[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ttg/ - Time Travel general. Discuss Time Travel theories/stories/experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (227KB, 2434x1315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 2434x1315px
/ttg/ - Time Travel general.

Discuss Time Travel theories/stories/experiences here.

Is it possible? If it was wouldn't a traveler have already come to our time, and we'd know about it?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 867x6091px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 867x6091px
>>18046810
Greetings from /pol/
>>
>>18046810
>If it was wouldn't a traveler have already come to our time, and we'd know about it?
Depends if causality is moot or not. If time travel works on causal grounds, time travel would be evident from any point in time due to the nature of causality.

If it were something more like the many worlds interpretation, people like John Titor may have some claim to time travel, although surely they would know that their predictions would ring false (unless they were unaware of their form of time travel).
>>
>>18046819
Who's John Titor?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 449x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 449x523px
>>18046810
You're a time Traveller!!

>Yes, I am!!

Could you tell me all about your adventures through history, mr. Time Traveller?

>"Of course, sure thing, but first could we play a game?"

YES!! I love games!!

>"Ok, are you good at counting? I want you to count the flowers in that bed behind you, Ok?, so turn around, count them, and don't turn back around until you're done, OK honey?"

Sure thing!!

*Pulls out revolver concealed in jacket*

1!!

>"I'm so, so sorry"

2!!

>"I don't know what went so wrong in your life that turned you from this into what you are now."

3!!

>"There's no other way"

4!!

>"March 2018 needs to be prevented"

5!!

>"I think if you could see into your future, you'd want this"

6!!

>"I think you'd beg for this"

7!!

>"Things didn't have to be this way"

8!!, There's 8!! All done mister!!

>"Hillary, please don't turn around, this'll be over soon"

M-mister, I'm scared

>"I know, I am too."

*A single tear runs down his cheek as he aims the gun at the girls back*

>"I'm sorry you didn't grow up to be the good woman you always wanted to be."

I don't like this game.....

*A single shot rings throughout the neighbourhood. The girls body hits the ground with a tragically light thud. The stranger disappears with a flash of light back to his own time. Mr. Rodham leaves the house in horror to find his young daughter murdered, lying in a bed of blood soaked lillies. Many detectives worked tirelessly to find her killer, but he was never found, what was once a tragic incident that marked that small suburban town for the longest of times, became forgotten, and Little Hillary Diane Rodham along with all her hopes and dreams of becoming a nurse and helping others, like everyone else, became lost to the annals of history*
>>
File: Ayf73FI.png (40KB, 1065x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Ayf73FI.png
40KB, 1065x1220px
>>18046812
Stop this meme.

>>18046829
he was a hoax that was made up by some smart guys that didn't exactly understand that mixing causality and MWI would result in a failure of time travel theory.
>>
>>18046837
So literally everything he said has not come true.
>>
>>18046857
yeah pretty much. The hoax was very interesting from the standpoint of somebody who believes in multiple timelines, but even then there are still holes in the story, as Titor was unaware of many things he should have known.
>>
>>18046810
>Is it possible?
Into the future? Yes.
Into the past? No.
>>
>>18046977
>>18046812
Exactly, to quote Anne hathaways character in interstellar.

Time, can stretch, time can compress, but it sure as hell cant run backwards.
>>
File: animoot_ssss.gif (951KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_ssss.gif
951KB, 500x282px
Just remember that if you hop in your time machine, and think "I'll punch in the coordinates to the universe where I show up in a time machine," then the place you go to is NOT the same universe as the one where you never arrived in a time machine after punching in those coordinates.

This one confuses a lot of noobies. They don't understand that a universe of infinite possibilities means a universe of infinite possibilities. So be *really* specific in what you think you mean, when you set your coordinates.
>>
>>18047014
Explain, I'm not too sure I understand what you're saying (time travel is confusing)
>>
File: animoot_t.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_t.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>18047031
Okay. Let's make two assumptions.

Assumption 1) Outside of all the galaxies and supergalaxies we know of is pure darkness. We don't see anything. This cluster of supergalaxies is called a "universe." Let us temporarily go out on a limb, and wonder what would it be like if outside this universe, so far that practically no light ever makes it there (at least that we can see) there were an infinite number of universes. Maybe even with different laws of physics. Who knows?

