[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /x/ Several weeks ago something weird as fuck happened.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

hey /x/

Several weeks ago something weird as fuck happened.

I visited Japan for the 5th time in my life and finally decided that I would join some of my friends that were going to climb Mt. Fuji.

Since there were multiple trails to choose from, we decided we would take the most common trail to the top, because there were a couple of individuals in the group that weren't experienced exactly 'experienced' hikers. I wasn't really experienced myself, but I knew I had the stamina to do it.

Mt. Fuji is around 3776 meters high and has a bunch of stations and stops as you go up. These are spots to rest, resupply yourself or spend the night. The higher you go up, the more expensive it gets. I heard from a local friend that the stops are supplied by bulldozers that bring them to the top. The bulldozers take a separate route, which is prohibited for hikers. The route is sometimes visible as you climb up, I know this because the tracks of the bulldozer were visible. The trail we took is called the Yoshida trail starts from the Subaru Line 5th station which is around 2300 meters if I am not mistaken and very easily accessible by bus, car or foot if you are either hardcore or batshit insane. The Yoshida trail is the most common route and it is overall an easy climb, but can still be dangerous if you are not concentrating or have no idea what you are doing.

continue?
>>
We were with seven people. three girls and four guys. Two girls and one guy are Japanese, the rest including me are foreigners. The trail we decided on is called the Yoshida Trail/Route.

The Yoshida trail officially has 8 stations. As we ascended towards the summit, we occasionally rested at the stations, snacked, drank and continued. Around the 7th station, things started getting bad. Clouds got thicker and the air became a bit thin. Since I am a smoker, I guess I was used to not getting enough oxygen, but some people in our group were having it bad. Me and a friend urged them to continue and rallied them to climb. After we reached 8th station, it was completely dark and the starry sky was astonishing. We were doubting ourselves, should we rest until late night and then continue? or should we just continue? My body was starting to get cold. We decided to continue. We had headlamps, to guide us through the dark rocky/sandy terrain, halfway up to the summit from the 8th station is when shit really hit the fan. It was all misty and we were facing heavy winds, my body trembled, because my clothes were moist and my socks were wet. I was prepared and had spare clothing, but not everyone in the group was. After hiking through the mist we saw a sign say, 9th Station.
'Dafuq? 9th Station? I thought there were only 8 stations?'
We decided to continue and check it out. We climbed and stumbled upon what looked like a grave stone. I couldn’t read it because it had difficult Japanese Kanji (Characters) written on it.
>>
File: IMG_2435.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2435.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
‘So Kouji, what does this say?’
‘It’s a memorial for hikers that went missing while climbing, most likely in the winter.’
‘Hey guys look there are a lot of coins in front, holy shit.’

That did seem attractive.

‘Shall we steal it?’
Yuri objected.
‘Are you insane? it will bring bad luck.’
‘Well these people are missing and probably dead, they don’t need the money.’

After minutes of arguing, Sam finally convinced our Japanese friends that it was ‘OK’ to steal the money.

We stole the money and continued. We had stolen about ¥7000 which is roughly $70. As we continued, the trail got steeper and even though we had headlamps, we couldn’t see shit. Kouji was mumbling to himself in Japanese, I couldn’t hear it exactly, but he was probably cursing the weather.

the '9th station' It was a half collapsed building, barred from entry and seemed abandoned. What we decided was really smart and stupid at the same time. We decided to break in and sleep there until the weather had gotten better. Me and a friend kicked in some wooden planks and slid inside, it was pretty dangerous because of remaining nails in the wood work that were pointing out. We managed to get inside without getting scratched or injured. It was very odd inside and pretty creepy. It looked post-apocalyptic with papers all over the floor. We founded a mountain of raincoats piled on top of each other, brand new in plastic waiting to be opened. There was also a lot of wood and a huge hole in the roof that we didn't notice. Maybe the hole was hinting at the reason why the building was abandoned in the first place. There was a piece of wood with some sort of poem carved into it in Japanese, I wanted to ask my Japanese friend what it said, but I didn't. Afraid it might be some curse, left behind by someone.

