[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So just two days ago I went into my backyard and noticed a large

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (24KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 259x194px
So just two days ago I went into my backyard and noticed a large circle of mushrooms
I was curious and went back inside to google what these were called
Called
Turns out they're called fairy rings and their some kind of portal or something
So me being the superstitious Fuck I am I got two small bows one with honey and one with milk and left it at the edge of the circle
Now this was two days ago but just last night I was sitting downstairs at around 11 studying when I heard a small knock on what sounded like glass
I stop everything and listen, about 5 seconds later I hear another knock, I go to my door (which has a glass panel) to check out if someone is there and a loud bang is hit on glass.
I bolt upstairs and grab my gun and then run back down, open the door and nothing is there.
Now I'm pretty spooked and I'm not sure if what happened has anything to do with the fairy circle
TLDR; a fairy circle grew in my backyard and now there's knocking on my door
>>
it's just the natural habitat of certain fungus species you autism lord
>>
>>18043302
Put it inside the circle next time.

Also, either small animal or mischievous little boggart fairy
>>
>>18043302
Your first mistake was opening the door.
>>
File: boszorkánykör 4.jpg (913KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
boszorkánykör 4.jpg
913KB, 1000x750px
>>18043302
>So just two days ago I went into my backyard and noticed a large circle of mushrooms
You are lying asshole this picture is from Hungarian website that was posted on Thursday,25.October.2012 , not two days ago you fucker, it was 4 years ago.

Here it is that Hungarian web site translated to English with this picture in it:
http://hullo-eso.blogspot.com/2012/10/boszorkanykor-tundergyuru.html

And I attached large format of your picture so others can see it better.
On that Hungarian site scroll down and the 6-th picture is the one you are claiming that is from 2 days ago from your backyard.

Fuck Off.

If you like to introduce thread on this topic don't fucking lie,just tell it like it is you fucking idiot
>>
>>18043361
I bet you're a blast at parties.
>>
>>18043302
Its actually just a circle of mushrooms. There wasn't a lot to do in olden times,so whenever they would see something even slightly odd they'd make up a retarded story about how its made of magic. Kind of like this board, now that I think of it.
>>
>>18043302
fairly common fungal growth, they're just rooted in old folklore from britain etc.

>>18043361
The file name was image.jpg, that should tell you enough. he probably saved it from a phone as a quick representation, he never even claimed that it was pic related. please contain your autism.
>>
>>18043364
yes I'm fucking nuclear
>>
>>18043361
Congratulations, you've unfoiled the greatest plot created by 13 year old minds in history. How do you feel, son?
>>
>>18043361
but OP never ever said the pic was his, maybe it's just pic related.
>>
>>18043369
>he never even claimed that it was pic related.
in that case if you post picture that is not related to your claim you post this disclaimer: "picture not related" you fucking autist moron
>>
>>18043372
>How do you feel, son?
proud like fuck
>>
>>18043361
OP Here, yeah the pic is not related, I just googled fairy circle to get a quick image to give you guys and idea, please don't freak out.
>>
OP has another thread on /x/ that is very iffy
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (3KB, 382x48px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
3KB, 382x48px
>>18043361
OP pic is actually dated 2007, if you're gonna' go full detective on an innocuous post at least get your facts straight you spiteful little runt.
>>
>>18043382
don't believe you.
like what, you don't have camera to take your own picture
it's not a big deal just pointing that you are faking shit just to create threads.

this is interesting topic and you should just introduce it as such with out making yourself centre of attention like a little girl
>>
>>18043384
makes no fucking difference Sherlock.
point is that OP's picture is not from 2 days ago
>>
>>18043361
this is reddit-tier posting, congratulations anon
go back to /r/karmadetectives
>>
>>18043302
>TLDR; a fairy circle grew in my backyard and now there's knocking on my door
>>18043374
>>
>>18043391
why don't you introduce it yourself then?
>>
>>18043391
>this is an interesting topic so let me derail it because I didn't actually read the OP
these are some tasty replies
>>
File: 1471494972771s.jpg (49KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1471494972771s.jpg
49KB, 800x598px
>>18043302
>I stop everything and listen, about 5 seconds later I hear another knock, I go to my door (which has a glass panel) to check out if someone is there and a loud bang is hit on glass.
>I bolt upstairs and grab my gun and then run back down, open the door and nothing is there.
>Now I'm pretty spooked and I'm not sure if what happened has anything to do with the fairy circle
OP did you noticed if was maybe grey and run very fast you know like bolting.
>>18037776