Assumption 2) Anyways. Suppose you had a craft that traveled infinitely fast. Like, it didn't even need to get going, it just instantly *boom* from here to there. It was so fast that you can't even see it *hint hint*. Anyways. Suppose you had this infinite velocity vehicle. It would be the only way to practically visit other universes, but how would you drive it? How would you know when to stop?

Conclusion) Well, one way is to take a sample of the universe you're in, and then just change some values. While you're going so infinitely fast that you're visiting every universe, a gazillion times per second, set up a computer that goes "when such and such coordinates match, then stop." These crafts are called "time machines."

They don't really go into the past. Not really. Everyone knows that you can only go forward in time. What they do is, they go so fast, that they leave this universe entirely and go into another one, maybe like it. And if you hop in a time machine and think "HURR I'MA GO TO THE PAST," and you visit a universe in which you, in your time machine, hop out into broad daylight and start going "I'M FROM DA FUTURE, LOOK AT MEEEH' then from that point forward, you're not really in your past anymore. Because that never happened in your past.

That's why all these fucking amateur time travelers keep fucking up, and just splintering the timeline. They show up, make a prediction, and guess what. The act of making that prediction causes a chain of events that make it not occur. DERP.
>>
>>18047122
Another time autist here. You've got it pretty much correct from my understanding. It's like a quantum traverser, that is based on travelling through space to other universes. It is technically 'time travel' in a sense that you're travelling to a universe of the same quantum state that was in the past of your progenitor universe.

Only casual rules don't apply because you pretty much left your universe forever, so it's like a butterfly effect down your new universe's 'timeline'.
>>
I believe titor was real to be honest.
I think his action prevented some of the more human related events while his predictions of natural disasters still came true.

Also, A friend showed me a picture he found of a political rally in the 1960s with a man that looks exactly like me, down to the facial expression, body type, height, and clothing.
Im obviously just hopeful but Ive always been into time travel and believe it to exist, and hope that it really was me.
>>
Or when you try to hop into your past self, there is a shield of white light blocking you from altering the timeline in a way that violates the prime directive about interdimensional contact and freewill. Like trying to being a spoon with your mind, I think its gonna take an extra special understanding of reality to pull it off.
>>
>>18048739
It's not anything special. You just need to go through agents.

Consciousnesses block information signals. So as long as you never meet yourself in the past, it's legit. Just be careful when asking someone to hold the door for you. Really think about recursion, and what kind of feedback loops that creates.

If you hop in yourself, and just do everything the same way, then there's no problem. I mean, isn't that what memory is?

Thanks to paper and now computers, there's this popular theory that memory is a record, that's put into your brain. Is it though? What if the only record is the set of space/time coordinates your brain uses, to time travel back into the past, and observe itself? What would be the difference?

Is this why it's hard to memorize details, while recalling unrelated information? You have to blank your mind out, so that you don't notice your future self stepping into your body, to recall the information that you're memorizing in the past.

Or something.
>>
>>18048729

Picture or it didn't happen.
>>
People do time travel, but only the rich... for now.

When you go inside of a time traveling machine, there are gravity distortions on the inside of the machine.

It takes a very long time to power one up.

If you go back in time and kill your grandma, you will still exist. You, in that timeline wouldn't be born because of killing grandma.

Also, we currently have time machines, but they are hidden away and only for the rich.
>>
I want to return to the year 2011 as I was back then. I don't care if it's this timeline or an alternate, I just want a to-do. Is that at all possible?
>>
Call me crazy but could there be a way to time travel just by thought?
>>
>>18050195

Keep dreaming
>>
>>18047014
I remember seeing a video of Bashar explaining this with simple drawn pictures of Bashar meeting a younger self and it was the simplest explanation of this concept that I have seen. But now I can't find the video so if any of you find it I'd like a link to it.
>>
>>18050203
Yes. Those are called "memories".
>>
so what's all this about john trump and nikola tesla?

could somebody sum it up for me, pl0x?

