[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annabelle was a shitty movie but this thing gave me the willies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: anbelle.jpg (20KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
anbelle.jpg
20KB, 600x315px
Annabelle was a shitty movie but this thing gave me the willies. Shit with pitch black skin and yellow fucking demon eyes absolutely finish me.

What are things from a horror/thriller aspect that scares you in films?
>>
no jumpscares, that's about it.

The original version of The Exorcist is perfect. It's all atmosphere, hidden imagery, and creepy visuals. No a single jumpscare in the entire film and certainly no demon face popping up every 4 seconds.
>>
I didn't like those eyes peeking through the dark in amityville horror. The bum behind the diner in Mulholland drive.
>>
>>
>>18087046
I liked Annabelle. It was a good kind of shitty horror movie. Entertaining and actually kind of scary.
>That elevator/basement scene
>The drawings
>The fucking Manson girl that murders her parents
>>
>>18087054
Fucking hell, the scariest part of The Excorist for me was the scene where they have to stick the needle in the girls throat for a medical exam.
>>
>>18087046
>oh scary werewolf, never seen that before...

>>18087068
>oh dear, darth maul so fritening
>>
An unseen or unexplained monster. H.P. Lovercraft and Robert W. Chambers. Got this down really well with certain stories and making them sound like we can only ever get certain features of it and we can't comprehend its true whole unstoppable form. It follows actually carried this concept.

It rarely showed the entity killing victims, and showed the outcome though of dead bodies and let you use your own imagination. It also never labelled it.

It wasn't a alien, demon, ghost, curse, anything. It was more like an unstoppable force of nature that you had to keep at bay rather than kill, like the creatures of H.P. Lovecraft.
>>
>>18087046
is that from Twilight? team Edwin right?
>>
>>18087068
Star Trek - The Phantom Menace, I thought he had a double edge lightsaver thats hella scary huh dude
>>
>>18087075

I liked the husband in that movie, how he was all understanding and shit and made a joke about that kids ominous drawing.
>>
>>18087067
>The bum behind the diner in Mulholland drive.
This. All day, every day of the week.
>>
>>18087046
Yellow are no demon eyes, faggot. Red eyes do.
>>
>>18087081
Don't ever have bypass surgery. Needles and tubes and wires all in your shit.
>>
>>18087067
>The bum behind the diner in Mulholland drive

This is probably my ultimate spoopy scene. David Lynch really knows how to build up suspense or create sinister atmosphere.
>>
File: JVcoXIK.jpg (26KB, 608x371px) Image search: [Google]
JVcoXIK.jpg
26KB, 608x371px
When you see a part of something around a corner/some other obstacle. Also, seing somone/thing peeking at you. bonus points if you don't notice it until it moves
>>
>>18087068
I always hear "IT'S DARTH MAUL" from Battlefront II in my head when I see that
>>
File: ss (2016-09-02 at 02.02.12).jpg (48KB, 1063x506px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-09-02 at 02.02.12).jpg
48KB, 1063x506px
>>18087046
The zombies from City of the Living Dead. You can't get the effect from just watching clips, just the way they are shot, how they look, there is something really inhhuman about them. They are like a no rules version of the Deadites from Evil Dead. You have no fucking clue who's going to get axed off at any time once they show up.

Also, from The Beyond
>"ATTACK DICKIE, ATTACK! ATTACK!"
>Silence
The fucking moment when that scene changes just got me. To some degree it's in line with Fulchi's "I will break my own rules to scare you."methedologody, but it actually kind of makes sense within the scene.
>>
>>18087085
In the Mouth of Madness managed to get this right. You never really see the Old ones, and anything you do see is out of focus, in the distance or obscured.
>>
The ending to Sleepaway Camp (1983) fucked with me pretty good. Very underrated movie.
>>
>>18087249
It's not... really that good senpai.
>>
File: 200.gif (1MB, 480x200px)
200.gif
1MB, 480x200px
>>
>>18087252
It's a very solid slasher with an ending more memorable than most other movies in the genre.
>>
>>18087046
For some reason when horror movies end uo finally showing the demon/ghost/whatever spook is in the story, the fear factor goes downhill for me. I guess a part of the horror for me is not ever truly knowing what we're dealing with. Ignorance is not bliss, it's terrifying.

