[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good amount of tie to meditate daily if someone really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: meditation.jpg (350KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
350KB, 1300x1300px
What is a good amount of tie to meditate daily if someone really wants to get deep and improve their practice? I suppose quality is ore important than quantity, but all else being equal what is a good amount of time?
>>
40 mins
>>
There is legit no raw number but I would start with 5 min.

Remember that this is about you, your comfort, your own experience. With time longer and longer periods will feel comfortable, to the point where you can meditate for hours.
But never force yourself.
>>
>>18096215
If you're already somewhat experienced, first start by just meditating until you reach your usual meditative state, then stop as soon as you naturally come out of it. Make a note of how long that session was, then the next day set a timer for a minute longer. Use this time until the first time your meditation is broken by the timer going off, and then add another minute next time.

If at any time you feel like you're forcing yourself in this, immediately discontinue the session and try again tomorrow. Don't feel defeated if this happens; it will, and it's a natural part of the process. Just keep at it.
>>
whatever you can comfortably handle. some people try to meditate for 8-10 hours a day, but most people couldn't do it for 20 minutes straight.
>>
30 mins a day.

Remember that it takes some time to actually settle into the meditation session, something like 10-20 mins from the start depending on the individual. So the meditation may not actually begin until that time has passed, which is why 30 mins is recommended.

But, like you said, quality is more important than quantity. So a solid 30 mins of meditation is better than a forced and strained 1 hour of meditation.

If you force your meditations to last longer, you risk injury to the body. If you're experiencing pains in the legs, back, or wherever, accept that and take a break.

Overtime you and your body will become accustomed to sitting and will be able to do it for longer periods. Then incrementally increase your time as you go on, only if it feels like the next proper step. 30 mins is totally an acceptable number especially if you make time for it daily. Remember that the focus of meditation isn't to rack up hours. The purpose is to experience your sitting fully.
>>
>>18096215
Your picture btw has a terrible posture. Make sure you pick a solid and comfortable posture to start with.
>>
>>18096223

This dialy.
>>
what are some meditation methods? Basically all you do is look at your thoughts right?
>>
>>18098890
>Basically all you do is look at your thoughts right?

Not exactly. "You" don't look at thoughts. There is just sitting and this play of someone looking at their thoughts arises. What that play really is is just thought. The thought says there is "I" which is apart from experience observing experience. All of that passes and sitting continues.

You can't really get too complicated with meditation. So there is just the one tried and true method, which is to just sit and breathe.

You can, if you'd like to, count your breaths. Starting from 1 to 10 and then back to 1. But imo, it's better to just let the experience of meditation happen by letting go of as much "doing" as possible.
>>
>>18096238
This. I'd say you don't really need any more than an hour a day, but definitely aim low to start with, and see how you can do as you go.

The trick is to first know how to do it, particularly to know which method is for you. Then you can worry about length. And hell, maybe at some point you can learn to just meditate here and there at any time you need it, in between breaths. I don't know, I'm not anywhere near any of that, all I know is the breathing and clearing my head which I don't do nearly enough.
>>
>>18098890
>Basically all you do is look at your thoughts right?
I don't look at them so much as... you ever look at something, but then gaze past it, and it all becomes blurry? I've found that's the only way I can approach my thoughts when I meditate. Attempting to clear them out altogether just makes them pop back in annoyingly.

That's the best way I can explain. Just like all the sounds and images around you, just treat your thoughts like white noise. Not really suppressing, not even really ignoring, just... not letting them catch your attention.
>>
I started with 5-10 minutes. It went up for me naturally. I got into it the same way I got into working out. It's time for yourself and no one else is going to encourage that because everyone wants something from you in one way or another. It doesn't have to be super spiritual but think of it as more sleep. It's not always quiet and peaceful, just like sleep, and it doesn't always just happen. You can't force trance states. You just have to put aside the time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.