[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from Lovecraft himself of course, who else does some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Aside from Lovecraft himself of course, who else does some good Lovecraftian horror?

Not just books, comics, films, art whatever. I've been trying to delve further into the genre by reading Providence and all Alan Moore seems to do is drop references. So something a little more serious about its horror than that would be good
>>
I hear this movie is super close to the Lovecraftian style. People seem to go crazy over it, you'll probably dig it. I'll link the trailer.
https://youtu.be/SDYXcTAYo5M
>>
File: m8.png (274KB, 374x399px) Image search: [Google]
m8.png
274KB, 374x399px
>>18035522
why do you bother to shitpost like that lad?
>>
>>18035548
Because you bother shitposting like this
>>18035504
>>
>>18035564
>asking for recs to promote actual discussion instead of roleplay threads
>shitposting
nah son
>>
>>18035504
I'd be interested to. I've finished the necronomicon. The collection of love crafts works, not the edgy summon demons shit role players talk about. I've read of some other authors bit can't think of them right now.
>>
i know that Lovecraft wrote letters to several authors to help them make their works more "Lovecraftian", i guess wikipedia should list them.
>>
File: page_47.jpg (427KB, 991x1521px) Image search: [Google]
page_47.jpg
427KB, 991x1521px
The House on the Borderland.
There's a pretty good comic adaption illustrated by corben out there too.
>>
>>18035504
Charles Stross's Laundry series.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Atrocity_Archives

You're welcome.
>>
>>18036154
I only read night land and I fuckin loved the story and setting but his writing style was so bad that I didn't finish it... Any books with similar settings without the clumsy writing style?
>>
>>18036284
Not a similar setting, but be sure to read the "Books of Blood" by clive barker. In the unlikely event that you happen to be swedish, I'd also recommend "Rörelsen, den andra platsen". Very faithfully lovecraftian.
>>
>>18036372
Books of blood was alright but I feel that he relied on gore and sexual themes in many of his stories and that kept him from achieving a higher level of pure cosmic horror. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>18036429
Well I always preferred the more down-to-earth lovecraft stories than epic cosmic horror ones. Like Pickman's Model for example, or Rats in the Walls.
>>
You mean besides the Lovecraftian circle?
>>
Lord Dunsany
Algeron Blackwood
>>
>>18035504
ive heard The King in Yellow influenced HPL.
>>
>>18036448
where to find comic adaptions with the correct name for nigger man?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.