[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I have no experience with ceremonial magick but I bought a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

so I have no experience with ceremonial magick but I bought a copy of the Lesser Key of Solomon last year and I' ve thought of trying the rituals in it for shits and giggles. Is this stuff legit /x/... like, should I be worried about being killed by a Goetic demon, or is it all just BS? Or what? Any way I can prepare?

PS I have a copy of the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Will anything in there help me if I encounter forces beyond my control?
>>
>>18058085
If you don't have any magical experience these rituals will probably just be BS for you. It's the equivalent of copying sections from an advanced programming manual into a text file and expecting them to affect your computer.
>>
File: 1471899147207.jpg (19KB, 501x485px) Image search: [Google]
1471899147207.jpg
19KB, 501x485px
>>18058176
>It's the equivalent of copying sections from an advanced programming manual into a text file and expecting them to affect your computer.
That's the best metaphor I've heard in like three months.

>>18058085
Mantras that could help probably aren't in the funerary rites.

You have to fuck up really really really bad to get reprisals from these things. They're not even demons, they're various misc. spirits that got compiled and recompiled in a Christian era.

Go look up Poke Runyon's lecture(s) on YT. Ignore the hokey fuckin' oration. Dude's pretty well a moron outside of his expertise, but the basic rundown he gives is the Agrippan format for control. Can't recall if he recommends any given banishing rite.

He's the guy who introduced (reintroduced?) the black mirror in place of the smoking brazier.
>>
File: 1410052636296.jpg (88KB, 576x444px) Image search: [Google]
1410052636296.jpg
88KB, 576x444px
>>
Why would anyone believe it's legit?
>>
>>18058085
yes, goetia works. bardo thodol is a way to prepare oneself for passing through the afterlife, as it can be sketch af yo. helps a lot with ethics, dreamwork, astral work, willpower. good stuff. do what thou wilt, know thyself, nothing is true, ia ia azathoth fthagn, hail satan, namaste.
>>
>>18058210
analogy* not metaphor, for your future reference
>>
>>18058085
the example invocations in the lesser key really should never be used verbatim. these things aren't evil demons that you should yell at and berate and force to do your bidding, they're spirits that were worshiped as gods in pre-christian times and should be treated with respect and wariness until they show hostility, then you force them into the triangle. other than that, the only other thing to keep in mind is that this shit will only work if you have a true and desperate need for the spirits' powers. you can't just summon one for practice just to say hi. I think it's good to read up about this stuff, but do NOT actually try to summon anything unless you really do need something from them.
>>
>>18058176
>>18058210
>It's the equivalent of copying sections from an advanced programming manual into a text file and expecting them to affect your computer.

From my experience: even a badly conducted rituals DO produce some effect if done with utmost honesty & sincerity.

The difference between experienced "Magician" and greenhorn is to notice the subtle effects that may come thereof.

Looking strictly at guys like Crowley and his biography, if you would inquire simple question like "Did the ritual work?" Crowley probably would answer "Sort of, but the results were not what quite expected"

They are never absolute, 100% success.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.