[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism and Magick General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 50

File: startedimage4635.jpg (202KB, 1080x1145px) Image search: [Google]
startedimage4635.jpg
202KB, 1080x1145px
Library of Ape:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Hanegraaff's “Esotericism and the Academy: Rejected Knowledge in Western Culture”.
Shakespeare and Early Modern Religion

>Alchemy
The Alchemy Reader (Cambridge)

>Babylonian
Lamastu: An Edition of the Canonical Series of Lamastu Incantations and Rituals and Realted Texts from the Second and First Millennium BCE

>Enochian
Apocalyptic Cartography

>Gnostic Studies
Apocalypse of the Alien God: Platonism and the Exile of Sethian Gnosticism
The Demiurge in Ancient Thought: Secondary Gods and Divine Mediators
Metaphor and Sacrifice in the Bible
Codex Schoyen 2650: A Middle Egyptian Coptic Witness to the Early Greek Text of Matthew’s Gospel

>Grimoires
Natural Magick by John Baptista Porta
The Cambridge Book of Magic: A Tudor Necromancer's Manual

Because an autosaged thread is a sad thread indeed
>>
>>18122014
Dig the pic.
>>
>>18122014
dank
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for a little bit of advice. I'm fairly new to the occult and want to start doing more ceremonial/ritual stuff but since college started back up it's been pretty impossible to find somewhere I can yell at an altar without being disturbed. Is anyone experienced with working around the constant presence of roommates/neighbors to set up rituals, or am I gonna have to stick with just sigils and meditation for a while?
>>
bullshit occultism
>>
>>18122178
?
>>
>>18122186

!
>>
Look its a Pull my dick I have read more occult books than you thread.
>>
>>18122248
https://mega.nz/#!NZpQVLQY!_6CEJscoGColSYAopgdLTsHwX2QR_d7BjyW6ZA_PDQE

For more than two hundred years, the world has held a prejudiced view of the Illuminati. Much has been claimed for and against the Order - its name synonymous with secrecy, intrigue, and mystery in the modern context, despite a poverty of concrete evidence in the English language. Little has been said about the factual structure and development through its life cycle. The Secret School of Wisdom - The Authentic Rituals and Doctrines of the Illuminati, is a ground-breaking text. It marks the first time that a comprehensive ritual book for the society has been re-assembled. Every degree, its instruction and associated texts, has been included and assembled in chronological order of progression. The reader is guided along the same path as many of Germany's most enlightened men, as they were in the years immediately prior to the French Revolution.

Be forewarned, the appendix is missing, for a few reasons. One, it's late and I'll have to finish the scan next week. Two, it's mostly pre-Illuminati concept materials or supplementary instruction. Three, the book was intended to be published without the appendix, but they kept unearthing more obscure and detailed papers (the text was delayed about four months to fit them in). Four, I'll be putting a full version with appendix in the Freemasonry>Illuminati folder with my next regular library update.
>>
>>18122178
They should change them to

/Egg/ ego inflation general
>>
THANK
YOU.
>>
So I'm reading The Middle Pillar and the Hebrew seems sketchy. For example: Malkus instead of Malkuth. Is this something I should worry about? I don't know Hebrew and don't wanna get bamboozled.
>>
>>18122288
It probably is sketchy but there are a few ways to render words. I tend toward Malkut.
>>
when you curse someone ... how can I protect myself
>>
File: S4hTFRz.jpg?1.jpg (20KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
S4hTFRz.jpg?1.jpg
20KB, 540x380px
>>18122251
Only when thoth's involved.
>>
>>18122343
Make sure they deserve it. Where symbols of protection so you don't get 'infected' by the hazardous materials you may use.
>>
File: angry.gif (10KB, 300x129px) Image search: [Google]
angry.gif
10KB, 300x129px
I did 4 /sum/mons guys
Intense shit happened, Intense dreams and all that good stuff, heard voices falling asleep and upon waking up. But how do i see and talk to them in the moment?
>>
>>18122008

Reposting from previous thread
>>
Long-time Muslim here.

I want to quit Islam. I'm tired of the societal obligations of my religion, the expectations of chastity and humility. My boyfriend isn't Muslim, and I don't want to be in a religion that tells me who I can and can't love. So I decided... I want to be a witch. How do I be a witch?
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 960x942px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 960x942px
>>18122688
Do you know the God of witches? You must find Him and pledge yourself to Him. He goes by many names... the Witchfather, the Faerie-King, the Horned God, Melek Taus, Shaitan, Lucifer, Cerrunos, Pan... furthermore, you must cast aside all humility and chastity and intoxicate yourself with strange drugs and wines. To begin your quest, you will need to read lots of books. You’ll encounter the Witchfather in a lot of books that people these days regard as being part of ‘Traditional Witchcraft’: Nigel Jackson’s Masks of Misrule, and Call of the Horned Piper (both of which have exercises like the Sabbat song, the Rite of the Horns of Misrule, etc.) and Michael Howard’s The Pillars of Tubal-Cain (which I do not recall having exercises, but I haven’t revisited it in a long time). These tend to owe homage to even older works, like Evan John Jones and Doreen Valiente’s Witchcraft: A Tradition Renewed, The Roebuck in the Thicket (specifically Chapter 8: The Ritual of the Castle), and perhaps even Paul Huson’s Mastering Witchcraft (which doesn’t focus on the Horned One too much, but has plenty of exercises). Good luck.
>>
Anybody have any books regarding roman/greek pantheon blessings and rituals?
>>
>>18122595
Begin Meditation
|
V
Work towards entering Trance State
|
V
Gnosis on Entity

[Friendly Reminder]: Whenever conducting Entity work, always perform Banishing before and after Evocation.
>>
File: 1.png (296KB, 1051x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
296KB, 1051x1378px
Presented for /x/'s consideration, and also for the present ongoing thread's consideration, please find the following nine page article concerning the spoken word recordings of Aleister Crowley. I've prepared this article in a bid to find the "lyrics" of the recordings, and later to investigate the historical contexts as an exercise.

WANTED: THE TEXT/"LYRICS" OF "ONE SOVEREIGN FOR WOMAN", BY ALEISTER CROWLEY (see subsequent posts). ANY ANON WHO CAN PROVIDE SAME IS A COOL CAT.

Aleister Crowley made a small series of spoken word recordings which have gained popular traction. I investigated these in some detail and the present document (over nine .PNGs) is the result thus far. This will be old-hat for some of you but I enjoyed putting this document together, and I hope to improve it soon. I also hope that other /x/ users learn something about Crowley that they maybe didn't know before! In particualr, LaVey cribbed (ripped?) the Enochian "Keys" for his Satanic Bible. It turns out that both men have notable spoken word recordings, with both having recited their own versions of the "keys", though the more diligent occultist is wont to take issue with the calls/keys thing.

The article is in a "publishable" state, but it is not complete. I intend to add a few more pages with enochian renderings (since I can get LaTeX to do this!), but the formatting is tedious. Hence this beta run of the document.

1/9
>>
File: 2.png (357KB, 1062x1385px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
357KB, 1062x1385px
>>18122800

2/9
>>
File: 3.png (261KB, 1048x1385px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
261KB, 1048x1385px
>>18122807

3/9
>>
File: 4.png (124KB, 1066x1376px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
124KB, 1066x1376px
>>18122813

4/9
>>
File: 5.png (187KB, 1068x1384px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
187KB, 1068x1384px
>>18122819
>>
File: 6.png (105KB, 1056x1380px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
105KB, 1056x1380px
>>18122824

6/9
>>
File: 7.png (161KB, 1060x1380px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
161KB, 1060x1380px
>>18122829

7/9
>>
File: 8.png (156KB, 1062x1380px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
156KB, 1062x1380px
>>18122835

8/9
>>
The only real magic is meme magic.
>>
File: 9.png (195KB, 1062x1384px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
195KB, 1062x1384px
>>18122839

9/9, an explanatory chart to follow immediately, encapsulating similar provenance information in an easier graphic.
>>
>>18122792
Chaldean Oracles, Greek Magical Papyri, De mysteriis
>>
File: graph.png (104KB, 1627x897px) Image search: [Google]
graph.png
104KB, 1627x897px
>>18122846

A friendlier, simpler graphic of the footnote-information in the above. Have yet to integrate the two versions.