Fucking scared. Big grey thing and fast.Okay I am literally shaking right now.
and I saw a grey creature and as soon as I saw it, it bolted.
>>
>>18043302
OP here you go fucker
bolt it >>18043424
mystery solved
>>
File: I AM DINOSAUR MAN.jpg (36KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
I AM DINOSAUR MAN.jpg
36KB, 500x580px
>>18043424
did it look like this? I saw this creature out of the corner of my eye yesterday and bolted into my mom's bedroom and under the duvet. But the next morning I went to look at where i had seen the creature, and there in the exact spot was a mirror, which could mean only one thing; the monster was inside the mirror realm
>>
>>18043376
Literally the only person in this thread who assumed that this was a pic from OP's back yard
>>
Educate yourself on fungus you git.

/x/ has really gone downhill the past 2-3 years. At least come up with a more interesting, mysterious topic.

This is the same tier as making a thread about spontaneous generation.
>Lol there was some rotten food and then POOF! Roaches suddenly appeared! Must mean that rotten food creates roaches, they just spring forth from it without a life cycle!

Try harder next time.
>>
>>18043489
good points anon
agreed
>>
>>18043489
The fairy thread we had around a fortnight ago was one of the most interesting we had for a while, don't attack OP for this. Although I will say there isn't much to say on
>oh hay guise there is fairy ring
considering they are quite common.

I suppose we could talk about general fae superstition etc.?
>>
File: lubber kin.png (1MB, 588x821px) Image search: [Google]
lubber kin.png
1MB, 588x821px
>>18043504
Agreed, I have nothing against fae lore or speculation on things like them, pixies, lubber kin etc.

Does anyone have a purely good encounter with faeries? Every account I've heard has a bittersweet monkey-paw esq interaction. Or outright malicious.
>>
>>18043371
you people are the definition of butthurt
>>
>>18043552
and you are the definition of pile of shit
>>
>>18043521
From what I understand (being a britbong myself) faeries and their english derivatives are sort of a trickster archetype, therein lying the monkey-paw parallel.
>>
>>18043568
Are their motivations purely for self amusement and antagonizing [like some poltergeist], or do they have a deeper goal and overall...morality?
>>
>>18043489
This board has always sucked. The quality merely further erodes itself every year.
>>
>>18043556
care to elaborate on that? wanna say that to me over email? over twitter? over discord? dont be intimidated now. you might just find out you've been lied to all along :)
>>
>>18043587
nothing to elaborate about pile of shit.
it's shit you know, usually brown in color and it stinks, just like you and your comments
>>
>>18043592
there's PLENTY to elaborate on. you think i dont know you people arent aware of everything i post on here? the little jew boy you worship isnt the sad little lost lamb you think he is.
>>
>>18043578
I guess they exist to teach a lesson, much like most fables do. Depends where you source it I guess. For instance, most stories that tell of morality and teaching a sense of 'goodness' are called 'Fairy tales'. Of course the term folktale preceeds this by a long margin, but the etymology does matter.

Fairy tales often involve magic and some form of supernatural creature, which of course stem from fairies. There are definitely tales of fae folk teaching lessons to greedy woodsmen and rude children etc., though I honestly can't recall any that are down right 'evil' in their respective stories. Then again this isn't exactly my field.
>>
>>18043601
also if you don't want me to roast you then don't fuck with me. its as simple as that. if you think im a problem then dont fucking speak to me. you fucking idiots.
>>
>>18043302
you didn't mix the milk and honey? Do you want to be cursed?
>>
>>18043685
>also if you don't want me to roast you then don't fuck with me.
I fuck with you as much as I wish.
you are insignificant pile of shit so accept that and become silent.

you are butt hurt because I ripped a new one for you. lol
>>
>>18043707
>become silent.

i will never become silent.
>>
>>18043724
that's quite possible
the idiots always rattle the loudest
so keep rattling flakie boy
>>
>>18043736
and thats what scares you the most
>>
File: Brian_Faeries_57.jpg (54KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Faeries_57.jpg
54KB, 426x600px
So basically... we're NOT getting pics of OP's actual fairy circle?

OP, was the honey and milk gone?

