[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to try to Lucid dream but I'm too scare I will get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (19KB, 260x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 260x180px
I want to try to Lucid dream but I'm too scare I will get sleep paralysis and see weird shit. What should I do?
>>
I've found sleeping on my side/stomach helps. I get the whoosing sound and paralysis but no hallucinations so far.
>>
>>18076373
You are most likely to get it if you are afraid of it. Don't be afraid, it wouldn't kill you and at least you would know what is happening if it happened. If you can lucid dream in some other position than on your back, prefer the other.
>>
lol at people scared about having spooky dreams
>>
>>18076387
Laying on your back is the only way to do it right man. I sleep on my side or stomach to get a good rest, but for lucid dreaming anyone will tell you laying on your back is best.
>>
>>18076407

all depends on your dreaming habits in relation to masturbation
>>
>>18076407
it has no effect, at least not in my experience. if you have a higher libido it may influence WHAT you dream, but it doesn't help you to actually induce lucid dreaming

anyways because i know that this will be asked:

inducing sleep paralysis/lucid dreaming is easy really:

> go to sleep normally
> set up alarm that will wake you in 3-4 hours
> sleep for 3-4 hours
> wake up cause of alarm
> spend 30-45 awake on you phone or whatever
> lay on back try to fall asleep
> get sleep paralysis/lucid dreaming

works always for me, sometimes i don't even have to lay on my back as it happens involuntarily, which sucks to be honest. when you purposefully try to induce lucid dreaming. at least you are somehow prepared.

i've had a couple of awesome lucid dreams (which i could not control but were beyond lifelike and felt so real) but mostly i have horrible nightmares. i'd say that there's like a 5% chance that i will not have a terrifying hallucination so i just don't even try anymore. i've gotten so used to it that i wake myself up just before i get paralyzed when i happens randomly a couple of nights a month.
>>
>>18076395
I can only go lucid when sleeping on my front, im fact every time i do i go at least semi lucid

When on my back i struggle to even sleep normally

Have lucid dreams and astral stories if anyone interested?
>>
>>18076373
It's all in your head. As long as you remain calm, you should be okay, even when the hallucinations hit.

As a last result, you can always try blinking fast and attempt to move your fingers if you want to get out of sleep paralysis.

>>18076387
>>18076410
I am also one of the stomach sleepers. Going by the lying still technique, you can enter a lucid dream with a bit of effort in any position, I'd say.
>>
>>18076373
Grow a spine and push through it. The greatest experiences and rewards require effort not finding the easiest shortcuts.
>>
>>18076387
This. I've only ever gotten paralysis while on my back or side and only gotten a paranormal "episode" while on my back but sleeping face down is perfectly safe.
>>
>>18076373
Got into LD and SP a few years ago.
Have had some awesome experiences but got bored after a while.
Almost exactly a yer after i stopped i started to have these extreamly difficult SP that i cannot control.
SP never scared me before because i know what is going on but now its fucking horrible. Its like my brain makes me scared noo matter what.
Im so tired of this shit happening almost every night.
If im really tired a short sleep paralysis can kick in even while im walking.
Not sure how to deal with this. Im so tired...
>>
>>18076373
I have experienced sleep paralysis most of my life but lately it has changed, now when I "wake up" and am still paralyzed I lose the ability to see, I go fucking blind and have trouble breathing, it usually lasts up to a minute after I "come to" but its been terrifying, anyone else experience loss of vision?
>>
>>18076373
You're doing it wrong, sleep paralysis is used as a trampoline to achieve disembodiment (a type of lucid dreaming). If you're trying to achieve average lucid dreaming you don't need to do anything before sleeping, so no risk of forcing a paralysis.
>>
>>18078462
Use an anchor with any object, sleep paralysis is a physiological phenomenon but most of its effects are psychological. Use that object to sooth the trip for some seconds until you get out, you're so affected for the situation you won't need any preparations for the anchor to work, reading this post should do the trick.
>>
>>18076373
are you sp00ked by ur own subconcious anon?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.