sry
>>
>>18046810
Spoopy
John Connor
Jesus Christ
saved people :-o both fictional, one as a book one as a film.
>>
>>18050291
Wasn't John Connor cloned at some point or something? That series really hit the bottom of the barrel when it actually came to telling the story of the time war.
>>
>>18050300
They kept Jesus blood on a spear, maybe they cloned him? That's who the back to life one was? Spoopy
>>
>>18050300
Further more in judgement day they hide in the mountains and I'm sure all the Jews and Freemasons hid away from the wrath of God, spoopy machine wars in the past.
>>
>>18050268
So it is possible? do you remember 2048?
>>
>>18050329
You shouldn't we all die from a
Meteor in 2032, the clock was out. Fucking daylight saving time.
>>
What are ya'll thoughts on consciousness time travelling?
>>
File: 28r4td.jpg (25KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
28r4td.jpg
25KB, 280x350px
>>18046810
A while back I got an email from a random address with this picture attached. It said something along the lines of be very careful of this man. All of everything and anything could be lost in the year 2032. Please what ever you do don't underestimate what this man is capable of. Could the email I got really be from the future. If it is legit I have a feeling this dude and what ever organization he may be a part of assuming he's not a lone wolf are more than just normal terrorists. They could possibly be time travelers them selves.
I would of emailed him/her back to ask for more info but they were very clear that I should not contact that email.

I posted this here on /x/ some months back but it disappeared shortly after. I know I probably shouldn't be posting this publicly again and should just wait until new information comes to me if it ever does; but I'm very curious and very concerned.
>>
>>18050331
>>18050409
Spoopy
John Connor
>>
>>18050430
Teslas science was combined with Einsteins space time thoerum, the New York blackout, we now have constructed cern which effectively create this power without short wiring cities, please stay tuned.
>>
>>18050442
The blackout was used to lace the towers, signified in back to the future.
>>
>>18050409