Listen to Aleister Crowley! These bulk links sound to be satisfactory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMN4Du2qdNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzVc4jBQQuQ

It would seem, after some investigation, that the song at the end of the latter link is just sung "by some guy" (a baritone) in 1942, and not by Crowley.
>>
>>18122256
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bump for freshly scanned initiatory materials.
>>
>>18122674
There's nensha, or psychic photography. I haven't seen any results that make me want to try it though and everything from tarot to the yi to sitting down and shutting up is already working for that. But if I did it would go something like this.

>be 念写霊媒
>turn mysterious camera into portable shrine using proprietary ingredients
>go on chuuni photog outings
>do the black dance in appropriate setting while reexposing film
>develop
>???
>>
>>18122772
This is not true, muslim-chan. Magic is all Mind immediated. You don't need no sky daddy (although if you unionize yourself with the one true God then you will be able to do literally anything even literally "impossible things" like retroactively cause your own birth. I can't say any more than that but this guy is bullshittin about having to pledge yourself to anyone or anything to do magic. Everything done with intent to cause change if magic. Magic is intent + energy. Anything else is window dressing.
>>
Sup /x/

Where can I find more information about worship and rituals/magic for Enki? Any recommended reads?
>>
>>18123563
It's in the Library under Babylonian.

-Update on 74 current-
Entity Work points to the Governor of the Holy City for Consultation. Going to wait till the circumstance and my own mental state is better before attempting to enter the 11th. Opening the 11th is a bit further than I have gone before, it's... terrifying to come that close to the Abyss.
>>
>>18123563
Unless you meant past that. In which case you can look into Orientalia 34-41, Reallexikon der Assyriologie. I'd also look into learning their number system in-depth as that tends to be the cornerstone for understanding systems.
>>
>>18123635
>>18123641
Yes, thanks anon.
For clarification I've been trying to find some decent info beyond the 'hail satan' shit plastered all over the web. I'm trying to get some actual Sumerian or Babylonian stuff.
>>
File: 1467815969248.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467815969248.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
What can magic do for ME.

How will doing LBRP and other random stuff affect my life?
>>
>>18123740
You'll be able to waste a whole lot of time
>>
File: 039.jpg (65KB, 412x352px) Image search: [Google]
039.jpg
65KB, 412x352px
>>18123485
Ape, What is your opinion on Anton Lavey.
>>
File: 1471890211462.png (100KB, 1093x797px) Image search: [Google]
1471890211462.png
100KB, 1093x797px
Muslim-Anon here

I took the "are you a witch?" test in The Satanic Witch, and scored a 10. Is this awesome?
>>
>>18123873
The Satanic Witch is more about PUA tactics than actual witchcraft though.
>>
>>18122772
This is bullshit.

Magick is nothing but visualization+emotion+action. Anything else is swapping one religion for another.
>>
>>18123740
I did that every morning for several months and the effect was similar to what I later found described as preparation for the arising of kundalini (which I haven't experienced yet).

There is no difference between traditions and practices except for personal preference and belief systems, so just pick some system and go all the way through. Spiritual growth is belief-agnostic.
>>
File: 1419031891844.jpg (217KB, 459x662px) Image search: [Google]
1419031891844.jpg
217KB, 459x662px
What does this general think of Kek worship? It feels as logical as any other magick but I'm a magick pleb. Can some ascended neetsters please enlighten me?
>>
>>18124198
Do you believe the Chaos Frog wills things to happen and expresses his Word via repeating digits? If yes, the answer is likewise.
Kek is a hivemind thoughtform. That is literally how Gods are born.
>>
>>18124216
Yea but the theory is he's an older God, right? Does anyone know anything about those older rituals and lore? What's the next step in his manifestation? Would legit love some book recs on the subject if anyone has anything...
>>
Where's the best place to start when I want to learn about magic and occultism? bare bones beginner here, I know absolutely nothing.
>>
>>18124198
Ahistorical and ungrounded trash little better than the very basic mechanics of Chaos Magick.

If someone can present some kind of synchretic worship that appears to understand Ogdoadic worship with some accounting of the Egyptian concepts of the soul, Akhet, the ritual year, etc., I'd be amazed.

>>18124047
At some point there's a LOT of intersection. I wouldn't even describe it as "PUA" just general manipulation. Remember the text was geared toward women, not dudes.

>>18123762
Meh. His students did more with occultism than he did. Lifts a lot from Crowley. More tragic of a figure than many occultists. At the end of the day he's largely "babby's first" material.

>>18123635
Good luck. I think what you're doing is stupid, but good luck.

>>18124306
Wikipedia.
>>
>>18124387
It is in stupidity that rests madness and in madness truth.
But yeah I agree. Running headfirst careening into ZAX seems immensely fucking dumb, and that's going to be what I assume IKH points to.
>>
>>18124412
I find it hard to believe you've done all the recommended pathwork.

You're going to go SIDEWAYS if you try to pierce 10 with zero momentum from the system.

Work the paths on the Tree through Teth, then, go back down to TEX. Work your way up, and follow the instructions you're given.

While you're doing this use any number of sexual praxes to push you through Iesod, while simultaneously working on the Shells.

Remember, there's going to be precious little to work with UNLESS you start throwing off "spiritual fumes" as it were to accrete in the Klipot. May I recommend the story of Buddha fighting Mara as exemplar of this process.

You cannot have a spiritual shell of habituation if you don't already have a spiritual habit...this can easily be applied along other vectors, but it's going to give you some insight to the subtlety of the mechanisms of the Klipot to use the spiritual approach as of now.
>>
>>18124387
>>18124387
Is there anything in the Mega about the nature of blood pacts? I can't access it atm but I'd thought I'd ask.
>>
>>18124429
As my earlier post indicated, you would be correct in assuming that my pathwork is not there yet, it definitely needs more work. Perhaps far, far more work than I realized.
It's a long-term project, but one which I am committed to realizing.
>>
>>18124456
Another point to remember:

You're not looking to cross using the Aethyrs for what you intend to do. That comes much much later. Technically, you're not crossing at all, you're going to be going on a preparatory vacation in the Da'ath.

So instead of trying to gate in through traditional means, you're going to be trying to *backdoor* your way into Da'ath by working Iesod in a particular manner.

>Me: I have made a secret door,
>Into the house of Ra and Tum,
>Of Kephra and of Ahathoor.

Crowley actually touches on this a bit when he's talking about Malkut set up as a Jewel on the throne of Babalon.

The risk in all this is you could wind up like Frater Achad or Ken Grant.
>>
File: 056.jpg (73KB, 420x306px) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
73KB, 420x306px
>>18124387
LaVey question asker here
That's kinda interesting I was asking because I always blindly assumed he was sensationalist new age Lhp shit tier shit but I guess I should read a little bit into him thanks ape
>>
>>18124479
I mean, he's not great. He's a standard proponent of the psychological model without the intellectual rigor of academics or the spiritual discipline of the ritualists.

But, considering where a couple of his early students ended up going, I can't really shitpost the guy too hard outside of being an idiot's guide to Ayn Rand, Ragnar Redbeard, and watered down Nietzsche and Crowley.
>>
File: 155.jpg (73KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
155.jpg
73KB, 512x512px
>>18124485
Exactly what I figured about him kek thanks
>>
What chakra should I work on to deal with envy and jealousy?
>>
File: 436.jpg (184KB, 445x545px) Image search: [Google]
436.jpg
184KB, 445x545px
>>18124599
Dubs require answer!
>>
>>18122800
What font is this?
>>
>>18122288
Ashkenazi dialect.
>>
Roll call boys.

Who sits on the throne?
>>
>>18123635
>terrifying to come that close to the Abyss.

Huh? What are you so scared of? Finding out you are a mega scrub?

You're trying to take shortcuts to get to locations you can't really locate. Shit will be locked up tight.
>>
Guys I made a sigil asking for a glimpse of my HGA and fapped on it. Later in the day I saw spherical greenish entities moving about while in a trance state, in this state I heard a voice which said: "Do not doubt yourself". After all of this I had a mental breakdown with paranoia and a feeling I was going to die. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>18124599
>>18124612

That's not how that works. You're better off with lifting weights and adding a basic mediation regime. You don't need any more than, say, 15 minutes per session. Meditate on the particular situations that involve this envy and jealousy. Your chakras will correct themselves on their own, as long as you try.

FYI, you won't be able to identify which one is "weaker" until you have worked with them for some time and have a feel for all of them. They should be worked on together, not one at a time. Do your reading before approaching this, as most of the information is New Age bullshit that can ruin your life if you are not careful (especially if you find a program that works).
>>
>>18124819
>>18124819
against all odds you got what you asked for. What followed was a necessary corollary to that as even that glimpse required an Opening To which when undergone rapidly would be disorienting and threatening.

