[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't been much to /x/ before, but last week i experienced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: RwOzn7Q.jpg (211KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
RwOzn7Q.jpg
211KB, 750x738px
I haven't been much to /x/ before, but last week i experienced something I really can't explain, and I was hoping someone here might.

I'm al ong time sufferer from sleep paralysis. it comes and goes, but at bad times it can be four times a week, and I always make it worse because being paralysed is by far my worst fear so I always have panic attacks when it happens
during my very long and bad journey I've only discovered two things that work to prevent/snap me out of paralysis

1. Alarm clock
2: Physical touch

I almost never have paralysis if I'm woken up by my alarm, but it's not a foolproof tactic because I have a tendency to fall asleep the second I turn it off because I'm a super deep sleeper. Sometimes I'm not even aware that I've turned my alarm off.
If I wake up and I'm paralysed I get the full package. Really vivid auditory and visial hallucinations, and I can feel creatures climbing onto my mattress and onto me. The only thing that works to give me back control is to either wait for it to be over (which is hell), or be physically touched by something. it can be as small as a fly landing on my face or my blanket settling. any kind of touch wakes me right up.

Last week I forgot to turn my alarm back on and I woke up paralysed. I could hear my dad screaming at me to wake up, I could feel fingers on my scalp, the usual stuff.
But then I see this HUGE, dark figure standing at the edge of my bed. usually the creatures are small and goblin-ish, so this freaked me out even more. I mean, it kinda looked like them seeing it was all black, humanoid and had no eyes, but it was so much bigger.
Instead of climbing on top of me like the hallucinations usually do it reached out and touched my face. As in, physically, really touched me. It felt nothing like the hallucinations feel. It was extremely real and tangible, and like all physical touches it snapped me out of paralysis.
That's what freaked me out the most.
when I sat up it was gone.
>>
>>18040115
(cont) usually when I wake up from paralysis I have panic attacks, but this time I didn't. i wasn't even scared.
It feels like that thing helped me out, like it knew that if it touched me I would regain control over my body?

It might just have been a really strong hallucination, but I've been having sleep paralysis for years now, and never ever have I experienced something like this. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on this topic, and yet I have no idea what happened.
>>
>>18040115
More detail on the description of the big dark figure pls?
>>
>>18040138
It was just solid black, so it was kinda difficult to discern where the arms began and where the face was. Looked weirdly 2D. When it reached out I could see it had really big hands and fingers.
The silhouette looked maybe a bit muscular? And I couldn't see where the face and head would be because the upper body was one really big shape. Like if it had a lot of hair.

English isn't my first language so sorry if I can't describe it properly.
>>
>>18040115
People always report harsh sleep paralysis experiences. That sucks man.
I wake up in all kinds of sleep paralysis moods: from salloon piano playing somewhere in my kitchen and me hearing whispers to random shit flying around me and stabbing at me, but not in a discomfortable way, I never get bad vibes from my experiences.
Wonder why...
>>
>>18040212
that's why i waited a week to post, so I could calm down and analyse it and realize that it was just a strong hallucination. But I still can't fully believe that it was

When i'm paralysed my hallucinations always touch me. Sit on me and poke my eyes and stuff. But i am only "woken up" if something actually real and physical touches me, and this thing "woke me up"

and I always, ALWAYS have bad vibes. But this time it felt like the thing was helping me and no tyring to strangle me, so I wasn't afraid.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.