I say maintain skepticism, but keep trying to get in touch with them anyway. But I have a habit of curiosity.
>>
>>18043620
Due to their ties to nature, are fae folk in myths and modern anecdotes tied solely to wooded and the rural areas?
>>
BUT WHAT THE FUCK DOES THE KNOCKING ON MY GLASS MEAN
>>
>>18043302

>>18044128
>BUT WHAT THE FUCK DOES THE KNOCKING ON MY GLASS MEAN

OP you know that you posted bullshit thread.
AND NOW YOU BEGGING FOR RESPONSES.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAKE THREAD YOU FUCKING GAY FLAKE
>>
>>18044653
you're screaming at the wrong dude i didnt even make this thread. maybe i gave you guys too much credit. youre all as paranoid as i am.
>>
No shit, this stuff is intriguing as fuck. I had one grow in my backyard between a triad of cherry, oak, and walnut trees. It was just a random circle of mushrooms too!

I already knew the story so I went out and sat in the middle, wondering if anything would happen. Nothing did so I shook it off but kept wary.

I would go out once in a while and talk to the circle, this went on for about two weeks. Then one day my dad told me he was going out to mow the lawn the next. I go out that afternoon and tell the circle that my dad was about to mow the lawn so if anyone was there, they should probably move.

I shit you FUCKING not, the next goddamn morning EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MUSHROOM WAS GONE!

Not knocked over. Not eaten, Not wilted. JUST GONE. I was blown the fuck away. My dad went out and mowed the lawn like it was nothing and I never saw the circle reappear.
>>
>>18044653
I AM ALL CAPS TYPING BUTTHURT FAGGOT BLABCIAHHFAFHAFJAF
>>
>>18044770
stop sucking on my anus all the time fag

I was replying to a post posted in CAPS you shit brain>>18044128
>>
>>18044794
WOW OK MY BAD BRO IT WAS JUST A PRANK HAHALMFAO!!
>>
>>18044808
cool anon,no prob
>>
Guys calm down, That's just the way certain fungus species grow due to surrounding conditions.
>>
>>18043361
This is how "shilling" happens. Proponents of mystical bullcrap or poltards will make disingenuous posts to give an hair of naive/inquisitive authenticity when they really want to promote their views.

Assuming that others are doing what they are doing, they imagine conspiracies. Conspiratardism, "the jews" etc is just a reflection of the autists who post about it.
>>
Y'all are a bunch of dumbasses, Op posts an example of what he saw and you go off on a tangent about how his example pic wasn't his rather than participating in discussion.
>>
>>18043302
Just walk into it with a Dramen staff and it will teleport you to the fairy world
>>
>>18043302

If you fall asleep inside the circle, a cute pixie girl will descend and deflower you.
>>
>>18044836

This is true. He even said he searched Google.
>>
>>18044836
>>18044879
this is OP talking to himself
what a shit head looser.hahaha
>>
>>18044653
>FLAKE

hoo boy now this labels gonna get thrown at me? i aint special bitch. dunno why youd think that. i never had a tumblr either. unlike your oh so precious job which is hosted on one. you fucking dumbass hypocrit bitch.
>>
>>18044750
Considering mushrooms don't have roots, it's entirely possible they got eaten but it depends on what kind of mushroom they were,but i still wanna believe cause fairy circles are neat
>>
nigga, you got sum faeries
>>
>>18043302
>leave milk and honey out for the fairies
>be surprised when they come back for more
fucking idjit
>>
>>18043302
The scilia are all connected underground so what you are looking at is one big mushroom technically, also if you can eat all of them without getting a tummy ache you get free creed tickets.
>>
>>18043302
OP is a flakie flake
very delicate individual
>>
>>18043504
Link? It can be retrieved from archives.
>>
this is so boring
>>
>>18045144
someone doesnt want to work with me or be my friend or let me bully them they must be a flakie flake ;_;
>>
>>18043302
Its A species called the faerie ring mushroom. and actually, plenty of mushroom species tend to grow in a circular fashion.
>>
>>18043579
>This board has always sucked. The quality merely further erodes itself every year.
Yeah
I propose as many /x/ posts as possible should be written in Victorian style. At least flaming would be more entertaining.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GfXRhRAqrQ

I uploaded this video 8 years ago.
>>
it was probably a nigger, OP, nothing to be scared of
>>
>>18043365
oh, you're no fun.
>>
>>18043399
Someone didnt get their nappy
>>
Wow, this is the dumbest thread I've seen on here in a while. Two autistic people having a shouting match about stuff no one is talking about. Three people trying to all be OP, which almost makes me miss the tripfag days. And no one is even bothering to humor, inform, or talk about paranormal stuff with OP, even if he is somehow trying to make a shitpost.

