[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarot decks How does a beginner go about choosing his first tarot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1471155424010.png (335KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471155424010.png
335KB, 500x500px
Tarot decks
How does a beginner go about choosing his first tarot deck?
I know intuition and sense of connection is a big one, any other things to keep in mind?
Also I would be grateful for deck suggestions.
>>
Get a Rider-Waite-Smith deck, it's the most popular one which means more resources and explanations.

Download any "Tarot for beginners", "Tarot for dummies" etc
>>
>>18123183
Yeah you could get a traditional rider Waite deck to start out. But there are a lot of traditional themed decks to choose from. I think it's important that you find a deck you like, or one that you enjoy looking at, one that is personally "so you!"
>>
Buy a deck of regular playing cards and write the meanings on them.
>>
this belongs in /div/

>>18123396
basic af.

>>18124491
this is better.

>>18124516
this just won't work because its incorrect.

>>18123183
Here's what you do: start looking at tarot decks, when you find one which has images which "speak" to you, that's the one you want. By this I do not mean any hippy shit of it "calling" to you. What I mean is, if the images start to make stories in your head, like you get a very strong impression of who a person on a card is, what they feel, what their background is, what theyre doing on the card, what their history is... if the images can do that for you, that's the best deck to be working with.

The reason why is because you CAN buy a rider waite, or any other basic "starter" deck and learn, but what you will be learning is a "technical" skill. You will be memorizing meanings of cards and then technically reading through them based on traditional meaning. This will work and it will be an interesting hobby but it's missing half of the point, which is the intuitive exercise and practice.

If the cards are speaking to you, first thing to do is not buy any books, temporarily lose the one that comes with the deck, go through all the cards and see what stories you can come up with for every card. Youll have cards you cant figure anything out for, set them aside. Once youve gone through the whole deck, then get out the little booklet and go through all the cards, pay specific attention to the ones that you couldnt intuit from, and get the opinion of the booklet. Read all the other cards too, your intuition will agree with the book in many places, where your intuition was different from the traditional meaning: IGNORE the book, you are correct. Do not let dogmatic meaning alter your sense of intuition.

Then once youve gone through and gotten a good handle, proceed on to the websites and other things that will teach you more about spreads and the deeper meanings behind the patterns and symbols.

(cont)
>>
>>18124533
The reason you have done all this is simple:
Anyone can learn a technical skill with rote memorization and practice, it's not difficult, it's also not very special. You cant be taught intuition, you have to exercise it and practice it, and tarot is an amazing tool for this that will apply in many other places in your life beyond tarot, don't miss the chance to do it properly.
>>
>>18123183

Use Crowley's THOTH Deck. Also acquire the accompanying Book of Thoth.
>>
File: 20160913_213107.jpg (4MB, 2422x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_213107.jpg
4MB, 2422x2660px
>>18123183
If you are interested, I will mail you my Rider deck anon. Haven't used it in a few years.
>>
>>18124535
>You cant be taught how to lie and bullshit people, you have to exercise it and practice it, and tarot is an amazing tool for this that will apply in many other places in your life beyond tarot

fixed it for you
>>
I bought a beginners tarot at the dollar store of all paces. The meanings are written on the cards and have an art deco design. Been planning on getting the For Dummies book that comes with a Rider deck.

i have heard for them to work right you have to have them givin to you. Is this true?
>>
File: bznspeepee.jpg (54KB, 465x576px) Image search: [Google]
bznspeepee.jpg
54KB, 465x576px
>>18124939
Wow you'd really do that?
Contact me on my email please.
[email protected]
>>
>>18124818
Isn't that a hard one to use? I've heard its only recommended to advanced tarot users.
>>
File: received_1179627375405052.jpg (212KB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
received_1179627375405052.jpg
212KB, 1350x2000px
>>18124535
Wow, thanks a lot for all the info. Much appreciated.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>18123183
>How does a beginner go about choosing his first tarot deck?
>I know intuition and sense of connection is a big one,
Exactly, which is why there isn't any advice to give. Go look for a deck anywhere, buy the one you like the most, done.
>>
>>18124965
if you seriously feel that using intuition is to "lie and bullshit" I honestly feel very sorry for you. How do you get through life like that?

OP never said he was even reading for other people, I never said I was reading for other people, are you seriously saying that everyone should ignore their intuition?

Anon I know you're trolling but on the off chance that you might actually hear this message, and you might consider it. I think there may be something really wrong with you. Please see a doctor.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.