[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what if we are in a video game being controlled by some advanced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 4827.jpg (32KB, 1240x744px) Image search: [Google]
4827.jpg
32KB, 1240x744px
Elon Musk: “Forty years ago we had Pong – two rectangles and a dot. That’s where we were,” Musk explained. “Now 40 years later we have photorealistic, 3D simulations with millions of people playing simultaneously and it’s getting better every year. And soon we’ll have virtual reality, we’ll have augmented reality.

“If you assume any rate of improvement at all, then the games will become indistinguishable from reality.”
>>
>>18119164
What if OP is a gigantic cock-mongler?
>>
I wanna know what sick fuck decided to make me attracted to hot, muscly men and when he's going to stop grinding levels and finish the "find a bf" quest
>>
>>18119164
A gross misrepresentation of the work being done by Dr. Sylvester James Gates. The simulation pertains to the fundamental laws of physics themselves, and the very fabric of our reality. The universe being a simulation raises many more questions than it ultimately answers. Unfortunately it poses some questions that are flat out impossible for us to answer. We could never hope to understand what exactly the simulation is running on, and where it exists. We'd forever be fish in the fishbowl, incapable of understanding the outside world. The world outside of the simulation might have its own distinct laws of physics. There might be another universe out there wildly different from out own, it might have an ultimate creator. That is totally and eternally beyond our grasp if we are within a simulation. Having finite bounds means we have finite potential. We couldn't think or accomplish more than is allowed by the rules we operate within.
>>
wonder what kind of advanced civilization decided to play as a fat lazy loser with no charisma or ambition
>>
File: Gwendolyn_Dress.gif (40KB, 123x211px) Image search: [Google]
Gwendolyn_Dress.gif
40KB, 123x211px
Putting yourself into a VR that's "indistinguishable" from reality is a two part process:

1) Improve Graphics
2) Desensitize Population

If you just an even distribution of improvement within society, then even as they produced simulated environments that are ""indistinguishable"" from reality, they simultaneously discover new ways of distinguishing reality from simulation.

What's """indistinguishable""" is subjective.

The blanket phrase “If you assume any rate of improvement at all, then the games will become indistinguishable from reality" is devoid of intelligence. I suppose this is either a personal fantasy of Musk's, or he's doing a favor for some gaming company.
>>
if thats the case the person playing me is a massive cunt
>>
>>18119250
>>18119191
You're not being played by anyone. You're NPCs.
Every variable in existence from the point of creation at the big bang until recent history was part of a calculation. Everything tweaked just right for conscious life to emerge. You're not special in this, you're just an effect of the cause. A gear in the grand machine spinning for some unknown and likely futile purpose.
>>
>>18119164
This is just a rehash of the "brain in a jar" scenario. I don't know how people think this is somehow deep or profound.
>>
>>18119281
Because there is emerging math, now peer reviewed, that supports simulation theory.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (45KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
45KB, 565x800px
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of þe Jewes:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, wee know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can doe these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered, and said unto him, Verily, verily I say unto thee, except a man be borne againe, he cannot see the kingdome of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be borne when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mothers wombe, and be borne?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily I say unto thee, except a man be borne of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdome of God.

6 That which is borne of the flesh, is flesh, and that which is borne of the spirit, is spirit.

7 Marveile not that I saide unto thee, Ye must be borne againe.

8 The winde bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tel whence it commeth, and whither it goeth: So is every one that is borne of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered, and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered, and saide unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
>>
File: river-of-life-russ-docken.jpg.gif (192KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
river-of-life-russ-docken.jpg.gif
192KB, 467x700px
11 Verely, verely I say unto thee, We speake that we doe know, and testifie that wee haue seene; and yee receive not our witnesse.

12 If I have tolde you earthly things, and ye beleeve not: how shall ye beleeve if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but hee that came downe from heaven, even the Sonne of man which is in heaven.

14 ¶ And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wildernesse: even so must the Sonne of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever beleeveth in him, should not perish, but have eternall life.

16 ¶ For God so loved þe world, that he gave his only begotten Sonne: that whosoever beleeveth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Sonne into the world to condemne the world: but that the world through him might be saved.

