[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/, I'm trying to get into magick and I'm just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: Pentacle_2.svg.png (9KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Pentacle_2.svg.png
9KB, 220x220px
So /x/, I'm trying to get into magick and I'm just wondering, is there any system of magick which imitates fictional magic (as in energy balls, beams, transmogrification, whatever)?
>>
>>18078531
No, there isn't, The closest thing to that is New Age, but you'll learn the same watching Naruto.
>>
>>18078537
Okay, then. Is there some way that other systems of magick can imitate that magic?
>>
There's no such thing as magic
>>
>>18078540
If it comes to that i don't think systems are relevant, but i'd look into eastern teachings, they pay more attention to "energy" and they have very complex systems to manage the topic (like the chakra/nadi system).
>>
>>18078540
>Is there some way that other systems of magick can imitate that magic?

Nope.
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 640x480px
The God of the Christians can do anything.
>>
>>18078555
Okay, then. Can I summon anything to give me magic like that?
>>
>>18078635
Summoning doesn't work that way, you have to create something before summoning it. You can think it's a real being and create it through some dogmatic method over time or you can think of it as a tool and design it right away.

The thing is it won't turn your shit into gold, its uses are bound to your creativity.
>>
File: dpVdwqq.jpg (105KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
dpVdwqq.jpg
105KB, 500x733px
>>18078540
>>18078531

Don't listen to these dipshit debby downers.

You can create your own system w/ that shit once you start learning. I've read about real esoteric/magick things in fantasy/fiction novels which is interesting and makes sense.

A lot of fantasy writers dabble in occult so they pepper in lessons and random facts. They can explain things radically different and better than some old texts.

I use a thought / spell / intention process that utilizes a 'thought palace" "mind room" -
>>
>>18078651
Huh, okay. Is transformation possible? Physical I mean. Also, how do you learn to do magick like that?
>>
>>18078651
They already told him systems have close to nothing to do with this, and that he should look into eastern styles since they're more related to energy working.

He's not looking for mental gimmicks, he wants to do transmogrification and shoot lasers.
>>
>>18078531
You cannot break the laws of physics, no. What magic that works does so within the confines of reality. We may nor have a naturalistic explanation for it, but that is not to say that there isn't one. If one isn't possible then whatever you are attempting is not possible.
>>
>>18078676

Your life is a mental gimmick
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 499x499px
>>18078697

You sound like a faggot that's lost.
>>
>>18078710
My life is not a mental gimmick as long as i'm aware of my instincts and how/why they work.

Being pretentious and edgy won't prove you right, next time explain yourself better.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>18078714
Doo dah, doo dah.
>>
>>18078635

Nope.

>>18078649
>Summoning doesn't work that way, you have to create something before summoning it.

This too is incorrect.

>>18078710
>Your life is a mental gimmick

Yep.

>>18078729
>My life is not a mental gimmick as long as i'm aware of my instincts and how/why they work.

No, it is something of a gimmick. You don't experience the world directly. You experience a model of the world that exists in your head. To some extent, you can manipulate that model.
>>
You OP and shieet
Look,aint some mambo jambo nigger or some extandionary gentleman in suit that licks satans dick,if you are some fucking foory shoodo and you wanna get your fursona real then learn some asatru and pagan shiieeet then ask certain deity with your prayers for da blessing of certain animal.Depends which entity pantgeon yo will choose,between slav n clet n nord cults.

Can this shit five you fur?I dunno.But since a freind of mine did this as i said to her,she prayed for tha her avian fursona and shit nigger it happened.She got darker hair,her face was longer,she got slim as fuck and tha look in her eyes.Man she was like a raven for muh.
>>
>>18078531
you should look into high magick (the only way I found energy related stuff w/o entering the whole reiki/new age bullshit). also, making an energy ball is one thing, throwing it will be another pair of hand; but once you know the basics, there is no better ways to defend against spirit and entity, as well as knowing if your circle are done the right way (just so much energy around that you literally feel it flowing around)
>>
File: snow on lake.gif (810KB, 498x249px) Image search: [Google]
snow on lake.gif
810KB, 498x249px
>>18078651
do you have any recommended reading? i've come to a similar conclusion - that the best magick comes from fairy tales, more or less

shadowlands by peter straub had a big impact on me; also the simkin character in the darksword series is an excellent (to me at least) embodiment of magic. overall though there's too much to list . . . immersion in fiction works wonders

your method sounds reminiscent of the medthod of loci. i've had good experiences with that sort of thing as well
>>
Is OP wolf-boy from normie-book? Man, that guy was hilarious
>>
>>18078531
>, is there any system of magick which imitates fictional magic