I think this is what made Blair Witch Project effective for me. They never showed the witch outright, just how she fucks with the three. I'm not calling it the best horror movie of all time, and it's not the kind of horror where you'd be too scared to go to the bathroom at night, but I really liked the buildup and the atmosphere.

In The Mist, while the monsters were shown, there was no real logic to them. They were eldritch horrors from some portal, and were wreaking havoc. That's it. The people knew nothing about them. That's kinda scary too.

There's also the ominous feeling the extremely huge monsters in The Mist gives off that makes you feel helpless, in a way the ayyyy in Independence Day did for me when I was a kid. Just that spaceship hovering over the entire city, idk why but it shook me.
>>
>>18087176
This shit fucks me up man
>>
>>18087218
I always dug the way Fulci visioned the undead. Even in Zombie, they're not retards overacting going "hurrrr", they just shuffle about looking at the ground until they jolt and tear your throat out.
>>
that scene in 1408 where hes in the post office and then everyone in the post office goes apeshit and smashes the place up and hes still in the room freaked me out
>>
when the ghost has big empty eyes and it opens its mouth and it goes all long
>>
>>18087046
I thought the beginning of the movie was actually really good.

Things that scare me would be the stuff that can actually happen, like psycho killers chasing people through the woods.
>>
Unhinged people. Unpredictable but all too believable. Still haven't found a performance of such a character that comes close to the original psycho.

(I am aware that Bates in the book is a whole different deal)
>>
>>18087176
Fuck man, this exactly. Especially the scene with the video, where the alien is right in sight of the camera, but you don't notice until it moves. That combined with the atmosphere and build up, Signs was a solid movie for me. (living almost surrounded by corn fields added to it)
>>
>>18087082
come get a load of this guy
>>
Those head-shaking demons in Jacob's Ladder. Not jumpscare scary or anything, but really well conceived and unnerving almost because of the fact that they're understated.
>>
>>18087068
What I love anout this scare is that in the context of the scene it sounds like we are about to go to a flashback, or maybe a jump scare that's just a few frames that occurs in the mediums mind. When she looks over at homeboy and sees the spook it's genuinely suprising. Insidious fucked up a lot and I wouldn't give it over 6/10 but there were some really nice creative scares. The pairing of tiptoe through the tulips with the presence of the spookman was a fun contradiction, I will be monitoring the directora future work.
>>
>>18087054
I dunno, I never really liked the Exorcist. It started out great but once the girl is full on possessed it lot it's appeal to me. Maybe I need to rewatch it.
>>
>>18088644
What made it so scary for me was that, as you said, I kinda expected a flashback, but then this thing shows up right then and there, in bright daylight. It made you feel like you weren't save anywhere.
But the song playing and the demon sharpening his nails was a bit too Nightmare on Elm Street for me. It gave the demon too much of a personality.
>>
>>18087054
>No jump scare in the Exorcist

confirmed for not having seen it.
>>
>>18087335
Sauce?
>>
>>18087054
Why the fuck do people always shot on horror movies containing jumps cares?

How the fuck else am I supposed to get scared watching the movie?

Why the fuck do you revenue watch horror movies if not to get scared?
>>
There was this movie that I saw way back when my dad rented for me because it looked like a star wars rip off and it turned out it was this flick about a virus that if you fall asleep it makes your head implode and there was this one scene where the annoying guy of the group falls asleep accidentally and the scene of his head caving in and melting has stayed with me right up to my 40s, I just wish i could remember the name of the movie because it fucking scarred me when I was younger...Jesus!
>>
>>18090687
>>18090687
This. The thing isn't that there's anything wrong with jump scares, it's just that most movies rely on ONLY jump scares, not a good mix of jump and atmosphere or whatever. There are some great movies with just a few jump scares.
>>
>>18087054
>no jumpscares

