusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: jesus.jpg (13KB, 392x374px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
13KB, 392x374px
Within many faiths, there is a significant amount of confusion regarding what happens after death. Some hold that after death, everyone “sleeps” until the final judgment, after which everyone will be sent to heaven or hell. Others believe that at the moment of death, people are instantly judged and sent to their eternal destinations. A large number of people claim that when people die, their souls/spirits are sent to a life review and there is no such thing as a heaven or hell and world is one consciousness experienced from different angles and no absolute good or evil exists. So, what exactly does happen after death?
And also is hell just a threat for people to behave nicely
>>
>>18133200
Well one thing's for certain: It's the same for everyone

Just don't ask me how I know this
>>
Almost done reading Robert Monroe's trilogy of his out-of-body experiences and it's very interesting. According to him you basically go into a part of the astral plane that is a match for you and your beliefs. If you don't believe anything or don't even realize you're dead then there are different ways one can find themselves in limbo until someone helps you get to where you need to go. After some time you take another life in the physical. Ideally one reaches higher and higher levels of the astral after each lifetime until "escape velocity" is reached where one does not have to reincarnate anymore. He viewed Earth as a school that one is eventually meant to graduate from. The model he arrived at echoes what is taught in a lot of Eastern spirituality, which is interesting because Robert himself was a very skeptical left-brained scientific type who had no interest in spiritual teachings of any kind.
>>
>>18133200
No heaven or hell, they are just tools to keep the sheep in place.

We all know we are going to pass, I'm pretty sure we've all tried our hardest to feel what it was like before our birth, but to no avail. What I do know for certain is that prebirth and Death are nothing to be afraid of, especially if there is "nothing," which I personally don't believe is possible as we are here now.

In the end we all come from what's come before.
>>
>>18133292
Fuck that, I fear reincarnation....I hate this shithole and I would HATE to respawn back again....
>>
>>18133200
Something.

Our subjective experience (and IMO the double slit experiment) is evidence that consciousness "exists". In experiencing the universe, our spirit exists within it, and should then be made up of some kind of energy. Energy can't be created or destroyed. Therefore, "something" happens.
>>
>>18133200
>implying a single human life is enough to get you into heaven
Your own understandings pave your way. How do you expect to enter a higher plane without even decent comprehension of the one you're currently in and more importantly, without any understanding about the human soul and your own existence. Say you reincarnate again and again without any memories of previous lives until you either gain enlightenment and ascend a higher plane in you current life or all of the understandings you've gained in past live come together to enlighthen you at some point and help you ascend.
>>
File: Black Light.jpg (7KB, 110x62px) Image search: [Google]
Black Light.jpg
7KB, 110x62px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1lsRtSFPs
Welcome to hell ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A46dVwpd71o
Welcome to Heaven ^

Neither side is a good or bad place to be.
You need to make the judgement to come back to this life. It is a gift to come back and experience life here on this plain of existence especially since we don't have to worry about A LOT OF WHAT WE USED TO. Just realize we are in a period of insanity and denial ATM.
>>
>>18134477
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>18133200
Maybe something happens, or nothing at all. Does it really matter?
>>
>>18133200
It is my belief that in the 'life review', the centre of your awareness, spirit, you, dissociate from your body and from your memories. Kind of like, you don't forget your life, so much as remember everything, which suddenly makes your life seem trivial and sort of comes as a huge relief. But you don't just remember everything all at once, you diffuse out from 'your' life through the associations you made, the things mentally linked to your life. Initially this would be the other side of your interactions with people, so you 'remember' when you were that person you helped out and you feel how good they felt, and you 'remember' what it was like to be that kid you picked on in school and you feel how shit they felt. This initial remembering of the other side of your behaviours is either heaven or hell or likely a mix of the two, depending how you behaved.

Treat others as you would have them treat you, because you're going to remember/ experience that treatment yourself.
>>
>>18134172
This. Never again
>>
>>18134664
This guy knows what he is talking about. Listen to this guy!!!
>>
>>18134585
the first song was pretty good but the video was complete shit
>>
>>18135583
You misinterpret the message relayed in the music. . . You need to understand that this is what it is like in hell and in heaven and why we always find ourselves crawling back to the middle plain.
>>
You go to Hades. Truth
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.