You fucking idiot

https://www.google.nl/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZis4xlals_1H5vPugb9q2p88sSVgqKjUyR-Fx67u2LTu_16huN0ni2NMLC3TnNTqihEwWwa90WeDiZ6SGiNFoO7ZW6gHmH8S3EuBnMOULny2yChhmaLIDC21wQF8SE6YnWjQR7Wj78H2S8WEAtVkgI_1OXuQbj4rp9yjM3ohdkpcm9uMqojMvpTwOOjarD05FgrbbsnErHh_1J-VhUBfQvT2W-f6_1KN7izkxLdbhFhxPiE-HgKp9fuFQEZK7h2jHnkek4r2qfvSa6RUbPi5n-CElGVAd3ghneSJHlx18l-b_1W0eECYZVl0wWq31ZCF6ineOZssAcg0_1hQyHqTwoM8DadyliTIP8-Y7S64jrv0UQCISJk3-4yWrHaT0Dg5FvDyaqPY3Va9Ep5rHAkVLMBpfnv4PJPOEEGwbO_1mdz4hue9JOegbbW-FKpXEeETklB-7WOj20R29OJqk-nNYgWdQ6TcJ7JeeH8tBk65yKwY9lR8wQ9H4h2dJg4rsy6Rv0ws8098uSjSQSojP_1i0H3iJrtvcRKDF47VGhqnsc1dCPZtKqveATrGPUcuCyVjDtwrZV7kwOjJl6oDYjQSCB8vEFyoD6ZkQ8eMtQkb7NJyTeCQzE7rDTGTufQ1Mc9l3i3hK8fTpAU9eiNRLimvvTiag-3c-iFx1K6pW72GEYNIgl3iJdX-VxiM7jRQXh2X75QMj9-xV-hOW5BiEq6Ct04oOmp7o7dUzAQyOkxG_1WbDIw9jNyb6x7PbNRMA269nt9N5r9doZJtgZibackaRtIhBqcVwMbZxPenduQAe9-QhgDUEpxMJEM-jc7rXozQUhOUD33d8a0bIDhT3nD5o0Eqh58gQ1MjriueAk2KBd1Gr1ed-66PiZiwKHK5_1ZXsfransU7-rHm_1uTdIddZYiqyKSHJATeOpTW1m4ZvlFy3gp7Bj3krMLUr76959A5Jf3Ls2WniFBznqX_1aiOgKEb7ptjsyWy4rrer7FXO_1a-iyovvs83dK9TGszymU1k29WKBUiLkJ37JGhM4xOXMLUAYdEyDphaPu1bbuSgYsoxBbD-LQkVkpHnOPCF1XXz2At38Q5CfzW_1czR2Yn50bLNlpnhqfBp1TDAgQpjf1JM7Ui8RigaC555qcN5vifwA-M4KN8o32eqSXlwlMSYQoOKvpGfHRCo_1cmzWHQunWEehq0QBGEdAlvPTxDRLh0nxiTT71HxhqMiOzT34xWYxNHmWN6ZD8u_1ExPdoHDhnEjVfNGGRJKGz42DKAp9U11MwdfJv0exckoN2v_1yaOoirvN583Y-tbgBjBfHW3woqvONEcedhrBD-lX8HwfXLn0Uhg3qQKc1PJs4AV6ch5PoJb495OdqqZoSfWRbRN6A2b1t5cc8SJC276E44p5t-dOYPHfzAzPjuzUVv8fqAlC4LQlAuFEYPRsjIoFSZuwtg11xmZldm8Fe8DFI55pLIuVRI7SANfZCbNX2DhXoB_1K6tIfU6zQL5-FwXxul4MiIMm5ifABUDn29pQ0tQV6muFDY2yc8r1dUbglhjkGkhyecQofLAMPDPhPyoYnHvZA7v7mdThk7FBGHIr2UeYWB-KtzmN4fPWBiejhqYejNdkYPxj
>>
>>18050445
It's in all your films, you're just not linking them up.
>>
>>18050452
Http://www.space.com/23260-asteroid-2013-tv135-flyby-nasa.html didn't even know this, see you're doomed! I tried to do Jesus for you, but you're doomed!
>>
>>18050468
It doesn't matter about the Size, it's the oppurtunity it makes. Which is why they didn't tell Russia then took a stab at Ukraine.
>>
File: Alternate-timelines.png (239KB, 1262x1353px) Image search: [Google]
Alternate-timelines.png
239KB, 1262x1353px
The time machine works on a time reference. Exceed the reference parameters and the machine ceases to function properly. Our time reference here is the year 2016 and can extend outward from that as far as the machine can tolerate. Tolerances may vary depending on the machine.

Apparently our current time reference started around the time they got the means and thought of keeping records (which happened to be around the time christ was born and the names of everyone participating in society had to be written down)

Keeping logs enables us to review and revisit data which has been logged. This means the machine can retrace the convection of the intermodulars to arrive at a similar location as previous samples indicate.

The anthropologists go back in time to study previous modulars which are no longer accessible in comodern times.

Travelling geographically the destination, estimations to time variance coparameters are made. Some times are invariant, containing similar data as coparallel lines.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks of time travelling though dreams? state of being asleep, would this play a significant part in time travelling itself?
>>
>>18050759
No you are not some kind of special snowflake, you are just retarded.
>>
>>18050813
Okay thank-you for answering the first question but what are your thoughts on the second question?
>>
>>18050449
I am well aware of his past that he was arrested for rape off an old lady since I did my research on him. I don't see how that automatically discounts what the person who sent me the email is claiming. It's clear he's mentally unstable and dangerous so I'm really not surprised about his criminal record.
>>
>>18050864
Lies I was chased in a construction site to later be built in the precise same
Location 2 years
Later in the exact same layout. I remember because it was a nightmare and when you see things from your nightmares you don't forget.
>>
File: You're a fucking idiot.png (150KB, 639x545px) Image search: [Google]
You're a fucking idiot.png
150KB, 639x545px
>>18050409
>>
>>18051372
I already said in a previous message that I'm well aware of his criminal history since I did a reverse image search and researched him when I got the email. I don't see how that discounts what the person in the email said could possibly happen in 2032. For all we know prison could be were he recruits people for his organization. It's fine if you are skeptical but there's no reason to insult me.
>>
>>18046983
except, you're forgetting a few things.

