[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Walking through woods near development with friend >Get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160906-221701.png (2MB, 1072x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160906-221701.png
2MB, 1072x1072px
>Walking through woods near development with friend
>Get to small, wire-fenced area
>Probably like 10x10 feet
>Concrete base with unlocked metal hatch
>"Confined Space, Enter by Permit Only"
>"IM 14" written next to it in spraypaint
>looks more informational than graffiti
>Small solar panel and some kind of antenna coming out

What could something like this be? Normally I would think it's just a manhole but there is a lot of effort into making sure people don't get in there. The fencing was about 8 or 9 feet tall. And why would they need solar panel and an antenna?

We were able to crack open the hatch using a large fallen branch and from what we saw, there was concrete laid down in layers almost with a metal ladder going down. Some drops of water when it and it sounded pretty deep.

I could try to get some frames a video of it open to upload.

What is it /x/?

While I know it's not, the ideas of things like number stations are really interesting and it seems to small to be a seismic station.
>>
You realize you tripped whatever the antenna signals when you opened it, right?
>>
>>18102584
Well there was nothing attached to the hatch and while that could still be true I don't see the harm in it knowing that we didn't get that close to it.
>>
Go in and take pics.

Don't die before you can put them here though
>>
>Go in.
>Post results.
>>
>>18102578
>number stations
do number stations still exist nowdays?
>>
>>18102578
What's the geology of where you live anon? If you've got a lot of granite it could well be there to detect levels of Radon gas. Solar panel to help power the sensor, antenna to relay data to the parent station. And you're a bad anon for fucking with it. Not just because you're potentially fucking up the results.
>>
>>18102599
they actually do. That one site that had a fuckton of information is updated less frequently but there still are ones surprisingly.
>>
>>18102600
That's interesting, but no, I couldn't find any information on granite in our area (I would assume there would be quarries here for that type of thing right?). Our area is actually more known for clay.
>>
Well its a confined space that somebody is paying attention to OSHA regs. I wouldn't go in it. Could be trapped vapors in there, hence the warning of a permit needed.
>>
And by confined space, its gonna be a space with only one entrance. That hatch. Prob nothing interesting.
>>
I think it's stupid shit like this isn't labelled. You can't just put a hole in the ground, cover it with a metal hatch and say "permit needed" or "do not enter" as that only sparks a person's curiosity. Just put a sign saying what it is and people will be less likely to fuck with it.

Unless they have something to hide... In which case, there's only one way to find out what, OP.
>>
>>18102636
It's kinda funny you point that out too. If it said "vapor sensor station, do not enter" I don't think I would care.

The IM14 thing kinda interests me the most though.
>>
>>18102578
>>18102596

No, don't go in. That is unless you have a confined space permit. This is just industrial property that some company in your area owns. "Confined Space. Enter by Permit Only" is common. In fact, in the United States it has to be posted on every possible entrance of every vessel, pipe, container, rack, termination box, distillation tower, etc. that could hold a human but is not designed for human occupancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfWE7D9RZk
>>
It's a 50 blessings station, give them your phone number and follow the instructions they give.
>>
Here's a way to satisfy our curiosity and
>>18102659
ms. killjoy's statism; just lower a small flashlight and a gopro into the hole to record the potentially spoopy spot.
>>
>>18102651
Honestly that's probably just a location tag. I imagine there's an IM13 and IM15 kicking around somewhere as well. "I'M 14" 2ould be a different story.
>>
>>18102651
......I'm 14 is stumping you?......really don't get into the supernatural your brain will explode.
>>
In-field Monitor 14? As an industrial mechanic/tech, don't go fucking with confined spaces without a SCBA or something.
>>
It's probly a pump station
>>
>>18102908
So that's what your mom is calling it nowadays.
>>
Its either what every anon is saying it is, a mechnics station or a industrial monitor of some kind

Or IM14 is the codename for Subject #14 of an experiment and he is being held in a reinforced concrete bunker underground because he is too dangerous to be let out and the monitors and antenna are there to send info on him to the research center
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.