>fictional magic
>fictional
>magic

lol
>>
Why you link me here Billy brujo
>>
>>18078837
Don't forget programing it with intentions such as burn singularitise dissolve etc
>>18078838
Best magic comes from using your imagination and quick access to pull data from the subconcious hell u can use moves/comboes from vidyo game
>>
Try marbas. But write a good contact.
>>
OP is a meme
>>
File: whale.gif (779KB, 340x192px) Image search: [Google]
whale.gif
779KB, 340x192px
>>18079474
Spotted Billy
>>
marbas please!!!
>>
Not as such. You can get closer than most paradigms would have you believe, but you have to cut the movie FX budget right out, and it doesn't work the way you assume it will, but go chasing it and you'll find it.
I mean, delve it deep enough, and it gets really sobering, in a very scary way.
The best way to go about it, is to Try this shit. You'll fail, but if you pay attention to what it Did do, you can follow that, then follow that, and so on, till you start being very careful with what you even Think.
Follow it. You'll get there. good luck.
>>
You only get the good stuff when you die. You'd have to put sigil on the wall and kill yourself making sure your soul leaves before your body hits the floor. Some poke themselves a few times before to avoid a mistake.
>>
>>18080580
How do we know it's him?
>>
>>18078559
Which is a symbol made as a foci. A format to pass energy through to imbue a moment with a type of reaction. He is depicted as a sufferer, a martyr who takes on the wounds both spiritual and physical for mankind. And in passing spells (prayer) through this symbol it provides an out. A better chance of the magic working, like all magic.
>>
>>18080557
if he can get at that point in less than six month, he would have surprised me. didn't want to tell him too much about more advance technique, maybe op should learn how to shape it first, starting from creating geometric form (pyramid, cube, a perfect sphere, etc.) and then trying to create more complex creations (a representation of someone, an animal, something that need details). at this point then, op should be able to create a weapon out of his life force
>>
>>18078531
Do not invest yourself in symbols that mean little to nothing to you. Find what is most common in your thoughts and familiar to you as your symbols when attempting magic. We are symbolic creatures, and what is the physical if not just energy to represent thought that has no form?
>>
>>18078837
Best use against spiritual aggressors is symbolism. Use of a focus such as anything that represents protection, holy, or your concept of righteous used to rebuke such an entity. Doubt it has to be religious but it's the one I know works. Other means helped ward off assault of the mind and body. Use of symbolism, creating a labyrinth of your mind that only you know. A form of a guardian/s to protect the halls, and confront and ward off the spirit. Symbolism of confinement is temporary, so do so only in knowledge that it is limited. To rebuke an aggressor takes willpower. And we all have it, we just have to invest the faith in ourselves, and the power we hold sway over if we take the time to be honest.
>>
>>18080970
sure, learning to protect oneself through shield and mindroom is great(or labyrinth in your case, never actually tought about it myself, good thing cuz I would lost myself in it :S).

but when an entity start getting aggressive, a good defense is not enough, at that moment throwing a ball could be effective, but sharp energy blade and his severed spirit arm are far more effective to keeping him off. sorry if not the pacific kind with entity bugging me
>>
>>18078559
He's the only one I pray to when I do my magic. God has everything so he asks for nothing but all that you are and he has your best self's best interest in mind. If it is God's will, let it be done.
>>
>>18078531
What you are describing is a sort of holy grail for modern magicians. Its easy enough for us to experience these thing is a subjective sort a way, but the more you try and impose it permanently into objective reality the harder it gets.

You can do it in closed systems and small groups, but the world of shadows tends to evaporate when exposed to the light of day. It takes a lifetime to manage even a tiny amount of what you are asking.

I don't think it means we shouldnt keep trying.
>>
you all believe in magic?
>>
File: Lava_Spike.jpg (41KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lava_Spike.jpg
41KB, 223x310px
>>18078531
If you want to get into magic, I would suggest getting cheap easy to run modern deck like RDW. Pic is related.
>>
>>18078531
That would be the field of applied engineering. Theoretically at some point, the only experimental apparatus you require is your body, and the environment you're in.

Your body can make a range of frequencies, both sonic, and electromagnetic. The rest is just good timing and accurate reflection of energy waves.

Supposedly there's like 5 teenagers in China that can walk through walls and move furniture around without physically touching it. I guess you could call that telekinesis. According to the rumors, they're under constant surveillance and are considered a state secret.

Like, they don't own their own bodies.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.