[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there are Elemental Kingdoms of Air, Earth, Fire & Water;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: pentagram-elements1.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pentagram-elements1.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
If there are Elemental Kingdoms of Air, Earth, Fire & Water; with corresponding Elemental Rulers to each of them...... Shouldn't there be a Spirit Kingdom? If so, what are these spirits like? And who might their leader be?
>>
There's only one Being in that Kingdom, anon.
>>
>>18085332
Those are elements, not kingdoms on the literal sense.
And yes, that includes spirit.
>>
>>18085506
>implying
>>
Air, water, earth. Fire is not a major element. I mean birds, fish, land mammals.. what are the fire creatures? To survive you need air, water, and food. You could argue you need heat, but really you just dont want super cold. Also the body, skin, muscle/organs, bones. The earth, sky, ocean, soil. Where the fuck is fire? I mean why not call lightning and snow major elements too?

In reality the pentagrams other elements are positive and negative. That being said i still work fire magic, but it irritates me that mundanes think its on the same level as the trinity.
>>
>>18085548
>what is the sun?
All energy on earth - and I mean ALL of it - has its origin in the sun, the great ball of fire in the sky.

Even so, the elements aren't even the physical substances they're analogous to. Fire and Water are the two prime polar opposites, Air is the balancing essence, and Earth is the material basis. All you perceive with your senses is a mix of these four.
>>
>>18085548
You don't practice fire magic otherwise you would know that fire is also the sun and the passion of men and beasts.
>>
>>18085332
There is the ether, which is like a placeholder element for magic and whatnot
>>
File: primitive-man2.jpg (276KB, 535x401px) Image search: [Google]
primitive-man2.jpg
276KB, 535x401px
>>18085548
>what are the fire creatures?
Look in the mirror.
>>
>>18085572
Spirit=Ether, both are first cause/last manifested. Ether is the name given in older philosophies emphasizing the elements as raw impersonal forces, Spirit is the name given by Wiccans to conceive of it as supreme Deity.

Both are correct in their own way.
>>
>>18085506
God?

>>18085523
I have heard otherwise though, anon. I've read peoples accounts of astral travel to some of the Elemental realms? I recall reading someones experience going to the Earth kingdom I believe.

I've read of people's encounters with Spirits that were not from any Planetary Sphere, Elemental Kingdom, or the Goetia. So I kind of had the crack theory that there might be a fifth Elemental Kingdom and Ruler?
>>
>>18085706
What kind of spirits? If I had to guess just based on what they're NOT part of I'd say maybe they were some sort of previously incarnated creature, or maybe a "greater" spirit that oversees multiple individuals or a whole species?

You've interpreted my previous comment more or less correctly. The highest expression of each of the four elements is a Divine quality, with Spirit being the Divine Consciousness itself. This Consciousness then subdivides as it descends in the process of creation, losing awareness of its true nature along the way. This process is facilitated by the Elements. Although it appears as differentiated beings, the fundamental quality of consciousness in the purity of Spirit is its unity.
>>
>>18085942
Well, there are many spirits in grimoires throughout the ages (especially spirits you would see in more modern grimoires) that were never ranked or attributed to specific spheres. Like some of the Spirits in "Summoning Spirits" by Konstantinos for example. Perhaps, they some of these beings are ghosts of some sort, or a different form of another spirit. But I thought that they could be from an Elemental Kingdom of the spirt. Perhaps this is just lunacy. I just wanted to hear other people's opinions on these thoughts.
>>
>>18086022
Not lunacy, it's an interesting theory, and it's always good practice to consider alternative possibilities. All I'm saying is that every source I know of that relates to elemental and planetary spheres counts Ether/Spirit as belonging to the Divine alone.

I'm not familiar enough with Konstantinos to say anything specific, but three ideas come to mind for modern grimoires in general:

1). They are in fact planetary spirits, but the grimoire's author doesn't use the planetary model

2). It's been hypothesized that there are more spheres beyond the traditional seven planets. I can't speak to this one personally but I know the idea's out there.