Alternatively, delusions brought on by self-hypnosis.

feed that eros, keep pushing forward and let us know what happens
>>
>>18124937
>basic mediation regime
>mediation
I meant *meditation* here.
>>
>>18124938
PS I'm full of shit and that's only my best guess based on what would probably not be enough info even for someone who knows what they talk about to reach any conclusions
>>
>>18124599
Ajna
>>
In assumption of the Godform, can the Godform be a fictional character?
>>
How well do you need to know the material for the A∴A∴ student exam? I feel like I know the sweep of the material but couldn't tell you the rank of the lemegeton entities or recall how to do geomancy according to that essay in The Equinox
>>
>>18124819

>>18124938
>feed that eros, keep pushing forward and let us know what happens

at least let the man you are telling this too know he is not your friend before you give him awful advice.
>>
>>18122014
>The Demiurge in Ancient Thought: Secondary Gods and Divine Mediators

Sweeeet, I have been reading everything I can about the demiurge and hermes-thoth- mercurius
>>
File: keko.jpg (45KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
keko.jpg
45KB, 400x529px
>>18124662

The font in the .pngs is called "Computer Modern". It was designed by the prominent computer scientest Donald Knuth.

Computer Modern is the default font used by the the scientific text-formatting software called LaTeX. LaTeX is currently favored by people who work in the sciences, to elegantly render complex formulas, "make pretty articles", etc. As you might guess, I've been using LaTeX to prepare the article.

A later state of the article will include renderings of the two "keys" in their original Enochian, since as I indicated, I can make LaTeX spit this out and still look pretty. The Enochian font itself is available at just one of the four or so links given on the language's wiki (last I checked a few months ago), and those letters, for a very different font, are in fact modeled exactly on the very table of the Enochian alphabet which is published in Crowley's Liber LXXXIX(V) del Chanokh, pic related.
>>
What's the best magical way to make myself more able to accept love and appreciation from my friends rather than feeling like I don't deserve it?

I feel like it's gonna take something with more kick than a sigil.
>>
File: S1e9_mabel_squee.png (454KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
S1e9_mabel_squee.png
454KB, 1280x718px
>tfw the library is working again

Also, oh shit, more grimoires! I really need to get back to reading the ones I have.

Also, let's suppose I was going to make a subfolder in my occult books folder for literature on demons (okay, it's a subfolder within a subfolder for other monsters, spiritual beings, and mythical creatures). Which books should I put in there? Should I include things like the Goetia, or just scholarly literature on demonology itself?
>>
>>18125121
Meditate on why you feel like you don't deserve it. Really ask yourself, and dont accept I don't know for an answer. A voice will respond saying I am <insert problem here>. GIve up being that.
>>
File: state.png (222KB, 1830x898px) Image search: [Google]
state.png
222KB, 1830x898px
>>18124662

What I intend to put together to finish is very similar to something that Hymenaeus Beta (?) compiled as editor of the Mathers/Crowley Goetia: a parallel text of the following: an original Enochian text, an English transliteration of that Enochian text, and the corresponding English translation, word-for-word as it were. Reviewing this has given me confidence that I am "reverse-engineering" the Enochian corrrectly, although other eyeballs would be helpful.

Basically another 2-3 pages, putting the things together, and then actually annotating what I did.

Pic related is a working state. I'm snagged on formatting atm! Constructive criticism welcome, but I'm not done with it. - spacing needs to be improved.

Notice how the Enochian characters in this picture look exactly like the ones given in the table >>18125119 .
>>
>>18125055
hierarchy of goods bro, if he pursues the beloved in earnest he'll suffer trials but he may just consummate the union one day
>>
>>18125162
>he may just
If I remove this from the sentence, you are dangerously mistaken. The earnestness of the pursuit only insures that the nature of the pursuit is earnest.

If you don't understand the depth of what you are talking about and are just trying to help, you should know that you are breaking the oath of silence in the worst way.

If you know what you are talking about, and are giving someone bad advice intentionally, bad things are coming your way.
>>
>>18125213
It's definitely the former, and I'll keep my silence in the future if you can prove you're not bullshitting
>>
>>18125213
At any rate, if you remove the qualifier from the sentence you'll be changing the meaning of the claim which I quite intentionally qualified
>>
>>18125162
goddamn you guys are so full of shit. jesus fucking christ.
>>
File: 1470702376320.jpg (47KB, 475x413px) Image search: [Google]
1470702376320.jpg
47KB, 475x413px
>>18124485
>>
>>18123552
>not realizing the witchfather is the one true God
>>18124163
>being a stupid new-ager
>>
>>18125261
>It's definitely the former, and I'll keep my silence in the future if you can prove you're not bullshitting

You've touched on something related to the HGA and crossing the abyss. Eros is a daemon, which is an aspect of the transcendental Subjectivity which is the Great Daemon which personal manifestations of the HGA stem from.

You dont have to be silent about everything. If you really didnt know, no harm no foul. Glad I could tell you since if you're starting to stumble on it, it is coming. Prepare yourself.

>>18125273
I changed the meaning of the claim to give you the benefit of the doubt. Giving someone reckless advice that potentially has serious negative consequences is redeemed by the possibility that it all turns out okay. The whole point of the teachings before is to prepare so it doesnt go bad.
>>
>>18125519
Oh, good. You actually are retarded.
>>
File: 1470841649149.gif (394KB, 215x160px) Image search: [Google]
1470841649149.gif
394KB, 215x160px
God is real, Satan is real

Choose life and love

That is all kbai
>>
>>18125700
Make a retarded post, get a retarded reply.
>>
I want to hypnotize people in a private setting, but I've realized that occult or semi-religious stuff is very good for manipulating the unconscious.

Instead of being a guy with a few tricks up his sleeve, you become a prophet. Evoking feelings can be attributed to evoking spirits, and it won't seem like a persuasion technique anymore.

What are some ways I could integrate the occult into hypnosis sessions, /x/?
>>
>>18124967
I invoke anime characters on weekly basis.
>>
i was just reading one of the files in the introductory materials folder. (Alister Crowley - magick in theory and practice)

i find that in the beginning portions on definitions, postulates, and theorems it is a strangely close parallel to the teachings of landmark. (landmark forum etc.)

does anyone else notice this?
>>
File: 1471911019151.jpg (60KB, 373x348px) Image search: [Google]
1471911019151.jpg
60KB, 373x348px
>>18124967
>Is invoking the soul of my friend the same as communion with the spirit of God?
>>
>>18125843
There are a lot of ways to approach this, do you want to conceal the hypnosis, do you want to conceal the occult, or both?

If your audience is there for a reason related to the occult you just have to fragment your occult script/speech and your hypnosis battery, then fit each technique under the appropiate part of the speech. Let's say you want to start by stablishing mass raport, during that process you'll use for example an occult script that makes people feel sorry about you, like a story about the spirit of your little brother who died in an accident. Make sure to use wide gestures and always keep your hands above your waist.

Don't know if you get the idea of the process, anyways, keep a dynamic performance, make people move, stand or whatever, always watch the reactions. If there are people who come together separate them, if there are skeptics put them among the most suggestible people.

It's all about pacing and reaction, my grandfather did this for a living and i had to live with him some years so i soaked up a lot.
>>
>>18126050
Conceal hypnosis. And also conceal Cialdini type persuasion; it's all sort of blurred together.

I should probably do group stuff, since emotions are contagious, but it'll be one-on-one, almost social, mainly with women. I've capped your post for future reference.

The setting would be a room, at night, sitting in private. The aim is to draw out information on the subject's personal life while also making profound sounding comments and taking her on an emotional journey.

Occultism, which interests me because of it's ritualism and aesthetics, would here be a nominal reason for this weird conversation to happen. Another advantage is that I can always change course by claiming sudden inspiration.
>>
>>18124412
>But yeah I agree. Running headfirst careening into ZAX seems immensely fucking dumb,

Dumb, but ultimately self-correcting. Chomp, chomp, chomp...

>>18124429
>You're going to go SIDEWAYS if you try to pierce 10 with zero momentum from the system.

Pretty much this.

>>18124468
>echnically, you're not crossing at all, you're going to be going on a preparatory vacation in the Da'ath.

And this.

>The risk in all this is you could wind up like Frater Achad

The evidence would seem to suggest that Achad made it across, but point taken.

>>18124734
>Huh? What are you so scared of?

kek
>>
>>18124974
>How well do you need to know the material for the A∴A∴ student exam?

