[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you predict a personality by reading someone's face?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: yapanese.png (265KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
yapanese.png
265KB, 800x600px
Can you predict a personality by reading someone's face? Tell us of some tricks you know?
>>
>>18108924

in relation to someone's personality, you would acquire more information from a 3 minutes conversation and observing them, rather than instantly judging how someones face is put together

according to your pic related, I have the complete opposite personality than what I actually have.

reading people isn't something you're taught, there is no 'lifehack infograph 2013+3 cheat code', it's a skill you have or don't have
>>
Justifying predijuces
>>
>>18108924
It is generally an asian pseudoscience. I think it originated from chinese face reading, and Japan took it back to their land and expanded on it a bit. It may be due to the prominent asian eugenics, especially in Japan.

It's about as definitive as horoscopes at this point. Just look at sanpaku eyes. A superstition that was seen in caucasians a lot more simply because of our facial build.
>>
>>18109063
>>>/pol/
>>
>>18109139
How is that even /pol/ related? It's basic physical features of different races you mouth breather.
>>
>>18109139
Actually I'm an anthropologist.
>>
>>18109245
more like Anthro/pol/ogist
>>
>>18109139
It's people like you who drive down the average IQ of this board.
>>
File: 1473328802502.jpg (32KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473328802502.jpg
32KB, 540x960px
>>18109249
>>
>>18109160
>implying race isnt a social construct
>>
>>18109268
It is a social construct, I agree. Instead we're split into different species and congoids aren't even human since they didn't evolve from homo neanderthalis meaning they are not homo sapien but something else that evolved from homo erectus.

There is no scientific reasoning behind "race", it's something that is more or less unique to humans and there is no sense for it. There are a fucking trillion finches with only small differences but apparently we are the same as aboriginals from Africa for (???) reason.
>>
>>18108924
>m forehead
>big eyed
>me
>tfw
>>
File: Phrenology.jpg (92KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
Phrenology.jpg
92KB, 470x353px
>>18108924

Sounds like dangerous ground to me!
>>
>>18109286
THIS

Racial realism is really doing a number on these supposed scientific conscious left.

>Evolution is real and stopped at the epidermis.
>>
>>18109286
Depends on your definition of species. Different areas of scientific research use the word 'species' but can have very different meanings.
>>
>>18109803
I mean in the way you can have over 10 different types of giraffes species and they all look the same. It would be even more pronounced in human "Races"
>>
>>18109286
Homo sapiens didn't evolve from you Homo neanderthalensis you absolute mong.
>>
>>18108924
Entire chart is true, M forehead and in poor as fuck and just spent all of my savings on 4 months worth of energy drinks.
>>
File: 1472066031784.png (281KB, 600x761px) Image search: [Google]
1472066031784.png
281KB, 600x761px
>>18109823
Heidelbergensis is commonly grouped in with Neanderthalensis as the former is a theory and we still carry a large grouping of DNA from Neanderthalensis.

It doesn't even matter for what is being said though, as both evolved from Antecessor which there is also a lack of connection with the African race, the earliest we can trace Africans to is Erectus.

It's noteworthy too, as Australian aboriginals show many of the traits of Africans, although very different in other ways, but are a descendant of both Erectus AND Antecessor.
This means that the background makeup doesn't matter so much, as any portion of the human species can be evolved to become like Africans given the right environment without actually being very related. This further supports the information that races do not exist and it is merely different sub-species and species, as these two very similar species are only very loosely related.

This is also why ching-chongs arr rook same despite not being same.
>>
File: north african pool.png (336KB, 1400x454px) Image search: [Google]
north african pool.png
336KB, 1400x454px
>>18109864
actual objective science done via genetic study, if a bit misleading

>>18109063
observational pseudoscience with a number of inconsistencies and flaws

note that the 'African' it refers to is specifically Sub-Saharan, the lot that got cut off from the migration out and towards less shitty, desert-ridden land
The image ignores the North African pool which has its own set of circumstances and is generally not far from Europeans
>>
>>18109984
Yea those obvious different physical characteristics are all brought on about by pseudoscience.

All of those people are the same they just didn't walk to the same place at the same time.

Cool
>>
>>18109992
>physical characteristics are consistent and reliable across a large set of genetically variant sub-groups
>if I throw 'oid' on the end of a couple of groups that look similar but actually have giant genetic differences regarding non-external features and structure then it's accurate
>general featuresets are precise and effective, I swear!
let's say you have five pools with different depths, shapes, and sizes
let's say you those pools have many people swimming in them in different areas, and each pool is a different distance away from the club house
some pools are really fucking far and each pool has a few features, but even within it not every swimmer sees the same things or is at the same depth
other of the pools become almost identical or ambiguous as they near each other
the swimmers aren't all at the same place and the pools doesn't even look the same from different perspectives
and some asshole runs up and shouts "This pool is this, and only this!"
that's you right now
>>
>>18110003
Sorry m8 that analogy false when you realize in order for it to compare the differences in pools would have be visible from what ever distance, angle or direction you look at it so much so you could line them up directly in front of you and see measure the differences and get different results m8.
>>
>>18110003
I am sorry is your name Hillary and did you smack your head against a wood table before posting this sperg nonsense?