Pic related, legit pic of the abandoned station.
>>
I changed clothes, my body was still trembling. I was yearning for some alcohol. My math teacher actually once told me that alcohol actually makes it worse and that you only 'feel' better. Well who gives a fuck, it's all about the feeling. We could hear the wind blowing through the cracks of the building. Eventually we tried to sleep but it was too cold and we couldn't fall asleep. I saw flashlights of other hikers pass us by, but no one ever noticed us. Which was good, because I didn't want to share our newfound hideout with simpletons or tourists that neither speaker English or Japanese (trust me there were a lot of them).

My friend suggested we waited a few hours and then ascend to the top to see the sunrise. We all agreed. After a long still hour, one of my other friends finally broke the silence by suggesting that we should climb down and that this was actually fucking insane because half of the group didn't come as prepared. The group looked pretty demoralised, aside from a few individuals; so the idea didn't actually sound too bad. I read a sign saying 9th Station 3500M.

'We still had 200 meters to go, but who gives a fuck.’
So we went down. As we went down and got to the 8th station, there was no one around anymore. When we were about to descend towards the 7th station, I suddenly looked at the other trail, the one with the bulldozer tracks. It looked so attractive. No rocks, just sand. It was probably longer since it was going down in a 'S' shape. I suggested we took that track. After much argument, we finally got everyone to agree that was going to be the better option than stepping over hard slippery rocks in the dark, slipping and breaking our necks.
>>
As we went down the bulldozer route, things were getting a lot easier. I was still cold but didn’t get as tired as before. The sky looked dark and beautiful and I could see a glimpse of the milky-way.

One of my friends pointed up the trail where we came from and said:
'Do you see that in the distance'?
'Yeah what the fuck is that?' I heard someone else say.

There were two lights very very far away above us on the same route moving down.
‘Maybe it's the bulldozer.' someone said.
I nervously responded with: ‘Yeah maybe.’

We continued descending down the road. After 10 minutes of hiking, my friend said again ‘
Guys it's coming closer at a fast rate, it has to be the bulldozer.’
At this point I was shitting my pants. If it was in fact the bulldozer we would be in great trouble. It was illegal to be on this route to begin with. I suggested that we hid in the bushes to our right and wait until he passed us. Everyone turned their headlamps off and we waited while watching the hills above us. The lights suddenly vanished. We waited and waited. Nothing.
>>
‘If it was the bulldozer, wouldn’t we have fucking heard it? It is a huge thing, even if it is far, it’s completely silent here.’
‘Good point, let's continue guys, we're all tired, I think we are tripping.’

We started hiking again, rested a few times. Suddenly my friend looked very pale and terrified and wanted to say something.
‘G-guys I actually don't think that is a bulldozer.. the lights are dancing, they don't move simultaneously.’
I could understand why he was terrified. If it was not a bulldozer, how the hell did they descend so quickly? If I had to guess and compare, they were 1-2km behind us and now it seemed like 100 to 200m and we were walking really fast to begin with.
'Maybe they are running?' The Japanese friend in our group said.
'I doubt it, even if you ran as fast as you could, there is no way you can cover that distance in that short amount of time and then I'm not even counting in that it is downhill and slippery and makes it pretty much impossible to run.' My other friend replied.

I agreed. I was starting to nervous as everyone started walking even faster than before. The lights vanished again for a brief moment. The friend in front stopped and was out of breath. Everyone stopped as well and we took a brief break.
>>
'So anyone have any idea what the fuck that was?'
'I don't know man, could be anyone.'
'The thing is, it's dark, were on a trail we aren't supposed to be on, in the middle of no where. So anything is possible and by the wa-'
My friend's voice was interrupted by a very very weird sound. I couldn't tell if it was a human voice, an animal or whatever the fuck it was that was behind us and from the looks on my friends faces, I could tell they were facing the same dilemma. The lights were very close now, just a few hills above us. Roughly 40-50 meters. Everyone started semi-running. Afraid to run fast out of fear of falling and breaking something. We were knee-deep in shit. Whatever it was, it was following us. I had this dark, eerie feeling inside of me. As if I was a main character in a horror movie. Something inside me knew that the thing behind us, wasn't human. I am not your paranormal or extra terrestrial expert, but logic suggested that the movement of the two flashlights behind us didn't look very humanoid or at least didn't look like two individuals carrying a flashlight or wearing a headlamp and neither did it look like a vehicle and even if it was a vehicle, I bet we could have heard a fucking 50 ton bulldozer descending down the road.