Pretty well.

>>18125149

Why?

>>18125547
>You've touched on something related to the HGA and crossing the abyss.

Oh god...
>>
Anybody here dealt with Hermes (the Greek deity as he is described in non/pre-Hermetic sources) much? Thoughts on focusing my efforts largely on generating and trying to become more like him?
>>
>>18126261
*venerating not generating
>>
File: 1470043609607.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470043609607.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>18126261
>I don't know anything about working metals but I plan to learn about metals in the future
Ave
>>
>>18126264
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>18124938
Original poster to whom you replied. Care to elaborate more on this? Any books?
>>
>>18126418
>>18122840
That shit is basically chaos magick
>>
Where do I start if I want to get into magick?
>>
>>18126507
The beginner's folder.
>>
>>18126510
Ty , didn't see that folder at first.
>>
>>18126196
>Dumb, but ultimately self-correcting. Chomp, chomp, chomp...

Very true, and kinda the point, but I'm not sure everyone lasts long enough to go the distance. Getting belched out and back seems to be a real possibility in my experience, and not pleasant. Just me?
>>
>>18126556
>Getting belched out and back seems to be a real possibility in my experience, and not pleasant. Just me?

Nope, not just you. I fell out of Binah and through the abyss. Falling was bad. Landing was bad. Finding my way back wasn't much fun, either. And I'm something of a success story.
>>
>>18126556
>I'm not sure everyone lasts long enough to go the distance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXKWBcaV3A
>>
>>18126578
Heh, makes sense. I'm shambling back "up", and I'm... not a success story. Maybe it helps that there's no bearable alternatives tho, what was once tenable below the abyss seems irreversibly changed. Amazingly, getting back up seems like the best option. It's much like going to war with a smile tho. Insane and hopeful, and feels foolish... or foolhardy, at least.

>>18126580

Appropriate. Wonder if they were over-relying on their sight.

On a related note, there's a vertigo inherent to Binah, or maybe to approaching it, that I have no easy time dealing with. Thoughts?
>>
>>18126468
I'd be happy to, just remember that i'm basically full of shit

So, odds are what you experienced was not "a glimpse of your HGA", in any straightforward way, as that's a deep attainment relative to the effort you put in. On the other hand it's possible, and if you keep pursuing your HGA my bet is you'll eventually see this as a communication or reaching down of some kind so I'll proceed with the assumption that you opened yourself to your HGA with your shitty little wank-ritual and created a space for it to reach down to you. For a better idea of what I have in mind here read the portion of the book of the Zohar Lekh Lekha, especially the part dealing with circumcision and the aligning of tiferet malkuth and yesod (HGA in this context being the tiferet that your action allowed to flow down), or to a lesser extent pretty well any christian writer of renown on grace. Usually this sort of Glimpse would require some sort of regimen of self-work or devotional work to open oneself up to divine lover/beloved, for the HGA tradition check Abramelin and Eshelmans book on the A∴A∴. This would involve a period of self-overcoming and mounting self-knowledge which would at times be troubling and unpleasant. Because you wanted a shortcut, you had to undergo a great deal of this in a short period in order for even a tiny Glimpse to be possible, this was psychologically threatening and overwhelming and frightening. that's the mental breakdown and associated symptoms. Compare the sort of bad trips poeple have before they meet a bening spirit while on ayahuasca, or the recurring motif of the destruction and reconstruction of a shaman, or the sorts of apocalyptic visions many folks have when working enochian. Again please remember I'm full of shit.
>>
>>18126642
WRT feed that eros, keep pushing forward

again the key points for the HGA tradition are abramelin and Crowley ("enflame thyself in prayer"), but you should definitely read The symposium and republic with good commentary (maybe strauss and bloom), and any number of christian mystical and bhakti yoga texts. Basically, you started courting your HGA with your dumb wank-ritual and now the motherfucking dance is on. If you want to consummate the union, you've got to lose yourself in the pursuit. Let the eros drive you to practices to seek the HGA, and let those practices enflame the desire until you are all longing. There will be trials and suffering. Come back and let us know how it's going so we can learn from you and you from us. Again, keep in mind I AM FULL OF SHIT.
>>
Hey, Ape. You may want to add Patrick Dunn's "Postmodern Magic" to the Mega. I'd say it's close to chaos magic but not identical, and a beginner can pick it up and use it with no real issue if they're even remotely careful (i.e., do shit in some semblance of order and don't jump straight to the HGA stuff, for example). It's how I got my start, and I highly recommend it.

You can get the PDF by just going to Google and typing in "patrick dunn postmodern magic pdf" without the quotes. Should be the top result.

(Don't confuse it with the supplement "Postmodern Magick" for the Unknown Armies RPG.)
>>
>>18126748
I thought I had a copy.
>>
Magic doesn't exist faggot.
>>
>>18122058
I have the exact same problem. I just decided to go out to the country on the weekends and find a nice remote hill. idk where you live but thats what I do
>>
>>18126755
Maybe I just didn't see it?
>>18126782
>not believing in magic in a young girl's heart
>how the music can free her whenever it starts
Pleb.
>>
>>18126782
You're correct. However, auto-psychoengineering is most often the goal of an occultist. To reengineer the mind based on the principles of nature and metaphysics, to undo the damage done by modern society (think mass media, unchecked social engineering, etc) is the goal of occult practices. How this is done varies based on what you practice. The rituals are simply to ground your psychological processes in the concrete, observable world around you and self-legitimize your efforts. When you've reached the point of re-naturalization of the psyche, you may be inclined to think that you're 'enlightened' but the reality is that you must constantly reinforce the virtues you set out to define your consciousness with in order to stay 'enlightened'. Magic is not real, but you should recognize the power of human psychology to shape the observable world.
>>
>>18126782
>I can't do it therefore it's not real
>my religion (atheism / scientism) says it's not real therefore it is not real
>>
what is it like to worship tiamat?
>>
what is everyone's day job?
>>
>>18126853
I'm this guy,
>>18126642
I mostly run audits
>>
This guy again
>>18126642
>>18126660
Criticize me, please! If not for my sake then for his
>>18126468
>>
>>18126825
I actually believe magic is closer to intersubjective rather than entirely subjective. Kind of a semiotic/psychological/sociological model rather than a purely psychological one.
>>18126842
Kind of a pain in the ass, desu. You have to wait to summon him, and he's not even in all the games.
>>18126853
Anthropology master's student.
>>18126880
Just stop fucking posting. That guy will be fine if he pretends it didn't happen and takes it slow like he would have if nothing happened.
>>
>>18126853
got my EE degree, ended up in Web Development
>>
>>18126893
>I actually believe magic is closer to intersubjective rather than entirely subjective. Kind of a semiotic/psychological/sociological model rather than a purely psychological one.

Well if you subscribe to, or selectively apply (as I do), Jungian psychology then the baseline of human development springs from a collective objective experience. This is something that I think should be given more attention in psychological study, because recently it was observed that trauma endure by holocaust victims was passed down genetically to their children, which hints at a yet undiscovered biological basis for collective experience. Apply that to a society and ritual practices becomes something more than a method of dealing with personal demons, so in a sense I agree with you.
>>
>>18126914
Anon you're replying to here.
>which hints at a yet undiscovered biological basis for collective experience.
Not exactly. It's epigenetics and while we don't know a whole lot about it, it's a well-known phenomenon. Happens in the US too, especially in poor black neighborhoods which are the most likely to have severe pollution. Additionally, children who were in the womb in the general vicinity of the towers collapsing on 9/11 (not just close enough for the mother to have breathed in dust, but close enough for her to be terrified) were born with higher levels of cortisol.
>>
>>18126933
I should have chosen my words better. I did't mean to imply that epigenetics where new, but my point was that very little is known about the exact processes and body-wide interaction that take place, and most of the data is (necessarily) correlational. The whole point of that piece of information is that biologically there is something there that may well be an objective basis for Jung's collective unconscious theory, and that this gives (albeit small, correlational, mostly hypothetical) evidence for as you said an 'intersubjective' basis for magic. I was mostly agreeing with you.
>>
What's the fastest and most effective way to stimulate my kundalini?

