[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From time to time, I see a thread on /x/ talking about the fears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

From time to time, I see a thread on /x/ talking about the fears of the deep sea creatures and how horrifying and unsettling the unknown depths are. Most of the time, I read these threads and just think, "Oh, that's just that individual's fear. It's not really something I understand." Well, I'm hear to tell you now, I understand the depths of your fear now.

I've been reading up on an incident that happened in 2014 over a massive shark that disappeared.

There's a team of scientists that tracks great white sharks and other large marine predators. Among their favorite subjects, is a massive female named Alpha. She was just under 9',6" long, and just over the world record weight. So, it's safe to say, she was one BIG MOTHERFUCKER.

Apparently, the tracking device that was planted inside of her had some strange and sudden activity. Her body suddenly plummeted to the bottom of the ocean at an incredible speed. The temperature of the tracking device suddenly changed to a higher temperature, then it laid dormant for 8 days, before it was washed ashore. Scientists were baffled by this at first. After reviewing evidence, they were led to the conclusion that an even larger shark, more than twice her size must have eaten her.

Well apparently, it happened again this summer. Another monster-sized Great White was suddenly dragged into the depths of the ocean, roughly the same size and weight. Something swallowed it in one bite, digested it for 8 days, then it washed up on shore.

Do you think there are some sort've prehistoric mega-niggersharks down there?
>>
Can you post some sources please?
>>
>>18093533
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ten-year-mystery-solved-great-3783970

Sure! Let me find the other articles I had been reading, though. I got them from Google searching "Alpha Female Shark Eaten".
>>
Well when three fourths of the planet is covered in water, of course there are going to be things that escape the grasps of time as it were.

I mean seriously there is a fucking shit-ton of water on the Earth and we've barely seen the creatures on the surface layer of the water. I mean seriously we find new species almost everyday, so if you ask me. Yes, yes there is a giant mega-niggershark down there.
>>
>>18093525
big killer-whale?
>>
>>18093525
i always remembered the time when I read 'jaws' by peter benchley, they were conversing about how 100 feet great whites are possible, that the reason they haven't been discovered was that they are surviving in the deeper parts of the ocean. That was the first time I became interested on sea monsters.
>>
Maybe the tracking devices just fell off?
>>
>>18093793
well consider the 8 days where it is dormant
>>
>>18093793

"Shortly after, the tag registered a rapid temperature rise - to the heat you'd find inside a digestive system."
>>
>>18093525
But its in the middle of the fucking ocean, how do these tracking devices suddenly wash up ashore
>>
>>18094459
What are >tides >currents >waves >possibly getting moved by other creatures
>>
>>18093793
They mention that too, but when you look at the actual tracking device (I'll see if I can find a picture), it's actually grafted on to the shark's skin. Even if it did fall off, it would take something pretty much ripping the host apart, to make that tracker come off.
>>
>>18094459
>>18094605
Yeah. When you look at the ocean, it's just one big mass of water with waves ontop. But it's actually a constantly flowing and churning body of water. Imagine if you put a single pea in your bathtub, and then churned it with your arm for thirty minutes. Would the pea still be in the spot you left it?
>>
File: o67oGuOG.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
o67oGuOG.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
tha'ts a big shark
>>
The tracker fell off, simple as.
>>
>>18094670
for you
>>
>>18094670
fuck you
>>
>>18094670
4u
>>
>>18094670
If I take that tracker off will you die?
>>
>>18093525
Prehistoric mega-niggersharks, you say? Perhaps. Discovery had those fake 'submarine' videos, it's possible that old great whites might get into the high 20's to 30-something foot range and we've just never measured one that old. Or perhaps it really IS a prehistoric mega-niggershark; either way we'll need a bigger boat.
>>
Why couldn't it be a sperm whale? They're known for eating large prey, and we have found sharks bits in their stomachs before, and they are known for diving great depths.
>>
File: 1375853272418.jpg (343KB, 1164x3700px) Image search: [Google]
1375853272418.jpg
343KB, 1164x3700px
>>18093525
>>
>>18095492
That gave me a full on panic attack.
>>
>>18095492
>that fucking cthulhu
>>
>>18093793
>>18094693

>plummets to great depths
>appears on shore later

So did it sink or did it float when it detached?
>>
>>18093525
9'6" isn't even a full grown great white

learn2shark
>>
I thought I read somewhere that it was just a sperm whale that ate it or something
>>
why do I want to see rule 34 of that duck lookin ass fish op posted
>>
>>18095412

This is clearly the most logical explanation and has been mentioned as a likely answer elsewhere. Nope, better bring back megalodon because /x/.
>>
A very interesting finding was just discovered, the oldest living animal.
>inb4 "what about (unknown)?" just hear me out here.

Greenland Sharks are very elusive creatures who live in the deep attic waters way up North. Also, their body apparently lacks enough carbon for a dating, without killing the shark.

Recently a group of biologists went out to some "illegal fisheries" up in Northern Greenland and came up with 30 dead sharks. They took their eyes for carbon dating and found that the youngest one was about 50 years old and the oldest was over 150.

Their metabolism is incredibly slow, so they can possibly have a exponentially huge growth, and live for god knows how long. They gain maturity around 60 years of age. Their minimum natural death age is set to 237 years. So, these sharks can just keep going into deep and colder water, away from humans, and live for long than your great great great grand kids if you werent a virgin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_shark
>>
>>18095492
That's the Burj Khalifa not the Burj Dubai.
Stupid fucking infographic.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.