[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone redpill me on Skinwalkers? Im a newfag to /x/ and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: To_5f9a83_5843817.jpg (116KB, 900x514px) Image search: [Google]
To_5f9a83_5843817.jpg
116KB, 900x514px
Can someone redpill me on Skinwalkers? Im a newfag to /x/ and this shit interests the hell out of me. Also general newfag teaching thread
>>
>Skinwalker
Are we talking about the Native American shapeshifter?

Or the entity that mimics people's looks?
>>
>>18108737
Both
>>
>>18108737
Props for making the distinction.
>>
>>18108769
Well ive read some on the native American one but i am clueless about the other, so i guess that one
>>
>>18108749
>Both

Well, the Native American version of the Skinwalker, was akin to a shaman or witchdoctor - one that dabbled in their occult practices.

It was said that they would consume hallucinogenics or psychoactive drugs. They would "become" like that of a wolf, eagle, or fish (running on all fours, leaping with arms outstretched - bay at the moon or caw).

Probably similar to the viking berserker.

Legends say that it would go beyond this, into the paranormal. That they could actual make their bodies manifest into animals.

The OTHER type of skinwalker is one of as just as much legend. These particular entities are said to mimic lost members of groups or campers separated from their friends.

They would look very much, if not identical, to their human counterparts. But something would be off about them or "not right". Typically it was their voice, as the entity has a difficulty mimicking speech.
(As apposed to a Goatman, who could mimic speech very well - but could not mimic appearance)

Another oddity could be how they acted or how they smelt.
>>
>>18108842
Different newfag here.

I saw someone post a whIle ago about "dipping" his bullets in "white ash" to be effective in protecting himself against a skinwalker. Know anything about that?

Also, I've read some fiction where Skinwalkers are called something different in the Native tongue, but speaking or writing that name for them supposedly is like a Beacon for them to find you. What's /x/'s thought on that?
>>
I camped on indian land in NM, UT, and AZ for two weeks with a friend and we consciously tried to encounter a skin walker by thinking about and calling them out while taking an ounce of mushrooms over this time. Never experienced anything paranormal.

We talked to one native descendant and she said they would attack us at one particular butte where a young Indian boy in 2015 disappeared and was taken by one. Climbed it at midnight and there was nothing but a beautiful view. I think it's just lack of knowledge on their part and mistaking coyotes etc as being some supernatural entity while they would trip out in the wilderness.

I still believe to a small degree that my non native bloodline could be the cause of not encountering one and also the fact of only being out there for such a short period.
>>
It's all just a meme at this point

>>18109772
Different tribes have different myths and languages. Fear that speaking of them would call them isn't a unique thing to skinwalkers, either; it's why we call bears bears in English instead of arctos. People in middle age Europe thought that saying arcto would summon one so they'd call them bears (browns) instead
>>
>>18108842
>Viking Berserkers used drugs meme

No evidence for that, btw. Unless you count Odin as a drug.

Also don't forget the idea that the skinwalker who was actually a Shaman wore the literal skin of his to-be-mimicked animal, which then became a 2nd living skin on him. Which is actually exactly like a berserker.
>>
>>18109790
Well, to be fair I've got a hell of a lot better chance of running into an "arcto" than anything else - I went poking around a bear den last weekend. Empty, though.

I'm well equipped to deal with bears, though. A UTS-15 with half slugs and half buckshot should be good for that.

There's an old abandoned limestone mine near me, though, that me and some buddies go exploring every once in a while.

Tl;Dr, buddy swears to god he saw something about the size of a person scramble away from us last weekend. Probably a deer or something lost in the dark, but theres been rumors for years about people or humanoids living in the mines - I know people who won't go near them for that reason.

I don't believe it, obviously, but I decided to make sure I'm well equipped next time. We can handle any animal or redneck, but I'm gonna make sure I'm prepared for.... less conventional threats.

Hence, we have some Dragon's breath (we carry a 4-gas detector to make sure we're never in a flammable or low- oxygen environment, and due to design the mines have decent air flow), slugs, buckshot, frangibles... need to get Rock salt...

"White Ash" is one that I know nothing about and have been trying to figure out what that Anon meant, exactly.
>>
>>18109817
>In traditional Native American lore*, the only way to kill a skinwalker in it's animal form is to shoot it in the neck with a bullet, dipped in white ash. (*Native Americans did not have guns for centuries, while the Skinwalker Legend existed. This is likely embellishment, or a modification of the tradition of burning white ash in areas suspected of having Skinwalkers. The combustion from a gun may deliver a more direct anatheim, in an unwitting instance of accidental ingenuity.)

It's like burning sage to cleanse a house of spirits. The same page I got this from also says that they're weak to silver like movie werewolves so yeah
>>
>>18109782
They attack you if you fear them.
>>
>>18109834
So I assume that means the ash from burning wood from the White Ash tree? And not, say, White Ash tree sap?

It'd be neat to load some double ought with some White Ash ash mixed in... dirty as fuck to shoot, but I'm anal about cleaning anyways, so wouldn't be bad. Maybe I could pack a 45 holow with ash and wax-seal it as well for buddy #3.

I'd love to have silver bullets for the sheer novelty of it, but I'm not great at reloading yet, and that's expensive enough I want to get it right the first time around, if possible. Figure I'll need to find somewhere online to buy silver cause the only places I know of around here sell it as coins, which is more expensive.
>>
>>18109855
The leaves, not the wood.

I mentioned the silver because it's a pop horror addition. There are no actual myths about werewolves and skinwalkers being weak to silver
>>
>>18109863
Really? The ash from the leaves? That's odd, but alright. Actually makes things easier, as far as I can tell.

And I know, I'm sure it started somewhere serious but the silver thing seems to just be a trope at this point. Like I said, I want silver bullets mostly as a novelty. Either some 44 or 45 to put in a glass case.

Even if silver doesn't actually kill something, fire usually does.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.