[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why dont you believe in magic or the occult? I made this thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: griffith perf.png (628KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
griffith perf.png
628KB, 900x676px
Why dont you believe in magic or the occult?

I made this thread because to me these things obviously exist. I find it odd that normal people believe that they dont. Im not normal im kinda weird. The thing about magic is that its not really anything special and out of this world. Its kind of like concentration of magnetism or electricty. Thats why they call it the law of attraction. We all have in us a level of energy which ofcourse influences our interactions with others and our luck and outcomes. In a sense everything is related to magic, but you dont have to call it magic if you dont want to. You are not the way you are because you were just simply born that way, your life is the result of your energy. You can say that there is nothing to be energetic about but in reality being energetic will give you the reasons for it. The energy comes first. There are other paranormal concepts that can be explained simply like this.
>>
Can you try making this post again, but with less autism?
>>
File: 1473268419906.jpg (41KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473268419906.jpg
41KB, 462x500px
Ooh, ooh, pick me! I know the answer.

They very nature of magic can't be understood through deductive reasoning, although it's picked up rather quickly with inductive reasoning.

Schools have this education program, where they teach their students to only use deductive reasoning, for LITERALLY EVERYTHING, including their everyday mundane activities.

The assumption they're working off of is that everything which exists can be understood through deductive reasoning, and that if something can't be understood through deductive reasoning, then it doesn't exist. They haven't gotten to the part where they challenge that assumption with deductive reasoning, because that would be like an attack on their own ego.

Probably cause some sort of memory error like "It's not an assumption, it's a FACT."
"Cant you prove that it's a fact?"
"I don't need to, you need to prove that [reset to earlier point in conversation]"
>>
>>18112044
This and also because its the norm to not believe it.

>>18112027
sorry im sick and when I take cough medicine i get a little bit stupid
>>
>>18112044
People probably think that way to protect themselves because they need something to be clearly obviously true for them to believe it if nobody else believes it.
>>
>>18112053
That's always safe. "If I just don't talk about it, until I hear someone else do it, I won't say anything weird."
>>
>>18112025
>Why dont you believe in magic or the occult?
the amount of humans on this earth absorb to much energy to be able to manupulite it
>>
>>18112085
Unless you use recursion.
>>
>>18112094
>recursion
while it is still aform of manipulating, making a bubble is only good for warding.
>>
Thats what healers/shamans/elders used to do. They would control the magical energies of the tribe to bring good fortune and throw out the bad magic.
>>
>>18112121
Make the world a bubble!
>>
File: all-natural.jpg (55KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
all-natural.jpg
55KB, 500x488px
>>18112025
Because of posts like yours. By calling everything magic you have made the concept meaningless. You talk about "energy" but don't specify what this energy is or how it can be detected. You throw in a reference to the Law of Attraction fad.

Your entire post is merely gesturing towards some emotion you feel, with a garbled word-salad used to try to describe it. In the end you are an epistemological hedonist, you believe in what makes you feel good, and from this belief has become your drug. You are a jenkum-huffing addict.

I don't believe in magic and the paranormal because it always scurries away from the light of analysis. Someone claims something magical and paranormal, and after careful inspection nothing is found. Believers then say that the analysis itself made the magic go away, or that it exists in some other fashion, or whatever rationale works to try to hide the failures of supernaturalism.

To me it's obvious that only natural things exist. No magic, no gods, no mystical forces, just nature. When it really matters, even the biggest belief-addict relies on naturalism: you aren't going to drive off a cliff thinking you can will your car into flying, and if you do the reality of gravity will shatter your will along with the rest of you.

>>18112044
High-schooler confirmed.
>>
>>18112158
It's easy to have arguments, when you tell people what to think, isn't it?
>>
File: 1473275129322.jpg (61KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473275129322.jpg
61KB, 480x480px
>>18112173
Whoaaa duude. So woke.

How can my eyes be real if i see through them.
>>
>>18112176
how can you say what you are looking at is real?
Even science tells you everything is mainly made up of space.
>>
>>18112158
>I don't believe in magic and the paranormal because it always scurries away from the light of analysis.
ha, shows what you don't know
>>
>>18112176
Having a bad day anon? Want to talk about it?
>>
>>18112188
It's like he's chasing his own tail.
>And growling at it.
>>
>>18112191
how can you shine a light on it, we cant even prove tesseracts (4d cubes)
>>
File: 1467292647762.jpg (52KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
1467292647762.jpg
52KB, 535x462px
>>18112025
Yeah some people just cant feel the vibes and change energy. People laugh at the idea but ive consistently been able to use my magic powers to repel people away from me when im in public.

People who dont get magic just dont get it.
>>
>>18112176
kek, salty and no arguments.
>>
File: 1274349859991.jpg (40KB, 720x425px) Image search: [Google]
1274349859991.jpg
40KB, 720x425px
>>18112208
repelling the vibeless
>>
File: 1472149578658.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1472149578658.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>18112208
>been able to use my magic powers to repel people away from me when im in public.
>>
I believe in tge paranormal but not really magic i guess is cuz no one has come out and demostrate real magic not tricks or illusions but real shit.... and in my experience whenever i have meet so call mages their demostrations have been cringy as hell.
Like this ppl were deluded refused to believe they are normal unless u can bring forth someone who can i dunno summon a spirit before me i wont believe so i will stay with my aliens and critters.
>>
>>18112398
That spelling gave me AIDS.
>>
>>18112439
English aint my first language mate
>>
>>18112025
Because its just woo superstition used to demonize things you don't understand.

We in modern day have horseless carriages that travel at great speeds and we can communicate across great distances with glossy tablets of various sizes.
>>
>>18112158
Magic is a natural thing.
>>
>>18112398
Maybe magic is real, but just really damn hard to master. Nobody to teach perfect techniques. We are still in the stage of thinking chemistry is alchemy. Real stuff like you say may be possible, but only for a skilled practitioner. Do you think the pleb magicians can really pull something like that off? Mostly its subtle perceptual changes in myself. Stuff like that is hard to share with others.
>>
File: magicrocks.jpg (36KB, 475x373px) Image search: [Google]
magicrocks.jpg
36KB, 475x373px
>>18112643
Alchemy is to chemistry as magic is to mathematics. With math as a tool we have been able to create, predict, and analyze things so fantastic that they were beyond the wildest dreams of people living 500 years ago.

https://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/MathDrama/reading/Wigner.html

Of course the mundane shitwizard just wants to be a special snowflake and have sssecret powers they can feel special about or feel like they're doing, influencing, or gaining something without actually doing the hard work to achieve their goals. Magickckckck is the crack kocaine of wishful thinking.
>>
>>18112208
This is literally you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwlAvsPvPfg&feature=youtu.be&t=17s
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.