Inb4 Yoga cuz I already do that
>>
>>18126243

Because I can!
>>
>>18122256
>https://mega.nz/#!NZpQVLQY!_6CEJscoGColSYAopgdLTsHwX2QR_d7BjyW6ZA_PDQE

Is this the completed version? The other one you posted was like 100mb. Are you going to scan more parts of the book, or is this the download that will be included in the library update? I just don't know whether I should download this version or not.
>>
File: 1467493940200.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467493940200.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>18126981
>rushing things in the occult
>rushing fucking kundalini
>>
>>18126981
You will go insane.
>>
>>18126998
>being a pussy
Enjoy being a low energy loser while I'm overflowing with shakti.
>>
>>18127002
so be it.
>>
>>18126981
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/8185787158/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473876352&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=kundalini+tantra&dpPl=1&dpID=41X4lHnpgvL&ref=plSrch
>>
>>18124047
Manipulation tactics are "actual witchcraft" though. People able to read and manipulate people is fundamental to the occult (and probably part of the reason witches used to be persecuted). Social retards can't be witches.
>>
>>18126981
Fucking naruto fans taking spiritual/religious concepts in their literal form. If you want to be enlightened and "awake kundalini" just turn into an autistic flowerpot and put a smile in your face for the rest of your life.

If you want to shoot lasers up your asshole practice lucid dreaming.
>>
>>18127034
>assumptions
Fuck off cunt. I've been balls deep into this shit for years, so don't lecture me unless you're offering useful knowledge.

I asked a question of how, not whether should I.
>>
>>18127059
Watch out we have Mr Guru here asking about his Kundalini in x/

Watch out guys.
>>
File: raven B(.png (235KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
raven B(.png
235KB, 640x480px
>>18127059
You sound real mature. I'm sure you'll go far.
>>
How many of you have spiritual/magical names? Is it worth doing or is it kind of a cheesy fluffy "eclectic paganism" Silver Ravenwolf bullshit thing?
>>
>>18127086
it's for narcissistic insecure losers imho desu senpai desu
>>
>>18127086
I think it's worth it just to have some degree of anonymity around other mages.
>>
>>18127098
What if it were the name of an alter ego to which you aspire?
>>18127102
That makes sense too.
>>
What term do you all tend to use to refer to yourselves and other occult individuals? Wizard? Witch? Sorcerer? Something else?

I tend to use "mage" as a value-neutral term. "Wizard" = someone I think is very wise and admire. "Sorcerer" I use for someone who does shitty things with magic. I don't usually refer to anyone as a witch except for like, fictional characters called witches or people who self-identify as such.
>>
>>18127115

Esotericist.
>>
>>18127115
Occultist.
>>
>>18127115
Mage or magician.
>>18127117
>>18127120
That could refer to anyone who just studies occult/esoteric matters academically or who applies it, though. I could be an esotericist by trade but not believe in or attempt to use any of it.
>>
>>18127115
Fags.
>>
>>18127115
I personally prefer "witch". It's short, snappy, has a bit of attitude, and it's a term that requires no explanation.
>>
>>18127124
>That could refer to anyone who just studies occult/esoteric matters academically or who applies it, though.

What the fuck do I care? I know what I am.
>>
>>18127124
>That could refer to anyone who just studies occult/esoteric matters

Yeah, it's all encompassing.
>>
>>18127066
>>18127080
I responded to a faggot who was talking shit. So fuck off.
>>
The most successful I've been with magic:

1. Used a book of talismans and symbols from english.grimoar.cz to help a friend get rid of spirits that she felt were harassing her.

2. Prayed to Morpheus to rid a friend of nightmares; poured out an offering of milk and bread in gratitude. (I was not a follower of any Greek or Greek-derived faith at the time. It was kind of a desperation move because she hadn't been able to stay asleep for two or three nights running.)

3. Used a sigil to get a friend to contact me after a long period of silence.

I really like the idea of shamanism (in the broadest sense of the term). Speaking with spirits and using magic to help others. I have also experienced many injuries and medical problems in my life, including almost dying four times, and I think it may all be part of pushing me in that direction, and that maybe if I embrace it, the catastrophes will stop.

All well and good, but I don't know anyone to teach me, and I don't particularly want to join some Golden Dawn style order. A little bit lost on where to start.

I know a bit about animistic religions based on the fact that I'm a cultural anthropology MA student, but nothing about getting started in the absence of a teacher (though I suppose any line of shamans has to have had some first person).

Which book should I start with from the shamanic section in the Library of Ape?
>>
>>18127115
magician
>>
How exactly do I start?

Surely you can't just jump straight into summoning and shit, there must be a recommended and (reasonably) safe process to develop your skills right?
>>
>>18127215
Read Patrick Dunn's "Postmodern Magic." Google the name of the author, the name of the book, and "pdf," all without quotes, and the top result is a download.

Do all of the exercises, in the order they are listed in the book. Keep a journal.

While doing that, skim other stuff, grimoires, chaos magic primers, whatever you can get your hands on. When you finish Postmodern Magic, you'll probably have a much better idea where to go from there based on what you personally find interesting/compelling.
>>
What spell would be best for having more intense dreams?
>>
>>18127189
How did you use the sigil?>>18127189
>>
>>18127266
Standard chaos magic way. Jerkin' it. But I memorized the sigil, then went into a bathroom with all the lights off, unplugged the night light in there, stuffed a towel under the door to create pitch darkness like in a cave, turned on the fan to create a constant hum to drown out my breathing and the beating of my heart, then used pure physical sensation to get myself off, all the while doing my best to focus purely on the sigil itself, its shape, and so on.
>>
>>18127265
A full trans-orbital lobotomy
>>
>>18127314
Kys.
>>
>>18127215
Initiation into Hermetics is the best self study guide.

Summoning is pretty advanced and you won't see anything until you develop your astral senses.
>>
>>18127315
kiss
>>
>>18122058
join your local pagan club
>>
>>18127329

Look Mommy! It's a troll!
>>
>>18127329
iih is garbage because ape said so
>>
does kek count as an occult practice?
>>
>>18122343
As long as its not unjustified. It should work.
But if it is unjustified, your shit can be fucked if you curse someone who knows how to run that shit back.
>>
>>18127348
>>18127418
IIH isn't bad for beginners. The theory is a bit wonky and uses bizarre terminology but the exercises are solid.
>>
Hey occultards! I was thinking about getting a tattoo with some occult symbols and such. Anything i absolutely want to avoid? Like any symbols that would put me under a curse or something?
>>
>>18127329
Hi /fringe/!
>>
>>18127524
Bulls, nothing ever good comes from them.

>>18127115
Maji, I'm old fashioned.

>>18124734
Yeah, pretty much. It's not a fear that I can describe, the concept and process of the Abyss just... unnerves me.

>>18126196
Chomp, Chomp, Chomp... yeah I suppose you are correct.
>>
>>18127524
Don't get a tattoo of a symbol you don't have a personal connection to. You'll look like a moron
>>
>>18127580
Thanks for the advice, mom.
>>
>>18122014
does anyone know what else I can stuff a voodoo doll with, besides spanish moss? It's so hard to find
also any experiences with voodoo dolls, I would love to know! thankyou
>>
File: SHADILAY!.png (64KB, 915x667px) Image search: [Google]
SHADILAY!.png
64KB, 915x667px
>>18127524
>>
>>18127588
You asked for tattoos to avoid, and he told you what to avoid. What's the problem?
>>
>>18127620
And i thanked you for your concerns. No problem at all.
>>
>>18122014
Is schizophrenia magic or is magic schizophrenia?
>>
>>18127651
Good question. As someone who has his own mental quirks I can speak from first hand experience that schizophrenia is interfacing with magic and the spirit world poorly. It's not all in their head, there is extrapersonal input involved. I take meds for my psychoses and it lets me affect they stuff I used to be at the mercy of pretty proactively and do magic with the input instead.
>>
File: nazar-amulet-65015_1280.jpg (404KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
nazar-amulet-65015_1280.jpg
404KB, 1280x960px
>>18127524
Get a nazzar.
>>
>>18127651
Magic is controlled Schizophrenia.
>>
Hey guys, I was in a summoning-focused thread the other day and saw a simplified guide to summoning Goetic demons that let you pick what gods you wrote around the circle, etc... Kind of a chaos magick spin on the subject.