The grouping is effective and the semantics of the naming is irrelevant.

We can measure EACH individuals features regardless of "perspective" and they will fall in line with one or the other and if they don't it would be a varying degree due to being mixed "race" and will be grouped as such and further genetic testing would show them to be said mix.
>>
>>18110085
>>18110102
two identical looking individuals could have and often do have vastly different genetic groups
two vastly different looking individuals could have and often do have the same genetic group
these observed indicators have not held up over time and have not been nearly as reliable as legitimate racial identifiers and cold hard gene sampling
>but if you don't use OUR way, you're a liberal/autistic/stupid/just wrong, don't question it
if only you knew
>>
>>18110111
Sorry m8 looking deeper into genetics will allow more grouping patterns which no one is denying the point being skull shape indicate a group above that between "Races" and is consistent and you will not find a genetically true sub Saharan African with a Caucasoid for instance.

You rallying against anthropology and proven forensic science because you simply don't like this MACRO grouping versus your genetic micro grouping.

Its that simple.
>>
>>18110163
Caucasoid skull*
>>
File: 1441723581620.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1441723581620.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>18109249
>>
>>18110163
>>18110165
>You rallying against outdated anthropological concepts because you simply don't like this inaccurate generalization versus your genetic precision.
Anthropometry hasn't been considered a reliable method of predictors for much of anything in quite awhile but even moreso you are using an outdated variation- Caucasoid 'type' skulls include everywhere from western Europe to south Asia, Congoid and Capoid refer to genetically similar subgroups in Africa, and Australoids aren't that far off from Polynesians last check. The image itself is partially taken from The Races of Europe and partially taken from Cook's The Origin of Races.
As far as Craniometry and Forensics and Forensic Anthropology, it's the thing you go to just before calling up a medium, and probably about as accurate.
What's the big deal about abandoning this skull-divining shit and moving on to something you can prove? Worried your great great great grandpappy was a 'mongoloid'?
>>
>>18108924
if you see someone with dark skin you prolly gon get muggd
>>
It's very complicated. But one tip I have is like, if the corners of their mouth are turned upward they'll probably be nice. This is just a tendency and other factors can affect the appropriate interpretation of this feature.

Also the shapes of people's faces can change in accordance with how they're likely to act.
>>
>>18110254
Sorry m8 you keep simply repeating that this orhat is innacurate without showing a source using skull shape to identify race is used today and has never been proven innacurate m8 the fact you bring up the extremes of where such catagories can be found is irrelevant more telling you claim two seperate groups with objective different characteristics both measurable anf ovservable "seem simmilar" shows you are reaching for anything to the point of personal opinion lol

Post sources that the police and anthropologist dont curently identify race accuratly using skulls m8 and no dont repeat you genrtic argument as its coverd you can break people up into even more diverde groups genetically and no one denies this but that has no bearing on accuracy of catagorizing skull shape by "race" anf therfore outward characteristics
>>
File: superiorcaucasiancat.png (73KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
superiorcaucasiancat.png
73KB, 400x320px
>>18109864
>>18109286
>>
>>18109139
is it hard being retarded?
>>
File: inferiorcongoidcat.jpg (35KB, 470x350px) Image search: [Google]
inferiorcongoidcat.jpg
35KB, 470x350px
>>18110671
>>18109864
>>18109286
>>
>>18108924
Just look for the subtle marks of habitual expressions. Call it "resting bitch face" if you want. Body language also tells you a lot.

If you don't pick up this kind of thing intuitively, it's probably not something you're capable of learning.
>>
>>18109984
>Jewish
>genetics

Really makes you think
>>
>>18108924

>Tfw wide forehead and big eyes

With my big ass head I look like an anime character
>>
>>18111299
No it doesn't.
>>
>>18109837
>just spent all of my savings on 4 months worth of energy drinks.

wuh--- why would you do that?
>>
>>18109837
did you at least get a case discount?

also, what kind of drank?
>>
>>18110254
Forensic anthropology has its uses. It's just often used wrong.

>>18110636
Not that anon, but okay.

There are certain features of the skull that are more common in people with ancestors who came from different geographical locations. That is true. However, skulls do not differ so much (in shape or even in likelihood of an individual with a certain geographical ancestry having a skull of that shape) that information like local demographics where the skull was found isn't far more valuable.

Find the "most African looking" skull possible in a city that's 80% white? Still probably a white person's skull.

If you want an actual source, I recommend reading the article "Estimation and evidence in forensic anthropology: sex and race," published in 2009 in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology by Konigsberg, Algee-Hewitt, and Steadman.
>>
>>18109268
Sure, look at these beautiful Finnish, oooh or maybe they are Norwegian, men who've been gang raping and trafficking girls in the UK.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.