[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if CERN's reenactment of the big bang was the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1472160640547.jpg (11KB, 219x187px) Image search: [Google]
1472160640547.jpg
11KB, 219x187px
What if CERN's reenactment of the big bang was the original the big bang? What if CERN created the universe? But there can't be CERN if there's no universe right? So it's a huge fucking paradox.
>>
>>18095654
It's called a "time loop" guy. It's based on the idea that the universe is recursive, and that creation was a result of the universe it created. I believe that in order for this to be possible, there must be an outside system that our existence is a part of that we are not aware of yet.
>>
File: hh24_schmidt_1505.jpg (163KB, 1505x1327px) Image search: [Google]
hh24_schmidt_1505.jpg
163KB, 1505x1327px
>>18095654
Being so vain you think humans created the Universe.
>>
File: 1472930786140.jpg (103KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1472930786140.jpg
103KB, 800x585px
>>18095654
Recursive cycles aren't paradoxes. They're not tautologies either.

They're valid though.

Let me give you an example of valid; if I drop my book, it will fall to the ground.

Note: I did *not* drop my book, nor did it fall to the ground. But it's valid to say that if I did, it would.

I dropped my book: False
It fell to the ground: False

If I drop my book, it will fall to the ground: Valid

If I drop my book, it will fall to the ground, and if it falls to the ground, I will pick it up, and if I pick it up, I will drop my book: Valid

I dropped my book: False
It fell to the ground: False
I picked up my book: False

But IF I did, then we know how the rest of the story would go.

It's called circular logic. A lot of non-mathematicians think circular logic is invalid. It's not. It's just not conclusive either.
>>
Yeah that's the grandfather paradox, if I could go back in time to kill my grandfather then I couldnt exist and kill him
>>
>>18095999
That's not really a paradox though. I mean, you were always your own grandfather, you just went back in time and killed some old guy who you thought was your grandfather. However, the multiple universe theory also has an explanation. You simply jumped to a different universe where you had sex with the woman that in your universe was your grandma and created you, but not actually you because you're from a alternate universe.
>>
>>18095997
the rules apply a little differently when the recursion is applied to everything to ever exist.
>>
File: animoot_ts.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_ts.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>18095999
>>18096011
Ooh, this thread is getting getty.

There are two kinds of time travel, that I'm aware of; recursive and phasic.

In recursive time travel, you do the things that must have happened relative to your memory of the past, thus preserving the cycle.

In phasic time travel, you do things differently than what must have happened relative to your memory of the past, thus fracturing the cycle. It turns that the time you traveled to wasn't *actually* your past. Or maybe it was, and you just remember wrong. Ohshi--it's impossible to tell at this point, because time travel erases historical information.

So. That's the difference there. You can bet if time travel is ever discovered as a plausible technology (remember, nobody ever invents time travel) and applied on Earth in an open way, then there will be two camps who have different opinions on how to utilize the technology.

One that insists that you MUST not disrupt the timeline, because... reasons!

And one that insists "Well, it's fine, because the timelines we're traveling to are only *parallel* timelines. They can't *really* be the same timelines as our past, because in our pasts we didn't do the things we did in the parallel timelines.

Both viewpoints are correct from within their own perspective, however, they do have starkly different morales regarding how to conduct themselves while traveling. On the day that time travel is ever revealed to be a plausible technology, and applied on Earth in such a way, you will have to make a decision on which group you'd prefer to time travel with, if at all, based on your morale principles, and theirs.
>>
>>18096041
I'm with the recursive time travel camp. There's something satisfying about the thought everything having already been accounted for in our universe. Carefully and consciously weaving our reality into what it always will be and subsequently has been. Plus I wouldn't want to fall to the temptation of scattering to different timelines to attempt to fulfill our short-sighted desires.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.