Stupid me forgot to bookmark it. Does anybody still have the link?
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 397x600px
Left and right
Like day and night
That's what makes the world go round
In and out
Thin and stout

For every up there is a down
For every square there is a round
For every high there is a low
For every to there is a fro
To and fro
Stop and go

You must set your sights upon the heights
Don't be a mediocrity
Don't just wait and trust to fate
And say, that's how it's meant to be
It's up to you how far you go
If you don't try you'll never know
And so my lad as I've explained
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

You see my boy it's nature's way
Upon the weak the strong ones prey
The human life it's also true
The strong will try to conquer you
And that is what you must expect
Unless you use your intellect
Brains and brawn, weak and strong

;P
>>
>>18122688

This website is not a bad place to start. If you're worried that it might be fluffy, it was written by the creator of the "Why Wiccans Suck" website. Lots of good info here.

https://thebookoft.wordpress.com/knowledge/witchcraft-from-the-ground-up/
>>
>>18123563

Just make sure you stay away from all the Joy of Satan bullshit.
>>
Know we all know vampires aren't real and I don't know where else to ask but I'm just asking for theoretical advice on how to kill a vampire.

Like the mythical legends of vampires have weaknesses and what are they, god knows if this is even on-topic but it is occult in the sense that it is knowledge of the paranormal.
>>
>>18128549
Kill em' like Johnny took out Dracula, with a Kukri.
>>
File: 123659.jpg (29KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
123659.jpg
29KB, 283x400px
I'm interested in learning about magick. Is this a good book to start?
>>
>>18128578
Preferably a method that can take on a larger group of around 40+ and without an actual weapon you have to carry around.

Let's say hypothetically you're in a bigger vacation mansion and a horde of vampires just decide to run a train on you and your relatively larger group of friends and you would need a weapon that isn't big and heavy and preferably a weapon that can be used as a non weapon and not something obvious.
>>
>>18127189 here.
Anybody?
>>
Hello, newbie here so please bear with me.

I've been reading up on basic invocations (using black mirror) and noticed that a lot of the entities described across various cultures are all "arranged" in a similar manner with regard to their subordinates, but have dramatically different names. Is it disrespectful to call them whatever you want or is there some "correct" nomenclature I'm unaware of.
Beyond that, general etiquette seems pretty straightforward, (basically just don't talk shit and try not to ask for valuable information without having something to offer in exchange beforehand.)
It does however, feel like I'm missing something important, and I don't want to try anything if I don't think I'm fully prepared. Mostly out of fear that I'll somehow fuck up my life by making some cringe worthy mistake.

>Tl;Dr, I'm going to start practicing but Id like tips on common mistakes beforehand, or even some literature that people often overlook.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>18126996
The version I linked is only missing the appendix which I plan on scanning, adding, then putting the book in my Illuminism folder.
>>
>>18122014
What are alchemy books even about.
>>
File: 1472098783606.jpg (69KB, 750x724px) Image search: [Google]
1472098783606.jpg
69KB, 750x724px
>>18128817
Alchemy. What the fuck do you think they're about?
>>
>>18128817
Naturally, they're about alchemy.
( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
>>
>>18127421
Does fingerpainting count as art?

The answer to both questions is technically a yes, but in practical terms it's a big Hell No.
>>
>>18128828
>>18128837
WHat do you mean? Does it teach practical things?
>>
>>18128838
Best post ITT.

>>18128839
Depends on the book, usually yes.
>>
>>18128063
Are you talking about the pastebin link?
http://pastebin.com/ZHPM0KVz

>>18128596
A Biopsychosocial Paradigm of Consciousness doesn't look too bad.
>>
File: big kitty.jpg (370KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
big kitty.jpg
370KB, 800x800px
>>18128838
Not that anon, but pic related is fingerpainting. You should have just said "yeah but it's fucking stupid."
>>
>>18127594
Human hair.
Leaves.

>>18127086
It's absolutely worth doing if you have an interest in linguistics, gematria, and have the remotest interest in expressing your short term attainment goals.

>>18127102
This too.

It's a mask, in many senses of the word.

>>18127115
Thelemite.

Sorcerer is an anthropologically neutral term. It can skew a few different ways, but definitely toward bad as well. Witch tends to denote touch more malfeasance in pre-complex cultures.

I've been engaging in Sabbatic Craft, which is essentially synchretic and trans-historical sorcery and witchcraft. Feels good, man.

>>18127215
Most of the texts in the Beginner's folder will lern u a thang or 2.

>>18127265
Start practicing the Dragon Book of Essex. Like...seriously.

>>18127524
Stop coming here for tattoo advice, mates.

>>18128591
Magick in Theory and Practice. You can despense with the rest of it for now.
The bit about the tools and the temple becomes significant if you're interested in exploring Thelema to its logical conclusions.

>>18127189
>shamanic section
>>18128596
Lemme poke around in it.

>>18128628
Just use the names in the texts.
Don't freak out, don't expect dramatic results. Your first experience will likely be very 'meh' in terms of calling anything. The mirror sucks anyway. I like reading from smoke. Just finish the operation as described and go about your business. Results tend to come in a bit under a week.

>>18128866
No it's good gimme a sec tho.
>>
not sure if it's on topic, but i need input:
i don't believe in christianity, but every time i think of the crucifixion of christ, i cry almost immediately. why does this happen to me?

i'm pretty into "new thought" and magick surrounding the all, not abrahamic at all. i figure christ was a man who achieved enlightenment and attempted to spread peace. could i be feeling empathy for his sacrifice? am i connecting to him and feeling what his energy is? i have no idea, but i'm very curious.
>>
>>18128896
You hate how lower case t's look nothing like a small cap T to the point of crying maybe?
>>
>>18128866
If you're a cult anth MA you want In Darkness and Secrecy. Whitehead did ethnography with the cats he writes about which is mind blowing.

After that extricate yourself from my academic collection and zip over to the African/Voodoo shit and check out anything from Frisvold or Scarlet Imprint.
>>
>>18128903
but anon the crucifix has a top and capital T does not
>>
>>18128915
exactly why the fuck does the lower case t have a top!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!11!
>>
>>18128948
i dont fugging get it
>>
>>18128955
wake up sheeple
>>
>>18122772
>Witchfather
Never heard that one before. That sounds kind of cool, actually.

>>18128915
>implying the traditional crucifix is the accurate one
>>
I used to go on long walks at night. Something about it was refreshing. The street lights and the trees casting dancing shadows over the illuminated streets. It felt like attending a party, or like flirting but not sexual.

I only don't do it now because I'm too busy. Probably will again soon.

How do I meet a spirit, and become fully aware of its presence? How do I commune with it and befriend it? How do I learn from it and do kindness for it in return?

I feel like I was on the verge of this on my walks, but I never knew how to make it more concrete, more than a sensation.
>>
>>18127189
>>18128596
Hmmm for something different, give Josephine McCarthy's Magical Knowledge series or her QUAREIA course a look. Mostly deals with training on how to work/connect with the local powers in your area before reaching out to the other higher powers that be.
>>
>>18129431
Is the first Magical Knowledge book anywhere in Ape's library? Not seeing it anywhere but maybe I'm just not looking in the right folder.
>>
"The Daemon, as Shaitan, is literally ‘the Adversary’ - the Reverse One. He is the Image of the First God, manifest in double-form, as both the Black Man standing at the Crossroads of all Existence and as Melek Ta'us - the Peacock Angel, Sovereign of the World’s Djinn. As the ‘Black Man’ he is the anthropomorphic ‘Body’ of Darkness, the Lord of the Sabbat, the Overseer of the Primal Rite of Magick. In this form he embodies Death as the Gateway to the Other. In assuming the god-form of Al-Aswad - the Man-in-Black - the Adept places himself upon the interstitial ‘Point’ of the crossroads and thus within ‘Death’: the singular inbetweenness ‘twixt every Stasis of Being. He thus becomes the embodiment of the Gate at the centre of the cross-roads, the Portal where-by Power has ingress to the World of Manifestation and through which the Seeker must pass in order to transcend the 'Form’ of the Manifest..."
>>
>>18129503
I don't think so. Her QUAREIA course, otoh is freely available so why not start from there? Read the introduction and the earlier modules to get a feel if this one fits your preferred style.
>>
>>18129557
Oh, it is? Cool. Thanks!
>>
>quareia
i recognise that and remember reading negative opinions on it
more input anyone?
>>
>>18127480
>IIH isn't bad for beginners.

It's terrible. Why would you want to lead beginners into a dead end like Bardon? Have you seen what it does to people?

>>18127565
>Chomp, Chomp, Chomp... yeah I suppose you are correct.

Yep. Takes a while, but they dissolve and trouble us no more.

>>18128063
>Stupid me forgot to bookmark it.

Taking anything from those summoning threads is kinda stupid.

>>18128591
>Is this a good book to start?