During our descend, the lights occasionally faded away and came back and every time we looked back, they seemed to get closer and closer. The speed of its movement was also weird, when it was far, it would descend in a very rapid pace, but as it got closer it slowed down. As if it was stalking us. Eventually the lights completely disappeared and didn't reappear, the spooky feeling however remained, until we were actually on the bus home.
>>
File: 1824923.jpg (19KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1824923.jpg
19KB, 400x266px
>>18086077
>>18086115
>>18086118
>>18086126
>>18086130
>>18086132
>>18086138

>no greentext
>>
>>18086175
Sorry man. At least it's a legit story and not some ass pull.
>>
>My friend's voice was interrupted by a very very weird sound

Can you describe it?
>>
>>18086189
>>18086189
>Can you describe it

Well all of my friends say something different

>it sounded like a screaming female
>it sounded like a cat
>someone was shouting
>i heard water boiling, a loud bang and a loud screech
>it sounded like some sort of animal
>loud footsteps and a weird voice

What I heard was literally a sudden low pitched sound that morphed into a high pitch and it was pretty loud too. I also heard footsteps and the sound of sand shifting.
>>
File: 16.jpg (11KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
11KB, 500x300px
I enjoyed your story, OP, even if you didn't enjoy your hike.
>>
>>18086205
Just doing a throw in the dark Here, but twas probably a creature which mimics your biggest fears?
>>
Best idea would have been to see what it was. Imo, it was probably hikers that you guys freaked out and were following you since you guys were acting "suspicious". But no, it really was a dick move to take those coins though.
>>
>>18087521
Japan has a demon creature thing for like every situation lol. But thanks OP really cool story my dude.
>>
>>18086077
>Inexperienced, climbs mountain in the dark
>Steals money
>I didn't want to share our newfound hideout with simpletons
Sounds like you're the simpleton, friend.
>>
Pretty good story, very readable and well written, with good pacing. Greentexting is terrible, it's good that you didn't do it.

7.5/10
>>
>>18087602
Damn Right. Seriously who steals money from a grave, you respectless PoS.
>>
>>18087643
Nice story tho..
>>
>>18087643
Did you read the story? It wasn't exactly a grave.
>>
>>18087602
>inexperienced

Well, give OP a break. I'm an experienced hiker, but I have never climbed a 3776 meter high volcano.
>>
What a fucking faggot. You wrote a novel for something that could have been condensed into one post

Tldr version
>op goes hiking with group
>gets dark
>see creepy lights and hear creepy sound
>>
>>18086077
>continue?

no, but you already did. and you and i know you're full of shit.
>>
>>18087872
>op goes hiking with group
>does asshole foreigner shit
>gets dark
>see creepy lights and hear creepy sound
fixed

also 'simpletons' were probably the ghosts of missing hikers looking for some spare change for the bus ride home.
>>
File: Suicide-Forest-in-Japan.jpg (98KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide-Forest-in-Japan.jpg
98KB, 615x410px
forgot pic
>>
>>18086077
Japanese skinwalkers?
>>
twas an interesting rp, at least
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-02-09-11-01.png (842KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-02-09-11-01.png
842KB, 1080x1920px
>>18086118
Wew...
>>
>>18086077
>continue?

Stop this fucking shit. Either tell the story or don't.
>>
>>18088138
>should be /x/ courtesy to always reply 'no'
they'll still continue their story anyway
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.