18 ¶ He that beleeveth on him, is not condemned: but hee that beleeveth not, is condemned already, because hee hath not beleeved in the Name of the onely begotten Sonne of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darknesse rather then light, because their deedes were evill.

20 For every one that doeth evill, hateth the light, neither commeth to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But hee that doeth trueth, commeth to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
>>
>>18119304
>>18119312
You should use blueletterbible, and use a translation that isn't terrible.
>>
>>18119304
>>18119312
How is this relevant to the topic at hand? If you want to post about god and scripture you should make your own thread.
>>
>>18119325
The passages he posted speak on the knowledge of man, and being incapable of knowing the divine.
Hes probably meaning to imply that finding proof of simulation theory lends credence to the existence of a God as a central creator, which isn't wrong. If simulation theory is correct then without a doubt there is an intelligence behind life. That intelligence is entirely beyond what we'll be capable of understanding.
>>
File: dipticho_Jesus_StGeorge.gif (55KB, 375x276px) Image search: [Google]
dipticho_Jesus_StGeorge.gif
55KB, 375x276px
>>18119338

1 Let not your heart be troubled: yee beleeve in God, beleeve also in me.

2 In my Fathers house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you: I goe to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I goe and prepare a place for you, I will come againe, and receive you unto my selfe, that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I goe yee know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest: and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Trueth, and the Life: no man commeth unto the Father but by mee.

7 If ye had knowen me, ye should have knowen my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seene him.

8 Philip sayth unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not knowen me, Philip? he that hath seene me, hath seene the father, and how sayest thou then, Shew us the father?

10 Beleevest thou not that I am in the father, and the father in mee? The words that I speake unto you, I speak not of my selfe: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doth the works.
>>
File: 0817kievcavesicon.jpg (436KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
0817kievcavesicon.jpg
436KB, 600x752px
>>18119338
Beleeve me that I am in the Father, and the Father in mee: or else beleeve me for the very workes sake.

12 Verely, verely I say unto you, he that beleeveth on me, the works that I doe, shall hee doe also, and greater workes then these shall he doe, because I goe unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall aske in my Name, that will I doe, that the Father may be glorified in the Sonne.

14 If ye shall aske any thing in my Name, I will doe it.

15 ¶ If ye love me, keepe my commandements.

16 And I will pray the Father, and hee shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever,

17 Even the Spirit of trueth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him, for hee dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I wil not leave you comfortlesse, I will come to you.

19 Yet a litle while, and the world seeth me no more: but ye see me, because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know, that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
>>
but won't computer technology stop advancing for the most part after quantum computing?
>>
>>18119338
He that hath my commandements, and keepeth them, hee it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest my selfe to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thy selfe unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered, and saide unto him, If a man love mee, he will keepe my wordes: and my Father will love him, and wee will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth mee not, keepeth not my sayings, and the word which you heare, is not mine, but the Fathers which sent mee.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the holy Ghost, whom the Father wil send in my name, he shal teach you al things, & bring al things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, give I unto you: let not your heart bee troubled, neither let it bee afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I saide unto you, I goe away, and come againe unto you. If ye loved mee, yee would reioyce, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater then I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to passe, that when it is come to passe, ye might beleeve.

30 Heereafter I will not talke much with you: for the prince of this world commeth, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father: and as the Father gave me commandement, even so I doe: Arise, let us goe hence.
>>
>>18119372
>but won't computer technology stop advancing for the most part after quantum computing?

Reddit sure does love this meme. "Quantum computing" isn't a replacement for conventional logic, it is supplementary. Its aimed at tackling larger number problems through quantum speed up. The FPU in a core isn't used to process simple integer ops, and the UVD isn't used to process FPU ops. Each part of the processor has specific instructions and workloads that it is tailored for. Just like everything else true quantum processors(which still don't exist yet) will be coprocessors.
We still have a very long way to go in increasing IPC, pushing further towards multicore scaling, and reaching ultimately attainable clockspeeds. All of these things are completely independent from quantum annealing machines or any similarly functioning derivative.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.