Part III is golden. Parts I and II are forgettable. Part IV is fiction.
>>
>>18128628
>Beyond that, general etiquette seems pretty straightforward, (basically just don't talk shit and try not to ask for valuable information without having something to offer in exchange beforehand.)

Where are you getting this drivel?

>>18128894
>Don't freak out, don't expect dramatic results.

You're probably right, but the Dirge was paralyzed for some time, during his first attempt at demonic evocation. His first square working was deeply flawed and resulted in his house being razed to the ground. When I first did Convocation, I was awakened the next morning by chainsaws in my back yard.

>>18128896
>i figure christ was a man who achieved enlightenment and attempted to spread peace.

It is unlikely that he was a man at all.
>>
A friend asked for a beginner's book on chaos magic. Should I give her Oven-Ready Chaos, the Chaos Protocols, or Postmodern Magic?

inn4 give her the d, most of my friends are women and if I give them all the d, it'll get all raw and gross.
>>
>>18127698
Good point considering Jaynes.
>>
Sup /x/, does anyone here celebrate Walpurgisnacht (the night of 31st april - 1st of may), go to a location with a strong connection to old witchcraft and occultism to conduct rituals?
>>
>>18130328
Yes.

>>18130311
I like Oven-Ready.
>>
Been branching eastward lately. Any good books on feng shui? There's too much noise and nonsense on google.
>>
>>18130340
Can you tell me which kind of rituals you'd perform. I'm currently doing some research on occultism and witchcraft in the modern era so it would be highly appreciated.
>>
>>18130311

>most of my friends are women and if I give them all the d, it'll get all raw and gross.

fucking wew, kys
>>
>>18130346
BHA, The Rite of the Dragon's Horns, from Dragon Book of Essex. It uses a quasi-Lemegeton system to evoke 16 mostly obscure spirits which preside over the Circles of Wytchfire.
>>
>>18130345
>Any good books on feng shui?

Doubtful. Most are unaware that it's a method for situating tombs.
>>
Hine is my favorite author.
>>
What's certainely the dumbest thing anybody here has attempted? I'm curious to hear some horror stories.
>>
>feeling insecure about a friendship
>do a sigil for a friend who has never said she loves me before to do so within the next week
>about twelve hours shy of a week later, she does
>mfw

I want to magic more things now.
>>
>>18130421
>What's certainely the dumbest thing anybody here has attempted?

I can't think of anything. Even things that seemed dumb at the time were, in retrospect, all for the best.
>>
>>18130421
>>18130451
I did some really dumb shit w/r/t Liber E and tests of limitation that almost tanked my GPA.

But yeah, for the best in the end.
>>
>>18130456

Ah, yes. I did some dumb yoga shit. You can brute-force your way through pranayama, but it's remarkably unpleasant and the results ain't pretty.

Kicking the Dirge back into the Order may have been dumb, come to think of it.
>>
>>18130355
Thank you. You've given me a lot of stuff to read.
>>
I want to learn an art to use for magical expression. Any suggestions?
>>
>>18130476
>Kicking the Dirge back into the Order
What does that even mean?
>>
File: Zha Baelyta.jpg (140KB, 500x605px) Image search: [Google]
Zha Baelyta.jpg
140KB, 500x605px
>>18130501
Painting.
>>
>>18130506

A lot to the initiated.
>>
condensed chaos or oven ready chaos?
>>
>>18130149
>reading negative opinions
Like what? Can you tell me about those?

>more input anyone?
QUAREIA focuses more on continuous practice/training after the initial theories have been explained to build up them magical muscles and get well-rounded skills and a good work attitude. Also, lots of journal writing and meditation.

Why not take a look at the introduction and the beginner modules by yourself too? If you haven't done that already, that is.
>>
>>18130509
That's pretty kickass. Thanks.
>>
>>18123552
>>18125519
>>18122688

I'm a college student. Math, more specifically.
To be honest, I'm very skeptical about all these stuff, but I'm really liking to read everything about it. I literally ate books, aka Goetia and Notoria.
But I still can't find what I really, firstly, want.
I don't know exactly what is my intention digging up these stuffs. I just wanna convince myself it's all true.
I REALLY wanna.

Can anyone recommend me a book that introducts me to this universe?
This universe of the fallen angels, the demons, salomon, witches, reptilians, etc.

I have so many questions of all these things but at the same time I just wanna read more and more about it.
>>
>>18130631
Isn't Oven Ready Chaos an updated version of Condensed Chaos?

In that case, Oven Ready Chaos.
>>
>>18130501
Cooking. Food-magic is underused.
>>
File: Photo on 15.9.2016 at 20.42.jpg (262KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 15.9.2016 at 20.42.jpg
262KB, 1280x853px
Even if this is not striclty related to occultism, I figured some people with knowledge of greek mythology might be lurking. Anyone know what the story is behind this pic? I just picked this up at a local flee market along with a bunch of other greek things - I study this stuff at uni but it's my first year - I'm curios what the spooky monster is, and who the female character is
(inb4 go to /his/, i'm at it)
>>
>>18128882
Best reply.
>>
File: tumblr_o4aw2nojnA1uj6umoo1_500.jpg (138KB, 412x595px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4aw2nojnA1uj6umoo1_500.jpg
138KB, 412x595px
>>18129429
Meditate. You have to cultivate the sight a psychic sensitivity and you ability to visualize in order to feel it and see it.
>>
File: Tree_of_Life_2009_large.jpg (3MB, 2121x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Tree_of_Life_2009_large.jpg
3MB, 2121x3000px
>>18125726
"When faced with two options, choose the third."
>>
>>18129505
Absolute bollocks crazy-babble. ISHYGDDT

>>18130328
I do it at my home because I want the benefits to linger in my abode and to draw good spirits to live on my property.

>>18130345
At your local library I'm sure.

>>18130446
>want money
>Buy a candle/incantation thing for money
>Just practicing, say the incantation and put it down next to the candle
>2 hours later my mother finds some money and gives it to me
Thus a magician was born.

>>18130501
Crocheting.

>>18130775
There is no one book that will satisfy your hunger in one gulp. You just gotta look. Go to your local, regional library and check out the 130's and 200's and take all their books and skim. If something peaks your interest then dive in and explore then come back up with more knowledge and repeat.

>>18131015
Tread the middle path.
>>
>>18130930
Judging by it being a female with a Spear and Shield, it's a tale involving Athena/Minerva.

The monster and his snake-like form make me think of Typhon. I'm going to go with this being a depiction from the Myth of Athena & Typhoeus.
>>
>>18131019
>Thus a magician was born.
Is it true?
Is it okay to do these stuff for your only personal advantage?
I mean, with interest to gain things and get better on life?
>>
File: ring 1.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
ring 1.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
sorry for my language,...I found a ring in the ground.....the characters are very similar to those of the picture at the top...can someone explain what these signs mean, or a site where I can look up....in the ring itself is a number engraved 1968...
>>
Do nords gods exist?
What about christian's? (I trully believe it doesn't)
>>
>>18131416
The ring is from Alchemy Gothic in the UK. If you find the ring on either their online store or online museum of discontinued pieces there should be a short explain that goes with the ring.
>>
>>18131019
>Absolute bollocks crazy-babble. ISHYGDDT
Nope, lyl.

>>18131015
^This.

>>18129505
You need to parse your hypostates.
>>
>>18131490
thanks found it
>>
Do people from freemasonry do magic or any kind of that stuff?
If they don't, do they at least realize it exists?
>>
>>18131526
They do magic, but they don't think it really exists. To them it's just for show/tradition.
>>
>>18131529
Well, you get a few folks who know what's what but that's probably not happening in your local small town Lodge.
>>
Considering >>18131537
Are they powerful magicians, then?
If so, are they "bad" or "good"?

I ask it because my father is a freemasonry, but never told me anything.
>>
File: 500.gif (100KB, 473x605px) Image search: [Google]
500.gif
100KB, 473x605px
>>18131339
thanks! anon delivers as always
>>
>>18131544
About 99%, outside of particular lodges at least, don't know shit about shit and just go there for the time honored tradition of paying for friends. They are most generally useless, so "bad" I guess.
>>
>>18131544
No.
Neither.

To find out more, become a Brother.
>>
>>18131552
I intend to.

