[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given the interest in the US thread, what is the scariest/spookiest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: europe-map.gif (142KB, 1000x811px) Image search: [Google]
europe-map.gif
142KB, 1000x811px
Given the interest in the US thread, what is the scariest/spookiest European country?
>>
the farther north and east you go, the spoopier it gets
>>
>>18108087
Yeah come to Sunderland and I'll absolutely kick your fucking head in pussy cunt
>>
>>18108087
Iceland's a nice place.
Cold + Low Population and just low population tends to breed spooky.
>>
>>18108098
I've been to Sunderland. was full of chavs and 40-something-year-old borderline alcoholic skinheads who think they're hard cos they beat up 18 year old lads on a Friday night.
>>
>>18108081
UK and France are the origins of a lot of mythical creautres/fables that are prevolent in modern fiction.

Walking in the woods and small villages of western europe feels almost magical. Not explicitly spoopy, just fantastical.
>>
>>18108098
Yeah come to Sunderland and I'll absolutely show you where the jobcenter is, introduce you to my smack dealer, take you for a ride in my stolen car and we can go to JB Sports and I'll show you how to nick traccy bottoms in case you need a clean pair to go to court in
>>
Skye can have a pretty eerie feel, given it's omnipresent fog.
>>
File: skyepools.jpg (270KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
skyepools.jpg
270KB, 1024x683px
>>18108557
Not a country, but still.
>>
>>18108081
Eastern europe has lots of spooky places, from dense, unhabited forests to soviet ruins and abandoned buildings.
>>
Everywhere in Europe is creepy. Try Romania, for a start. Cliche, sure, but there's good reason for it. The woods are thick and dark, the locals are strange, gypsies are everywhere, there's plenty of communist shit left over from the cold war, and castle Dracula is not only real, but apparently prowled by wolves.
>>
Greece, Alot of the islands are super old and super spooky
>>
>>18108627
Never been to Romania, perhaps I should.
>>
No more suggestions?
>>
>>18108634
Greek here, Peloponnisos is by far the spookiest. Lots of legends of imps and shit appearing in the mountains up till WW2.
>>
>>18109796
Imps?
>>
>>18108087
F I N L A N D
I
N
L
A
N
D
>>
>>18108634
>>18109796
I live in Crete and no one here tells so much as a ghost story, let alone anything resembling an imp.
>>18109822
Liek a goblin.
>>
>>18109912
Crete is haunted by other-worldly spectres.
>>
>>18109923
If you mean idiotic tourists, then yes.

But seriously, I'v ebeen here a few years and never found any sort of local lore outside of evil eye. If you have any material on these spectres, I'd be grateful.
>>
Iceland or Northern Scandinavia in general, with the months of near darkness and myths of trolls and other shit.
>>
Isn't it Italy that has an island that they shut off from the rest of the country because of how spooky it is? Like, they kept having tourists and locals go out and go missing on it so they just quarantined it.

It was Italy or Spain. Can't remember. Ghost Bros went there.
>>
>>18109963
Any sauce on this? Sounds spoopy as fuck
>>
Anyone heard of the Flannan Isles?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flannan_Isles_Lighthouse#Mystery_of_1900

In 1900 the men manning the island's lighthouse disappeared, their bodies were never discovered.
>>
>>18109969
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poveglia

Found it! Yep it was Italy.

They used the island as first a dump for plague victims in the middle ages, then a prison, then as a place for mental patients and people with diseases again.
>>
>>18108634
Aren't ALL of the islands old? What with there having been no geological event that could created more islands in the recent past.
>>
>>18109997
I think he means old as in still, or previously inhabited by people since ancient times.
>>
>>18108513
kek
>>
>>18109979
Kind of spooky.
>>
Shouldn't Russia have tons of creepy shit? (Part of it is in Asia, but whatever). Lots of old communist stuff and the inherent creepiness of large expanses of frozen wilderness.
>>
Hungary.
>>
Anyone know anything about spooky shit in Iraq?
>>
>>18108081
What happened to that anon that lived on Cyprus and supposedly was illegally going into the DMZ a couple years ago? I imagine theres a ton of creepy shit going on there
>>
Germany...just germany
>>
wheres palestine on this map you fucking cuck
>>
>>18109884
This :D
>>
File: kort.jpg (198KB, 1125x843px) Image search: [Google]
kort.jpg
198KB, 1125x843px
>>18108102
>>18109961
There's this small town called Eyrarbakki, I'll never forget how creepy that town was when thinking about ghost towns.

That old town which is close to the sea right next to the long black sanded beaches has one of the largest prisons in the country. It also has a graveyard right next to a playground with swings from which you can see the prison. Not only that but it has an authentic actual ghost house, one of the legit reported haunted locations where creepy happenings have taken place according to lots of witnesses.
>>
Netherlands is probably the creepiest place in the world.
>>
Parts of England are super creepy, it's probably not the creepiest but in my town there are creepy parts, haunted places that not many people know about unless they look for it.
>>
>>18110653
Pisslam countries don't count, you doublecuck.
>>
>>18110832
Don't you think that's a bit Pisslamophobic?
>>
>>18110081
Yeah, there are lots of abandoned places and ghost towns. And one GULAG camp where prisoners were forced to mine for uranium. It's reckoned about 380K people died there.

Can any Anon advise anywhere haunted in Prague?
>>
>>18112666
The Prague Jewish cemetery.
>>
>>18110653
Since when is Palestine in Europe?
>>
>>18112666
Lived in Prague for half a year.

Idk about haunted shit, but the golem seemed to have been the major mythic figure associated with the city. The folktale is that it's still kept in the Old New Synagogue in the Jewish Quarter. You'll find certain souvenir shops selling little golem figures
>>
>>18108081
I can't pick just one, there is such a rich tapestry across Europe. My own country is England and it feels like we have a ghost, an occult tale, genuine old pagan worship, or something eerie on every street. I found a book from the 60's about our mythology and the supernatural and there was stuff packed in there that I had never heard of. Makes me sad all this knowledge and local culture is disappearing.
>>
File: moment_130.jpg (8KB, 231x234px) Image search: [Google]
moment_130.jpg
8KB, 231x234px
Very good website detailing curious places around the world.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/
>>
>>18109987
>in 1527 the doge offered the island to the Camaldolese monks

K'lel
>>
Ireland can be creepy as fuck. My dad has a few stories about the house he lived in the middle of the woods. One of the most fucked up was when he was sitting inside the house when one of the sheepdogs where barking at something. He went to see and it looked like a really fucked up version of beast from beauty and the beast. It had blood red eyes and fucking humongous horns and it's fur looked like a grizzly bear the face had no fur at all and you could see tints of red on it.

My dad froze in fear from seeing it but the thing took no interest in it it just ran away really quick.

My dad has a few more experiences if you like to hear them
>>
Austria in the days before december 6th.
Fucking nikolaus, why do you need daemons to get riod of ghosts before you arrive? :(
>>
>>18110645
I wish.
Urbanized as all fuck here.
The only scary things are turkroaches and fungies.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.