[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any stories, anecdotes or general knowledge on In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: quallupilluit.jpg (70KB, 590x440px) Image search: [Google]
quallupilluit.jpg
70KB, 590x440px
Anyone got any stories, anecdotes or general knowledge on Inuit lore or even Alaska. I do not mind discussion of wendigos.

This lore site is pretty spoopy: inuitmyths.com
>>
>>18107214
...those things are fucking cute for some reason
>>
so i just got back from alaska from a cruise. (southeast portion). we visited many cities and learned about inuit culture. i dont see anything sinister about them in fact i spoke with inuit natives. i really admire their creativity and their art and design. the story about the raven being the illumination of the universe was pretty cool yo look up inuit raven god story.
>>
>>18107743
And their alcoholism
>>
>>18107750
Aaron?
>>
>>18107761
Aaron here. What do you want?
I am giving you a 5 minute window to tell me what you want. If you reply in those 5 minutes, I'm yours no matter what happens. A second over that, and you're on your own.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaI-nEN2DRE
>>
Dont eat the yellow snow.
>>
>>18107851
I want you to never cut your fucking ponytail off again and come back to the east coast
>>
>>18107951
Go fuck yourself now. Its way over 5 minutes.
>>
>>18107214
Grew up in AK just left a few weeks ago. A couple of the more popular stories involve wendigos and the little green men that will snatch you up if you wander too far and get caught outside overnight during the Aurora. Or something like that. Used to have a ton of books on the folklore when I was a kid,but those are the only two that really stuck out.
>>
File: invertedtrees.jpg (25KB, 475x286px) Image search: [Google]
invertedtrees.jpg
25KB, 475x286px
>>18107214
Les Stroud of Survivorman has Bigfoot Alaska encounters, you're looking for stories so here's the long version where he retells it to Joe Rogan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNb7pad5jJM

In this documentary "Mysterious Alaska" there's lots of good stuff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9588WgtjBc

One of my favorite from this is the inverted trees story. Trees were found ripped out from the roots, inverted and replanted in the ground, this was during a time when it was impossible for heavy machinery to have done it.
>>
>>18107214
I want to mate with them
>>
>>18107214
damn, they are cute...
>>
>>18107750
What an original thing to say about natives. You're really cool.
>>
>>18111052

>native detected

Look at the statistics, friend.
>>
>>18107750
Every human culture on Earth deals with alcoholism.
>>
>>18107855
Strictly commercial
>>
>>18111105

Keep pol on pol friend, hes not denying or embracing it, just being sarcastic about an overdone meme
>>
File: tunbaq.jpg (117KB, 1018x373px) Image search: [Google]
tunbaq.jpg
117KB, 1018x373px
Also, for the OP, here is something you should look up. It's called the "Tunbaq", and is essentially an Inuit demon which takes the guise of a polar bear on steroids with a long stretchy neck that eats peoples souls.

Its featured in this novel called "the Terror", about the fate of the Ross expedition, but the thing is a part of inuit lore and the dude did his research.
>>
>>18111105
I know all about the situation, it doesn't need to be mentioned unless you're insecure and blurting out things about another demographic makes you feel better about yourself - the same way indians who cry about white people are pathetic. People who are awake don't care about things like that. There's nothing paranormal about politics.
>>
>>18107214
What a cool guy, with his cool time limit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.