>>18043302
OP, mushrooms grow like that naturally. It's how they spread their spores. They're all part of the same organism and mushrooms sprout on the outside of the root system to maximize the distance they spread their spores. Do some googling if you want, it's an interesting topic.

That being said, I have no way of proving that fairy rings don't actually act as portals to fairies, or weather or not fairies real at all.

So we'll go on the assumption that they do real very well and that that's a portal to their realm or whatever, just as folklore suggests. You made an offering to fae, of honey and milk. Anons saying you have to mix these things are probably fucking with you because I don't remember ever hearing anything saying you MUST mix it. I also hear bread, with honey drizzled works fine, as does cake, and even oats and piles of flour. Maybe fairies snort it, I don't know.

So we'll assume was a fairy or some kind of fae knocking on your door. You invited the fae by leaving an offering, they wanted to get back in touch with you, maybe to thank you, give you a wish, play a joke, or curse you because they're racist and fuck humans. Who knows. Fact is you let them knock over and over and didn't answer the door so it knocked louder. That's why there was a loud bang. It might have just assumed you couldn't hear it. Lucky it didn't break the window to tell you thanks for the lunch. Fairy do dumb shit like that, according to folklore.
>>
its literally just a group of faggots trying to bait one specific person into posting here so they can bully him because they are butthurt morons.
>>
>>18043928
Fays are deeply linked to what people perceived them expect. Modern urban sightings are identified with grays, aliens, UFOs, and their friends.

Technical explanation, fays, whatever they are, have the natural ability to read our memory and project an illusion based on it.

>>18043620
Reading your post I got the idea that one of the common themes in fay stories, "you *will* be in a world of hurt if you violate their unfathomable inhuman taboos, could be weird on purpose, from a morality sense; the point of such moral stories would be that taboos must be respected, no matter if you understand them or not.

It's difficult to draw hard lines between folklore and the facts on which it is based. Personal disclosure, I think fays and other beings somehow exist; if this is on the "etheric realm" or the "inner mind" is perhaps impossible to prove. I lean towards the levels of existence model, but some doubt would never do harm. Ubi dubium ibi libertas.
>>
>>18045025
The mechanism that creates the fairy rings is understood now, but this doesn't mean fairies don't like to stay there. All those stories may very well be based on fact.
For example, there's a plant called hawthorn which is cited as another fairy favorite. You don't need to "explain" hawthorns to believe fairies dwell inside them.
>>
>>18051998
I have posted this before, would you like some books?

Fairies: Real Encounters with Little People
Janet Bord
https://a.pomf.cat/mkeiwn.pdf

The Anatomy of Puck: An Examination of Fairy Beliefs Among Shakespeare and his Contemporaries
Katharine Mary Briggs
https://a.pomf.cat/komzvi.pdf

An Encyclopedia of Fairies
Katharine Mary Briggs
(File was too big for pomf. This is a zip file with pages scanned in JPG format. You can use a "comic book reader" to view

it, or just extract the images after changing the extension to .zip)
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/WJeUWZBs/file.html

The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries
Walter Yeeling Evans-Wentz
https://a.pomf.cat/wnszox.pdf

The Elizabethan Fairies: The Fairies Of Folklore and The Fairies Of Shakespeare
Minor White Latham
https://a.pomf.cat/laejaz.pdf

A Field Guide to Demons, Fairies, Fallen Angels and Other Subversive Spirits
Carol K. Mack & Dinah Mack
https://a.pomf.cat/trxqaz.pdf

Minor White Latham

Walker Between Worlds: A New Edition of the Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns and Fairies
Robert J. Stewart
https://a.pomf.cat/thwlwd.pdf

Minor White Latham

Two "generic" books about monsters, including but not limited to fays, which I consider essential reads:

Monsters: An Investigator's Guide to Magical Beings (second edition)
John Michael Greer
https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf

Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld
Patrick Harpur
https://a.pomf.cat/xvwfsc.pdf

A magic system to "work" with fays:

The Tree of Enchantment: Ancient Wisdom and Magic Practices of the Faery Tradition
Orion Foxwood
https://a.pomf.cat/huvigf.pdf
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.