Thanks for the answers, btw.
>>
>>18122014
cant there be a short list of like 5-10 books that r needed to read?
>>
>>18131552
Wait, It's me, >>18131554

I can't understand if you told me to become a brother in a good way.
What do you think about freemasonry?
>>
>>18131015
That's so deep.
>>
Can I ask ffor some help on a matter related to occultism, magic, the universe? Or is this thread dead already?
>>
>>18131625
just quote the thread if you open a new one, I would like to read it.
Sadly, I don't know much to help you, though.
>>
>>18131630
>>
>>18131633
Ill admit I fucked that up
>>
>>18131562
Is there a bad way to call someone brother? What other greeting could be so glad?
>>
File: 076.jpg (2MB, 1893x2995px) Image search: [Google]
076.jpg
2MB, 1893x2995px
Test.
>>
>>18131649
Yeah you are right.
You made me wanna join even more. Thanks.
>>
>>18131625
Whaddya need?
>>
>>18131353
Yes. Sure. Be childish about it.

>>18131443
Yes. The christian God is the God of gods. Other gods are just evolved people with pride.
>>
>>18131694
>The christian God is the God of gods

I can see that definition possibly applying to the Father as the platonic One or maybe even the Holy Spirit when interpreted as Sophia but are either of those a definition most Christians would use?

Does the empty throne of the Absolute require that you do bhakti on Sundays?
>>
>>18131703
>all those words
Please go and stay go.
>>
>>18131688
Opinion on blood pacts with Lemegeton spirits? Is a few drops once a month okay?
>>
File: 14739782353672052087845.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
14739782353672052087845.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>18131688
Been reaching new levels of understanding lately, rapidly. Anyway it seems the results of my meditation, lucid dreaming, astral projection have been the discovery of this symbol (or sigil?).

The problem, as you can see, is that i cannot remember the symbol after i see it, only the general pattern.

Its like when you cant remember a certain word when its on the tip of your tounge.

In short does this symbol /pattern/ shape have any meaning, is this aiding my journey?
>>
>>18131694
My question was, would it have like a penalty for you? If you did all these stuff to get better on life and think just on yourself?

I'm just someone really interested on these stuff, wanting to learn. Sorry to bother with so many questions.
>>
File: 114.jpg (792KB, 2106x2656px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
792KB, 2106x2656px
>>18131717
Sure. Not explicitly called for, not explicitly denounced. Perfect room for experimentation.

>>18131719
>rapidly
That's a thing.

I dunno, come back to me when you can actually remember it.
>>
>>18131706
Literally two sentences.
>>
>>18131719
I'm sorry, but understanding what, basically? What have you done?

I wanted to get better aka REALLY better on mathematical sciences. Studied about Astaroth a bit, but it doesn't seen to be what I'm looking for, still new to it.

(I'm doing a master program on applied math, so I could tell that I'm already "good" on it. I wanna be splendid.)
>>
>>18131714
It does exist today, and in Ireland.
>>
>>18122178
>>18122251
>>18122260

look at all these cryhards
>>
Actually, I wanna call dibs on the next thread because the Chumbley stuff is ready.
>>
>>18122595
you might need to develop clairvoyance and clair audience
>>
>>18131723
It depends. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Do unto yourself as you would have others do unto themselves.
>>
>>18126782
Does too!!!
>>
>>18131728
That's what I figured. Do you have any books in the Mega relevant to blood pacts?
>>
>>18131853
I would never harm other people, I guess.
>>
>>18131881
That's not what that rule means. God curses and blesses so if you would be like God you should curs and bless. For the reasons he does. If someone blasphemes you curse them.
>>
Is there any good esoteric author that is not an edgy pedantic dick? Many of the books i read there are like "well I know this is 2 deep 4 u"
>>
>>18131868
Please I second this.
>>
So, I have a question, if someone was doing nasty things to me magically what would be the best defense?
My neighbors are Jordanians and they have a bunch of hamsa around their front door so I'm thinking they might be into this kind of thing; at least maybe the very old grandmother that lives there. I've had to ask them to move the cars their son works on from blocking my driveway multiple times and there have been things thrown over the yard on their side; potentially even a dead rat my mother found earlier this month. and there has been a ton of bad luck going around my household in the last 6 months.
I don't really care about revenge i'd just like to prevent anything they may be doing from having any impact on me/my family.
>>
>>18131967
Patton their asses.
>>
>>18131967
>hamsa

Apotropaic magic and baneful magic are two very different beasts and you shouldn't jump to conclusions based on that. I hang Saint Brigid's cross above the entrance to my home for similar reasons and would never think of harming my neighbours.
>>
>>18131990
understood, but do you have any recommendations relating to my main question?
>>
>>18122014

I know a little about magick. Does white magick really exist or is it a farce?

In Roman Catholicism its worship God above all else, practice no arts or suffer the punishment.

Is this philosophy true?
>>
>>18132003
There is no White or Black.

Only magick.
>>
>>18132000
http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/The_Star_Ruby
>>
>>18132003
lip, rap, low magic, high magic
>>
>>18132007

Thank you for your response. I've seen you here for a long time I've been lurking here, Mr. Ape.

So how can I be sure what I'm practicing is not for the wrong Powers that be? I practiced when I was younger, however, feel as if I'm still paying the price for the gifts that were given me.
>>
>>18132007
What god do you follow?
>>
>>18132007
>>18132080

Please I'm not trying to offend you.
>>
>>18132025
>So how can I be sure what I'm practicing is not for the wrong Powers that be?
The problem is you think they're the wrong powers in the first place.

>>18132080
Adonai Melek ha Aretz
>>
>>18132095
Well said. I know they were the wrong powers as the house needed to be blessed afterward. Things started happening after I moved out and they brought in a priest. I shit you not, it got really weird.

Since then I had to turn to the church, but I have always been interested. I am still here now and then.

>>18132092
>>18132080
None taken. This is the classic Biblical God from the old and new testament. I was brought up Roman Catholic. I have one Higher Power, I like to call it.

I am wondering if it wouldn't be a problem if I practiced something off the religion grid.
>>
File: 483727049048039580349704905938.jpg (76KB, 568x660px) Image search: [Google]
483727049048039580349704905938.jpg
76KB, 568x660px
>>18131967
Look up how to banish, cleanse, then how to ward your property. Pick your poison. There are so many ways to do it that you can just choose one that appeal to you.

>>18132003
White magick does exist. I can't say whether its true or not but I do chaos magic with power from God so I know I'm golden on that front.

>>18132025
Do your castings in the name of God. but your run into the problem of your idea of God being inadequate and ignorantly serving a false-god. At the end of the day you can't put old wine into a new wineskin so just do your best.
>>
>>18132095
Go on then. Make a new thread you cunt.
>>
>>18132131
mnd what is chaos magic for you?
What do you do that makes you call chaos magic?
>>
>>18132137
?
>>
>>18132131
>you can't put old wine into a new wineskin

Sure you can. This seems like a bad metaphor.
>>
>>18132131
>>18132153

Actually, I get what he is saying. I need to come to terms with what I feel is my God. Then work in accordance to Him.

Am I right here?
>>
>>18132160
But I thought there was only one true god?
or am I wrong?
>>
>>18132172

There is according to that persons interpretation of their own higher power. Let's not digress into this conversation. My question was completely answered and it seems as if I have some work to do. I will be back. Thank you anons and the Ape of Thoth for your help. Have a great night.
>>
>>18132183
Oh I'm sorry for that. Wasn't my intention.
I really wanted to understand it.
>>
>>18132183
>>18132205
Being said that, my intention was clearly to understand.
I've been always an atheist. But I really, from the deep of my soul, wanted to believe on something. That's why I'm studying occultism.
I heard people saying they follow gods that better suit them. But I just don't know what god better suit me and can't find a god myself, since I've never believed on such things.
>>
>>18131507
what's a hypostate? is it like a hypostasis or is it a state of hypo?
>>
>>18132160
I mean that you can't take my understanding of god, which I believe is correct because of my experience, and drink it to know what I know. You have to learn for yourself. No shortcuts.
>>
Are there any spirits you can evoke or get in touch with who'll just hang out with you, maybe do small things for you in exchange for small offerings, bro it up with you, etc.?

I get lonely easily and would appreciate another presence around whenever I want.
>>
>>18132733
New thread here >> >>18131927
>>
>>18131526
>Do people from freemasonry do magic or any kind of that stuff?

Some do.

>>18131561

Sure. There's a short list at the end of Part II of Crowley's, Liber ABA, Book 4.

>>18131967
>So, I have a question, if someone was doing nasty things to me magically what would be the best defense?

Ignore it and go about your business.
>>
Anyone read anything comparable to Music and the Occult by Joscelyn Godwin?
>>
>>18134087

This threads dying. Might do better posting your question over here >>18131927.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.