what a fucking puss, what kind of horror movie doesn't have jumpscares? that's like the most necessary element to a horror movie. Do you eat pizza without the bread?
>>
File: halloween-dead-child.jpg (48KB, 565x240px) Image search: [Google]
halloween-dead-child.jpg
48KB, 565x240px
>>18090722
I was like 12 when I saw halloween 2 and the scene where the kids head melted in the fucking mask and all the maggots and snakes and frogs came out of it...shit that has stayed with me up to 25 so far.
>>
>>18091209
Eh, back in elementary, a friend invited me to his house and his older brother made a mission of scaring us to death that night.
He promised to stop if we watched a horror movie with him, the choices were Child's Play 2, Zombi and Halloween 3. We went with the least scary cover, but fuck, I was terrified.

>the face of the chick who messed up with the mask chip
>>
>>18087335
that turrible cg lighting tho
>>
>>18091209
Oh shit son me too!
>>
>>18091209
that's halloween 3: season of the witch. if you haven't seen it, it's recommended. it has nothing to do with michael myers...
>>
>>18091201

>when I was a teenager my sister had her weird friend over and we were all watching tv and shit and I ordered pizza for everyone

>It arrives, we all grab a slice, her friend takes all the toppings off her slice and just eat the bread

>wat
>>
>>18087046
I know there's already a Blair Witch thread, but the weird-ass sound they hear in the tent right before it starts shaking and they bolt literally gives me chills. It's unlike anything else in the movie and it's a little too weird.
>>
>>18087054
The directors cut has that sort of jump scare with the sheer oddness of her coming down the stairs upside down backwards on all fours

I jumped
>>
>>18091491
I fucking love Season of the Witch. I get shit all of the time when I say it's one of the best horror movies to come out of the 1980's. To me it's more watchable than any of the other Halloween series as far as seeing it for the fiftieth time goes.
>>
>>18087054

when people saw it in theaters they were coming out screaming and crying.
>>
Mulholland Drive had the best jump scare of all time.
>>
>>18093255
The Exorcist is only scary if you're religious.
>>
>>18087068
everyone always says darth maul but to me this always looked like nicholas cage with red face paint which made it even less scary
>>
File: giphy (8).gif (495KB, 480x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (8).gif
495KB, 480x281px
The baby from EraserHead
>>
>>18087176
This. The best scares I've had are from scenes where the "monster" is in frame for a good couple of seconds, but you don't notice before it moves. Gives good chills even if it doesn't move.
>>
this shit fucked me up. very scary movie.
>>
File: 1446402093841.gif (659KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1446402093841.gif
659KB, 300x168px
>>18094114
I liked the Witch a lot, but come on. It wasn't really 'horror'.
>>
When signs first came out, i was going through this phase where aliens terrified me. the scene where the MC learns his friend has one trapped in his pantry, and he goes in there and it sticks its fingers out from under the door, freaked me the fuck out.
>>
File: niggs.jpg (120KB, 519x1019px) Image search: [Google]
niggs.jpg
120KB, 519x1019px
>>18087046
>Shit with pitch black skin and yellow fucking demon eyes absolutely finish me.

It's a normal reaction OP
>>
>>18087046
I remember watching something that theorized that most people are scared of things that take some kind of humanoid form. This works for me because I always found following the scariest;
Demon from your pic
Girl from The Ring
Demon from Insidious
Crazy demon woman from The Conjuring
Nun from The Conjuring
Bagul from Insidious
Zombies
The list goes on with similar creatures. The witch in the desert video and the strange creature in the park video.
>>
>>18087068
The thing about this scene is what >>18088644 said. The monster, himself isn't scary if you just look at the image. But in the film, you are gradually conditioned to accept these up-close camera angles when people talk. Then, this scene builds up like they're about to have a flashback, when suddenly, BOOM! This scene absolutely got me. I stayed up later a couple nights and had dreams about hyenas afterwards.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.