3). They could just be human-created egregores or godforms
>>
>>18085548
Djinni are the fire beings.
>>
>>18086022
You can't have an Elemental Kingdom of Spirit, dude. It means you don't get the whole fucking deal.
>>
>>18085548
>What are fire creatures

The Jinn
>>
The heck is this ? An inane roleplay parody of A:TLA and A:LOK ?
>>
>>18085548
>what are fire creatures?
reptiles. they need the SUN to maintain body temperature
>>
>>18086385
Aren't Djinni usually associated with serpents and reptiles?
>>
>>18085332
You are using an incorrect framework. There's Earth, Wind, Water Fire, Void in Japanese philosophy.
>>
File: Heroforearth096.jpg (44KB, 792x600px) Image search: [Google]
Heroforearth096.jpg
44KB, 792x600px
>>18085332
>Elemental Kingdoms of Air, Earth, Fire & Water; with corresponding Elemental Rulers to each of them
>Shouldn't there be a Spirit Kingdom?
brasil

>And who might their leader be?
temer
>>
>>18086051
>Not lunacy, it's an interesting theory, and it's always good practice to consider alternative possibilities. All I'm saying is that every source I know of that relates to elemental and planetary spheres counts Ether/Spirit as belonging to the Divine alone.

I see. That makes sense. It's a crack theory, like I said - but so was the idea of the earth being round at one point, so theres nothing wrong with crack theories. I just should have researched it a little more.

>2). It's been hypothesized that there are more spheres beyond the traditional seven planets. I can't speak to this one personally but I know the idea's out there.

Considering how big the Universe is this would make a lot of sense. This was kind of what I was getting at.
>>
>>18086352
The fuck are you on about? We're talking about classical elementalism that's been around since at least ancient Greece, probably longer.
>>
>>18086066
>Djinni
Genies
>>
File: djinn_raging.jpg (448KB, 1000x743px) Image search: [Google]
djinn_raging.jpg
448KB, 1000x743px
>>18086856
Problem?
>>
>>18085506
this anon is right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6Kbf-ocWk
>>
>>18085332
>spirit
>completely different logo
>any excuse to avoid using the Star of David
>>
>>18085332
the platonic solids are 6:

fire
air
water
earth
aether (your spirit/ light concept)
chaos (absence of aether/ light)
>>
>>18088955
>not using the flower of life as a symbol of spirit

i know we're talking about symbols but it's way more fitting
>>
>>18085706
Oh shit, this thread is still alive. OK then...

Yeah, I've read some too. Thing is when astral projecting/sleep paralysis/dreaming people see all kinds of things, and there are as many different accounts about it on the internet as there's sand on the beach.
From what I've searched, that fith element thingy is a direct reference to the belief that objects have soul as much as living being, though less complex. Many cults and religions believe that, mainly on the eastern traditions.

I very much like that train of thought and it brought me a great deal of spirit realizations and growth. Dig more through it, you won't regret.
>>
>>18089364
>6 platonic solids
No. The Platonic solids are regular polygons, and there are only five possible given how geometry works: Tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, icosahedron, and dodecahedron. These represented fire, earth, air, water, and ether, respectively.

Where are you getting chaos from?
>>
>>18089415
well the shapes are symbolic of the element they represent (fire is the most pointy, water is the one that rolls easier etc)

chaos is really absence of light so it wouldn't have a shape or a symbol. I don't remember actually but it makes sense since we got antimatter and black holes and stuff
>>
>>18089428
It sounds to me like you might be channeling Drunvalo Melchizedek. I read his stuff several years ago and although I don't remember it that well, I do remember having mixed feelings ranging between thinking he was a genius and a looney.

The problem with this in classic elementalism is that ether naturally includes both the light and the void as two sides of the same whole.

It is both the light that brings activity to all things as well as the pregnant void from whence we came and to which we return.
>>
>>18088955
Tbh, the sectacle/Jewstar/whatever is more fitting than the penta- simply because the Pagans didn't account for the material being in opposition to and complementary with the æthereal

Also, nice dubs
>>
>>18089769
Not him, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to the "Spirit Wheel" at the top of the pentagram, not the pentagram itself.
>>
>>18089823
Oh yeah man, the circled Algiz is dumb too
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.