[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Göbekli Tepe - 10,000 year old complex; man who discovered it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: Göbekli_Tepe_site_(2).jpg (4MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Göbekli_Tepe_site_(2).jpg
4MB, 3648x2736px
>The details of the structure's function remain a mystery. It was excavated by a German archaeological team under the direction of Klaus Schmidt from 1996 until his death in 2014; Schmidt believed that they had been early neolithic sanctuaries.
>Göbekli Tepe is regarded as an archaeological discovery of the greatest importance since it could profoundly change the understanding of a crucial stage in the development of human society.
> It remains unknown how a force large enough to construct, augment, and maintain such a substantial complex was mobilized and compensated or fed in the conditions of pre-sedentary society. Scholars cannot interpret the pictograms, and do not know for certain what meaning the animal reliefs had for visitors to the site; the variety of fauna depicted, from lions and boars to birds and insects, makes any single explanation problematic.

And maybe, most importantly:
> The reason the complex was carefully backfilled remains unexplained

So, what's under it, /x/? A portal? Ley lines? Gold? Bodies?

We indiana jones now?

Also ancient structure thread
>>
File: Göbekli_Tepe.jpg (4MB, 4117x1449px) Image search: [Google]
Göbekli_Tepe.jpg
4MB, 4117x1449px
And a wide shot

It's fucking yuge
>>
File: GobeklitepeHeykel.jpg (211KB, 977x1560px) Image search: [Google]
GobeklitepeHeykel.jpg
211KB, 977x1560px
>>
File: Göbekli_Tepe_site_(1).jpg (4MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Göbekli_Tepe_site_(1).jpg
4MB, 3648x2736px
>>
it was a zoo /thread
>>
>>18124221
most of it is also underground but there's no funding to dig it up.
>>
>>18124229
Pic related supposedly dates back to 7500BC but anyway with all those recent discoveries neolithic revolution has to be rewritten.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
>>
>>18124229

This is really pretty fascinating. The animal has a kind of central american vibe to its design.
>>
>>18124775

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/01/150120-gobekli-tepe-oldest-monument-turkey-archaeology/

There are plans to restore it though and no mysterious coverup.
>>
File: IMG_5980.jpg (223KB, 800x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5980.jpg
223KB, 800x628px
>>
>>18126316
Oh shit waddup
>>
One of the most interesting things I'd that it predates the birth of agriculture. The people who built it were likely hunter gatherers. The whole timeline of civilization has to be reconsidered.

I was going to go top gopekli tepe last week but I cancelled the plan because of the coup and the ISIS and all that shit. Fucking ragheads
>>
I was there when visiting familymembers in turkey. Was really interesting. Sadly i have as much info about it as you if not even less. But the rock monuments and stuff were really interesting. Everyone in that area should go to look at it
(Its acailable to the public, but they want some entrance money)
>>
File: dafess.jpg (10KB, 114x188px) Image search: [Google]
dafess.jpg
10KB, 114x188px
>>18124209

Dafuq is that? Some kind of neolithic chicken-man?
>>
>>18126377

Like the NG article said, at the worst point the smoke from the battles could be seen from the hill with the dig site. Christ, just a bit further, and those fuckers might have wiped the whole place off the map. Hopefully they're wiped now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.