Despite Magnetic wormholes technically not being able to "send" anything, Australian scientists, in 2009, mapped out a simulation, using the magnetic wormhole as a model that proposed we could successfully send a photon back in time through an Einstein-Rosen bridge and it would interact with it's past self.

of course, one singular instance of this phenomenon would result in maybe a few picoseconds back in time, but if repetitive instances are timed so that the photon circles through the wormhole at one rotation per femtosecond or something of the like, we may be able to perfectly engineer a system of determining when electromagnetic waves get sent back in time, thus allowing us to send information back in time via simple amplitude modulation.

Essentially, we wouldn't be able to send a visitor back in time, but we could theoretically shitpost on 4chan back in time.
>>
>>18048869
>but they are hidden away only for the rich
And how do you know that?
>>
>>18052620
I spoke with a spirit.
>>
>>18046834
Bruh
>>
T/S wall has been created in the future but there's nothing plausible yet. Once tachyons are more widely observed in scientific study and research you'll know when we're close.

That said, when the breach is made there's a new illness. Chrono-dislocation. Tachyons gather, shit gets shifted and moved with them. It's gross and can be blamed for a few unexplained missing persons. As of now, that's the only time travel outside of government funded missions.

History is set in stone. You try and do it but you're stopped. I rambled about this on /pol/ before, but anyone who tries stops and comes back. Can't explain why.

Dude went to snipe Hitler, make it look like an accident during WW1. Couldn't do it. Came back and put a gun in his mouth.

Can't change, just observe.
>>
>>18046810
The problem with this is that any time traveler visiting us from the future who'd try making successful predictions may not take into account that his presence might affect those future events and even prevent them.

Even those who make accurate predictions would just be dismissed outright.

There's also the question of whether any time traveler with authorized access to time travel equipment would find any use in coming over and predicting our future.
>>
>>18046834
Careful you don't cut yourself on those edges, kid. Nothin' personnel.
>>
>>18046868
At least we got Steins;Gate out of it.
>>
>>18052641
Let me guess, the spirit that only you can see and which talks to you when you're alone, sometimes telling you to do awful things to people and animals.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (23KB, 522x391px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
23KB, 522x391px
>>18052830
>As it is said, “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”
>>
>>18052839
I'll take that as a yes. Get help.
>>
File: image.jpg (358KB, 1600x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358KB, 1600x672px
>>18046834
*The stranger felt his insides churn as he's transported back to 2018. There's a flash of light and he finds himself in the alley where he first set off on his mission. A faint smell of sulfur hangs in the air, he takes the device off his arm and places it into the lining of his jacket along with his gun. He leaves the alley and takes a look around. His mission was successful, there were thankfully buildings where the craters once were. The city of Washington was clean and the air felt fresher than what he was used to.

The city was bustling with people going about their daily routine. Kids played, friends laughed, lovers exchanged tender moments. The place seemed "lighter" in more ways than one. He crossed the street and entered a bar, it was empty, which was to be expected given the time of day. He approached the bar. When the bartender saw him he stopped polishing the wood surface, stood up straight, clicked his heels together and saluted:

"HAIL TRUMP!!"

The traveller smiles, feeling exhausted due to his time-lag he half-heartedly salutes "hail Trump."

"So, what'll it be, friend?"

>"Just a bourbon, thanks."

*The tender pours a tall glass*

"Rough day, friend?"

>"Eh, it could be worse."

*While drinking his well-deserved beverage, the traveller looks at the old black and white Polaroid of his victim*

"Is that your girl?" Asks the bartender.

>"no, she's not."

"Is she your niece or somthin'"

>"No, she's just a little girl who had big dreams, a long time ago."

"And did she ever live these dreams of hers."

*He sighs*

>"No, I'm afraid not."

"Well, it's never too late, this is Trump's America we're living in after all, now that all the illegals are gone and the damn Muslims have been wiped out, anything is possible for the ambitious mind."

*Traveller smiles*

>"What a time to be alive."

*He crumples the picture and leaves the bar.*
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.